keyMate - Commercial - Released

Comments

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 2012

@ Carnite Thanks for the info.

Saving pose presets seems to be a quick easy way to save custom keyMate work before importing to aniMate2.

I think I understand why AniMate2 has Studio key frames now. They are probably for animating OTHER objects that you don't have aniBlocks on!?

Post edited by Swawa3D on
  • carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 1969

The aniMate2 Studio Keys were an advancement on the DS Timeline window, because you could copy and paste keyframes. But yes, if you had aniBlocks, then they weren't useful.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

i like to create some easy ball animation.
    where can i find the keymate graph editor, can not find it?
    need it to tweak my ball motion.

some examples i use
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdhcdeURk8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Arx2Z90Dgk

• carolinebegbiecarolinebegbie Posts: 162
    edited December 2012

keyMate doesn't have a graph editor - those are Maya videos.

The full version of aniMate2 has a graph editor, but does not do spline interpolation with bezier handles.

The aniMate2 manual is here - the graph editor explanation is about 2/3 of the way down the page:

http://www.gofigure3d.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=86

(If you create aniMate2 aniBlocks with your keyMate animation, the interpolation from keyMate will not transfer to the aniBlock. A graph editor would be a very welcome addition to DS4.5.)

Post edited by carolinebegbie on
    edited December 1969

what no graph editor? how is that possible?

hope this is not the only new animators tool that daz promised.
    not a bad word to the developer, you attempted.

sorry, little disappointment. :down:

any news about people working on gephetto for DS4?

• CrimsonMagicCrimsonMagic Posts: 129
    edited December 1969

I had the hope that making objects visible/invisible or at least setting opacity would work with keyMate but it seems not.
    Any chance to get such feature or is this not possible at all with current DS 4.5.x version ?
    (Win7, DS 4.5.1.6 Pro 64Bit, keyMate 1.0.0.1)

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

I had the hope that making objects visible/invisible or at least setting opacity would work with keyMate but it seems not.
    Any chance to get such feature or is this not possible at all with current DS 4.5.x version ?

I know "visible in render" works out of the box.

The ability to animate the material properties would be very cool.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

>Go Figure

Now I think, without your tools, we new comer who want to learn and make animation in ds 4 and daz figures,
    can not reach the start point @@; so please keep follow and improve your key mate, and animate 2,
    I hope they can work on one timeline.

If Key mate become answer for edit Aniblock easy ,,,I want to remove daz timeline, never touch it,,,

Daz do not offer us any tool which can apply daz timeline more useful after they release daz studio 4.
    maybe "Animator" plug in was one answer before,, but it can not work on ds 4.

if I just play with obj (like cube or prop) ,, yes we may understand how daz timeline and key work,
    but about figure, which is DAZ strong point, , DS timeline seems no worth,,
    to grab how each node recorded on key , edit each value, then record them , rock the value,,,

I believe at start point to learn, not need so many pozing and even if I will know how to use, it is difficult to make good animation,
    but we can not find the way to make so simple exsercize animation for genesis @@;

(some bones rotation, and hip translation, and we may want to change and edit each node value only,
    and record it individual timeline as we can check easy it at same time,, ,,,)

Your Animate 2 , or KeyMate seems only answer about ds animation, so I hope they work together on one time line ^^;

edited December 1969

keyMate operates on the same keys as the DAZ Studio timeline. Animator did the same.

aniMate2 is a system unto itself. To do what i does It has to take control over the DAZ Studio keys. Trying to have two systems control the same properties at the same time is difficult. Most 3d packages that I am familiar with split up control in a somewhat similar way. Maya has its timeline and it Trax Editor. Blender has its timeline and its NLA system. MotionBuilder uses a slightly different approach and seems to be the most powerful. B

I think what those systems have found is that, some people want it one way, some people want it the other. I really fear merging the two into one system would likely muddle it for both camps and make everyone mad.

But, certainly improving the taking work from Studio Keys to aniMate2 would be good.

edited December 1969

OK,, I understand you said. :down:

then,,, about ds timeline,, it auto record if I move obj or figure on one frame,,
    (but I do not hope so,, I want , if I record the key, it just record the value. and if I tweak obj on the frame,
    untill I record the key, need to record the value. it is worng? )

now I am frastrating,, because,, if I want to change genesis x positon on 10 frame,
    to zero by X translation parameter icon reset,, it remove all key on another frames,, about x positon.

it is usuall? I can not imagine why it remove other frame recorded value,,,
    even though I use keymate, it seems same,,, I can not reset positon after set key.

edited December 1969

Go_Figure said:
    keyMate operates on the same keys as the DAZ Studio timeline. Animator did the same.

aniMate2 is a system unto itself. To do what i does It has to take control over the DAZ Studio keys. Trying to have two systems control the same properties at the same time is difficult. Most 3d packages that I am familiar with split up control in a somewhat similar way. Maya has its timeline and it Trax Editor. Blender has its timeline and its NLA system. MotionBuilder uses a slightly different approach and seems to be the most powerful. B

I think what those systems have found is that, some people want it one way, some people want it the other. I really fear merging the two into one system would likely muddle it for both camps and make everyone mad.

