Welcome to the May 2013 Freebie Challenge: "Yesterday's Future"

Comments

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Interesting about the flying cars. A couple of years ago I had a dream about flying cars. My father had taken the whole family to the flying car dealership. We all got into a bright yellow flying car that looked very similar to a helicopter. It was Dad's first time flying a car so we were all a little nervous. Then the dream took off in a spy direction. And, we were chasing after bad guys... I've been watching for flying car headlines ever since.

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A flying car would be fantastic (for those driving them and not underneath them anyway). It would certainly be fun to try, but 'm not holding my breath.

A question about the contest: Are limited-time freebies or platinum club freebies that are not currently available or available to everyone acceptable in the contest, or should we limit ourselves to freebies that everybody can get right now?

Platinum Club freebies are not counted as freebies period; as the Platinum Club is a paid membership. Limited time freebies have to be available for the whole month to count as free. The only exception is DAZ weekly freebie which can be counted as free for the month it is released in.
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

ok, thanks! Now off to search through freebies.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Eustace Scrubb has PM'ed me about the promised prize for third-place... The gloves probably won't be part of the package - there are some issues in the modeling.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Kinda annoying how finding links is harder than completing my render. I'll post my entry when I can.

edited December 1969

Some stuff seems no longer available so let me enter as is.

GREEN SKINNED SPACE BABES FROM THE DESTINATION OF INVASION!
    Daz 4.5

NOT COUNTED
    Genesis
    Free Bodysuit (no longer available)
    Goggles (part of a different bodysuit, no longer available?)
    Pose (can't find, by Taki Yasoba?)

PAID
    Genesis Evolution: Morph Bundle -- http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle

FREE
    Lighting -- Arah3D Subtly Soft Lights For DS Bonus Freebie -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/64526/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Arah3D-Subtly-Soft-Lights-For-DS-Bonus-Freebie
    Stars -- Fuseling SpaceDome -- http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62934
    Shaders/Skin tone -- Ultimate Shader Pack for DAZ Studio UPDATED_2011 -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/27568/material-and-shader/Ultimate-Shader-Pack-for-DAZ-Studio
    Morphs -- DieTrying's 182 V4 Morphs for Genesis -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/View/11/Poser/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis
    Morph -- Janet for Genesis (DAZ Studio 4.5) -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/65816/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Janet-for-Genesis-(DAZ-Studio-4.5)
    Lips and eyes -- Priscilla for V4.2 -- http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66639
    Shoes -- Genesis Thigh Boots -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/68995/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Thigh-Boots
    Skirt -- Genesis Swimwear -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/62098/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Swimwear
    Portal -- Gate of Desolation -- http://www.sharecg.com/v/27140/gallery/11/Poser/Gate-of-Desolation
    Laser Cannon -- TheBeast -- http://www.runtimedna.com/TheBeast.html

Green_Space_Babe.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 854K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

Daz 4.5

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=41&aid=67637_cDLuL6FDOAswjg7mdsv0&thumb=1&board_id=1

Very retro looking!

Dana

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice render Zamuel :)

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:

That's very much in the '60s-style of magazine covers... and all the links check out.

ENTRY #001 : ENTRY ACCEPTED

entry01-detail.jpg
    398 x 245 - 27K
    edited May 2013

celebi has sent me a copy of the Morphing Fantasy Dress textures that all the winners and HMs will be receiving, and I've made a quick promo render of them.

The textures were designed with the Victoria 3 MFD. Aiko 3 is wearing the "firebird" texture (and the panties from her 0009 outfit so she doesn't get in trouble with the mods), and Victoria 4 is wearing the green texture.

celebis_MFD_textures.png
    600 x 600 - 231K
    Post edited by robkelk on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU

that would be my home town.... keeping it weird as always

317111_10200812342727895_132731833_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 96K
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    MAY THE 4th BE WITH YOU

Would you believe this is why I asked for May, and chose this theme?

(No? Well, it was worth a try... :cheese: )

Here's one I did a couple of years ago for a completely different project (using it here under the CC-BY-NC license offered by www.fenspace.net, so it isn't even a NAE)

may-the-fourth.png
    931 x 928 - 455K
  • greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Question - does Morphs ++ count as a paid item or part of the base figure?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Morphs are typically separate.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

From the rules sticky (top of forum) #6. Morphs will count toward a purchased item.

edited December 1969

Oh, dear - we almost slipped off the front page!

NAE

Something in a '70s style: "Vitruvian Machine"

may2013-nae-01.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I suppose you've all been asking yourselves, "Where's BWSman?":

BWSman sent me a Renderosity sitemail today because he hasn't been able to login to the DAZ3D website since Saturday. He asked that I post to the Freebie Challenge thread to let everyone know he's having trouble connecting.

edited December 1969

Oh helpful, did he happen to say what the problem was exactly?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh helpful, did he happen to say what the problem was exactly?

