The No Complaint too Trivial Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

It's messy all over! :-o  Chicken Little was right!!

Blueberry Flan flavor coffee now.. odd smell but it does taste like blueberries...

edit: despite having checked 'keep me logged in', the forum software logged me out.  If I wrote software like this I'd be unemployed...

...it still does that to me.  It's much worse on the mobile app.

Well, I'll take it less personally - I was sure it was after me!

It's been said that, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!   cheeky

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Blueberry Flan flavor coffee now.. odd smell but it does taste like blueberries...

edit: despite having checked 'keep me logged in', the forum software logged me out.  If I wrote software like this I'd be unemployed...

It's been said that, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you!   cheeky

Who said that?  Where?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mistara said:

think i've found the ooo aaah of edumacational toys  surprisesurprise

grumpy grandpa is a grand poopah master electricuan, parents may hate me  lol

Great series, my son loves them.

tysmiley  helped me decide.

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Who said that?  Where?

Ozzie?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited November 2017

...well the new HDD and W7 Pro OEM arrived today.  So this weekend it's time to "get under the bonnet" and soup up the old work system to make it as much of a a high performance machine as I can.  24 GB of memory should keep most render jobs from dumping to virtual memory and with 4 GB of VRAM I can do GPU rendering for smaller works like character proofs as well as scenes which involve easy to composite layered rendering, which will save time.  I'll even be able to use HDRIs as I'll be able to use Iray View mode to position the dome and scene elements a little easier.  Time to get those Iray HDRI skies off the wishlist.

Already consolidated my desktop so it will be easy to transfer files over to a temp backup drive Have all the installers for my programmes in a separate folder ready for a clean install of my programmes once the new drive and OS is installed. Fortunately all my content runtimes and libraries are on a different drive so I won't have to deal with reinstalling and rebuilding them.

Considering a 6 core 3.06 GHz (3.46 GHz turbo) Xeon X5675 as the last upgrade (uses the same socket as my i7 930) to get 4 more threads for Carrara, and a little more boost in the CPU speed. for under 50$.  That will be as much as I can do for the old girl but should give me the overhead I need for a while longer.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361
    DanaTA said:
    frank0314 said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

...been cold and very wet here all day. Only made it to the mid 40s with heavy rain most of the day.  More of the same on tap for tomorrow. Supplies dwindling but a market trip may have to wait until Friday afternoon at the earliest when this big mass of wet moves off to the east.

Hey!  We have our own big mass of wet right now!   cheeky 

Dana

We finally had a few day break in the rain after raining for almost 3 weeks straight.

Good thing!  Another week or so and you'd have needed an ark!  laugh

Dana

tell me about it. We've been having all kinds of flooding gonig on.

DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Who said that?  Where?

Can't remember, but I've seen it or heard it (or both) more than once.

Dana

edited November 2017
    kyoto kid said:

...well the new HDD and W7 Pro OEM arrived today.  So this weekend it's time to "get under the bonnet" and soup up the old work system to make it as much of a a high performance machine as I can.  24 GB of memory should keep most render jobs from dumping to virtual memory and with 4 GB of VRAM I can do GPU rendering for smaller works like character proofs as well as scenes which involve easy to composite layered rendering, which will save time.  I'll even be able to use HDRIs as I'll be able to use Iray View mode to position the dome and scene elements a little easier.  Time to get those Iray HDRI skies off the wishlist.

Already consolidated my desktop so it will be easy to transfer files over to a temp backup drive Have all the installers for my programmes in a separate folder ready for a clean install of my programmes once the new drive and OS is installed. Fortunately all my content runtimes and libraries are on a different drive so I won't have to deal with reinstalling and rebuilding them.

Considering a 6 core 3.06 GHz (3.46 GHz turbo) Xeon X5675 as the last upgrade (uses the same socket as my i7 930) to get 4 more threads for Carrara, and a little more boost in the CPU speed. for under 50$.  That will be as much as I can do for the old girl but should give me the overhead I need for a while longer.

When you reinstall the DIM, and point it to all the paths to your libraries, you will see (probably) thousands of items in the "Ready to install" tab.  There should be a way to tell the DIM that those items are already installed.  However, I don't think it would work.  Part of installing the items is adding them to the database for the smart content.  So, you have to let it reinstall them.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

When you reinstall the DIM, and point it to all the paths to your libraries, you will see (probably) thousands of items in the "Ready to install" tab.  There should be a way to tell the DIM that those items are already installed.  However, I don't think it would work.  Part of installing the items is adding them to the database for the smart content.  So, you have to let it reinstall them.

Dana

If you save DIM's ManifestFiles folder from the old install, putting those files in the new ManifestFiles folder will tell DIM what was installed.  You can re-import metadata in either DIM or DS to restore the database entries.

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Who said that?  Where?

Dana

So lots of people are talking about me?  They ARE out to get me!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited November 2017

As long as we're talking about getting new computers... Remember I saved $470 (actually closer to $600 after taxes, auction fees, shipping) at the on-line auction a few days ago by not buying my heart's desire.  That means I could buy perhaps 1/3 of a proper computer. frown  I should'a bought the bronze statue of Perseus and Pegasus.  The joy would last longer. sad (regret has arrived)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited November 2017

Complaint:  For me it's gonna be an interesting next week.  Sunday is my birthday.  Two days later I go in for surgery to ream out my willy (again).  Two days later it's Thanksgiving and I'm not sure I'll feel like walking upright, being jolly and being conversational at the big meal.  Then the next day is Black Friday.  Wheeee,... fun week.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Complaint:  For me it's gonna be an interesting next week.  Sunday is my birthday.  Two days later I go in for surgery to ream out my willy (again).  Two days later it's Thanksgiving and I'm not sure I'll feel like walking upright, being jolly and being conversational at the big meal.  Then the next day is Black Friday.  Wheeee,... fun week.

