RareStone is KILLING ME

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Oh my GOSH though!!! Didn't know RareStone until Pei and I was hooked instantly... Now all these amazing new releases???? Holy moly... I am seriously biting myself to keep from buying because it's Christmas, and bills, and I just become a stay home mom again so.... but. Dang. Just WOW.  Did you see the latest couple Dforce outfits??? If you didn't use Dforce already, you DEFINITELY will want to NOW!  I particularly love that the Kitty and Bunny outfits are not JUST bunny or kitty outfits, they are also multi functional with tons of options and headphones and tails and hoodie and backpack and stickers/decals!! 

Just had to kind of fan girl a bit cuz just... wow. :) Both are in my cart/wishlist, but if YOU already have them, please please show me pics :) I want to see how you guys use them (and also, bonus points for using Sakura) 
Er, and link to the items I mentioned in RareStone's store: https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone

PS I hope this is still on sale in a few days in Jan, I get my last paycheck then (sob sob)... and also, anyone have the sweater shaders from Rarestone? I'm betting they'd also look cute on the hoodie!!!!! wondering how the hood looks under neath though?

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Yeh I know.

I can see the bunny developing fangs and bloodshot eyes though.

• damn I ended up buying this

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 2017

oh am sad about one thing though

the iray materials use fancy functions for the additional decals etc that are indeed iray only and not easy to adapt for other softwares, not impossible but certainly will take a bit of work

I can use overlay in iClone chasing up all the decal textures which iClone can also move and in Character Creator I can use substance so not impossible just tedious it may be easier to render them out on planes.

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 236K
    Capture.JPG
    283 x 321 - 38K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942

@DisparateDreamer - go check your messages smiley

• OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128

RareStone was also a "suprise" to me. Didnt have she/he on my radar before. Those are really fantastic assets RareStone has created. I hope so much that there is more to come :-D 

• aside from, the texture chasing up work it works nicely in iClone too

• Yep, slow, painful death.

• I KNOW!!!!!!.  Got the first set yesterday now this bunny set, omg I haven't even gotten Sakura 8 yet but dang, I have to get her now.

• actually it is quite fun mixing and using different filters with the layers in Gimp so I can in fact even personalise it more than just the iray preloads

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

yeah rarestone is amazing me. i just need that other gal shown in the promo images for the kitty outfit and i'll be set...

• Oh that you can use the layered image editor to add the decals! it'll be a bit of work to set them up (adding them to each channel) but if you want I can tell you how. Basically though, click on the image in the diffuse channel, and scroll up to where it says layered image editor, and click it- it'll give you options to add overlays. :) 

th3Digit said:

the iray materials use fancy functions for the additional decals etc that are indeed iray only and not easy to adapt for other softwares, not impossible but certainly will take a bit of work

I can use overlay in iClone chasing up all the decal textures which iClone can also move and in Character Creator I can use substance so not impossible just tedious it may be easier to render them out on planes.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 2017
    SimonJM said:

Er I feel like an old idiot but I can't seem to remember how... messages just show daz adverts? 

(also apparently, I need to update my payment info... lmaoooooo... don't I know it!) 

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • Oh that you can use the layered image editor to add the decals! it'll be a bit of work to set them up (adding them to each channel) but if you want I can tell you how. Basically though, click on the image in the diffuse channel, and scroll up to where it says layered image editor, and click it- it'll give you options to add overlays. :) 

th3Digit said:

yes I know but it is probably more work than layering them in Gimp cheeky

the LIE is great as the baked maps can be exported but only if the PA has done the work for you with a 3Delight shader using it

sadly thats gone the way of the dinosaurs broken heart

I don't mind now I found how easy it is in Gimp I may even make my own variations with layered png images from renders of kittens and stuff

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited December 2017

Ahhhh how did i double post, sorry T_T I'm actually not on forums much and it is showing, today...

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • th3Digit said:

Oh that you can use the layered image editor to add the decals! it'll be a bit of work to set them up (adding them to each channel) but if you want I can tell you how. Basically though, click on the image in the diffuse channel, and scroll up to where it says layered image editor, and click it- it'll give you options to add overlays. :) 

th3Digit said:

the LIE is great as the baked maps can be exported but only if the PA has done the work for you with a 3Delight shader using it

I don't mind now I found how easy it is in Gimp I may even make my own variations with layered png images from renders of kittens and stuff

haha okay :) I use Gimp for most of my art stuff too... I HAVE photoshop but don't know how to use it, I just feel more comfortable with Gimp after all these years :P  I've never used Iclone before. I think I'm a one-software kind of person... I haven't learned any other programs so well. Daz or Daz or Daz... heh. I used to get Carrara and Hex and even other ones like Vue and Poser (at least i learned hair room and shader setup and saving figures) but it was too different for me.  I'm still learning Iray and wish i could get the same awesome quality of renders shown in those amazing Sakura promos.... AND YES WHEN WILL THE REST OF THE OUTFITS COME OUT! Hopefully after payday, friends :P Dare we say .... soon??

