3D Printing Plugin for Daz Studio - GamePrint [Commercial]

Comments

• See if I got this right, from what you qouted

Anything I buy on daz (characters, clothing ect) that I want to use in a 3d print I will need to get a 3d license from the artist that makes them. Which allows me to produce 20 prints for sale? Did oyu see anything about a license for Daz Original content? 

BeeMKay said:

There's news in the EULA about commercial 3D print. It now has a section in 1.0 subpoint four that says

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Aha. They agree with the logic of commercial resale. This is good business for them, and I hope it works out for Daz and the vendor. 

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982
    edited October 2017

See if I got this right, from what you qouted

Anything I buy on daz (characters, clothing ect) that I want to use in a 3d print I will need to get a 3d license from the artist that makes them. Which allows me to produce 20 prints for sale? Did oyu see anything about a license for Daz Original content? 

BeeMKay said:

There's news in the EULA about commercial 3D print. It now has a section in 1.0 subpoint four that says

Yes, the way I understand it is that you'll have to buy a license for 3D printing you'll need to buy an extra license if you want to sell that 3D print.

You can read the EULA for yourself, I just quoted the section, there's nothing specific about DOs in it. https://www.daz3d.com/eula

But as DAZ Originals means that DAZ bought the item from the PA, and DAZ would be a vendor like any other PA in that case, it means that you'd probably have to buy a license for DAZ Originals if you want to print&sell them, same as the others.  But that is just speculation, and my understanding od the terms. The way it's phrased could also indicate that you have to purchase a 3D lisense for every single item you use. But again, that is speculation, you'd either have to as CS to specify, or wait until they actually roll out such lisenses to know for sure.

Here's the part about 3D print from the EULA section 1:

"The creation of three-dimensional physical representations (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use by the User. Additionally, the user may not grant other entities or individuals the right to produce such physical representations of the Content except for the sole purpose of providing the print to the User for their personal use.

Some Content offers User the ability to purchase an add-on license for Commercial 3D Printing. The additional rights granted to User for a specific piece of Content due to the purchase of such an add-on license is outlined in the 5.0 Addendum to this Agreement.

All other rights with respect to the Content and its use are reserved by DAZ and its licensors."

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • Just got a response from daz concerning section 5. This is what they wrote

"I apologize for the unintentional confusion. We are very close to implementing the 3D commercial print license. This version of the EULA was not supposed to be released just yet."

So at least we know they are working on something

Thanks. smiley

I guess that's part of the big licenseing surprise we're going to get towards the end of the year. cheekywink

• Thanks for the quick response. It appears you missed the joke about the life size nude models, thats ok I am sure someone, other than myself, found it funny.

Heh, it gave me a genuine LOL moment, especially the "asking for a friend" bit. smiley

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited November 2017

The good news is that we can sell our customized figures.

Problem is that if each PA puts their fees too high then this will force us to charge ridiciolous premiums for finished products.

$300 (if you include $50 for yourself) is already pretty steep for basic figure if you create all content by yourself.

Post edited by Tryhard on
  • GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

[Update: Single Color and Primed now available!]

After hearing from the community we decided to launch a new update on the site that will also be reflected on the plugin as well but you can now order single and primed prints for an introductory price of $99

You can use our plugin normally and change your selection to single color or primed once you are on the site, we do support black, silver, gold and bronze colors.

We also enhanced the speed of submission so now you can submit the file and it will process on the site and still you can continue with the checkout process without waiting.

The introductory price will be available for limited time only and we are also giving free shipping in celebration of our launch, if you have a plan to order one then it is a good time to order and save on the print and shipping wink 

Can't wait to see your creations comes to the real world!.

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • Where do you ship from? I thought I seen someone on here talking about they had to go to the post office and show ID to get their package.

• Where do you ship from? I thought I seen someone on here talking about they had to go to the post office and show ID to get their package.

We ship from Poland and we haven't seen this case before, who are you refering to? can you send me a link to the post? 

• Would like to give a big thanks to everyone who contributed to the launch of single color and primed getting accelarated, special thanks to:

@Hanabi
    @AllenArt
    @DestinysGarden
    @Toonces
    @caravelle
    @wsterdan
    @RawArt
    @SimonJM
    @dynagirlsdaddy_c70e7535d2

• Yay! I'll be ordering soon! This will cover at least on of my Christmas presents!

Would still adore tiny sizes so I can create my custom army!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    GamePrint said:

Would like to give a big thanks to everyone who contributed to the launch of single color and primed getting accelarated, special thanks to:

@Hanabi
    @AllenArt
    @DestinysGarden
    @Toonces
    @caravelle
    @wsterdan
    @RawArt
    @SimonJM
    @dynagirlsdaddy_c70e7535d2

Not sure what I did, but will accept any and all credit! smileydevilcheeky

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554

Looking forward to the collectible size prints.

that would depend on the country 

is pretty normal here in Australia in fact I prefer it given the risk of packages being stolen.

• GamePrint said:

Where do you ship from? I thought I seen someone on here talking about they had to go to the post office and show ID to get their package.

We ship from Poland and we haven't seen this case before, who are you refering to? can you send me a link to the post? 

Sorry for late response had to find the post. Started on page 1 and it was on page 9. The following post was made by BeeMKey on page 9 of this thread.

"Well, to be honest, that wasn't as much about shipping to my location, but about interntional shipping in general. Since you'll also export to the US, and other countries, it would be only fair to warn people that they will have to make a visit to their local customs office, and bring the VAT money, and whatever else fees, with them. It would perhaps be helpful if you added that type of information - especially for those who don't order from abroad often."