Happy almost Birthday

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,361

Complaint: My b-day was on Monday. I am having prostate surgery on the 27th (1st day of deer gun season, so there goes another yr with no  meat). I will have a 1-3 day hospital stay. I will be down of 6-8 weeks. Full recover isn't for 2 yrs

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Who said that?  Where?

Dana

Catch 22 movie?

kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

cinnamon whisky?  warm soggy bones 

• frank0314 said:

Complaint: My b-day was on Monday. I am having prostate surgery on the 27th (1st day of deer gun season, so there goes another yr with no  meat). I will have a 1-3 day hospital stay. I will be down of 6-8 weeks. Full recover isn't for 2 yrs

Hugs!  Looks like it's prostate season for some of us. surprise

cat cozy dreaming bout this cozy 

the Empress tea strainer 

cozies get cuter and cuter heart

tablet cozies?

embroidery covers for tablets

• Mistara said:

Happy almost Birthday

Thanks.  Whenever I want to remind myself how old I am I just take a look a Prince Charles.  He's just 5 days older than me.  My mother used to tell the story that when she was near term pregnant with me she heard on the radio that Princess Elizabeth took a walk in her court garden despite being pregnant.  My mother quiped back that "Hell, I was out weeding my garden". devil

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...I pretty much know what I have installed so I'm just going to ignore that and not waste a day or more having it reinstall everything.  The only installs I will do is if there is anything new in the update section and plugins as the latter reside on the C Drive with the programme. Also still running 4.9 which has been experiencing issues with knowing the database is up and running even though it appears in Task Manager as "running" and the port number shows up in the the Daz programme preferences.  I really don't use Smart Content anyway as it takes up too much display real estate and I have a custom runtime library setup on D: which makes it simple to locate content (particularly older content and freebies).

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

If you save DIM's ManifestFiles folder from the old install, putting those files in the new ManifestFiles folder will tell DIM what was installed.  You can re-import metadata in either DIM or DS to restore the database entries.

...already planning to do that.  Have a 32 GB USB stick to back items like that up on.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Saw justice league tonight.  Now trying to go to bed.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited November 2017

Was it good? I've been waffling because of MoS and BvS but Wonder Woman was so great and they have Hot Aquaman.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited November 2017
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

Who said that?  Where?

Dana

So lots of people are talking about me?  They ARE out to get me!

...I think they're out to get me, at least those behind the wheel seem to be. 

So I headed over to the local Safeway a few blocks away to get a couple things to tie me over for next couple days.  On my way back I come to an intersection with a one way street. needless to say I still look both ways and it was good I did as this car pulls out of an enclosed car park about 2/3rds the way down the block turns the wrong way, accelerates, and heads right at me (appearing that it would not stop) as I am in the crosswalk. I put both hands up to make them stop (thinking is it just a wayward motorist who wasn't aware of the fact) and then pointed in the opposite direction while shouting they were going the wrong way.  When I again point in the proper direction the driver rolled down her window (a young well dressed lady in her late 20s/early 30s) and in an impatient voice said she was only going to the cross street I was on where she wanted to turn, which meant she was doing this deliberately (makes me wonder how many times she previously pulled this stunt).  I again reiterated she was going the wrong way after which she rolled forward nearly nudging my leg with her bumper. After I stepped up on the opposite curb she wheeled around made her turn, then turned left at the next intersection (with no signal and rolling through the stop sign there) only to get stuck at the by a red light at the intersection another block down (a minor karmic victory I guess)

What really irritated me was her total carelessness, laziness, and attitude like it was her privilege to break the law whenever she felt like it (and possibly injure or even kill someone who wasn't expecting it).  I mean she had an engine, power steering, she was are inside dry and warm (it began raining on my way home), probably listening to her favourite tunes. Was it that difficult and strenuous to drive around the block the right way to get to where she wanted to go?

...sheesh kids these days, no respect for their elders or the law.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Was it good? I've been waffling because of MoS and BvS but Wonder Woman was so great and they have Hot Aquaman.

Better than BvS in my opinion.

frank0314 said:

Complaint: My b-day was on Monday.

...happy belated recent annual trip around our central stellar primary.

frank0314 said:

I am having prostate surgery on the 27th (1st day of deer gun season, so there goes another yr with no  meat). I will have a 1-3 day hospital stay. I will be down of 6-8 weeks. Full recover isn't for 2 yrs

Ugh that doesn't sound enjoyable at all.  Used to remember that season back in Wisconsin. The only trouble, there is many of the other hunters include a case of beer and/or bottle of  whiskey with their hunting gear.  Even wearing day glow orange doesn't make you necessarily safe.

Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

...actually got a nice bottle of Irish whiskey a week ago. Perfect for the chilly damp evenings we've been experiencing.

Tried that cinnamon stuff...ick and poo.  Often it is made with cheap whiskey that already burns when going down.

• NVIATWASNVIATWAS Posts: 1,242

WINCE.  I'd rather go through having an injection in my eye again than anyone attacking Mr. Happy!!! WINCE.

• kyoto kid said:
    Mistara said:
    kyoto kid said:
    NVIATWAS said:
    Mistara said:

sky is dripping

...actually got a nice bottle of Irish whiskey a week ago. Perfect for the chilly damp evenings we've been experiencing.

Tried that cinnamon stuff...ick and poo.  Often it is made with cheap whiskey that already burns when going down.

Try it in cider. wink

edited November 2017

...now that could possibly make a toddy using hot cider.  My one concern though is it "real" cinnamon they use or "arôme artificiel"?

This discussion has been closed.