Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• OMG I totally would use a smart phone app, @Ati you should make this and set it up so it uses your affiliate link on all products so you get paid for all your awesome work. :)   

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    edited December 2017

Still trAnyone here using Daz Deals on an android phone?

I'm not able to on my smartphone, but I can try on my Android tablet later to see if it works there or not. Everything else seems to work, though.

Thanks.  I found firefox for android beta and am checking it out. After that I give up until the broswers catch up.

OMG IT WORKS ON A SMARTPHONE!!!!! 

Edit: I was able to sign in with original code. So if you sign up save the code in case you have to unistall and reinstall. Some functions were are missing like shop %off and total spent etc. but it did populate the discounts  which appeared and disappeared in the cart (frequently) they appear and disappear. After signing in and out multiple times the %off is now working, and the red discounts below prices in cart but still no Total Spent to date which is fine because on PC I keep a spreadsheet on all items from who for gaming license purposes which has formulas for totals but the Total Option and History Option (in this add-on) are great because on a cell phone you'd never be able to scroll to the bottom or read a decent sized spreadsheet.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092
    Ati said:
    ArtAngel said:

Also what does checking Total Spent & Total Value Owned actually do. It seems to just open my orders link to the invoices no differently than before, so I must be missing the point because I'm sure there must be one.

Look for the extra info here:

And make sure your husband doesn't see it. ;) This option is turned off by default. To turn it on, you have to check the checkbox for it on the options page.

You know, now that I think about it, that part has never worked for me.  And I've had the checkbox checked for a long while.

I am admittedly a little scared to see what the total would be...

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.   cheeky 

Dana

• Ati said:
    spannah said:

First, thanks for the great add-on!

Not sure if this has been suggested before, would it be possible to add a check-box for "Exclude PC+" or "Hide PC+"

This would make it easier to find items for the $6 off DO monthly coupon, when "Daz Originals" is selected as the artist. Unless, of course, there is a way to achieve this already...

Thanks

You can use the two coupon filters for this:

Ati said:
    spannah said:

Not sure if this has been suggested before, would it be possible to add a check-box for "Exclude PC+" or "Hide PC+"

This would make it easier to find items for the $6 off DO monthly coupon, when "Daz Originals" is selected as the artist. Unless, of course, there is a way to achieve this already...

Thanks

Ha, figures ... right in front of my nose. Thanks!

• Ati said:
    Ati said:
    ArtAngel said:

Also what does checking Total Spent & Total Value Owned actually do. It seems to just open my orders link to the invoices no differently than before, so I must be missing the point because I'm sure there must be one.

And make sure your husband doesn't see it. ;) This option is turned off by default. To turn it on, you have to check the checkbox for it on the options page.

You know, now that I think about it, that part has never worked for me.  And I've had the checkbox checked for a long while.

Uncheck that option, and re-check it again. That should fix it, and let you see the totals on the Orders page.

Ah, that did it.  Thanks!

DanaTA said:

Dana

Well, it worked now.
    crying

• spannah said:
    Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

The PlatClub Coupon link still doesn't work properly though. It filters out new items, when in fact you can use a PlatClub Coupon for new items. (Its only the Save6 PA Coupon that can't be used for new items).

• NSFW said:
    spannah said:
    Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

The PlatClub Coupon link still doesn't work properly though. It filters out new items, when in fact you can use a PlatClub Coupon for new items. (Its only the Save6 PA Coupon that can't be used for new items).

The PlatClub Coupon link will (at last!) be fixed in v2.2.0 when that's released (hopefully later this week!). Sorry for the long wait on that one. :-P

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

We were ALL terrified when we first saw our totals. laugh 

DanaTA said:
    Ati said:
    ArtAngel said:

Dana

• Overdrawn said:

The PlatClub Coupon link will (at last!) be fixed in v2.2.0 when that's released (hopefully later this week!). Sorry for the long wait on that one. :-P

Awesome! Its a minor issue but one that has caused me to miss out on spending my coupon on new Daz items at various times, mostly when I've been absent minded and forgotten about that filter "glitch". So its great that its finally getting resolved.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 2017

there's a couple of links/urls that may help:

DO's without PC (includes new DO's) https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

No PC, no new DO's https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#index=0&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

