[Released] IBL Master - Image Based Lighting control for both renderers & a new IBL for 3Delight

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    jardine said:

the master control for iray looks like a real gamechanger of a tool.  sometimes i spend more time rotating my HDRs to get the lighting right than i do placing and posing everything else.

ditto a Royal PITA

• Parris said:

Aw, sorry Cybersox.sad I did see your and ArkadySkies's question about ETA. Right now about all I can offer is a guess based on my past experience. It may be realistic to hope for December, then again it may be January. If Daz gives me a release date, that also will not be a guarantee. But things generally do not get pushed out much beyond the scheduled date and I will be sure to report here whenever I know more.

No worries - I wasn't sure you'd even be allowed to reveal the release date if they'd told you. That's why I made sure to ask if anyone knew the general, average timeline between acceptance and release, just in case.

• ParrisParris Posts: 392
    Parris said:

Aw, sorry Cybersox.sad I did see your and ArkadySkies's question about ETA. Right now about all I can offer is a guess based on my past experience. It may be realistic to hope for December, then again it may be January. If Daz gives me a release date, that also will not be a guarantee. But things generally do not get pushed out much beyond the scheduled date and I will be sure to report here whenever I know more.

No worries - I wasn't sure you'd even be allowed to reveal the release date if they'd told you. That's why I made sure to ask if anyone knew the general, average timeline between acceptance and release, just in case.

Yeah, you might be right about that. I'll need to verify with Daz whether it is OK for me to share the release date when I get one.

Here's a simple compositing example - just basic layer stacking of PNG renders which can be merged in any layered image editor.

IBL Master Compositing Example (combining Iray and 3Delight renders)

Dragon_Composite_Example.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 506K
  • Parris, That gives me some ideas!!! :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Parris said:
    Parris said:

Yeah, you might be right about that. I'll need to verify with Daz whether it is OK for me to share the release date when I get one.

No it isn't OK.   Daz have requested that PAs do not give specific release dates prior to release

edited December 2017
    Chohole said:
    Parris said:
    Parris said:

No it isn't OK.   Daz have requested that PAs do not give specific release dates prior to release

Right. Where and when that was specifically communicated I'm not sure. With other releases in the past, I've announced a date with the disclaimer that it is only tentative and that has been OK. But I think Daz's take on that has changed (or it was never OK and I just didn't get in trouble for it blush).

Post edited by Parris on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Sent you a PM

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190
    Parris said:

Exactly! Me too. I spent quite a bit of time doing the same while I was working on Macro Eyes about a year ago. That's where this all started.

this is off-topic, i know, but i can't pass up the chance to hope out loud that you'll release a genesis 8 version of Macro Eyes at some point.  when i'm working with genesis 8 characters, i really miss it. 

:)

j

edited December 2017
    jardine said:
    Parris said:

Exactly! Me too. I spent quite a bit of time doing the same while I was working on Macro Eyes about a year ago. That's where this all started.

this is off-topic, i know, but i can't pass up the chance to hope out loud that you'll release a genesis 8 version of Macro Eyes at some point.  when i'm working with genesis 8 characters, i really miss it. 

:)

j

Ok, duly noted. Thank you very much for the compliment! Before I get inundated with requests for new versions of my previous products though (to work with the latest figure and to have shaders specifically designed for Iray), let me just say generically that I will if I can afford to. I'm not bored with the idea of revisiting my old stuff, and very flattered that folks want new versions. The main concern is just whether the man hours will be worth the return. Some conversions are more difficult than others. But I will look into it. Thank you for your interest!

Post edited by Parris on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,756
    Parris said:

Here's a simple compositing example - just basic layer stacking of PNG renders which can be merged in any layered image editor.

IBL Master Compositing Example (combining Iray and 3Delight renders)

Nice.  That's exactly how I anticipated using this, as there are some awesome shaders for 3DL that still have no iray equivalent.  Happy times!  :)   

• This looks to be a really interesting product, a lot of hard work and very innovative.

I have a nice Mac, but of course no possibility of an Nvidia GPU, so rendering can be sloooooow.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    Patroklos said:

This looks to be a really interesting product, a lot of hard work and very innovative.

I have a nice Mac, but of course no possibility of an Nvidia GPU, so rendering can be sloooooow.

I am in the same boat.  Mac Pro 2013 with AMDs.  I keep waiting for eGPU support so that maybe I could add an Nvidia external one day.  

This looks like a really great product to help get best of both worlds.

• Geminii23 said:
    Patroklos said:

This looks to be a really interesting product, a lot of hard work and very innovative.

I am in the same boat.  Mac Pro 2013 with AMDs.  I keep waiting for eGPU support so that maybe I could add an Nvidia external one day.  