And SimonJM (how did you do that name tag thing?) i finally found inbox (note: the wheelie thing, not the person icon... 2 messages, not the same thing) and wrote back. :)

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

I have to second this. I got the Kitty sweater yesterday and was amazed to see how many seemingly endless material options it has. Must have been a real PITA to create all the presets and render all those thumbnails. Same for the pose set. Great work all around. :)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 2017
    th3Digit said:

Oh that you can use the layered image editor to add the decals! it'll be a bit of work to set them up (adding them to each channel) but if you want I can tell you how. Basically though, click on the image in the diffuse channel, and scroll up to where it says layered image editor, and click it- it'll give you options to add overlays. :) 

th3Digit said:

And SimonJM (how did you do that name tag thing?) i finally found inbox (note: the wheelie thing, not the person icon... 2 messages, not the same thing) and wrote back. :)

I saw - what you do is put an @ sign in front of the account mame, and it flags the named person they have been 'mentioned'.  I did it as you get no other real indication you have been sent a message! 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Half a work day subbing then home again, presumably to stare at this thread and hope for renders :P 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    SimonJM said:
    th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

I saw - what you do is put an @ sign in front of the account mame, and it flags the named person they have been 'mentioned'.  I did it as you get no other real indication you have been sent a message! 

You need to bookmark a thread in order to get notifications that new posts have been made to the thread.  You need to make sure that your preferences in your profile have been set up to receive emails in order to be notified of new posts and/or new PMs.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Yay, Rarestone!

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    Chohole said:
    SimonJM said:
    th3Digit said:

th3Digit said:

You need to bookmark a thread in order to get notifications that new posts have been made to the thread.  You need to make sure that your preferences in your profile have been set up to receive emails in order to be notified of new posts and/or new PMs.

Normaly on most forums if someone replies to your comment you get a notification.  its a basic feature.  No need to follow a thread to know someone replied to you comment. Its a much better setup.

And  I',m still waiting on Minato Chan  ^_^

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

Yep new favorite, i love all things anime, asian, kawaii so everything has been a must buy from me with all these new releases. Was just whingin about this the other day how they are now a new fave curse them XD

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    Mattymanx said:

I'm really glad I actually pulled that one up and looked at it when it released, it's got a phenomenal amount of textures and extras with it.  Initially I was going to not bother because I've got the Virgin Killer Sweater from the other store, and have been quite happy with it.  But this one has got oodles of textures, and a LOT of cool extras along with it.  Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like an awesome set

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391

I have to add my admiration into the pot, too.  I never was aware of Rarestone until we got the PA version of Sakura, and I loved her immediately.  And now, seeing Rarestone’s new content?  Impressive work, nearly impossible to pass up buying.  He/She really has a grasp on the style, I think.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,524
    edited December 2017

I also agree - the most excellent offers and real talent in creating them.

I guess, that's the name - RareStone - it says all.

Post edited by Artini on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

Without even realizing I'd done it until the Sakura releases, I've wound up purchasing almost everythign RareStone has put out, and they have all been fantastic.  RareStone has very quickly become one of my favorite PAs, right up there with the big guns like StoneMason, Polish, and Zev0

• dragotx said:

Without even realizing I'd done it until the Sakura releases, I've wound up purchasing almost everythign RareStone has put out, and they have all been fantastic.  RareStone has very quickly become one of my favorite PAs, right up there with the big guns like StoneMason, Polish, and Zev0

+Raiya, and I complete completely agree.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    SimonJM said:

Er I feel like an old idiot but I can't seem to remember how... messages just show daz adverts? 

(also apparently, I need to update my payment info... lmaoooooo... don't I know it!) 

I think he means your forum messages. To check that go to the blue strip at the top of the page and click on the little icon that looks like gears. A pop-up will show up and then scroll down to where it says "Inbox".

•  

And  I',m still waiting on Minato Chan  ^_^

Me too