Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2017

Never mind, I figured out my problem thanks

Post edited by Redz on
  • Two questions.

Does 3D paint not work on Genesis 3 models? I can successfully get it to work on virtually everything including Genesis 2. But when attempting to use the 3D paint brush on any G3 model the brush doesn't respond. I'm able to fill the maps with full or 0 density just fine, its just the brush that doesn't work.

Also I'm getting constant crashes. Not consistent, it can happen pretty much doing anything. Importing an object from studio, changing shave groups, or even sometimes just when I try to create a new LMAH object. I guess maybe this is due to the versions of DS and LMAH I'm running?

DS 4.10 and LMAH 1.6.0.1

The rare occasion where I'm able to successfully export the results are absolutely fantastic, so I hope I can get these issues figured out.

Thanks

• 3D paint doesn't work on Genesis 3 because of the way the UV layout is set up; I assume G8 is the same, but I haven't tried it.  There is a way to do a quick fix and get Genesis 3 paintable, but I don't remember the specifics; it has something to do with exporting Genesis 3 as an obj with the "collapse UV tiles" button selected, and then re-importing somehow as a new UV preset.  You just select that UV preset in the surfaces tab afterwards, and then your character is paintable.  There was a tutorial I found online that said how to do it, but I wasn't able to find it again for you.  Hope someone else who knows can point you better.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Bonjour

I have bought Look at my Hair full commercial product

I have a lmh file for adding fur on HiveWire cat but when i try LAMH plugin for  using it DAZStudio crash ,. L have trry some others lmh files Same result

I thought that this problem would be corrected with version 4,10 of DAZStudio but not: same problem

I have talk about it in the forum and send the log file to the developper without solution until now

when the fur is still on the product  it is ok but i can not add some 

Some idea about solving this? can i put the fur on the cat without using LAMH plugin ?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Just a stab in the dark, do you have both the free lamh player installed as well as the commercial plugin?

Just the commercial plugin The free player isn't there

• Glad you solved it, Drazedy!

I'm not sure what the issue might be, Martial, I just tried to load the same presets as you did, and I had no problem at all.  I am using DAZ Studio 4.1 as well, so theoretically everything should have worked the same.  If you want to change from the long hair to the short hair or vice versa, delete the HiveWire Housecat LAMH group from the Scene tab in Studio before you load the next preset; that should keep Studio from crashing, if you are having problems with it crashing when you try to load a second preset.

edited November 2017

Thanks  VortigensBane for your comment

i cannot load the hair-fur at all , long or short

i have many AM figures ( beaver, fox, racoon, rodent, wolf.....) they have Iray version,LAMH version, standard version...When they are inside a scene , they are all correct with fur  and they are rendered perfectly

But i cannot use the plugin to put some presets fur on other animals like the Hirewise cat. Each time DAZStudio crash

ScreenShot001.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 228K
    Post edited by Martial on
  • Martial said:

Thanks  VortigensBane for your comment

i cannot load the hair-fur at all , long or short

i have many AM figures ( beaver, fox, racoon, rodent, wolf.....) they have Iray version,LAMH version, standard version...When they are inside a scene , they are all correct with fur  and they are rendered perfectly

But i cannot use the plugin to put some presets fur on other animals like the Hirewise cat. Each time DAZStudio crash

Hi Martial, I can't try with any HW models because I don't have any, but with all the other figures I have, like Genesis or some of the DAZ animals for example, it works for me without issues.

• If it is just the HiveWire Housecat preset that causes Studio to crash, perhaps try re-downloading the LAMH preset, in case the download got corrupted somehow.  Another thought is that if you changed the resolution of the cat from the default, the preset will not load properly, which might cause crashing.  I'm not really an expert, but those are things that have caused Studio to crash for me before.

Thanks

I have tried with maybe 2-3 new files (downloaded free from HiveWire )for fur presets for the cat.  I just have no other lmh for try

Anyway i just do a test and realise that the cat is loading in the LAMH interface  and it just crash before i can select the lmh file ,just when i click on the icone for loading it

See capture screens

LAMH.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 604K
    LAMH2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 562K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Any word on a significant update to LAMH?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I would very much like a LAMH Catalyst Preset editor so I can convert Genesis Mouse (or make new Genesis Mouse LAMH Preset) the obj export just doesn't fly because of DAZ locking up or the oodles of time spent on export/import only to notice, nah, need to change the pose or the scale or the ...