NSFW said:
    spannah said:
    Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

Ati said:
    spannah said:

Thanks

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • jakiblue said:

there's a couple of links/urls that may help:

DO's without PC (includes new DO's) https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

No PC, no new DO's https://www.daz3d.com/daz-originals#index=0&filter_new=0&filter_platClub=0&filtered=1

Yes, thanks. I used to have those links bookmarked somewhere. I need to put them in my toolbar

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    Overdrawn said:

You've done a great job. I wish there was a way to search by size. Some people prefer low res for video and web while and others need higher res. It would be such a valuable tool to sort by. Again well done.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048

Question. I'd like to move my Daz Deals notifications to another email addy.  What's the best way to change the notification email addy, i.e. stop notifications to the older email, and redirect them to the new one?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Question. I'd like to move my Daz Deals notifications to another email addy.  What's the best way to change the notification email addy, i.e. stop notifications to the older email, and redirect them to the new one?

Sign up with the new address. Enter that address in the options page, along with the new passcode. After this, it's best to do a manual sync of the wishlist, so the new e-mail address is properly populated.

This signed you up to use the new address. To sign out from the old one, there are two options:

1, When you receive a notification to the old address, unsubscribe at the bottom. There are several types of notifications, you will have to unsubscribe from all of them. If the address no longer exists, then because of the bounces, it will be unsubscribed automatically.

2, In a private message here on the forums, you send me both e-mail addresses and passcodes (NOT your Daz login!!!), and I'll remove everything related to the old address.

Individual notifications (the one-time notifications you set per-product, not in general) are stored per e-mail address, so if you have those, then option 2 is the way to go, I'll move them over to the new address.

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,048

Thanks!

• I absolutely love this - don't know how I managed without it.

It's especially useful to be able to jump directly to the forum product page - I have torn my hair out soooo many times trying to find those when checking out whether to grab something or not.

Thank you so much, Overdrawn. Legend. yes

And I'm far too scared to check out my total spend... crying

• Wolfhound said:

I absolutely love this - don't know how I managed without it.

It's especially useful to be able to jump directly to the forum product page - I have torn my hair out soooo many times trying to find those when checking out whether to grab something or not.

Thank you so much, Overdrawn. Legend. yes

And I'm far too scared to check out my total spend... crying

So glad you like it! :) If you've not yet setup the email notifications, I highly recommend it. @Ati and I put lots of love into this extension--much of it "under the hood"--and I'm glad it's been so helpful to so many people. :)

And...yeah...turn that "total spend" feature on cautiously. ;)

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    edited December 2017

Daz-Deals v2.2.0 just hit the streets at the Chrome store!
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/daz-deals/nagnffdgedlcmlibjhmalgcaekfgiehc

We've also just queued the v2.2.0 release for Opera and Firefox.

This new release includes two major wishlist improvements--and that annoying PlatClub coupon link fix:

• create multiple wishlists using tags
    • backup/restore wishlists

Also, the Edge extension is still awaiting processing by Microsoft...they're not really good at this part yet... Will continue to keep you posted on that.

Hopefully these new features will enhance you're holiday shopping and happiness. ^_^

Enjoy!
    @Overdrawn & @Ati

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • It's a Christmas miracle! Firefox just shipped our update in less than an hour! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/ (past reviews have taken days...if not weeks...)

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. ^_^

Happy Holidays!

What’s new in v2.2.0

A new major release of the browser addon is out today. This version adds two major features: multiple wishlists (wishlist labels), and the ability to restore your wishlist from a previous backup.

Here’s what they are, in more detail:

Multiple wishlists (wishlist labels)

What are multiple wishlists?

The "Multiple wishlists" feature lets you categorize your wishlisted products.

For example, let's say you have 1000 products in your wishlist. You would like to get all of them at some point, but there are 20 that you want for your next project, and you want to keep a closer eye on these 20 products. You could label these 20 products as "ASAP", and filter your wishlist to only show products in this category. That way you can see at a glance if anything from your most urgent list in on sale. If you had to look through all 1000 products to find these 20, it would take forever.

Or you can categorize your products, for example "hair", "character", "indoors", "boots", etc. Assigning these categories to your wishlisted products enables you to only show a certain category at a time, giving you a better chance to find what you are looking for.

