Free collection of 328 Iray-ready Daz Texture Presets made from Nobiax’s Freebie Textures! v0.99

124»

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

DAZ Menu - Help - Troubleshooting - View Log File...

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72

Thanks! the log file is not that helpful:

2017-05-01 17:56:04.483 Iray INFO - module:category(IRT:RENDER):   1.0   IRT    rend info : Scene graph creation took 0.000056 seconds

Oh for goodness sake - I just tried a "standard" Iray material and got the same error! Duh... I forgot to select the surface before trying to apply the material.  Geeze, somethimes I just want to bang my head on the keyboard! Learning new software can be a real pain.  

• kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63

Oh for goodness sake - I just tried a "standard" Iray material and got the same error! Duh... I forgot to select the surface before trying to apply the material.  Geeze, somethimes I just want to bang my head on the keyboard! Learning new software can be a real pain.  

So you've got them working now? I just got your PM and realized there were a bunch of new posts here. blush I've been gone for a bit, just jumped back into Daz etc a couple of days ago. I have a lot of catching up to do, it seems.

• Thank you my friend!

• SUPER nice freebie and will be very useful in my future artworks!
    THANK YOU Kaz42 and also Nobiax ! yes

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

While I do like the shaders, I think it would be best if you made them available on a site like ShareCG or Renderosity. Preferably both. And if the size of the file prohibits that, then you should just break the files up into different bundles so they can fit.

It's not enough to make a good product. You should also work to make it as accessible as possible.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93

While I do like the shaders, I think it would be best if you made them available on a site like ShareCG or Renderosity. Preferably both. And if the size of the file prohibits that, then you should just break the files up into different bundles so they can fit.

It's not enough to make a good product. You should also work to make it as accessible as possible.

Breaking a file this big up into enough pieces to upload on ShareCG or Rendo would be a serious undertaking. Downloading from OneDrive is quick and easy, and I appreciate Kaz's hard work in creating this set in his own free time, for the community.

And on that note: I don't think I've ever said so, but THANK YOU for this, Kaz! I've been using these shaders for a long time now and I absolutely love them. I had been using Nobiax's textures manually, because they're terrific, and this makes my life so much easier. Your presets are outstanding. 

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419
    LuckBe said:

Breaking a file this big up into enough pieces to upload on ShareCG or Rendo would be a serious undertaking. Downloading from OneDrive is quick and easy, and I appreciate Kaz's hard work in creating this set in his own free time, for the community.

And on that note: I don't think I've ever said so, but THANK YOU for this, Kaz! I've been using these shaders for a long time now and I absolutely love them. I had been using Nobiax's textures manually, because they're terrific, and this makes my life so much easier. Your presets are outstanding. 

Believe me, I was not trying to deride Kaz in any way, shape, or form. I was just offering what I thought was sound advice.

• Muito obribrado por compartilhar.

• Are these still available somewhere? The link in the top post goes to an error page.

• kaz42kaz42 Posts: 63

Sorry, it was still in my Onedrive but the link broke after a few years. lol... I set it back up again and updated the link in the original post. :)

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Thaks for updating the link!  I know I downloaded this some years back, but finding it....well..

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234

With all due respect to the nobiax ones, some were not that great.  I used the rusted metal one a lot, but there weren't that many good ones.

Instead of living in this past, it would be valuable if someone could compile textures from texturehaven and 3dtextures.me into distributable shader presets for DS.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,797
    lilweep said:

With all due respect to the nobiax ones, some were not that great.  I used the rusted metal one a lot, but there weren't that many good ones.

Instead of living in this past, it would be valuable if someone could compile textures from texturehaven and 3dtextures.me into distributable shader presets for DS.

go for it enlightened