Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,308

We just don't get camera angles like this everyday. 

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,321

I thought the concept setup for the StarLife modern atress promos was a unique setup.  Each shows the character "on set" on location and the screen capture of the movie frame.  The one with the pack of wolves chasing the female protagonist on horseback was dynamic and engaging. 

I thought so too.  Very original as far as Daz promos go.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This promo is from Joan for Genesis 8 Female. The juxtaposition of the war zone and the gun and her taking a moment to enjoy a simple flower is just smile inducing. :) 

• IgnisSerpentus' new Rogue Elements has some stunning artistic promos on the page today.

• Agreed-very impressive!

• Mec4D's HDRI Gardens has an outstading piece of art type promo with this. 

• Ansiko's Roadtrippin' Hippie Van  something about the wash out sunny haze that reminds us of the sixties.

• The whole series of images is so ... Effectively very 60's and 70's.
    Images are burned as if the camera was accidentally opened.
    it gives an effect silver film of the time see even slides worn by time. it was the time of the Kodachrome.
    The presentation of the van is also done on a catalog of the time.

• Seriously intense mid leap action shot promo for the new Syble Outfit by Linday while trying to escape the marauding bird of prey in the background.  There's a bunch more of the page.  This one was quite dynamic.

• The Legend by AeonSoul they always deliver cool looking promos deserving of the outfits.

• The Legend by AeonSoul they always deliver cool looking promos deserving of the outfits.

It´s gorgeous! I wouldn´t go up theresurprise

• I though JoeQuicks "tongue firmly planted in cheek" naming humor for Impractical Adventurer outfit was fun. I must have a soft spot of dynamic mid leap action shots I'm guessing.

• I saw this promo for Era in the store and was very impressed with the idea and how tastefully done it was.  I think it was a great idea by @iSourceTextures.  

• It's fairly uncommon to see classic Black & White greyscale images for promo art,  so these rarestone  Face Shape promos caught my eye today.  The fact that the morphs help deliver some very familiar faces is a cool bonus. 

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

I saw this promo for Era in the store and was very impressed with the idea and how tastefully done it was.  I think it was a great idea by @iSourceTextures.  

+1

Stepped over this as well and was thinking the same. A really great idea!

Kim has it as well ... and looks very cute.

Kind regards, Eagle99

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I'm loving this one for Stephanie 8, it has a nostalgic feel to it (that hair is by Sshodan and is at Rendo, by the way.) 

I pulled into a roadside farmer's market about an hour north of here just the other day,  and  I pretty well saw this image. It's that close to reality..    So detailsed, vivid autumn colors,  and as Orestes Graphics mentiones Epic pumpkins.  

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited November 2017

Hats off to Aave Nainan for this gorgeous render of her new dForce Fringed Breezy Dress for G3F and G8F. Love that she included items used. I was surprised to discover this is the Fantasy Hall by Imaginary House . I never even noticed the window much before, and didn't think to use it this way. Very beautiful, especially with Dumor's Rhododendrons. The image demonstrates the product wonderfully. I'm sold on it! 

@FirstBastion Those autumn renders were incredible! Sold me right away on those sets. Orestes always has great promos but lately that PA is just knocking it out of the park! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Yes, that is wonderful work all round!

edited November 2017

Great Lara-esque type promo today for the Horrifying skins set today.  What doesn't kill ya,  leaves some fairly significant scars.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • Saidge42Saidge42 Posts: 128

Great Lara-esque type promo today for the Horrifying skins set today.  What doesn't kill ya,  leaves some fairly significant scars.

thank you so very much!! @FirstBastion I'm thrilled you like it :D

• DzFire's new Mech.  Ready for deployment.

• 3DUniverse's Grimwoods.  classic spooky.  yah our car broke down,  can I use the phone?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Wait here, I'll go down to the basement!

• Rarestone's new concept character Pei AI and battlesuit suit  , a whole another league of stylized cool. A real treat of visual pop culture.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996

This one just made me laugh:

• Something spectacular in the opulence,  Nyan cat's Corridoio  the imperfect carpet runner caught my eye because that made it more real. 

edited December 2017

3D Universe did a wonderful job on the promo images for their Cartoon Parrot, Sir Waddleston! They really captured the bird's character in such a fun way. I laughed out loud while viewing his promos! Such a good job capturing this funny little guy's personality!

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited December 2017

Something spectacular in the opulence,  Nyan cat's Corridoio  the imperfect carpet runner caught my eye because that made it more real

+1 It's the main reason why it flew into my Wish List so fast (if I wasn't so broke from Christmas, it would have been flying into my cart. lol). I love when PAs go the extra mile to ADD imperfections, it really gives much-needed realism to environments and/or characters that would otherwise be TOO perfect (which loses realism, no matter how well the model is built or how good the textures are). Those added bits of imperfections and real world wear and tear can make a big difference.

Post edited by 3Diva on

Any time there are multiple characters interacting with each other is a good promo day,  and Predatron's Helping Hands pose set delivers this with some mid War action.  Devastation and heroism.