SCI-FI Celebration

Comments

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    SimonJM said:
    tkdrobert said:

Are the materials for the v-wing IRAY?

Yes, there are two Props, a clean and a 'used' version of the fighter, both Iray

Awesome, I just got it.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693
    edited December 2017

Here is an old one, V4!

Sad-Cyborg-by-Alicia_Hollinger.jpg
    639 x 792 - 687K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

Here is an old one, V4!

V4 Is still a great model.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760
    edited December 2017

An outsider's first exposure to human holidays.
    Omnix first Christmas

Post edited by JamesJAB on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Here is an old one, V4!

Nice one here, I love all the holoscreen stuff :D

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    JamesJAB said:

An outsider's first exposure to human holidays.
    Omnix first Christmas

LOLOL nice one! My thoughts exactly!

• I'm a life long martial artist, so I love throwing in a good fight scene here and there.  

I think we are separated twins.

Some very cool renders being shared here.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited December 2017

Using LittleFox's "Melody" of Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 to depict characters I originally hand drew for a long dead (debatably 'comatose") web-comic, "Freighter Tails".

http://www.mzzkiti.com/log001.htm

I was amazed how well Melody with Capsces' "Furries for..." morphs allowed me to translate my illustrated design into 3D.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 2017

I did this one fairly recently.  I thought, I'd share it here.  I was a big fan of Star-Blazers when I was a kid.

Star-Blazers Tribute

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Another homage to an old favorite:

Classic Battlestar Galactica

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227
    edited December 2017

Here is an old one, V4!

Beautiful

Post edited by deathbycanon on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited December 2017

Sexy bald space babes in shiny silver swimspacesuits !

I think we have an intruder

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

A new life.

Signed up, sworn in, life packed up into one tough box, and then the waiting starts.
    "(did I make the right choice?  Will I be able to make it through the training?  What if I get sent home as a failure?  No I wont!  I will do this!  I am strong!)"

JamesJAB said:

A new life.

Signed up, sworn in, life packed up into one tough box, and then the waiting starts.
    "(did I make the right choice?  Will I be able to make it through the training?  What if I get sent home as a failure?  No I wont!  I will do this!  I am strong!)"

very nice work, The contrast of her being normal dressed and the environment is working great for this image

edited December 2017

Space Battle by tkdrobert

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 2017

Your Move

YourMove2.jpg
    1350 x 1000 - 727K
  • Linwelly said:
    JamesJAB said:

A new life.

very nice work, The contrast of her being normal dressed and the environment is working great for this image

Yeah, that looks great.

• tkdrobert said:

Nice work, though I'd suggest the fighters on the far side of the cruiser need to be a bit smaller to give more of a feeling of depth to your composition, as they're only small fighters and you'd have a bit of a size discrepancy with the fighters launching from that ship too. Other than that minor issue? Great work, and looking forward to seeing more.

edited December 2017
    tkdrobert said:

Nice work, though I'd suggest the fighters on the far side of the cruiser need to be a bit smaller to give more of a feeling of depth to your composition, as they're only small fighters and you'd have a bit of a size discrepancy with the fighters launching from that ship too. Other than that minor issue? Great work, and looking forward to seeing more.

The launching Wasp fighters are pretty small.  They can barely fit through those doors, where as the v-wings will not fit at all.  The v-wings have a pretty wide wing span.  Much bigger than the Wasp.  It's like the difference between a Jedi Starfighter and an X-wing.  Also, the Antares is not a big capital ship.

edited December 2017
    tkdrobert said:

So, my reder a few posts up turned into a four part series.  Here it is all in one go.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A New Life (part 1)

Signed up, sworn in, life packed up into one tough box, and then the waiting starts.

A New Life (part 2)

One week into training.
    *(How.. ..am.. I going.....  to survive ..another... eight weeks...  ...of this.)*

A New Life (part 3)

Three years in, recently promoted to head of Security.
    *(This is my ship, my friends, my family!  The names and faces may change, but I will protect them to my last breath!)*

A New Life (part 4)

The end of an adventure.
    *(You are and always will be my dearest friend.  You have kept me safe through all of our adventures.  I will miss you always.  Though your adventures will no longer involve me, I will pray for you and your crew's safety...  **sniff** Here I am tearing up talking to a starship.  Here is where we part ways, never to see each other again.  Farewell dear friend...)*

So cool! Love the series and the way you occupy light and colours is great, (my thought at the second one "girl first thing is getting yourself a good bra..."LOL)

Sooooo.... (a second scene extending part 4)

A New Life (part 5)

Reflection and sadnes
    *(So many years ago, a young lady sitting on her box in this coridor wondering if she made the right choice... Scared of the future, afraid of failure, worried about dissapointing everyone who believed in her.  That little girl was me... is me!....  Well here I am again, same place scared out of my mind, moving into the unknown, leaving everything and everone I've known behind.  "You've served your time, star hopping is a game for the young." Hearing that made my heart sink down to the pit of my stomach.)*

*(Hold your head high, one foot in front of the other...  Hold back the tears,.. I don't know if I can.  Be strong this one last time, be proud, stand tall, remember the good times... I'm going to miss my chair... my chair for ten years.  It's in good hands now, I know it is.)*

*(The time is now, through this door is my crew, my friends, my family, my most cherished creatures I've encountered in this universe.  Time to say my farewells... most I'll never see again.....  How do you say goodbye, I don't want to open that door...)*

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 2017

Had a peek in my dA SF gallery, and ...

Done in Octane, via teh OcDS plug-in

Back in 3Delight:

And this one may be a bit close for ToS: http://fav.me/d9cyd0y

That last one was so freaking hilarious, I remember when you put it up on her contest I was laughing tears.

Very good stuff everyone.  Keep up the awesome work.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    Linwelly said:

That last one was so freaking hilarious, I remember when you put it up on her contest I was laughing tears.

That was the general aim of it, so glad it had that reaction laugh

The Horrors of War

This didn't quit come out how I imagined, but here it is.  It was inspired by a real painting I saw.  I can't remember the name of art or the artist, but I was told it was the 1st time a painting depicted the horrors of war.  Most paintings up until that one depicted war as glorious and/or adventurous.  These alien prisoners are innocent civilians being executed.  Their only crime was being born on a planet other than the executioners.

Horrors of War by tkdrobert

I believe this one by Francesco Goya ist the one you mean, depicts the shooting of rebels in the spanish war, the acutal thing happened 1808, and the story goes Goya had been an eye witness. ( link goes to german Wikipedia, guess there is somthing in english as well

Yes that is it.