Set the Stage with the Spectacular World of Genesis - Render Thread!

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Momo/Lorella being bothered by a curlew.

Really nice render. I love these cartoonish style and I would like to know, how you get the "painted" effect in your picture? Photoshop/Gimp? Which filter?

Thank you. I used a background here (by Sveva). When using backgrounds I choose mainly for composition and overall color but chose this one especially for the dark area under the figure so I didn't have to worry about shadow catching or finding a log or mushroom for her to sit on. :lol:

For postwork I didn't use filters, but levels, color balance and variations in Photoshop to be sure she, her clothes, hair and the curlew blended well with the background. I don't think Sveva used filters on the background either, at least a painterly one. Perhaps something for the water, but it looks like layering with some blurring and stuff. The messy nature of the plants she used and the messy hair I used add to the look I guess. Also some exaggeration with the coloring gives it a 'cartoony' nature.

HTH.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited June 2013

...that is very nice composition.

I rarely use 2D backgrounds as for one, it is difficult to match the lighting and shadows sometimes, and when loaded as a backdrop, they are fixed to the the camera you are looking though so when changing cameras to check morphs & such they always appear "dead centre" in the viewport. I've tried parenting them to a plane but could never seem to get around issues with the end result looking blurry or distorted.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GrovelightGrovelight Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Started playing around with forest related creatures to create this Forest Trinity,

Forest_Trinity_web.jpg
    645 x 800 - 281K
  • edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Momo/Lorella being bothered by a curlew.

Really nice render - composition, lighting, expression - all top notch.
    To me it has the look of a classic Saturday Evening Post cover, if they ever did a story about fayefolk. :)
  • VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Powerpuff girls, or how to get Dad to watch TV with the children.

These are all Genesis, rendered in Carrara.
    For this I did use Studio to set up the figures and posing, and then exported them out as .obj's.
    Then imported the .obj into Carrara, and adjusted the shaders.
    The reasons for doing it this way is :
    Memory : Carrara doesn't have to load all the morphs
    and... Carrara isn't quite ready yet for Genesis.

Doc2smal.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 343K
  • K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited June 2013

Interestingly different version of the Powerpuff Gals. You don't suppose they'd look even sexier in skirtless swimsuits? :P

Varsel said:
    Carrara isn't quite ready yet for Genesis.

Will have to keep this in mind if I decide to get Carrara.

Some wrestling images I did (all are Genesis):

Human_vs_Orc_Wrestling_Match_1280x960.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 466K
    ReadyForBattleIII_960sq.jpg
    960 x 960 - 531K
    Post edited by K T Ong on
    edited December 1969

@Grovelight: Were you thinking of the artist Ian Miller when you did that render? :)

• GrovelightGrovelight Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

@ K T Ong I am not familiar with Ian Miller's work but you had me intrigued so I have just checked him out and he has a very impressive style :) Love the wrestling images you have wonderful lighting and great muscle definition on those.

edited December 1969

Thank you!

If you're unfamiliar with Ian Miller then I suppose you might have unconsciously established a telepathic link with him. Your work is just so reminiscent of his!

• V.W. SingerV.W. Singer Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Experimenting with UberArea light panels.

Genesis V5 + V5 Supermodel
    Classic Deco background prop
    Bubblegum hair

UberEnvironment - Quality High (4) - 5.4% intensity. Three light panels on model and one light globe for background lighting. No distant or spot lights.

(First time post. Does the image show up if it is uploaded as an attachment? If not this is going to be blank.)

V5_ver4_lighting_test_HR_002.jpg
    506 x 800 - 79K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Still needs some work...here is my first dial spun character for Gen2F

genesis2f_first_full_render.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 609K
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Started playing around with forest related creatures to create this Forest Trinity,

Wow. AWESOME.

edited December 1969

Title: Just An Ordinary Day
    My entry to the deviantArt "Insidious 2" contest. I won't win and will likely be disqualified because my image was created in Daz Studio using stock models. An admin at dA said, "In addition, where one draws the line between original work and the use of 3D objects is fuzzy at best."

