Art of the Promo

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

Sure it's a promo for a pose set,  but you gotta give credit whenever there's 11 +plus characters in a shot,  and in this particular case,  each character pose is unique,  referenced relative to the moving vehicle, has the right balnace and weighting for bodies in motion  and cognisant of the other charcters in the scene.  Predatron's Action Scout Buggy Poses deos all that. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited April 2017

I have to say I am very impressed with these new promos

Spartech Jumper

https://www.daz3d.com/spartech-jumper

Iray HDRI Space

https://www.daz3d.com/iray-hdri-space

Sci-Fi Interior Kit 2

https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-interior-kit-2

Post edited by Chohole on
  • isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Ironman13 added an interesting touch to the clay render promos of her new dorm set, making them look like sketch drawings.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

The elephant in the room has new meaning with this promo image for Stonemason's Abandoned : Home Sweet Home

The elephant in the room has new meaning with this promo image for Stonemason's Abandoned : Home Sweet Home

Haha, yeah I also thought about that. Great looking promos overall for that product. As usual with Stonemason.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Nice take on the elephant in the room indeed!

It's hard to compete with Stonemason, but one promo that caught my eye today is the main promo for Deepsea's Lola's Son for Genesis 3 Male. A simple portrait set up, but with sweet and tender poses.

It seems Deepsea can't only do big (George HD), but also small. Many digital children tend to look odd, but this one is really well done.

Today we're looking at another one of those functional promos,  that are not so much about the promo art itself but rather the potential that a product bring to the possibilities of future artwork.  We're looking at Mechasar's Slime Attack.  I particularly like the color coded promo that shows how the various slime elements can be added together to make an even more engrossing slime image.

3Djoji's New Coast Guard Cutter has some really nice promos today out on the stormy seas. 

It's not everyday that we get a Promo VIDEO for a new product,  but today's CarChase by Linday offers a few excellent youtube animations showcasing how the four wheel animation template can help make cars move in Daz Studio. 

Very Cool. 

Can't help but appreicate the idyllic serene setting of Tango Alpha's Country Ford. I can see how the guy driving the llamaghini got distracted. 

And having played through Skyrim,  how can we not appreciate the sense of humor in Valandar's multi fantasy weapon collection - armory-of-the-five-realms

"Pleeze chek all weppins before gettin an ale" 

I have to say I really like this promo image for Orestes Graphics The Morak Badlands.

Clever use of that asteroid space HDRI!

Greebles 4  simply wow

JoeQuick's new Classic Toon Duck  is all attitude and character today but the stressful expression here is almost palpable.

Bah! He's blocking the view! devil

Seriously though, there were some really nice promos for the new duck.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

JoeQuick's new Classic Toon Duck  is all attitude and character today but the stressful expression here is almost palpable.

Well, I'd have to admit that the "duck" is looking more like "Howard The Duck" now. :-)  Could be fun in some renders.

A different tye of storytelling intense scene today in the Death Stalker promos by Hershel Hoffmeyer

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Two for two ,  intense scene today in the Dune Hunter promos by Hershel Hoffmeyer

Great example of a functional promo today,  showing the front back and side views of the intricately detailed Double Troube braids by GoldTassel.  A whole slew of great promos on the page included there as well today.  Outstanding.

What a cool idea and what a fun looking multi character promo image.-  Insta Crowd Generator by SimonWM 

Let's take a selfie!

Here's a good example of consistency in theme. Alien with a perplexed look on his mug.  UFO crash site. DavidBrinnen and ForbiddenWhisper. 

The main promo art in Compositional Techniques in Promos By Digitial Live.  Good sense of grandeur in the shot.

War Beast by Sixus1.  Hints of a Frazetta inspired composition.  I'm pointing this one out only cause its a multi figure shot with a sense of action.  These composed shots always take a little more time to put together than your basic,  stare at the camera,  posed pinup. 

"And the Dragon ship came through the mist and brought with it..."  Fog and Smoke brushes by Orested Graphics.  Lots of possibilities.

• "And the Dragon ship came through the mist and brought with it..."  Fog and Smoke brushes by Orested Graphics.  Lots of possibilities.

Thanks! You know that this PC+ ship doesn't have a head? I modelled a dragon head quicky just for this promo. :D a Viking ship has to have a dragon head!! How else will it frighten the English? :P

Save

It's promos like this that makes me wish I wasn't too afriad to try to learn some decent program to do post work in.

A several-in-one from Ron's latest brushes.

This new promo for Hazel by Cherubit caught my eye,  sophisticated with an eye on the subversive,  and the guy is so oblivious. He's not in her league.  The lighting is darn nice too.

Today we have a set of exquisite,  realistic promos straight out of the pages of Architectural Digest  with the Woodman House Bathroom.  The details of the additional props plus the day and night render options are simply stunning.  Well done Slosh!