Set the Stage with the Spectacular World of Genesis - Render Thread!

Comments

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

dumorian said:
    Figured I'd have some fun with Pegasus Bus. "Roller Derby" Reality 2.5 render.

That is neat! I love that.

Thanks Storypilot! If I recall, there was no postwork on that image. If there was, it was no more than a tiny cleanup or something.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Another entry for my Ladies of DAZ series. Basically experimenting with lighting in this one so the composition is not as dramatic as my usual stuff.

This one is called Alysa's Photo Shoot

Alysa-PhotoShoot-1600.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 145K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

The girl is Genesis using the Xiao Wen V5 skin, Actual Eyes 3, Face#9 (I think) from Tweens for Justin and Julie, and about 50% BasicChild. Rendered in DS4.5Pro, postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

Grandma's Swim Cap

PCI20130409-GrandmasSwimCap-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 4M
  • edited December 1969

Awesome ! work and an excellent images. I enjoy it.

• dylazunadylazuna Posts: 19
    edited April 2013

I love the versatility of Genesis and the easy way to mix and match clothes/props old and new.
    My own take on the Village People. All Genesis and my own characters.
    Rendered in LUX using the Reality 2 plugin for Daz

village_people_by_dylazuna-d5mc438.jpg
    1024 x 791 - 112K
    Post edited by dylazuna on
  • natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I had two reasons for wanting to try out Genesis: The M5 heroic shape (YUM! ;) and the Unshaven hair packs. Btw, after having tried the Unshaven products I've noticed that they could just as well have been made for M4 - not all the fancy transfer morphs stuff, but anyway, they could!

Anyway, that and the DSON exporter made me buy M5, and I admit it: Genesis is great. No more pesky morph injections that only work half the time, I can appreciate that. And it's a nice figure with some really good morphs.

So here's my best (so far) Genesis render. M5 with zev0's age morphs, Unshaven beard and body hair, Smay's Bad Guy for M4 texture enhanced with M4 displacement maps and Poser SSS. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012, no postwork.

010.jpg
    984 x 1200 - 373K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I had two reasons for wanting to try out Genesis: The M5 heroic shape (YUM! ;) and the Unshaven hair packs. Btw, after having tried the Unshaven products I've noticed that they could just as well have been made for M4 - not all the fancy transfer morphs stuff, but anyway, they could!

Anyway, that and the DSON exporter made me buy M5, and I admit it: Genesis is great. No more pesky morph injections that only work half the time, I can appreciate that. And it's a nice figure with some really good morphs.

So here's my best (so far) Genesis render. M5 with zev0's age morphs, Unshaven beard and body hair, Smay's Bad Guy for M4 texture enhanced with M4 displacement maps and Poser SSS. Rendered in Poser Pro 2012, no postwork.

That is a great character!

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Wow natrix at first I thought that was a real person until I read what you wrote! That is one awesome render :-).

edited December 1969

fixmypcmike and islandgurl31, thank you :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Even at fullsize view it is ... WOW!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Wow natrix that is a brilliant render!

edited December 1969

Thanks again. Glad you like it :)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

My latest entry in my Ladies of DAZ series. This one is called Naoki and Valerie on the Runway.

Naoki-and-Valerie-Runway-1600.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 439K
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437
    edited December 1969

/snip for clarity

Natrix, could you give a brief on your lights? Looks to me light a distant light and then IDL, but I could be wrong.

Excellent render! Truly, shows Genesis and Poser in their best light (no pun intended).

edited April 2013

/snip for clarity

Natrix, could you give a brief on your lights? Looks to me light a distant light and then IDL, but I could be wrong.

Excellent render! Truly, shows Genesis and Poser in their best light (no pun intended).

I use mostly point lights. There are 2 of them in this scene, and one IBL at 40%.
    9 out of 10 times, my lighting is based on one of the presets from this excellent product: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/prostudio/70713/

Post edited by natrix natrix on
    edited April 2013

I just keep coming back to natrix's image. The depth and clarity of the skin is just so stunning.

I wish I didn't have such a hard time with Poser's interface, because the renderer has really come into its own.

What's the material setup like? Did you use EZSkin or wire them yourself?

Post edited by evilded777 on
    edited December 1969

I just keep coming back to natrix's image. The depth and clarity of the skin is just so stunning.

I wish I didn't have such a hard time with Poser's interface, because the renderer has really come into its own.

What's the material setup like? Did you use EZSkin or wire them yourself?

A combination. I first set up the displacement maps, then ran EZskin for the rest of the nodes.

Glad you like it, and you should really try Poser, it grows on you :)

edited December 1969

Not to bash, but I just don't get along with Poser. I've actually been using it since Poser 3 (!). I've had each incarnation, but the UI just drives me batty. Bryce is the same way... because what to other people and Kai Krause is intuitive and easy, to me is backwards and obscure.

After Studio came along and it just clicked with me, I've kept up with my Poser versions, but rarely open it except to play with this or that until I either crash it or it frustrates me.

Now if I could just squeeze out a render that was close yours, I'd be happy. I am approaching it! Really. Learning how to feed the pre-built shaders what they actually expect is the first hurdle, and almost cleared I think.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

finally got playing with Genesis today....

Orc-Boss-007.jpg
    1990 x 1150 - 250K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2013

At first I thought that nothing would replace my M4/V4 figure. But last six months or so I barely use them due to Genesis.
    (click for bigger)
    I used DS 3Dlight with Uberenvironment and HSS for skin; skin is Briallen, eyes are Amalia by Surreality, dress is Elven Dress from PC catalog with Elven Folk textures from the same place, sleeves are from Timeless Fantasy, hair and bolero are mine, earrings and laces from freebie Lace Shaders by Wilmap; morphs are too many to list

BoldAndSmiling_Forums.jpg
    700 x 926 - 284K
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited April 2013

Jeez!!!!..Fantastic Render!!! Really well done....I feel privileged that one of my products was used in there.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

years 2022 and 2044

964bb.jpg
    1850 x 1065 - 472K
    962bb.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 550K
  • RGuineyRGuiney Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I missed this thread earlier.. not sure how...

I have the G3 and G4 Iconic shapes morphs, plus M5 and Mr Hyde. This uses a combination of all of them.

Genesis_Muscle_02.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 681K
    edited December 1969

This is one I am still working on. I call it "Contemplating; Remorse or Revenge?"

Remorse_Or_Revenge.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 463K
    edited April 2013

one more. I did this one with the MS Lycan, Mr. Hyde, and Lycanthropis figures.

Hyde.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by RGuiney on
    edited December 1969

Couple more Reality/LUX renders using Genesis / M5

CernunnosDMr.jpg
    1800 x 1354 - 673K
    NomadDMr.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 654K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

I'm curious, what settings did you use to get the woman's physical build?

edited December 1969

Her body is 100% basic female + 45% all muscle volumes + 12% pear figure

Then there are adjustments to the sizing of individual body parts and some of the muscle groups

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Last render of mine on this thread, so many talented artists that simply I can't compete with them!

SnowSearch.jpg
    1850 x 1065 - 2M
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,299
    edited December 1969

Just picked up Sadie and Sam for Genesis and mixed Sam up with some other stuff

pixieboy.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 203K