Taking a photo of a building that someone else designed: Original Artwork. Drawing a stick person on a piece of looseleaf: Original Artwork. My image? Not Original Artwork. I HATE the discriminatory attitudes toward the amazing art we create. How can anyone in their right mind look at my image and tell me it isn't original art? Nobody else could have made it. It came from MY brain, same as any artist.

Original, full-resolution found here: http://karibous-boutique.deviantart.com/art/Just-An-Ordinary-Day-380782516

Anyway... Can you count the number of Genesises (Genesi?) in this image? :-)

OrdinaryDay2.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 418K
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

OK, now that's just plain CREEPY!!!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

LOVE IT! Probably someone in politics that's had his soul sucked out of his body and replaced with a demon! lmao

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    LOVE IT! Probably someone in politics that's had his soul sucked out of his body and replaced with a demon! lmao

No way... the demon is WAY too small to belong to a politician... :-)
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

No way... the demon is WAY too small to belong to a politician... :-)

HAHAHA *grin*

edited December 1969

A quick render to try Sickle Yield's Petal fae dress

petal_fair.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 222K
    edited December 1969

Another one without the mavka shape and playing with the sss shader from AoA. It's my first time using it for skin so I'm still trying to work out the best settings.

petal_fae_4.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 373K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

...very cute.
  • EndiEndi Posts: 35
    edited June 2013

Birthday - Dogum günü :-)

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Answer:

I have read. I'm sorry, I wanted to highlight no nudity. There should be only one 3D image. Thanks for the information.
    regards.

( Ich habe gelesen. Es tut mir Leid, ich wollte keine Nacktheit hervorheben. Es sollte nur ein 3D Bild werden. Danke für die Information.
    Viele Grüße )

Translation by google

Post edited by Endi on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Pendraia said:

...very cute.Thanks! It's a lovely dress...still have to try the other colours.
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

I call thee.. "What Once Was"

G2F, Gimp-ed a little :D

Once_that_Was_III.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 776K
  • Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

I would like to apologise for been a bit hot headed about the Freebies for V6 Pro bundle.

So to show my appreciation for V6 release I would like to share a WIP I am working on called "Stop!"

Stop!.jpg
    2000 x 892 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I think the car in this render tends to dominate it so much it takes much of our attention away from the human figures...

@Pendraia: Not sure why, but I kinda prefer the first of the petal fae renders.

A couple more wrestling renders I did:

orc97.png
    1280 x 960 - 2M
    orc99.png
    1280 x 960 - 2M
    edited December 1969

K T Ong said:
    I think the car in this render tends to dominate it so much it takes much of our attention away from the human figures...

@Pendraia: Not sure why, but I kinda prefer the first of the petal fae renders.

A couple more wrestling renders I did:

Maybe it's the teeth...that's cool we all have our own preferences for images.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

A modified V6 gives us a splash of retro goodness...
    version with postwork... http://fav.me/d6c3cwc

V6_Goes_Retro.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 674K
    edited December 1969

HEre's a couple of test renders I did of a couple of my characters using the Cyberpunk M4 cyberarms. No added lights or backgrounds were used as these were only tests to see how the arms look.

Kageto-Test-(small).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 280K
    Buccaneer-test-(small).jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 320K
    edited December 1969

Here's a new picture of my Shinobi, Kageto with his new cyberarms from the Cyberpunk for M4 set, fit to him using the Transfer Utility. I applied the gloss black shader from the free Supershine Shader Pack from ShareCG.com to them and then reapplied the displacement maps to the arms. Background and lighting is the limited time freebie Sci-Fi City set from Dreamlight. The only thing that would have made this piece better is if the Sci-Fi City set had a night sky setting.

Down-the-Corridor-(small).jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 466K
  • Alpha01Alpha01 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

I was messing around yesterday trying to make this Southern Comfort ad, I ended up spending a lot more time on it then I thought it was going to take.

Hope you all like it, it took 14 hours to render lol

Whatevers_Comfortable.jpg
    1120 x 892 - 704K