Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    Zev0 said:

Male version and Bundle is now Live. Thanks for the support.

Is there any extra discount for owning the G8F version?

I was wondering same thing as I got the G8F version too.

• Zev0 said:

Male version and Bundle is now Live. Thanks for the support.

Is there any extra discount for owning the G8F version?

I was wondering same thing as I got the G8F version too.

There seems to be, 20% by the look of it.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,044
    edited December 2017
    Should be a small added discount given..You should see the popup message. I know it's not as high as 20% because of existing holiday sale rules which is already discounting the product high for frequent customers.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • James_HJames_H Posts: 1,006

There's certainly no message about it for me, so no discount, I assume.

edited December 2017

If you bought the G8F version it will apply (for purchasing the Male version, not bundle) regardless if you got a popup message or not from my understanding.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Oh! I was thinking Growing Up included Growing Old but no, so while I'm glad I bought the Growing Up Bundle today still but I look forward to the Growing Old Bundle later too. 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited December 2017
    Zev0 said:

If you bought the G8F version it will apply (for purchasing the Male version, not bundle) regardless if you got a popup message or not from my understanding.

While I didn't get a message even though I previously bought the G2F version there does appear to be a small extra discount in my cart. Thanks, Zev0.

How long is this extra discount effective?

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 2017

I think it just runs over the weekend till end of Sunday.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2017
    Zev0 said:

Maybe not even that long. The price in my cart just increased over $1.50. I'm about ready to just dump it all.

At this point I sure wish I hadn't bought the G8F version back in September. I wish I could return it and just buy the bundle instead Lesson learned.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Zev0 said:

Maybe not even that long. The price in my cart just increased over $1.50. I'm about ready to just dump it all.

Hmm, I was ready to check out tonight, but yeah, the extra discount is gone. :(

• Zev0 said:

As did mine :( 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,309
    azoohouse said:
    Zev0 said:

As did mine :( 

Same here.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Try doing a refresh on your cart page .

• carrie58 said:

Try doing a refresh on your cart page .

I tried several times but that doesn't help.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754

Mine's gone as well.  I think the store just has too many different things going on right now, as most of the sales have been at least partially broken since the beginning of the month. 

• we can't live without your tools :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

So what is the correct discount for buyers of the G8F version? The price in my cart has jumped up, too. sad

See attachment.

Capture.JPG
    526 x 292 - 43K
    edited December 2017

Well, I just got a message that I get a whooping extra 5% off for buying Growing Up for G3F WOW!  And this after earlier offering it for $1.50 less than the new discounted price. Thanks but NO THANKS! Happy Holidays Bah Humbug,.

edited December 2017

That is the best I can do because of the existing Sale Daz is running. If this is the thanks, then I will remove loyalty discounts all together. It is not a requirement from any PA, and I do it out of kindness when I can afford to do so. Happy Holidays.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 2017
    Zev0 said:

That is the best I can do because of the existing Sale Daz is running. If this is the thanks, then I will remove loyalty discounts all together. It is not a requirement from any PA and I do it out of kindness when I can afford to do so. Happy Holidays.

I wouldn't have seemed so bad if the price didn't increase without any explanation from what was offered earlier today. That left a very bitter taste in my mouth and makes me wish I had just waited to get the bundle

Yes, you can charge whatever price you wish and conversely I can can choose whether it is worth it to me; but when the price suddenly increases I am a lot less inclined to buy.

But thanks anyway.

• I had the product for males in my cart all morning with no discount banner.  Should have checked out then because after the banner appeared, the price went up in my cart.

• Zev0 said:

That is the best I can do because of the existing Sale Daz is running. If this is the thanks, then I will remove loyalty discounts all together. It is not a requirement from any PA, and I do it out of kindness when I can afford to do so. Happy Holidays.

Please don't let one humbug speak for everyone.  I am a fan of your products and own many of them.  Even a small discount is well appreciated.

Thank you both for the discount, and for the fabulous products!

itinerant said:
    Zev0 said:

Please don't let one humbug speak for everyone.  I am a fan of your products and own many of them.  Even a small discount is well appreciated.

As was stated its the way the price jumped thats upset some people.

And obviously we are fans of Zevos work otherwise we wouldn't have already bought the female version.

• erostew said:
    Zev0 said:

No baking. You use it like Daz head and body morphs, where it is required in conjunction with your morph. The term merchant resource will be removed because it confuses some people. Instead I will just have rules of how product can be used on description, if people wish to sell characters using it.

That explains it. I was starting to get a bit upset when I noticed that the name had changed and there is no reference to Merchant Resource. It's not like I am likely to release anything that requires it but it seemed like dirty pool, and kind of surprising,  to change the terms of the product after I bought it. I'm glad it wasn't what I thought! I can understand changing the name as Merchant Resource is really not the greatest description of the license.

On a different note: Have you considered making it a more traditional MR? Seems like there aren't a lot of products released that require the Growing Up morphs so it might actually make you a few more sales to vendors. I guess you have your reasons but I'm curious :)

Regards

Bummer..I much prefer the traditional MR model export over prerequisites.  Sorry about the policy change.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 2017

Thank you very much Zev0 for all of your products ,and for WHATEVER discounts you gve us ,have a wonderful holiday  .

Edited so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • Zev0 said:

Didn't mean to imply ungratefulness, just wondered about the price jump and not even a big jump. Just thought there was some Daz-foolery going on.  Thanks again for the loyalty discount. All discounts are appreciated. Happy Holidays to you too

carrie58 said:

Thank you very much Zev0 for all of your products ,and for WHATEVER discounts you gve us ,have a wonderful holiday dispite the SCROOGES among us .

That sort of attitude doesn't exactly help the situation, I was going to pick the set up dispite the dissapointment in the price jumping - but I think I will leave it for now.

• carrie58 said:

Thank you very much Zev0 for all of your products ,and for WHATEVER discounts you gve us ,have a wonderful holiday dispite the SCROOGES among us .

Occasionally buying one product of a future bundle when released in September and the second product of the bundle in December sometimes ends up costing me an extra $1 above the bundle price, I really don't mind it when it's an outstanding product like Growing Up.   Thank you Zev for all your wonderful and useful products over these past several years and I look forward to purchasing many many more.  

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    itinerant said:
    Zev0 said:

Agreed! Thanks Zevo!