But, certainly improving the taking work from Studio Keys to aniMate2 would be good.

will keymate replace the daz standard timeline? i really hope it do.

the auto key record is a serious annoying daz problem. (you need option to turn it off)

OK,, I understand you said. :down:
    about ds timeline,, it auto record if I move obj or figure on one frame,,
    (but I do not hope so,, I want , if I record the key, it just record the value. and if I tweak obj on the frame,
    untill I record the key, need to record the value. it is worng? )

now I am frastrating,, because,, if I want to change genesis x positon on 10 frame,
    to zero by X translation parameter icon reset,, it remove all key on another frames,, about x positon.

• no_mstrno_mstr Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Go_Figure, I knew there must have been a good reason you weren't responding to all of the curve editor questions :-)

Well done my friend. Graphmate just made my night.

edited December 2012

Go_Figure, I knew there must have been a good reason you weren't responding to all of the curve editor questions :-)

:lol: Graphmate? where is it?

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
    edited December 1969

Go_Figure said:

I know "visible in render" works out of the box.

The ability to animate the material properties would be very cool.

morph, materials, motion paths for cams and lights
    it is also very important to have.

• no_mstrno_mstr Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

:lol: Graphmate? where is it?

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/graphmate

edited December 1969

See graphMate in action - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exjHJXAB8nA

edited December 2012

booooooooooooooooooooow

wao,,,actually there is graph mate already?!

why you did not release at same time ^^;

but anyway,, thank you to offer good tool for ds user,,

I am foolish customer,,, :ohh:

now I check video,, yes,, that is waht I suppse,, about keymate,, but it is graphmate ^^;
    ok,, I get it too.

but hope,,, please!!
    make simple tutorial for genesis exercize with some node,, by keymate and graphmate ^^;
    and some aniblocks for genesis which perfeclty much genesis rig,,,.
    and power up animate3 graph editor,,, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Omg, this is fantastic !
    Keymate and Graphmate are the killercombo that i needed in DS to do animation. Thank you, Go_Figure !

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Can graphMate's TCB tweaks be imported to AniMate2 correctly or are those changes lost? I know AniMate2 uses it's own system but I don't know if it's possible to convert on import.

Also do you think it's likely that keyMate will eventually be updated with an auto expand feature? Currently I find it way too slow to navigate when working with figures.

I'm a little annoyed that they were released so close together without informing us. Although they both add great functionality at a reasonable price so thanks for that.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

ow what a surprise %-P
    graphical key editor in studio.

now a full working control rig (Inverse, forward, circular) kinematics +full constraint setup in studio .
    and we can start talking to have fun with creating animates.

pm: i really hate the feet slide and problems with hip rotation included not working pin features.
    :roll:

edited December 1969

the serial for graphmate is it the same from keymate or?
    i just got 1 serial for keymate, but none for graphmate.
    and both ordered.

edited December 1969

Different serial numbers. I know it is a let down. I am confident it will be resolved soon.

edited December 1969

Go_Figure said:
    Different serial numbers. I know it is a let down. I am confident it will be resolved soon.

ok, no problem...
    created supportticket

and if you are working at daz...
    please do not forget the IK problems :-)

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

It's ridiculous the DS itself still nas no improved animation instruments.

edited December 2012

DAZ need GO Figure :vampire:

Daz must say thanks much Go Figure.
    because if he did not offer these tool,, DS is so weak tool for DAZ proud genesis figure :vampire:
    and DAZ need to say thanks much!! User who have waited long time
    and keep buying daz products!! with complaining ^^; Like ME!!

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
    edited December 1969

well thank you for you kind words. Of course, I do have to give a shout out to the DS SDK. Its very powerful. Many programs won't allow for adding UI stuff. Studio is very good in this regard.

edited December 1969

Serial number issue is resolved.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

Well, maybe I don't get it, but I still have trouble with character turns, in dancing that is, and I'm referring to a full 360-degree turn. If a do an animation like that, in DS or keyMate, and save it, then start a new file, and import the animation, and then import it again, the character starts to rotate back in the opposite direction with the second turn. Isn't there some way to stop this from happening? I want the character to make several turns int he same direction.

edited December 1969

If I understand and I am guessing on some of this:
    - you have a figure.
    - I am going to guess( in a very simplified form) you are rotating the root of the figure from [0 to 360].
    - You save that animation.
    - start new
    - You import that animation. Looks fine
    - You import again it an effort to get a 0 to 720 turn.

Here is what I think you need to do: On the second import, change the total number of frames to have at least 1 more and move the playhead forward in time 1 frame and then import.

The follow images sort of show what I am guessing(I can't know for sure) is happening.
    - First image shows the initial animation
    - Second shows the curve when importing. The end key of the first import get erased by the first key of the second import
    - The third image shows what you will get if you try my suggestion. It actually will look correct when you play the animation.

c.jpg
    1228 x 802 - 189K
    b.jpg
    1228 x 802 - 188K
    a.jpg
    1228 x 802 - 170K
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    edited December 1969

OK, well thanks for these suggestions. I will give this a try.