I was wrong about the showing ID part, not sure what I was thinking there.

•  

​I ordered, mostley books, form overseas before, They normally just hsow up at my door. I was not sure if there was some sort of issue for resin based products. Just want to make sure I know what I am getting into when ordering, my customs office is a good distance away

th3Digit said:

is pretty normal here in Australia in fact I prefer it given the risk of packages being stolen.

The problem is usually more often than not that the sending vendor didn't add the paperwork at the outside of the package in those nifty plastic bags. If the paperwork is just inside the package, or incomplete, the postal service will single out the shipment and hand it over to customs, and you have to show up at your local customs office. You'd also be expected to bring along your ID, a bill/invoice and confirmation of payment... And you'll probably also have to pay a tax fee on shipping costs on top of the VAT. The customs office will open the package in your presence and check through the content with you, and when they are satisfied, you'll be handed the package and the bill for immideate payment at the custom office's cashier...

Bringing the bill and payment information with you is important, as they'll otherwise google for comparative prices and that can get ouchy.

But normally, as long as the paperwork is attached properly, postal service will handle the VAT stuff and you can pick up things at the postal office.... of course, even with proper paperwork, the package can end up at customs office, there's no guarantee.

GamePrint said:

After hearing from the community we decided to launch a new update on the site that will also be reflected on the plugin as well but you can now order single and primed prints for an introductory price of $99

You can use our plugin normally and change your selection to single color or primed once you are on the site, we do support black, silver, gold and bronze colors.

We also enhanced the speed of submission so now you can submit the file and it will process on the site and still you can continue with the checkout process without waiting.

The introductory price will be available for limited time only and we are also giving free shipping in celebration of our launch, if you have a plan to order one then it is a good time to order and save on the print and shipping wink 

That's great news! Just out of curiousity, what is the price going to be after the introduction price has run out?

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    GamePrint said:

Great news,

"tested" the preview of the Model I already submitted in single-color and primer -  The preview on your site is ignoring transparency (hidden surfaces)

• After reading about your company being overseas and the whole customs issues and such, it's unfortunately looking less likely that I'll order anything. It'd be tough enough to scrape together the cash for a print, but if I'd have to go to a customs office(and to my knowledge there are none anywhere near where I live), and likely have to pay even more money just to get the thing in my hands, I'm gonna unfortunately have to pass. Hope it works out for you guys though.

edited November 2017

After reading about your company being overseas and the whole customs issues and such, it's unfortunately looking less likely that I'll order anything. It'd be tough enough to scrape together the cash for a print, but if I'd have to go to a customs office(and to my knowledge there are none anywhere near where I live), and likely have to pay even more money just to get the thing in my hands, I'm gonna unfortunately have to pass. Hope it works out for you guys though.

Dynagirlsdaddy, the customs office is normally just an issue if the paperwork is not set up properly outside of the package. I'll assume that GamePrint knows how to properly prepare packages; otherwise you'd have heared about this from the Beta testers.

Normally, the VAT and taxes for such packages are collected by the postal office.

• I do not think there is any real customs issues. I only raised that question becasue I miss understood and wrongly remembered the wording of BeeMKays posting. 

After reading about your company being overseas and the whole customs issues and such, it's unfortunately looking less likely that I'll order anything. It'd be tough enough to scrape together the cash for a print, but if I'd have to go to a customs office(and to my knowledge there are none anywhere near where I live), and likely have to pay even more money just to get the thing in my hands, I'm gonna unfortunately have to pass. Hope it works out for you guys though.

• BeeMKay said:
    GamePrint said:

That's great news! Just out of curiousity, what is the price going to be after the introduction price has run out?

It will be around $120 

• HoMart said:
    GamePrint said:

Great news,

"tested" the preview of the Model I already submitted in single-color and primer -  The preview on your site is ignoring transparency (hidden surfaces)

These are going to be fixed during the review process, our team will get your final okey if there is something that might not seem right. 

• BeeMKay said:

Dynagirlsdaddy, the customs office is normally just an issue if the paperwork is not set up properly outside of the package. I'll assume that GamePrint knows how to properly prepare packages; otherwise you'd have heared about this from the Beta testers.

Normally, the VAT and taxes for such packages are collected by the postal office.

Yes, thats true. we haven't encountred any issues during all the beta testing phase and we are actually using DHL for shipping and working with them to make the process very smooth.

• After reading about your company being overseas and the whole customs issues and such, it's unfortunately looking less likely that I'll order anything. It'd be tough enough to scrape together the cash for a print, but if I'd have to go to a customs office(and to my knowledge there are none anywhere near where I live), and likely have to pay even more money just to get the thing in my hands, I'm gonna unfortunately have to pass. Hope it works out for you guys though.

Where are you based? we shipped to both Europe and USA and no one faced issues before, we are using DHL and working with them to make the process as smooth as possible.

•  

​I ordered, mostley books, form overseas before, They normally just hsow up at my door. I was not sure if there was some sort of issue for resin based products. Just want to make sure I know what I am getting into when ordering, my customs office is a good distance away

th3Digit said:

We haven't encounterted such issues with anyone before and we are working with DHL for delivery so it should be a smooth experience

edited November 2017
    GamePrint said:
    BeeMKay said:

Yes, thats true. we haven't encountred any issues during all the beta testing phase and we are actually using DHL for shipping and working with them to make the process very smooth.

Ah, then I do feel a lot better about the entire shipping procedure. I'm currently fixing up a pattern design on one character at the moment before I feel safe for having it printed, but I hope to be able to order something from you sometime during November.

• Looking forward to the collectible size prints.

We released the 7 inch collectible option today on the site and soon we will be releasing other sizes.