(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I have a question about adding the optional JCM (Chapter 2). Do I have to do each JCM slider separately, saving the figure/prop asset, deleting it, reloading it, and then do the next JCM(i.e. saving it 4 time for the 4 JCMs)?

No, in my testing I was able to save once after dialing in all the JCM. Just make sure you don't omit the property editor step so they get properly saved.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited April 2013

barbult said:
    I have a question about adding the optional JCM (Chapter 2). Do I have to do each JCM slider separately, saving the figure/prop asset, deleting it, reloading it, and then do the next JCM(i.e. saving it 4 time for the 4 JCMs)?

No, in my testing I was able to save once after dialing in all the JCM. Just make sure you don't omit the property editor step so they get properly saved.
    So for example, is this the correct procedure to do them all:

Dial SRMS dress base Upper Left Handle to -90
    Dial SRMS dress base bend left thigh JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend left thigh JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial SRMS dress base Upper Left Handle back to 0
    Dial SRMS dress base left thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base Upper Right Handle to -90
    Dial SRMS dress base bend right thigh JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend right thigh JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

(now both left and right upper handles are at -90)
    Dial SRMS dress base bend left thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base bend right thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend both thighs JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs JCM to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base Lower left Handle to 90
    Dial SRMS dress base Lower right Handle to 90
    (now both upper handles are -90 and both lower handles are 90)
    Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs and knees JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend both thighs and knees JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial all handles and JCMs back to 0
    Save figure/prop asset

Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    barbult said:

So for example, is this the correct procedure to do them all:

Dial SRMS dress base bend left thigh JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend left thigh JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial SRMS dress base Upper Left Handle back to 0
    Dial SRMS dress base left thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base Upper Right Handle to -90
    Dial SRMS dress base bend right thigh JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend right thigh JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

(now both left and right upper handles are at -90)
    Dial SRMS dress base bend left thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base bend right thigh JCM back to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend both thighs JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs JCM to 0%
    Dial SRMS dress base Lower left Handle to 90
    Dial SRMS dress base Lower right Handle to 90
    (now both upper handles are -90 and both lower handles are 90)
    Dial SRMS dress base bend both thighs and knees JCM to 100%
    Change garment's bend both thighs and knees JCM Content Type to None in Property Editor

Dial all handles and JCMs back to 0
    Save figure/prop asset

That looks like exactly how I do it, yes.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the fast responses, SickleYield. I understand it now.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks for the fast responses, SickleYield. I understand it now.

*Thumbs up*

This job is my life, so I'm on here a lot. ;) Hope it brings you the results you're looking for!

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Can anyone explain how to use this rigging system. I am trying to load up the Martial Arts Gi for M4 on Genesis. I searched my hard drive and can not find a readme on this.

Thanks.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Can anyone explain how to use this rigging system. I am trying to load up the Martial Arts Gi for M4 on Genesis. I searched my hard drive and can not find a readme on this.

Thanks.

The manual is pretty essential, in my opinion. If you don't have it you can grab it from My Account>Product Library (I think that's what I had to do...not sure the manual is available through DIM).
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited April 2013

Y'know, I've been using this system for almost two months now, and I still can't get over how awesome it is. Case in point: the girl in the pics below is one of the central characters in my comic, created on a V3 base back in 2007 or so. I was aiming for what they call in the South a comfortably-built girl; I was too inexperienced with DAZ to realize that what I was actually making was a Mutant Invader from the Planet Boob Cling -- and that was when I was lucky enough to find clothes that fit. I spent most of the next four hundred strips grimly chanting "Do the best you can with magnets, fix it in postwork, when all else fails strategically-placed word bubble."

Genesis was a huge step forward, but the SRMS is magic. Seriously. I went to put the 9mbi Garden Nast outfit on her today and I was almost laughing. It's so easy! I don't have to do anything! I just put the clothes on and she looks like a well-endowed human instead of a Mutant Invader!

So yeah, not really a point to this post. I just wanted to say thank you again for putting this out there. It's a lifesaver.

LenaCompare.jpg
    1243 x 908 - 784K
    Post edited by katfeete on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Just to throw a 'Seconded!' on this to @katfeete's comments; 9mbi has this huge amount of V4 clothing which is absurdly cheap, as long a you're aware you're only dealing with a computer whose owners have long-since forgotten it's running... :) Most of it autofits pretty poorly, but for <$1/dress it's typically not important. Enter... DUN! ... SRMS.</p>

It's like one of those top-of-the-line Prosumer DSLR cameras; I'm not as good a photographer as the camera deserves, but I know that it has all these capabilities that I could grow into if I choose to spend the time. Yet until then, I still take better pictures than I could with a cheapie P&S or my phone's camera.

