For users of DAZ History Manager

167891012»

Comments

• Taoz said:

Great to know I can stop and restart it :)  I might just let it run overnight now. Have stopped it and had a look... as far as I can tell it is all working. All I can say is WOW! This is one of the handiest things I have come across. Can't begin to thank you enough for spending the time in putting this together... I feel like Christmas just came early!

Clearer instructions as you have mentioned for people like me would be great.

Just one other question... when I downloaded it said something about an expiry date (can't find where it said that now)... from memory 20th December. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks, glad you find it useful. :)  Well as the download page says it is a commercial app, but alpha and beta version are free to use, they just expire after a while but will either be replaced by new versions or have their expiration date extended. Usually they expire after 1-3 months but currently they have a shorter lifetime (too complex to explain here why) but that should end soon. In any case, when it expires, just go and get the latest version and overwrite the existing files with the new ones, then you're up running again.

Thanks for the explanation Taoz... no need for the complex one... I think it would be way over my head anyway!

Keep up the great work and have a great Christmas/holiday, whatever it may be you celebrate :)

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    Taoz said:

Great to know I can stop and restart it :)  I might just let it run overnight now. Have stopped it and had a look... as far as I can tell it is all working. All I can say is WOW! This is one of the handiest things I have come across. Can't begin to thank you enough for spending the time in putting this together... I feel like Christmas just came early!

Clearer instructions as you have mentioned for people like me would be great.

Just one other question... when I downloaded it said something about an expiry date (can't find where it said that now)... from memory 20th December. What does that mean exactly?

Thanks, glad you find it useful. :)  Well as the download page says it is a commercial app, but alpha and beta version are free to use, they just expire after a while but will either be replaced by new versions or have their expiration date extended. Usually they expire after 1-3 months but currently they have a shorter lifetime (too complex to explain here why) but that should end soon. In any case, when it expires, just go and get the latest version and overwrite the existing files with the new ones, then you're up running again.

Thanks for the explanation Taoz... no need for the complex one... I think it would be way over my head anyway!

Keep up the great work and have a great Christmas/holiday, whatever it may be you celebrate :)

Thanks, you too! :)

• Taoz, any news from Rendo about allowing the Product Manager for Renderosity to work on their site?

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714

Taoz, any news from Rendo about allowing the Product Manager for Renderosity to work on their site?

Not sure this is the right place to discuss this, so I'll send you a PM instead.

• Oh, I'm sorry.  :(