keyMate - Commercial - Released

12346»

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2017

I just got Keymate and it's definitely a must have plugin. A bit of a shame that you have to buy things that are SO essential.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Yes, I agree Keymate is a must have if you plan to use Daz Studio for animation. You should also look into Graphmate as well. Being able to see and adjust the animation curves is very useful. I've used both since 2012 and I'm relatively happy with them.

Why not 100% happy...well I do think there are some issues that the vendor needs to adress:

1) Keymate needs a more advanced set of selection tools. I get really annoyed with having to dig down into they whole scene and figure hierachy to select the animation track that I'm looking for. I should be able to filter the Keymate "name" area to help with selections. Some examples for instance; show only selected object,show only animated tracks, auto select track of selected object (if I select the head in the Daz studio viewport, or Scene Tab then Keymate should automatically expand the hierarchy and focus the selection in the "name" area. Things like this would make working in Keymate much more effective and enjoyable, and of course these filter would be have on-off toggle option.

2) I have noticed that Keymate seems to miss keying facial expression morphs. I always set a key for facial expression on the regular timeline as well.

3) The product has not been updated in many years, maybe since I bought it in 2012 and the website is very outdated. I even wonder if the vendor is still around?

But anyway I'm glad I bought it way back then. I just wish they would upgrade it.

Enjoy it!

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    bcmorris said:

Yes, I agree Keymate is a must have if you plan to use Daz Studio for animation. You should also look into Graphmate as well. Being able to see and adjust the animation curves is very useful. I've used both since 2012 and I'm relatively happy with them.

Why not 100% happy...well I do think there are some issues that the vendor needs to adress:

1) Keymate needs a more advanced set of selection tools. I get really annoyed with having to dig down into they whole scene and figure hierachy to select the animation track that I'm looking for. I should be able to filter the Keymate "name" area to help with selections. Some examples for instance; show only selected object,show only animated tracks, auto select track of selected object (if I select the head in the Daz studio viewport, or Scene Tab then Keymate should automatically expand the hierarchy and focus the selection in the "name" area. Things like this would make working in Keymate much more effective and enjoyable, and of course these filter would be have on-off toggle option.

2) I have noticed that Keymate seems to miss keying facial expression morphs. I always set a key for facial expression on the regular timeline as well.

3) The product has not been updated in many years, maybe since I bought it in 2012 and the website is very outdated. I even wonder if the vendor is still around?

But anyway I'm glad I bought it way back then. I just wish they would upgrade it.

Enjoy it!

Simply adding a search bar to Keymate would make it 100 times easier to use. I don't know how they overlooked including such a basic feature. If I could simply type the name of the node I need in a search bar in the Keymate pane, I could work with it so much faster.

• NSFW said:
    bcmorris said:

Yes, I agree Keymate is a must have if you plan to use Daz Studio for animation. You should also look into Graphmate as well. Being able to see and adjust the animation curves is very useful. I've used both since 2012 and I'm relatively happy with them.

Enjoy it!

Simply adding a search bar to Keymate would make it 100 times easier to use. I don't know how they overlooked including such a basic feature. If I could simply type the name of the node I need in a search bar in the Keymate pane, I could work with it so much faster.

Are you thinking something like shown in the image?  You can try it out if you like and have Win64 and a keyMate license:

keyMate.dll -> https://app.box.com/s/oimoeman0eme6althmtywjqdkzgmn5kq

ss1.png
    1219 x 368 - 13K
  • bcmorrisbcmorris Posts: 8
    edited October 2017
    NSFW said:
    bcmorris said:

Enjoy it!

Are you thinking something like shown in the image?  You can try it out if you like and have Win64 and a keyMate license:

@ammon_fde0d92863

Hmm...It's a step in the right direction, thanks ammon!yes

I have noticed a problem though. What if I have more than one Figure in the scene (my current scene has about 8 or ten) and I type "Head" to get the Head node of a specific character...well I get a very long list of nodes called "Head". Not only does the name list include all the Figure "Head" nodes but every piece of clothing as well, as clothing also have nodes called "Head". I guess I could rename the specific nodes that I plan on animating, but that's not too elegant.

Also, I'm wondering if there is a way to do a compound (or boolean) search string, sorry I'm not sure of the terminology. But an example woud by typing something like "Genesis3/Head" would only list the "Head" node of the Genesis 3 figure. Or typing something like "Genesis 3-Camera2" would list the keys for the Genesis 3 figure and Camera2.

