Lashes Utilities for Genesis 2, 3 and 8 [Commercial]

HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
edited December 2017 in The Commons

Hi!

New product has just been released :D

Lashes Utilities for Genesis 2, 3 and 8

Real volumetric Fibermesh eyelashes for Genesis 2 Female(s), Genesis 2 Male(s), Genesis 3 Female(s), Genesis 3 Male(s), Genesis 8 Female(s) and Genesis 8 Male(s).

Fibermesh eyelashes have many advantages over the regular transmaped version. Transrnaped eyelashes are limited to a single plane of polygons and an opacity map, while individual fibers allow greater control, customization and a more realistic look.

Advantages of Lashes Utilities:

• Realistic 3D volume of individual fibers
  • Multiple layers and angles
  • Sharp detail in all close-up and resolution scenarios
  • Specific control of coverage, clumps, or length variations
  • Control the density of fibers
  • Multiple styles for all kind of characters with the same lashes
  • Manipulate all, up, down, left or right zones individually
  • Randomizer script for creating all kind of shapes

Hope you enjoy it!! laugh

Post edited by Hellboy on

Comments

• Went on my wish list! Will be buying in the future!

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437

Thank you!! :D

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481

Great job! yes These will give viewport preview better than transmap lashes too. 
    I'm always wondering how transmap lashes will end up looking in render, sometimes they're completely gone lol 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276

This looks wonderful! Awesome job! :D It's not a Merchant Resource by chance is it? I didn't see any information indicating that it was, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited December 2017

Thank you for including Genesis 2 (male&female)! That was a sale-point. heart

The product looks beautiful, I can't wait to use it in closeup renders for my G2 based characters. It's in my cart now, going to check out later today.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • InkuboInkubo Posts: 734
    edited December 2017

Yes, supporting G2 makes me happy!

Update: Bought it!

Post edited by Inkubo on
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,259

These lashes look fantastic!

• MoussoMousso Posts: 237

Fantastic looking lashes! Went right into my cart. 

• This is fantastic, even if I would like to support genesis, also I still use genesis a lot

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I saw support for Mike 6 and they just jumped in my cart ;)

Laurie

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873

Bought the lashes today, its an ingenious creation.  Love that it supports G2-G8

• Excellent excellent excellent. Thank you for supporting the male figures.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268
    edited December 2017
    Mousso said:

Fantastic looking lashes! Went right into my cart. 

Same here. :)

Really like that it's Genesis 3 and 8. Still not using 8 yet, but nice that it supports it in case I start using V8 and the stuff I bought.

Post edited by Gator on
  • Love the multiple figure support.  Bought it so fast

Thank you all for the comments! :D

I will give support for all generations as much as I can. Sadly in this case I had to leave Genesis behind because there was no way I could succesfuly adapt it. :(

I still use all generations, so I like to have options for everyone :) 

This looks wonderful! Awesome job! :D It's not a Merchant Resource by chance is it? I didn't see any information indicating that it was, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

Thank you! I thought about making it amerchant resource, but since that would involve sharing of geometry and rigging... I wasn’t sure how merchant respurces are handled in those cases. :/

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554
    edited December 2017

@Hellboy, As a merchant resource, would you consider allowing it if people followed the parameters like RedzSturio did for their Super Natural Brows?

"You may export your morphed brows as an obj and use the transfer utility to create wearable brows for your characters. The terms of use as a merchant resource are as follows - Mention the use of the product in your read-me file. One set of brows per character. You may not include any of the morph dials, and you must create your own materials. (You may use the shader settings as a basis, but not the included image maps.)"

Not trying to force you into a corner. It's an excellent product as it is right now. smiley

Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
    Hellboy said:

Thank you all for the comments! :D

I will give support for all generations as much as I can. Sadly in this case I had to leave Genesis behind because there was no way I could succesfuly adapt it. :(

I still use all generations, so I like to have options for everyone :)

Thank you again for a fine product.

Did you by chance see the PM I sent you?

Thank you

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

I'll have to check it out as it looks great.  I did buy it, been in the middle of a project so I haven't played with it yet.

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,859

Yup this would be cool as a merchant resource of sorts. Haven't bought it yet but looks nice. Was thinking of including mesh eyelashes but couldn't get it to look right in my first attempts.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Does the Genesis 2 version follow facial expressions? I've had difficulty with facial hairs on Genesis 2 in the past, because the Genesis 2 expressions don't have autofollow enabled by default.

edited December 2017
    Redz said:

Does the Genesis 2 version follow facial expressions? I've had difficulty with facial hairs on Genesis 2 in the past, because the Genesis 2 expressions don't have autofollow enabled by default.