SRMS is like that. I know in the back of my mind that there's stuff in there for rigging new clothing, and automatically supporting all these characters, and stuff like that. But right now, it helps me with the simple stuff.

Thanks!

-- Morgan

edited April 2013

Thanks, guys. I'm glad you're happy with it. This product took longer to make and more hair-pulling than anything I've ever done, but it has also been the most rewarding, not just financially but in terms of all that people are turning out to be able to do with it.

EDIT TO ADD:

Oh wow. 9mbi does have some SUPER cute outfits for very cheap. And lack of support for different V4 morphs is no issue whatsoever with conversion in mind. ;)

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited April 2013

JOdel said:
    Here's something rather off the wall.

What happens if someone tries to apply this system to a garment which is Poser dynamic?

Yes, I know that Poser dynamic clothing's native file type is of a prop not a character. I'm assuming that it could be saved out as an .obj or something.

*Could* one bring the geometry in and re-rig it as a conforming item from scratch?

And, yes, I know that in most cases there's no point to it since the dynamic function is the whole point of the garment. But there are a few out there, that I'm not convinced *need* to be dynamic.

Well, do you already have it? Try it. You need to convert prop to figure and figure to TriAx first, but then it should be at least worth a try. It's not like the system uses the original face grouping anyway.

I'm'a go get one of those pretty V3 nighties and see if it works.

So I decided to try this, just to see what would happen. I tried it first with a V3 item that I had around, from before I understood the difference between conforming and dynamic, and it kind of profoundly didn't work. I'm not entirely sure why, but; my guess is there were some geometry issues or the dress was intended to be ... unusually revealing, let's say. (Or it was intended for a figure with a very flat bosom down to her waist, with both of her breasts trying to escape in opposite directions.)

I tried one more time with TheWebFlea's Plain Dress for Victoria 4 from ShareCG, because it's a length and shape that doesn't necessarily need to be dynamic, and it worked! ... with caveats.

Below is Bruuna with the Plain Dress, in a version of the Sit pose from V5 general poses.

Basically the process was:
    1) Convert prop to figure
    2) Use Wancow's OBJ export method
    3) Where he uses the GenMFD to re-rig, use Genesis itself, with the Transfer Assets utility and the Dress > SRMSDress template. (It needs to be re-weightmapped at that stage, because you're working from an OBJ file.)

The caveat is that this dress is an awkward length to have SRMS working alone on. From mid-thigh to knee, it really needs another handle or something, because the back of the dress, the back of the skirt area, needs to be moved independently of the rest to keep smoothing from going slightly insane as it does. I tried adding in the morphs from the MFD, but I did that the wrong way, I think. Every time I tried to use one of its morphs, the dress completely popped off of her, instead of making changes in place. The other aspect is that if you want the breast bridging morphs -- and with this dress, you do -- SRMS needs to be done *after* MFD or some other transfer, because otherwise MFD's FBMVictoria4 overwrites the one from SRMS, and you wind up with cling wrap.

So it does work, it just needs help from other processes here and there.

Bruuna-PlainDressHugger.png
    823 x 872 - 337K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

So I have downloaded the manual and have spent the last hour or so trying unsuccessfully to get anything to work with the Dynamic Martial Arts Gi for M4.

So here are a few things I have encountered.

1. In transfer Utility - It never gives me an option in Target for this item.
    2. Autofit - When I choose fit to I am never given an option for what type of item
    3. When trying to do convert weight mapping method I am given an error that I "must select a figure built with Parametric Joint Parameters"

Can anyone assist me on this?

Getting the Martial Art Gi bundle to work better with Genesis was definitely a primary reason I purchased the Sickle Rigging Morph System to begin with.

Thanks

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    So I have downloaded the manual and have spent the last hour or so trying unsuccessfully to get anything to work with the Dynamic Martial Arts Gi for M4.

As I understand it the SRMS is designed to work with conforming clothes, not dynamics. Some people have gotten it to work with dynamics -- see vwrangler's post above -- but the process is more complicated than that described in the manual and it will convert the clothing item to a conforming one.

So if you're looking for a system that converts dynamic G4 clothing to dynamic Genesis clothing, I don't think the SRMS is it. :(

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

2. Autofit - When I choose fit to I am never given an option for what type of item
    3. When trying to do convert weight mapping method I am given an error that I "must select a figure built with Parametric Joint Parameters"

Getting the Martial Art Gi bundle to work better with Genesis was definitely a primary reason I purchased the Sickle Rigging Morph System to begin with.