This looks like a really great product to help get best of both worlds.

I have heard that the latest version of OS supports eGPU - but not looked into it.

• rono64rono64 Posts: 55

WOW!

I can't wait for this.

Super excited, I do composites using Photoshop, it's a pain.  (yes mixing Iray and 3DL)

I'll buy this the instant it's available.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I too am really looking forward to this release.  The examples shared are amazing. 

RAMWolff said:

I too am really looking forward to this release.  The examples shared are amazing. 

Thank you! I have an overview video which I will release when the product goes live. The lead programmer at 3delight said this about it: "well explained and nice to watch".

Parris said:
    RAMWolff said:

Thank you! I have an overview video which I will release when the product goes live. The lead programmer at 3delight said this about it: "well explained and nice to watch".

Awesome!  Can't wait for this product!

edited December 2017

IBL Master is LIVE!!!

Also, the overview video is in the second post on page one of this thread.

Post edited by Parris on
  • Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750

And in my cart. Perfect  timing, have been holding off spending in the hope this would come before years end.

Now to decide what to remove so the books still balance.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

I've just bought (lie still, poor little bank account - December is over for you now!), and even as an Iray only user I can see the value in this after giving it a quick test run. I love it.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Congratulations, Chris.  I knew we'd see more uinquely innovative things from you. This really raises the bar.

I don't know that I have the time to go back and relearn 3DL to use this properly, but the iRay features do seem to make it a must buy.

Home run, man.

• Grabbed this right away as I have been looking forward to its release!  Thank you for innovating new options in 3DL as well, fantastic!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Finally!!! In my content library now, so excitedlaugh

• I hope this doesn't rattle too much... when I throw it in the cart...

Just grabbed it!  Thanks Parris.  Can't wait to try this out!

Sidenote... Did anyone else find the promotion for this item to be confusing in the store and emails?  It says "For a Limited Time Get Featured HDRI Set for Free." and shows IBL Master txt on that product image.   But that is a completely separate set of products for sale.  It was like "Hey, we are promoting your product... but... not really."  Weird.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    Geminii23 said:

Sidenote... Did anyone else find the promotion for this item to be confusing in the store and emails?  It says "For a Limited Time Get Featured HDRI Set for Free." and shows IBL Master txt on that product image.   But that is a completely separate set of products for sale.  It was like "Hey, we are promoting your product... but... not really."  Weird.

I did that is for sure. I thought maybe it was becasue it was 1 am my time when I seen it. LOL I am  totally not interested with the other stuff right now.

Liana said:
    Geminii23 said:

I did that is for sure. I thought maybe it was becasue it was 1 am my time when I seen it. LOL I am  totally not interested with the other stuff right now.

I don't think I have ever used any HDRI sets, so not even sure how they work.  But yeah, I only wanted this item for sure and IMHO it was a misleading promotional image to use in the email and on DAZ Store.  You click on Full Details and it just goes to the Holiday sales page.  With all the great images Parris created in this thread to showcase what IBL Master can do, I am surprised that DAZ aren't promoting it better.

FYI - Anyone on the fence about this - did you see the sale price with the combined Loyalty discount once you add to cart?  Grab it quick guys.  Just saying.

Geminii23 said:
    Liana said:
    Geminii23 said:

I don't think I have ever used any HDRI sets, so not even sure how they work.  But yeah, I only wanted this item for sure and IMHO it was a misleading promotional image to use in the email and on DAZ Store.  You click on Full Details and it just goes to the Holiday sales page.  With all the great images Parris created in this thread to showcase what IBL Master can do, I am surprised that DAZ aren't promoting it better.

FYI - Anyone on the fence about this - did you see the sale price with the combined Loyalty discount once you add to cart?  Grab it quick guys.  Just saying.

Well, IBL Master is all about HDRI, so it should help sell them to a larger audience, and that does look like a gorgeous beach set. In theory, any HDRI product that was designed for Iray comes with presets that load the HDRI onto the Iray Environment dome. So whether you load IBL Master before or after you load an HDRI, IBL Master will pick up the HDRI. And even if an HDRI set comes with it's own dome, you can still load the HDRI manually. Do you guys want a tutorial?

Thank you all for your compliments!!! I'm still nervous about how well this will do. Please pass the word if you can. smiley

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035
    edited December 2017

I think it looks great and have it in my cart. :) I do have a few iray hdri products, but mostly grass, woods kind of thing. I like beaches just not motivated enough to have the beach resort one as a freebie when I buy the other. lol I think this might help put a few more IRay HDRIs in my wishlist for now. My biggest issue has always been lighting, so I have high hopes. :)

Post edited by Liana on