Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR)

19495969798100»

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,561
    tkdrobert said:

Some wall art for my workout area:

Bushido

The Samurai was done in IRAY, then Fotosketcher filter.  Text and Dragon done in Photoshop.  The dragon is a PS brush.

Morality is over-rated anyway ;)

- Greg

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited January 2018

​Basic Iray render photoshoped using filters from Photdonut, and background painted using som of Ron's Water Color brushes.

Moths1.jpg
    1200 x 742 - 604K
    Post edited by scorpio on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    tkdrobert said:

Bushido

The Samurai was done in IRAY, then Fotosketcher filter.  Text and Dragon done in Photoshop.  The dragon is a PS brush.

- Greg

A warrior without a code is a danger to everyone.

scorpio said:

​Basic Iray render photoshoped using filters from Photdonut.

That's pretty cool.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,919
    scorpio said:

​Basic Iray render photoshoped using filters from Photdonut, and background painted using som of Ron's Water Color brushes.

very nice effect, good to see Ron's watercolours in action too

Artini said:

Great engraving examples, head wax. I like very much the first one.

kenmo said:
    magicjava said:

Now THAT ^^^^ deserves a tutorial - totally awesome

Concurr....Head Wax you are onto something that is awesome....

thank you both :)

The mermaids scene looks amazing @magicjava  Very cool that you were able to achieve it without a lot of post work.

The soldier/vehicle renders are neat @headwax.  Are you using the same figure for all three characters?  The faces look similar and I'm wondering whether that is because of minimum lines or use of the same character.  Like your explorer renders as well.  The second one actually looks a little like it's in motion/vibrating, like the seconds before using a transporter or something, if you know what I mean.  

thanks :) they are some low res models I picked up at Rendo???? a few years ago - they were being phased out. they are very low res, you change the features mainly with texture maps which didnt really show up - unfortunately there was something in the filkes tyhat stopped Carrara saving them, not sure why, Glad you like the explorer ones !

cheers :)

tkdrobert said:

Bushido

nice balance and good choice of font - looks dangerous !

edited January 2018

another Carrara one with that engraving technique - combo of photodonut and FilterForge plus native Carrara renders

the second one uses Carrara's native toon!pro111 as the base combined with a little mix of a diffuse pass, a coverage pass and a shadow pass

Post edited by Headwax on
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

Bushido

- Greg

What I meant was, what's the 7th virtue? I see only 6 listed. (hint: it might be morality)

- Greg

scorpio said:

The limited palette of greens/yellows looks excellent, @scorpio - great job on this one!

- Greg

• magicjavamagicjava Posts: 152
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

Bushido

- Greg

What I meant was, what's the 7th virtue? I see only 6 listed. (hint: it might be morality)

- Greg

Integrity 

magicjava said:
    tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

Bushido

- Greg

- Greg

Integrity 

Ah crap yep, that's the I left out.

I;ll have to fix it tomorrow.

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

Bushido

- Greg

- Greg

It is morality

Well it depends on which traslation you look at LOL

edited January 2018

I fixed it.  Thanks for the catch.  blush   I may adjust the spacing again before I print it.  Anyhow, time for bed.

Bushido

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • I really hate to be that guy, but can we please avoid double-posting so much? If you don't know what double-posting is, i'm referring to someone making two or more posts in a row before someone else has responded. I've noticed it happening quite a lot in this topic. One problem with double-posting is that it fills up the page a lot quicker, meaning that other people's posts might get buried without anyone seeing them.

If you forgot to write something in your post, or if you need to add additional info/pictures after the fact (and nobody else has responded yet), you should edit your post instead. You can do this by hovering over your post and clicking on the little gear icon in the top-right corner of the post.

You can also have multiple quotes in the same post, so you don't need to make multiple posts in a row when quoting multiple people. Clicking the "Quote" button will add the quote to the end your comment even if there's already a quote in it, like this:

Quote 1:

head wax said:
    Artini said:

Great engraving examples, head wax. I like very much the first one.

kenmo said:
    magicjava said:

Now THAT ^^^^ deserves a tutorial - totally awesome

Concurr....Head Wax you are onto something that is awesome....

thank you both :)

And quote 2:

tkdrobert said:

Well it depends on which traslation you look at LOL

Anyways, I hope this info helps, and I hope I haven't come off as harsh or anything. I just want to make sure we keep this topic nice and tidy. Also, looking at it now, the "edit" button is tiny (especially when compared to the "quote" button), so I wouldn't be surprised if most people miss it. ^^"

A page from my Heroes of the Wild Frontier comic.

edited January 2018
    magicjava said:

very nice flow, it's good how you get away with the tyranslucent speech bubbles too

You can also have multiple quotes in the same post, so you don't need to make multiple posts in a row when quoting multiple people. Clicking the "Quote" button will add the quote to the end your comment even if there's already a quote in it, like this:

​thanks for pointing that out Nathan, I only just discovered you can do this

Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:
    magicjava said:

very nice flow, it's good how you get away with the tyranslucent speech bubbles too

Thank you. :) I also like the marble background on the page. It gives the page a nice "finished" look.

Here's two more. The first one shows using iRay's emmisive surfaces features in a non-photorealistic picture...

And the second one shows some old-fashioned comic effects, like force lines and sound effects, done in 3D...

• Amazing !

If I didn't know I would not guess that this was done in Daz.

When's the comic being released ?

edited January 2018

Amazing !

Thank you very much! I don’t want to sell the comics through a store like Comixology, they keep too much of the money from each sale. So I’m building my own online store. Obviously that will take some time.

But the series is already finished, so let me post a few more previews and I’ll see if I can get you guys some free copies!

Post edited by magicjava on
  • kenmokenmo Posts: 893
    scorpio said:

Looks like it belongs in a fairy tale book...excellent image...

head wax said:

another Carrara one with that engraving technique - combo of photodonut and FilterForge plus native Carrara renders

the second one uses Carrara's native toon!pro111 as the base combined with a little mix of a diffuse pass, a coverage pass and a shadow pass

Superb work. Not sure which one I prefer as I love both....

magicjava said:

Nice indeed... Printed or digital comic?

I've been playing around with a couple of new techniques and mixing them with some of my old techniques. This one went somewhere totally unexpected from where I started. I thought I'd share.

Not sure how I overlooked this... Like what you are doing ...

Artini said:

Another render from Unity, filtered afterwards in Topaz Clean.

I've been playing around with a couple of new techniques and mixing them with some of my old techniques. This one went somewhere totally unexpected from where I started. I thought I'd share.

scorpio said:

These are amazing pictures, guys. Great work.

So i've been watching the Game Grumps play Doki Doki Literature Club recently and felt inspired.

Glitch effect was done in Filter Forge Pro 6 using "Glitch" by AwesomeSauce (with minor alterations to work with alpha).

Sorry for two posts in a row, this one was supposed to be in the above post too. Great work!

• Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited January 2018

Yes there's some great images being posted here :)

magicjava said:

Amazing !

Thank you very much! I don’t want to sell the comics through a store like Comixology, they keep too much of the money from each sale. So I’m building my own online store. Obviously that will take some time.

But the series is already finished, so let me post a few more previews and I’ll see if I can get you guys some free copies!

Cool ! Looking forward to it. Good luck with the store - when you are ready to publish I can put a link/image on my website if you want.

Later,

Rog.

Thread continues here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/227541/more-non-photorealisitic-renders-npr-ii

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.