But don't get me wrong I am very very grateful for this Filter and I do plan to use it THANKS again. I just throwing a few ideas out there wink

By the way...do you work for GoFigure?  Oh I see that  you are connected to GoFigure.

Post edited by bcmorris on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited October 2017

Yes Key mate is useful for keyframe corrections . But I use graphmate more than keymate. Also Animate 2 has basicly the same feature as keymate,  if you right-click the animate 2 timeline your working on you can break the keyframes down to the individual frames on each timeline & sub timeline you are working on as well. & if you double click the aniblock your working with, you can edit each keyframe that way as well. . Plus you can also add a sub timeline, remove frames motions in aniblocks. and add empty aniblocks on a sub-timeline to existing aniblocks ,which is great to make minor corrections such as for feet slipping etc.extra arm bends etc.. so as where keymate is awesome, specially if your are just working with keyframes.  I find myself doing the same things in  animate2 faster because I'm not jumping between editors and once you bake your keyframes to the times it all becomes a moot point anyway.  . I find that graphmate is a lot more useful for my needs , its great for make believable motion curves and bends, even though animate2 has a graphc editor , it does now allow for more that one curve correction at a time. so that why graph mate is alot more handy to me,.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited October 2017

Like this?

Hand|Camera -> give you hand or Camera in the name somewhere

Genesis/Hand -> gives you anything with Hand in it that also has something with a Parent of exactly Genesis .

Same link has changes.

ss2.png
    1221 x 367 - 13K
    Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
    NSFW said:
    bcmorris said:

Enjoy it!

This is awesome! Thanks!

The filter box does not show up for me. I copied the dll to:

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

Is that the wrong place?

Oh, nevermind, I see it needs to go in the plug-in directory, C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

It works now

• NSFW said:
    bcmorris said:

Enjoy it!

That sounds like a useful addition - thanks. yessmiley

• Did you all want case sensitive or case insensitive searching on that filter?  I am thinking it should be case insensitive.

Case insensitive would be better. Thank you for this. I used it last night, and it saves me a lot of time.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited October 2017

OK.  Case insensitve searching works well.  I also added a tool tip with examples on how to compound search

hand or camera

Genesis8Female/hand or camera or light

Win64 keyMate - https://app.box.com/s/oimoeman0eme6althmtywjqdkzgmn5kq

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on

Cool, just noticed that you updated it. Thanks again.

• OK.  Case insensitve searching works well.  I also added a tool tip with examples on how to compound search

hand or camera

This is very handy and saves a lot of time!

Thanks!!

• What is this "Reality Scene Data"? I've never seen this before. I tried to figure out what it was, and deleted everything from the scene one thing at a time. But its still there. These nodes don't correspond to anything in the scene.

Not sure if its related to the filter you created but this is strange.

keymate reality scene data.JPG
    1234 x 467 - 103K
  • NSFW said:

What is this "Reality Scene Data"? I've never seen this before. I tried to figure out what it was, and deleted everything from the scene one thing at a time. But its still there. These nodes don't correspond to anything in the scene.

Not sure if its related to the filter you created but this is strange.

Do you, or have you in the past, ever used the Reality plug-in to drive Luxrender, an external PBR rendering engine? If so, that's where it came from.

• I switched back to the old DLL to test. The reality scene data nodes (29 of them) are still there with the old keymate dll loaded, so its not related to your update. But I still can't figure out what created all these ghost nodes. I deleted everything out of the scene and they are still there. If I close Daz and reopen scene, they come back. Has anyone seen this before?

• NSFW said:

Do you, or have you in the past, ever used the Reality plug-in to drive Luxrender, an external PBR rendering engine? If so, that's where it came from.

No, never used it. I only ever render in iray.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,904

OK.  Case insensitve searching works well.  I also added a tool tip with examples on how to compound search

hand or camera

Dumb question: This  new version will be available through DAZ's library (Connect, DIM, Manual download from site library) or we have to come here everytime we need to reistall it?

• In the next month or so I will build for mac and win32 and then submit it to DAZ for general release.

edited November 2017
    FirePro9 said:

Thanks, I actually found this thread as well, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/157136/reality-scene-data ; which also suggested fixing the problem by saving as subset, and that did the trick.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • bcmorrisbcmorris Posts: 8

@ammon_fde0d92863, hello what about the keymate filter for MacOS?

• @ammon_fde0d928

That's really awesome to have this kind of coding talent. Thank you so much for sharing. Really damn useful.