GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,598
    tkdrobert said:
    MDO2010 said:

Yeah - depending on its real world size texturing might be a bit of a pain if you want a close-up view of it. If you're going to be seeing it mostly from a distance though you can probably get away with flat colors for different parts or simple tiling textures without a lot of detail. Honestly I wouldn't even worry about it from the start though.

When modeling something like this the key is to break it into pieces and start by just getting the basic shapes/silhouette first, then go back in passes and slowly add detail as needed. Keep the added detail as separate pieces while modeling as much as you can because it will make unwrapping it easier when you get to that stage and if you make a mistake you don't have to totally start over - just fix that one piece (save often and save different versions as you go too). Think about how you're going to be using it too - you don't need as much detail for a ship that won't ever be close to the camera.

I'd recommend starting a thread on it in the Hexagon forum once you get going - I'm sure people will be happy to help you out with anything you get stuck on.  laugh

Good advise thanks.

I'd also recommend uv-mapping pieces early (and often) - you can always change seams later, but if you're faced with uv-mapping a whole finished model from scratch, it can drive you nuts ;)  uv-mapping early also gets you thinking where to place seams and how the thing might get textured.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    tkdrobert said:
    MDO2010 said:

Yeah - depending on its real world size texturing might be a bit of a pain if you want a close-up view of it. If you're going to be seeing it mostly from a distance though you can probably get away with flat colors for different parts or simple tiling textures without a lot of detail. Honestly I wouldn't even worry about it from the start though.

When modeling something like this the key is to break it into pieces and start by just getting the basic shapes/silhouette first, then go back in passes and slowly add detail as needed. Keep the added detail as separate pieces while modeling as much as you can because it will make unwrapping it easier when you get to that stage and if you make a mistake you don't have to totally start over - just fix that one piece (save often and save different versions as you go too). Think about how you're going to be using it too - you don't need as much detail for a ship that won't ever be close to the camera.

I'd recommend starting a thread on it in the Hexagon forum once you get going - I'm sure people will be happy to help you out with anything you get stuck on.  laugh

Good advise thanks.

I'd also recommend uv-mapping pieces early (and often) - you can always change seams later, but if you're faced with uv-mapping a whole finished model from scratch, it can drive you nuts ;)  uv-mapping early also gets you thinking where to place seams and how the thing might get textured.

I tend to wait until near the end to unwrap the big pieces but this is great advice - especially for pieces you plan to reuse throughout your model, like windows/window frames, bolts, fixtures, greebles, etc. You don't want to have to model those multiple times so you just make one and duplicate it as needed and you will save yourself a lot of headaches if you unwrap the original before you start copying it.

• So shadowhawkone has this nifty Bubblegum Crisis cosplay armor: https://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/Bubblegum-Cosplay-Armour-For-V4-406421630

Has anyone seen footwear anywhere else like this: high, chunky heel, very sleek, robotic front with not-very-well-defined foot? I need some ridiculous sci-fi boots lower than the calf, but those pieces are for thigh armor. They go up too high!

I can work with any figure V3 and after. Help -- my spacefarers need ridiculous boots to finish their spacesuits. :p Thanks.

--MW

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

So shadowhawkone has this nifty Bubblegum Crisis cosplay armor: https://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/Bubblegum-Cosplay-Armour-For-V4-406421630

Has anyone seen footwear anywhere else like this: high, chunky heel, very sleek, robotic front with not-very-well-defined foot? I need some ridiculous sci-fi boots lower than the calf, but those pieces are for thigh armor. They go up too high!

I can work with any figure V3 and after. Help -- my spacefarers need ridiculous boots to finish their spacesuits. :p Thanks.

--MW

There is some gundam armor for V4 on Renderoaity and it may also be at CGSHARE.com. The shoes only go up to the angle, then there are shin plates

feature image

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

So shadowhawkone has this nifty Bubblegum Crisis cosplay armor: https://shadowhawkone.deviantart.com/art/Bubblegum-Cosplay-Armour-For-V4-406421630

--MW

Looking at the picture of the Bubblegum Cosplay Armour ... if the boots have a different material zone for the cuffs, you could make those invisible and get lower boots.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,598
    Kerya said:

--MW

Looking at the picture of the Bubblegum Cosplay Armour ... if the boots have a different material zone for the cuffs, you could make those invisible and get lower boots.

Or use geometry editor in DS to remove those polys (or give them another material zone).

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited March 2018

Anyone know where I can find a hamster wheel? - Nevermind, I found one.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
    edited March 2018

Would love if someone could make this fighter (Sabre)  from HALO for DAZ with rigged landing gear and cockpit.

