OT: Star Trek Discovery

1234568»

Comments

• Wasn't there a discussion in Vulcan in the opening episode of Enterprise, with the Vulcan delegation looking on while Phlox(if that's how his name is written) operated on the injured Klingon?

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

Unexpectedly, 'Warcraft' did languages very well, with a smooth transition from subtitles to establish an Orc language to English speech in a context that made it clear that they were still speaking Orcish.  And the English the humans were speaking offscreen became unintelligible.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

I've watched a few more episodes, and thankfully I'm warming up to it.  The writing has gotten better.  I suppose they'd have to try to do worse though.  laugh

Thinking back about it I still don't understand how the writing for the first two episodes is so bad.  Anyone that has written it off from those two dumpster fire of episodes just hang in there for 2 or 3 more.

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,763

Gotta say, I am enjoying how that dude who injected himself with the bugbear dna is changing...i am curious to see how they will let him evolve in later episodes. Cuz there is definitely something going on.

....and dont trust that new security officer yet....still think he can a spy for the klingons or something nasty like that because he is embedding himself deep with the key people.  (also think how pissed off the next guy in line for chief of security feels...years of dedication to be ousted by this new guy LOL)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    wsterdan said:
    Butch said:
    Butch said:

One major bugbear for me, Pickard spoke in his native british accent, why can't Lorca? 

The actor said in an interview that he didn't want to use his british accent because he felt American audiences would associate that accent to much with Piccard and he didn't want any confusion between the two characters as far as their personalities go.

So, they think american audiences can't tell the difference between two different actors?  The actors look different, sound different and are in different tv shows.

I think he means it’s more that it might seem like the second actor might appear to be trying to be a second-rate Picard and is trying to distance himself from that.

— Walt Sterdan

That's what I'm assuming he meant.

• mikekmikek Posts: 192
    RawArt said:

Gotta say, I am enjoying how that dude who injected himself with the bugbear dna is changing...i am curious to see how they will let him evolve in later episodes. Cuz there is definitely something going on.

My guess is the writers will use him to explain why the technology seems to be unknown later in the universe. It's way to powerfull to fit while having currently zero drawbacks. With a teleport anywhere technology the whole voyager series would be pointless, empires could easily deploy their whole armada behind enemy lines and leave moments later or just drop off bombs between enemy lines. Just imagine what the Borg would do with a couple cubes having that technology.