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

Get activation code from website, enter it and the serial number to register full version of LAMH, close DAZ Studio, reopen it aaaand....LAMH wants me to go through this again. I've done it twice. Anyone managed to get it to work on 4.10.0.107 64-bit?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Odaa said:

Get activation code from website, enter it and the serial number to register full version of LAMH, close DAZ Studio, reopen it aaaand....LAMH wants me to go through this again. I've done it twice. Anyone managed to get it to work on 4.10.0.107 64-bit?

I have had it working in 4.10.0.107 64bit but have since upgraded to 4.10.0.123 64 bit.

Thank you, nonesuch00, I managed to get it working, although I have no idea what I did right versus what I did wrong on the previous attempts.

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320
    edited January 2018

Can you do fluffy feathers with this yet? I'm wanting to use the Songbird owl but I really need to to be fluffy and not... plasticy. (Open to suggestions for better owls if anyone has any if LAMH can't do it)

Post edited by FWIW on
  • If you have a feather model to start out with, you can use LAMH to created instanced geometry rather than hair fibers.  I've been wanting to try it for a long time, but I never got around to modelling a feather...

• DouglasDouglas Posts: 2
    edited February 2018

-

Post edited by Douglas on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

I'm having a problem with activation, I've had the full LAMH for a while and its been fine, but today when I tried to use it, it asked for activation. I went throught the process, shut DS reopened it tried using the Editor and it again asked me to activate, tried this a few times; tried unistalling LAMH still no joy, its not saving the activation.

• scorpio said:

I'm having a problem with activation, I've had the full LAMH for a while and its been fine, but today when I tried to use it, it asked for activation. I went throught the process, shut DS reopened it tried using the Editor and it again asked me to activate, tried this a few times; tried unistalling LAMH still no joy, its not saving the activation.

hi, please email me the data the shows up in your activation window, I will check it for you. One thing that usually happens is pasting strings with extra spaces. My email is in the signature.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    scorpio said:

hi, please email me the data the shows up in your activation window, I will check it for you. One thing that usually happens is pasting strings with extra spaces. My email is in the signature.

Thank you, I'll do that in the morning as its late here in the UK.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Is there any way to import guidehairs from some other source? I'd particularly love a way to import Fibermesh from Zbrush into LAMH.

• The LAMH program continually crashes. I have asked for a refund.

If the author releases a new, stable version, I will revisit LAMH.

It is a great pity; I had high hopes for this product.

• Dr ForkDr Fork Posts: 41
    edited March 2018

Hello - I am having the same problem that Odaa reported although I have not had any miraculous recovery. Four different "Personal Code"s show up in the Activation pane but it won't allow me to paste or type in the correct numbers.  I get into a loop of trying to activate, close down Studio, open Studio; and the Activate box shows up again and never allows me to activate.  LAMH worked fine until I upgraded to Studio 4.10.0.107.  Is there any way to use LAMH with the Stuio update?  Thanks for any help in advance!

Post edited by Dr Fork on
  • Dr Fork said:

Hello - I am having the same problem that Odaa reported although I have not had any miraculous recovery. Four different "Personal Code"s show up in the Activation pane but it won't allow me to paste or type in the correct numbers.  I get into a loop of trying to activate, close down Studio, open Studio; and the Activate box shows up again and never allows me to activate.  LAMH worked fine until I upgraded to Studio 4.10.0.107.  Is there any way to use LAMH with the Stuio update?  Thanks for any help in advance!

You probably are pasting number sequences with extra spaces at the beginning or end, check it is not that the issue. If you like you can also email me (see my signature), I can help you with it.

Dr Fork said:

You probably are pasting number sequences with extra spaces at the beginning or end, check it is not that the issue. If you like you can also email me (see my signature), I can help you with it.

No, that's not it as I am very careful to avoid any empty spaces.  I guess I will eMail to your address...

Dr Fork said:
    Dr Fork said:

No, that's not it as I am very careful to avoid any empty spaces.  I guess I will eMail to your address...

I think I ultimately decided I was pasting one of the codes in the wrong place-like I was putting the code from furrythings website in the slot where the serial number from Daz needed to go.

No...   I think Alessandro_AM had to reset something at his end, but LAMH is working again... although I can no longer open any of my older scene files that have LAMH used in them without Studio crashing. Thanks much for your interest.