What does it look like?

When turned on, you will see two new elements on your wishlist page. The first one is below the sort filters:

This lets you choose the category you would like to display. In the above example, no category is selected yet.

The second new element is at the bottom of the page:

How to add a new category? How to assign items to categories?

This feature makes use of the comment function of the wishlist. To create a new category, simply enter the desired category name as a comment for one of the items. To add another item to the same category, enter the same category name for that item as well.

To make sure you can keep using all your previous comments, category names need to start with an * (asterisk), a # (hashmark), or a + (plus sign).

When you added and saves a few comments, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on the "Update wishlist labels" button.

The comments are saved individually when you save them for a given product, but they only become usable as "multiple wishlists", when you click that button at the bottom of the page.

This is what a product with a category looks like:

Notice the comment for the product. That comment is used as the category label.

What is the difference between starting with an * (asterisk), a # (hashmark), and a + (plus sign)?

Category names starting with an * (asterisk) are only used on the wishlist page and the product page.

Category names starting with a # (hashmark) are almost the same as category names starting with an * (asterisk): they are only used on the wishlist page and the product page. The only difference between the * (asterisk) and the # (hashmark) is that the # (hashmark) is berfore the * (asterisk) in the alphabetical order, making it easier to set up priorities.

Category names starting with a + (plus sign) are also shown in a category listing, like this:

How to filter the wishlist?

After you have saved a few products into categories, it's time to see the filter in action. (After making changes, reload the wishlist page to reflect those changes.)

Choose a category in the category selection box, and your wishlist will be immediately filtered to only show items that are in that category. You can now sort this filtered list any way you like: newest to oldest, cheapest to most expensive, by discount etc.

Adding an item to multiple categories

It is possible to assign one item to multiple categories. To do that, use the semicolon (;) between the category names. For example:

Keeping existing comments

You can continue to use your existing comments, and add the categories. To do this, simply add a semicolon (;) at the end of the existing comment, and add your category. You can even add any text after the category names by adding another semicolon (;) at the end of the category name. For example:

How to delete an item from a category? How to delete a category?

To delete an item from a category, simply remove the category name from its comment. And remember to update the wishlist labels by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.

You don't have to do anything to delete an entire category. Once a category name is deleted from all the products, it disappears immediately. (After you update the wishlist labels by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page.)

What does it look like on a product page?

The labels show up at the top of the product page, like this:

Tip to sort the labels

To sort your labels (most often used at the top, for example), start the label with a numeric value, which will bring it up to the top of the list. Having several numeric values enables you to finetune the order of your list.

Using multiple browsers

The wishlist categories are saved in your browser. This means that when you open the wishlist page from another browser, the categories will be missing. However, since the comments themselves are saved on the Daz site, they are available across browsers. So all you need to do in a new browser is to update the wishlist labels by clicking on the button at the bottom of the page. Keep in mind, that it only updates the products that are currently displayed, so to update all products as once, you need to set the "Items per page" to "All". (Or save the labels from each page where you have labels, but this is really time-consuming, so listing everything on one page, and then saving is the fastest way.)

Remember to update the wishlist labels after making changes

When you make changes: add new comments or remove comments, make sure you click on the "Update wishlist labels" button at the bottom of the page.

Restore wishlist

Here’s part of my restore wishlist screen:

What is this? Restoring the wishlist lets you add some of your past wishlisted items back to your wishlist. Why would you want to do that? You may accidentally delete some items from your wishlist, and later you change your mind. Or, your wishlist on the Daz server may have gotten damaged, and some, or all of your wishlisted items got deleted. This is when this feature can help.

How does it work? On our notification server, your synced wishlist is saved once a day and is archived for one month. When you choose a date, all of the items from that day will be added to your wishlist again. It only adds to your wishlist. If you've added items since that backup, those items (if they are still in your wishlist) will remain in your wishlist. Nothing gets deleted, only added.

What do I need to do? Click on the date you wish to restore your items from. Items from that day, that are not in your wishlist now, get added. If you had labels added to your products, then it's best to click the same date again, restoring the same items once more. This makes sure that both the items and the labels are properly restored.

