JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,114
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the JAS MelanieL :)

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

This round is on Jack I guess as he brought us a pub but it has no bar and most of all no taps (so he gets away really cheap this round too)!

edited December 1969

Totte said:

This round is on Jack I guess as he brought us a pub but it has no bar and most of all no taps (so he gets away really cheap this round too)!

lol... maybe no beer, but all the peanuts you can eat!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

We have another recruit that sneaked in...I must pay more attention...now what were you all saying. ;)

Welcome to the mad side of the forums MelanieL...Totte being the ring master of madness. ;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

lol... maybe no beer, but all the peanuts you can eat!now wasn't there a saying that mentions monkey, wages and peanuts...now what was that hummm. :) Oh now I remember I heard it in the house of commons.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    I love that building! What is it - bought or self-made?

One of many buildings I've got for Vue (dirt cheap through their CClub (much like DAZ PC), like 99c or so. I also bought a three building set.

You can see a lot of those [url=http://www.cornucopia3d.com/store.php?first=36&sel_type=Objects&sel_dir=Objects/Architecture/Mansions

...nice, but don't have Vue.
    @Kyoto and Melanie - I didn't have Vue until recently when I got a heads-up there's a free version  -->
    http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_11_pioneer/

I haven't installed it yet, but I was checking out the Mansions category at Cornucopia yesterday, and most of them said they're available for ALL versions. ;-)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I actually downloaded the PLE version of 11 infinite the other day. Just haven't installed it yet as I have a lot of other stuff still in the queue.

With MM over and on a somewhat tighter budget being unemployed,any purchases of new content have to be something I really need (like Sickle Yield's Rigging and Morphing System)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

An interior of the Dubious pub is necessary for a render with Jack, Totte and Szark toasting with beer. You know, the not-so-secret meeting of the Bald Wizard Club. I imagine Jack is a member, maybe an honorary one as well! The discussion? "How to turn 3D into gold" :lol:

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I definitely appreciate all your beautiful creations, Jack.

sailing_farewells.jpg
    875 x 780 - 469K
    edited December 1969

...nice.

Where did you find the kimono?

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Totte said:

lol... maybe no beer, but all the peanuts you can eat!

«All your beer are belong to us»

:lol: Couldn't resist...

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130
    edited April 2013

Szark said:
    We have another recruit that sneaked in...I must pay more attention...now what were you all saying. ;)

Welcome to the mad side of the forums MelanieL...Totte being the ring master of madness. ;)
    Thanks - but I've been a lurker for months (!) and posting since March (when I was lusting after Platea, which I did buy eventually - in fact Jack's store got a big chunk of my MM budget with 6 major items and a couple of PC ones) so although I may not be a Bald Wizard I have a pretty good invisibility cloak! :)
    ETA: I do my rendering on a non-internetted machine, so don't have much to hand, but here's something (not exactly a masterpiece, but hey!...) with Jack's buildings in

Morning-Leave-Taking-S.jpg
    1536 x 768 - 478K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Totte said:
    MelanieL said:
    I love that building! What is it - bought or self-made?

One of many buildings I've got for Vue (dirt cheap through their CClub (much like DAZ PC), like 99c or so. I also bought a three building set.

You can see a lot of those [url=http://www.cornucopia3d.com/store.php?first=36&sel_type=Objects&sel_dir=Objects/Architecture/Mansions

...nice, but don't have Vue.
    @Kyoto and Melanie - I didn't have Vue until recently when I got a heads-up there's a free version  -->
    http://www.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_11_pioneer/

I haven't installed it yet, but I was checking out the Mansions category at Cornucopia yesterday, and most of them said they're available for ALL versions. ;-)
    Thanks for this - I had Vue 8 Frontier, at least this one may have some extra features, though the linked page does say "You cannot import 3D models" - but I may give it a try when I have 600MB+ spare dl capacity

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nice.

Could be wrong but it looks like Princess Asia
    http://www.daz3d.com/princess-asia

edited December 1969

Now when you're into bridges Jack, when will we see a real Bailey bridge?
    (This one is located at the Pegasus bridge Museum outside Caen)

BaileyBridge.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 315K
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...nice.

Could be wrong but it looks like Princess Asia
    http://www.daz3d.com/princess-asia

Correct. :)

edited December 1969

...thanks, at the distance it looked a bit different. Considered it but the cut and ornamentation is more Imperial China than classic Japan.

Still hoping someone will come out with a traditional fitted furisode kimono. The dynamic one doesn't scale properly

edited April 2013

Ippotamus said:

Thanks!... Nice render btw :)

Post edited by Daz Jack Tomalin on
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Szark said:

Thanks - but I've been a lurker for months (!) and posting since March (when I was lusting after Platea, which I did buy eventually - in fact Jack's store got a big chunk of my MM budget with 6 major items and a couple of PC ones) so although I may not be a Bald Wizard I have a pretty good invisibility cloak! :)
    ETA: I do my rendering on a non-internetted machine, so don't have much to hand, but here's something (not exactly a masterpiece, but hey!...) with Jack's buildings in

Looks cool!

Apologies, I missed a few posts in all the site outages yesterday.. trying to backtrack now!

edited December 1969

Totte said:

That looks very cool! Will definitely have a read up on Bailey bridges and see what I can come up with.

edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:

Thanks!... Nice render btw :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

That looks very cool! Will definitely have a read up on Bailey bridges and see what I can come up with.

I really have a love/hate relationship to them. I build several when I did my service. One thing is to build them, but you build it, let a vehicle cross, then disassemble it and put it back into the storage, to take it out two days later to build a new one.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

I really have a love/hate relationship to them. I build several when I did my service. One thing is to build them, but you build it, let a vehicle cross, then disassemble it and put it back into the storage, to take it out two days later to build a new one.

Yea, I could see why that would lose it's charm pretty quickly lol

edited December 1969

I know what happened to the CEO of Jack Tomalin Corporation, but I can't tell you as I'm under a NDA with the ghouls on the tracks.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I know what happened to the CEO of Jack Tomalin Corporation, but I can't tell you as I'm under a NDA with the ghouls on the tracks.

;)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

;)

JTC is still hiding from DIM...

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

;)

JTC is still hiding from DIM...
    who wouldn't

edited December 1969

Szark, check Jacks tag.....

edited December 1969

yeah I have and no I have no idea what is going on today. My head is a real shed full of whatever is going round up here. I think I have a good bout of strep throat. lucky I have had my tonsils out.

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    yeah I have and no I have no idea what is going on today. My head is a real shed full of whatever is going round up here. I think I have a good bout of strep throat. lucky I have had my tonsils out.

lol.. I've been assimilated!

This discussion has been closed.