No, just that he hasn't been able to get in since Saturday morning.
    edited December 1969

Not sure what can be causing that then. If you talk to him again, tell him that both RHaseltine and chohole are also members at Rendo, so he could site mail one of us with more detail, so we could see if it can be sorted out for him.

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Oh, dear - we almost slipped off the front page!

Surprised it's going so slow. I have another image planned but probably won't get to work on it until the weekend.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Not sure what can be causing that then. If you talk to him again, tell him that both RHaseltine and chohole are also members at Rendo, so he could site mail one of us with more detail, so we could see if it can be sorted out for him.

I've passed that along...
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm back. I think there was a hub down between me & the DAZ3D server because I had no problems going elsewhere on the web. I wasn't able to get back in until late this afternoon and of course I had to go out shortly afterwards.

The withdrawal symptoms have mostly disappeared.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    I'm back. I think there was a hub down between me & the DAZ3D server because I had no problems going elsewhere on the web. I wasn't able to get back in until late this afternoon and of course I had to go out shortly afterwards.

Here it'll help...
    Patch.jpg
    300 x 220 - 20K
  • Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice Image rob :)

Oh I think everyone hunts for freebies :)
    BTW I will try to have entry prize ready for the weekend :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    BWSman said:

Here it'll help...

The DAZ Patch - available soon. :-)

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Nice Image rob :)

Oh I think everyone hunts for freebies :)
    BTW I will try to have entry prize ready for the weekend :)

Thanks, both for the compliment and the entry gift.

The first few days of any challenge are usually slow, but there's also usually some chatter to keep the thread visible. Did the theme over-awe everyone that much? :cheese: Or did everyone else have the same trouble that BWSman did?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

I've been able to get in. It's annoying that people are still having issues with this site, though. I'm sure that's part of the problem. Some might have given up by now. Still others might have run out of money and let the PC membership go, and then decided that there's not enough to keep them coming back. Without the discount the PC membership gets you, things are kind of costly here. Even with the discount.

Then again, maybe it's been such a hard winter in our hemisphere that everyone is out enjoying the warm, sunny weather, and celebrating the end of the 2012/2013 winter season!

Dana

edited December 1969

I was in the core downtown at lunchtime today and still ate lunch outdoors because the day was so beautiful... I can believe everyone else is also enjoying the sunshine!

But come back and post some renders, please... I'd like to show music a thriving thread when he gets back.

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited May 2013

You guys keep coming up with the coolest challenges. I cut my teeth on Asimov and McCaffery -- how could I resist this one?

I'm calling it "Planet of the Lizardmen" because, uh, yeah, they used to call books things like that. I'm getting a distinct Andre Norton vibe from it myself (in fact I keep getting the vague feeling this is a book cover from one of hers I saw somewhere) but the girl is green-eyed and redheaded as a hat tip to Heinlein. Thank you, sir, for Podkayne of Mars and Methuselah's Children, I read them to death, and I forgive you for the emotional scarring caused by reading To Sail Beyond the Sunset at age twelve....

Freebie credits:

1) herminio's Martian Colonial City

2) RDNA's Skydome

3) Stonemason's Skytraffic (click on the "Downloads" link on the bottom; Skytraffic is the first item)

4) RAMWorks’s Morphs for Genesis (all characters)

5) Devil-Lived's Lizzar for Genesis (lizardman)

6) SickleYield's Mutations for Genesis (lizardman)

7) Wildglitterfairy's Tyleena skin (girl)

8) LA3D's Sebastian-Grant skin (boy)

9) Kozaburo's Alice Hair (girl) (click "Downloads": scroll to the bottom item of the first page) with a texture by JorgeLuso

10) mayuta's Man's Hair F1 (boy)

11) Bobbie25's Free Dress (girl)

12) StudioArtVartanian's G.O.D. Bodysuit (boy)

13) vintorix's Sci-Fi Hero Utility Belt(boy)

14) Karth's Boys of Atlanticca boots (boy) (you'll need a RDNA account to download)

15) wilmap's Hooded Gown (lizardman) and Thigh Boots (girl)

16) eblank's textures for the Hooded Gown

17) Georgehaze's Ultimate Shader Pack (both uniforms, all items)

18) A blaster from Tim Polmear's Erato Base Extras pack (girl) (rightmost download, top row)

19) Barcode's ThunderStrike Gun (boy)

20) BionicRooster's Ray Gun

21) Marianne Gilliand's Super Shine Shader (Erato blaster)

22) Groovemaster's Shader Pack 3 (bump map on the Spirit Hawk)

ETA: Oops, forgot the lizardman's eyes:

23) Danmoria's Fantasy Eyes for Genesis

Paid items:
    Dreamlight's Light Dome LE

Undeclared:
    Genesis
    The spaceship model is the Spirit Hawk by bovi and though I'm 99% sure I picked it up as a freebie I can't find it anywhere. I did locate similar models for free by the same artist, but not this one. Such is life.

PlanetLizardmen.png
    1100 x 766 - 1M
    Post edited by katfeete on