Image result for HALO REACH sabre fighter

Image result for HALO REACH sabre fighter

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited March 2018

Has anyone seen a chain or beaded halter for the Millenium Horse? Or any horse, really, with parenting I can fit anything. Even a rope halter could work. 

Something like this would be ideal:

Post edited by LuckBe on

robotech zentraedi battlepod, rigged for Poser and/or DAZ, please.

Image result for robotech zentraedi battlepod images, psd no background

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199

Does anybody know where I can find a free or low cost front -opening bra or bikini top for Vicotria 4?

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    Kerya said:

Thank you! I hadn't seen the second one, and that led me to the creator's website, where he had a bunch of other stuff I can use too. 

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,196

Does anyone remember a uvmap, and if it's still available, that allows the Diamond Horse (RDNA by LLF) to wear Mil Horse textures?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

Does anyone remember a uvmap, and if it's still available, that allows the Diamond Horse (RDNA by LLF) to wear Mil Horse textures?

This is Lyne's Creation product. It does not convert Mil Horse textures persay. She converted her Milhorse textures to work on Diamond.

http://www.lynescreations.com/lynefree27.htm

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,196

Thanks Dolly and I think I may have misunderstood what lyne stated on that page, I thought she was saying there was maps so anyone could use any mil horse textures.  I did grab those though, and many others on the site.

edited March 2018
    fleetpp said:

Does anybody know where I can find a free or low cost front -opening bra or bikini top for Vicotria 4?

The Nova outfit by evilinnocence has a morphing shirt that was on sale this past weekend. I made a custom transparency material file that makes it a front-opening sports bra.  smiley

Post edited by fleetpp on
  • Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited March 2018

Does anyone know of a Vincent Valentine like cloak?
    Doesn't have to be tattered...
    Vincent Valentine

Post edited by Chelle the Cat on
  • I tried searching for a safari outfit and pith hat for the Victoria 4 figure yesterday, and couldn't find anything.  Are there any free versions available?

• There's a pith helmet for M4 here: https://www.sharecg.com/v/48260/

Fitting it to V4 should be easy.

JonSea31 said:

I tried searching for a safari outfit and pith hat for the Victoria 4 figure yesterday, and couldn't find anything.  Are there any free versions available?

There are some V4 shoes, shorts, and long pants that might work for you at http://mamomamo.candypop.jp/Freestuff/CCP012.html

Karth's Mountie jacket for M4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/42635/browse/11/Poser/Mountie-Set-for-M4 could be fitted to V4. 

• fleetpp said:
    JonSea31 said:

I tried searching for a safari outfit and pith hat for the Victoria 4 figure yesterday, and couldn't find anything.  Are there any free versions available?

There are some V4 shoes, shorts, and long pants that might work for you at http://mamomamo.candypop.jp/Freestuff/CCP012.html

Karth's Mountie jacket for M4 http://www.sharecg.com/v/42635/browse/11/Poser/Mountie-Set-for-M4 could be fitted to V4. 

I forgot to specify, I would prefer khaki shorts.  I don't know if the shorts on the above link are the khaki type.

The pith hat in the post above is, however, interesting.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

...running shorts for G2/G3.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,254
    edited March 2018
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501

..the second one would however updating FF killed my saved passwords and I once again lost the one to her site (this is something like the third time).

• Hi.

I am working on an 1850s Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamboat scene that later on will become public domain, and need 1850s people as 3D models. I have a collection of photos and illustrations that show the fashion of cloth and hair.

Is anyone interested to participate this project?

SL - Mississippi Paddle-Wheel Steamer - Atop Side.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 807K
    edited March 2018
    JonSea31 said:
    fleetpp said:
    JonSea31 said:

I forgot to specify, I would prefer khaki shorts.  I don't know if the shorts on the above link are the khaki type.

The pith hat in the post above is, however, interesting.

WTF? For khaki, just change the color of the texture file.

I strongly suggest for your next request that you post pictures of what you want.

Post edited by fleetpp on
  • New request.  I tried searching for iPod poses, but to no avail.  I am looking to have a V4 figure use a hand-held device designed to detect treasure, and need poses to allow that to happen.  Are there any free iPod poses anywhere I could download?

• Try looking for Star Trek poses and devices. You'll find a lot for handheld devices. Maybe start here: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Resources

JonSea31 said:

New request.  I tried searching for iPod poses, but to no avail.  I am looking to have a V4 figure use a hand-held device designed to detect treasure, and need poses to allow that to happen.  Are there any free iPod poses anywhere I could download?

See my previous respons. Post an image of what you are looking for; then I'll do a search.

This discussion has been closed.