Thanks

If it's an Optitex item it's probably not happening (unless you export it first as an obj, import, and rig from scratch).

If it's a regular Poser dynamic, you need to convert to a figure in the Scene tab (select the item, right-click) before you can use it with Transfer Utility.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

Thanks

If it's an Optitex item it's probably not happening (unless you export it first as an obj, import, and rig from scratch).

If it's a regular Poser dynamic, you need to convert to a figure in the Scene tab (select the item, right-click) before you can use it with Transfer Utility.

Darn. There are so many awesome clothing items for Gen 4, but it seems to always be really frustrating to get any of them work. Being a relatively new user to DAZ, that is why I love Genesis stuff. So much just works out of the box and I am able to start building scenes 100% faster.

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

Hello I just bought this and plain to instal it and read this thread over the weekend.

I have a slight issue with the transfer utility I would like to fix before installing the product.

For somereason I have duplicates in the Projection Templates.

Any ideas as to why or how to fix this?

transferutility.jpg
    429 x 408 - 29K
    edited December 1969

Nope, that's a weird one. I'm going to request that you ask in Nuts and Bolts rather than here, since it's a preexisting issue unrelated to this product.

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited December 1969

thank you for your superfast reply.
    i looked in the projection templet folder, I should have thought to do that first
    turns out i had both dsa and duf files, i deleted all the dsa files and that fixed it

edited December 1969

thank you for your superfast reply.
    i looked in the projection templet folder, I should have thought to do that first
    turns out i had both dsa and duf files, i deleted all the dsa files and that fixed it

Glad you were able to figure it out!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Here's another fishing expedition. There's a rater lovely Renaissance dress over on Xurge which is on sale this month. Thre's the usual issue of a long skirt. But the real issue is that the dress is for Alyson. There's a version for My Michelle, but frankly, it doesn't look like it transfered well.

Has anyone tried to port over anything built for Poser people? Did it work at all?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Here's another fishing expedition. There's a rater lovely Renaissance dress over on Xurge which is on sale this month. Thre's the usual issue of a long skirt. But the real issue is that the dress is for Alyson. There's a version for My Michelle, but frankly, it doesn't look like it transfered well.

Has anyone tried to port over anything built for Poser people? Did it work at all?

It's not going to work on Poser weight-mapped items. In my testing it's a complete fail with Jan19's With Flair freebie from Rendo, at least.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246
    edited December 1969

Ah. No idea if it's weight mapped, but it probably is. Good to know ahead of time. Wish they'd done a version for Victoria.

• KinnieMKinnieM Posts: 130
    edited May 2013

Lol, I had also considered purchasing the Renaissance dress (beautiful gown) from Xurge to use with SickleYield's Rigging And Morphing System and was concerned it wouldn't work. Glad now that I waited but so wish that there had been a V4 version as well as that would have transferred to Genesis just fine.

Thanks Sickle for the info about poser weight mapped items not working with this product. :)

Post edited by KinnieM on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

SY, any Youtube or videos on using this product?

edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    SY, any Youtube or videos on using this product?

I'm afraid not, nor are there likely to be. I don't have the capture or editing software or a good enough mic for something like that.

• thoreandanthoreandan Posts: 151
    edited December 1969

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

edited May 2013

There was an update in the DAZ Installation Manager for SRMS today, does anybody know what was changed or added?

Yay, it got through testing!

It adds FBMDavid5 and FBMStephanie4 to the dress and bodysuit for morph copying. D5 wasn't out when SRMS was first released, and I didn't yet have S4 at that point.

I've done Dariofish's Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie, since they're not official DAZ morphs. Also, that gives me an easy way to keep adding DarioFish's incredible FBMs without having to do one of these time-consuming updates each time (I can't emphasize enough how much I adore his custom alien characters).

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I’ve done Dariofish’s Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie

Yay!

Will you add Demonics and his Alien morphs as well?

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I’ve done Dariofish’s Iradians as well, but those will probably be released at ShareCG or my own site as a freebie

Yay!

I have the Kergans and Talarians as well and do plan to do those. Maybe the Demonics. Probably not the big morphs-only pack.

He's really doing gorgeous work with these, so I would probably also support future creatures of his as time permits.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

Yay!

I have the Kergans and Talarians as well and do plan to do those. Maybe the Demonics. Probably not the big morphs-only pack.

He's really doing gorgeous work with these, so I would probably also support future creatures of his as time permits.
    Double yay!