SCI-FI Celebration

145791037

Comments

  • StezzaStezza Posts: 6,833

    modeled & shaded in Carrara - Interceptor

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Space Walk

    Space Walk

  • WandererWanderer Posts: 943
    edited April 2018
    dracorn said:
    tkdrobert said:

    Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

    Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

    I liked this render so much I popped over to your gallery to give it a like - then hung out and liked some other renders while I was there.

    @tkdrobert - I know this is an older post/image, but I have to give you props on this. When I discovered that freebie scene, the thought of Bladerunner immediately sprang to mind, and then I remembered you'd already done it--and so much better than I could've hoped to achieve. On realizing that, I knew I had to come back here and tell you just how impressive I find this image. Well done. Very well done.

    Post edited by Wanderer on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360
    Wanderer said:
    dracorn said:
    tkdrobert said:

    Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

    Blade Runner: Hot Pursuit

    I liked this render so much I popped over to your gallery to give it a like - then hung out and liked some other renders while I was there.

    @tkdrobert - I know this is an older post/image, but I have to give you props on this. When I discovered that freebie scene, the thought of Bladerunner immediately sprang to mind, and then I remembered you'd already done it--and so much better than I could've hoped to achieve. On realizing that, I knew I had to come back here and tell you just how impressive I find this image. Well done. Very well done.

    Thanks.  It's in my top 10 of most favorite renders I've done.

  • tkdrobert said:

    Rag Tag Rebels

    Rag Tag Rebels

    Excellent compsition and lighting with this. 

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Thank you.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360
    edited May 2018

    I use to play an MMORPG called Star Wars Galaxies and later Knights of the Old Republic.  The name of my main character in both games was Seare Hawkeye.  That was the inspiration for this original Jedi Knight character.

    Jedi Knight: Seare Hawkeye

    Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Picture showed show now.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    N7 Explorer

    N7 Explorer

  • WandererWanderer Posts: 943

    @tkdrobert - You've got a really good eye. Like these newest again.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    A Leaf on the Wind

    A Leaf on the Wind

  • WandererWanderer Posts: 943

    @tkdrobert - If you don't mind sharing, did you render this in Iray? If so, how did you achieve the blur effect? Was it postwork? Either way, I like this image.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360
    edited May 2018
    Wanderer said:

    @tkdrobert - If you don't mind sharing, did you render this in Iray? If so, how did you achieve the blur effect? Was it postwork? Either way, I like this image.

    @wanderer Yes, this was done in IRAY.  The background was created using TerraDome 3 IRAY.  I rendered the ship and the background seperatly.  I brought the two renders into Photoshop as seperate layers.  I used motion blur on the background.

    Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    First they cancel Dark Matter and now The Expanse.  SYFY suits are a bunch of idiots!  I hope Amazon or Netflix pick it up.  At least I can go read the books if they don't.

  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 460
    edited May 2018

    Woe

    Ruthless leader of the Ghost Clan on Varna 7

    Woe.jpg
    683 x 656 - 93K
    Post edited by ItsCeo on
  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360
    ItsCeo said:

    Woe

    Ruthless leader of the Ghost Clan on Varna 7

    Nice work.

  • ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 460
    tkdrobert said:

    Nice work.

    Thanks.  laugh

    Your 'A Leaf on the Wind' makes my heart hurt - I loved Wash.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360
    ItsCeo said:
    tkdrobert said:

    Nice work.

    Thanks.  laugh

    Your 'A Leaf on the Wind' makes my heart hurt - I loved Wash.

    I know right?

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Rey and BB8

    Rey and BB8

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Commander Shepard and Miranda

    Mass Effect: Shepard and Miranda

  • ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 469
    tkdrobert said:
    ItsCeo said:
    tkdrobert said:

    Nice work.

    Thanks.  laugh

    Your 'A Leaf on the Wind' makes my heart hurt - I loved Wash.

    I know right?

    No kidding there. He was a lot of fun to watch right up until that very last moment.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Blaze of Glory

    Blazing Glory

  • WandererWanderer Posts: 943

    Blaze of Glory is most excellent, @tkdrobert! Well done. And thanks for sharing it.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Thannk you @wanderer.  I worked on this for a few days.  I changed it several times before I was finally happy with it.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    A different take

    Blaze of Glory II

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Another Fett

    Boba Fett

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Mara Jade

    Mara Jade

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Another take

    Mara Jade Painted

  • WandererWanderer Posts: 943

    @tkdrobert - Very nice seeing different variants of the same vision. Thanks for sharing them.

  • tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,360

    Another Boba Fett

    Boba Fett II (Painted)

Sign In or Register to comment.