It does but you have to manually enable auto follow on G2F/M.  Easiest way is to go into edit mode and highlight all expressions and enable auto follow on all of them in one go.

Personally, I cannot see Hellboy making this a merchant resource.  If he did, i would expect the price to be 5 times higher or more.  Afterall, why would ANYONE buy his stand alone lash set if you could get it 100 times over in a character set for no extra cost?

Hellboy, you can now ignor my previous PM.  I figured it out.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 2017
    Mattymanx said:
    Redz said:

It does but you have to manually enable auto follow on G2F/M.  Easiest way is to go into edit mode and highlight all expressions and enable auto follow on all of them in one go.

Personally, I cannot see Hellboy making this a merchant resource.  If he did, i would expect the price to be 5 times higher or more.  Afterall, why would ANYONE buy his stand alone lash set if you could get it 100 times over in a character set for no extra cost?

I don't know, @Redz brows are a MR - but you'd have to ask him if he sells less or more of the product because of it (compared to his other non-MR products). I would think that he'd sell more. I think people would still buy the lash set - because you can't count on lashes being included with a character that you're going to want to buy. Plus, if he words it the way Redz worded his brow product MR, customers wouldn't be able to use the morphs and textures unless they bought the full Lashes Utilities set. That alone is worth buying it. But Hellboy would probably sell more if they made it an MR as well. 

Personally, I don't buy much these days unless it's also an MR. Not to say the product isn't worth buying, but MRs are far more likely to make it into my cart -I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    Mattymanx said:
    Redz said:

I don't know, @Redz brows are a MR - but you'd have to ask him if he sells less or more of the product because of it (compared to his other non-MR products). I would think that he'd sell more. I think people would still buy the lash set - because you can't count on lashes being included with a character that you're going to want to buy. Plus, if he words it the way Redz worded his brow product MR, customers wouldn't be able to use the morphs and textures unless they bought the full Lashes Utilities set. That alone is worth buying it. But Hellboy would probably sell more if they made it an MR as well. 

Personally, I don't buy much these days unless it's also an MR. Not to say the product isn't worth buying, but MRs are far more likely to make it into my cart -I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Same, i keep flip-flopping on tossing them in my cart while on sale cause those promos kill me but i cant justify it, id feel terrible doing promos using them with notes 'lashes not included' on every promo lmao. And I never do renders that arent for work stuffs. (That said i still might grab it cause hot damn they look so good!) lol

• These lashes are the bomb!

We'll have to agree to disagree then on the whole MR bit.

There are certainly valid reasons to not make this an MR. I'm simply egoistically stating that I would like this to be an MR because like Silver I cannot justify using this in character promos when it's not part of the package. I feel this would be borderline false advertising.

There could be limitations in an MR license, say just one shape per character for example, requirement for it to be reimported, use different textures etc. Definitely not gonna be upset if it doesn't happen though, totally understand.

So use them in a promo, such as your main.  Its not like the hair and clothes are included either.  But just use it for your fancy renders and not the rest.  Just add it to the products used list.

I´m sorry for not being more present in the thread, things went nuts at home just during the release, but everything´s in order now :)

Mattymanx, I saw your PM, glad you figured it out. One of the issues between genereations I guess :P

As a vendor, all things MR are extra shiny for me too! So I understand the need for buying products as investment. I would like this to be MR. Actually that was my initial idea for my products under the "Utilities" name, But  I wasn´t sure how to deal with the fact that these are geometry and the adittional steps to rig them, which could be confusing for the vendor. It´s not a regular rigging to avoid distortions, because fiber lashes are very delicate in such a complicated area and they esily distort in a normal rigging. I guess I could leave instructions for that despite the vendor will surely understand just by looking at how they are made.

I will take a look at similar MR products like the one Phoenix1966 referenced and consult with DAZ, I would be happy to update the product description and let you know if I get a good way to do it! :D

Thank you very much for the comments and interest, I appreciate it a lot! heart

Oh? Didn't expect it to be complicated to rig. I just thought transfer and good to go. Shows what I know laugh

edited December 2017
    Mattymanx said:

So use them in a promo, such as your main.  Its not like the hair and clothes are included either.  But just use it for your fancy renders and not the rest.  Just add it to the products used list.

I'm with Silver and bluejaunte on this, I would feel like it's false advertising to use it in a promo for a character and it's not included with the character - even if I put a disclaimer at the bottom of the promo. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on