Which date should I click on? Each date also shows the number of items saved for that day. Based on this, find the date where your wishlist was still intact. You may have removed items from your wishlist on purpose, so keep this in mind when selecting the date. All items from the given backup will be added to your wishlist.

Is it safe to click on a date more than once? Won't it mess up my wishlist? It's safe to click on any of the dates as many times as you like. This feature only adds to your wishlist, it does not remove any items from it.

I restored my wishlist after Daz deleted some of my items, but they are still not showing up. If your wishlist was damaged on the Daz site, then adding the items back may not actually put them back. Don't worry. Add a few of the newest items from the store to your wishlist. You can immediately remove them if you want to. After adding a couple of new items, try restoring the wishlist again. The console log shows the messages we receive from Daz. To see console messages, press Shift+Ctrl+I, and choose the "Console" tab. If you see error messages such as "Wishlist not found," then your wishlist is still damaged. Wait a few minutes, keep adding new items to it from the store, and then come back and restore it again. If your wishlist on the Daz servers is heavily damaged, it may take a few minuted and a few tries to get it working again. The "Cannot specify product" error message means that the item we are trying to add does not exist at this moment. It may have been completely retired, or temporarily disabled. To add these items back, try a few days later, or you may want to ask Daz if the item in question will be available in the store in the future at all.

---

If you notice any errors, please let us know!

Enjoy the new features! :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162
    edited December 2017

Oh my this is looking more and more amazing! I may have to make the switch from IE to Chrome just to be able to use this.

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:

Oh my this is looking more and more amazing! I may have to make the switch from IE to Chrome just to be able to use this.

So glad you like it! :D The Firefox on works on both the desktop and their mobile browser. That coupled with Firefox Sync is what I use most of the time.

Whatever you pick, though, I'd recommend getting off IE...even Microsoft is at this point. :-/

Oh! There's also Vivaldi https://vivaldi.com/ which works with Chrome extensions, but feels like Opera. Lots of choices. :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162
    Overdrawn said:
    MelanieL said:

So glad you like it! :D The Firefox on works on both the desktop and their mobile browser. That coupled with Firefox Sync is what I use most of the time.

Whatever you pick, though, I'd recommend getting off IE...even Microsoft is at this point. :-/

Oh! There's also Vivaldi https://vivaldi.com/ which works with Chrome extensions, but feels like Opera. Lots of choices. :)

Oh I still like IE best, though I'm using Chrome increasingly. The main problem is I have a great print-to-pdf addon in IE whereas in Chrome the pdf have missing letters and a very scruffy-looking font  (sample attached) and I've no idea how to change that. I do a lot of print-to-pdf of product pages, useful stuff from the forums, tutorials, etc.

Capture.JPG
    842 x 72 - 23K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Is there a way to make firefox update the Daz Deals. I have automatic update on, but I'm still stuck at 2.1.5.

I hope you two are making a fortune off of this add on! I ckick your links every time I get one of your emails, just to be sure I'm using your referral link.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,092
    Overdrawn said:

It's a Christmas miracle! Firefox just shipped our update in less than an hour! https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/ (past reviews have taken days...if not weeks...)

Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. ^_^

Happy Holidays!

Or, it's a sign that they wanted to clear their plates so they can go on Holiday early!  cheeky  Yes, I know...but I prefer to think of myself as a realist.

Dana

barbult said:

Is there a way to make firefox update the Daz Deals. I have automatic update on, but I'm still stuck at 2.1.5.

Click on the 3 horizontal lines to open the menu. Click on Add-ons. Click on  the cogwheel, and then "Check for updates..." This updates all your addons immediately.

barbult said:

I hope you two are making a fortune off of this add on! I ckick your links every time I get one of your emails, just to be sure I'm using your referral link.

Thank you! :)

Thanks. I'm at 2.2 now, following those steps.

I think I missed something. Do I have to be signed up for the Wishlist emails to make the new features with comments work?

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Any way this will ever work on an iPad? I do all my shopping on my iPad but check the computer right before I check out to make sure the discounts are right. But it would be great if this was usable directly on an iPad...

edited December 2017
    barbult said:

I think I missed something. Do I have to be signed up for the Wishlist emails to make the new features with comments work?

Something is not quite right. Stand by...

Post edited by Ati on
This discussion has been closed.