JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

"little place" ... LOL

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

LMAO... I'll be damned... Waddeson Manor WAS used in Pride and Prejudice, the 2005 version... they filmed it from the other side!

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,120
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...still looking for something like this lovely little place (pretty much the way I imagine the manor on the Grande estate would look).

I have plans for something like that.. but in all honesty its a huge project. So the planning takes a lot time.. I'm hoping I can start on something in the next few months (got something equally as grandiose coming down the pipeline currently) ;)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Well ... looking again at Kyoto Kids little place ... maybe you could do it in parts? "collect them all"
    You know, build your own manor.
    It seems to be built of different towers and roofs ...
    Just an idea.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Well ... looking again at Kyoto Kids little place ... maybe you could do it in parts? "collect them all"
    You know, build your own manor.
    It seems to be built of different towers and roofs ...
    Just an idea.

And a very good one at that. Yea, it will be broken down - but as with the DH, people will inevitably wait before purchasing to see if it ever gets finished.. so there is that to consider too.

West Park is following that sort of mindset too - and while it doesn't have a fixed layout, it's all goes together where possible. Which reminds me.. ;)

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    GIS Terminal in Octane:

Showing up pretty dark here, but not sure if that's intentional or not ;)

How is the Octane plugin btw?

Yes, it is supposed to be quite dark, being out in space and all that ... ;) The plug-in (and Octane itself) are pretty darned good; of course there is the learn materials and lighting - again! - that you get with Luxus/Reality and LuxRender. With a half-decent CUDA-based gfx card you can get some quick renders done. This one took around 5 minutes I think.

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    GIS Terminal in Octane:

Showing up pretty dark here, but not sure if that's intentional or not ;)

How is the Octane plugin btw?

Yes, it is supposed to be quite dark, being out in space and all that ... ;) The plug-in (and Octane itself) are pretty darned good; of course there is the learn materials and lighting - again! - that you get with Luxus/Reality and LuxRender. With a half-decent CUDA-based gfx card you can get some quick renders done. This one took around 5 minutes I think.

Heh yea, I figured that - but erm, hopefully the docking lights will come on before people start coming in sideways lol

Glad to hear Octane is pretty fast, which I had the time to give it a go.

• Bluebird 3DBluebird 3D Posts: 995
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Gave the beautiful bridge a spin in Vue;-)

Hey Totte - I love this render. Beautiful job. I recognize the bridge and walkway, of course, but what build did you use in the background? Is that one of Faveral's?

~Bluebird

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    That really is a great image Totte, yes you produce some great images but every now and then one pops for me. My only gripe is to crop the image from the bottom up making it more widescreen.Then it would be perfect. :) for my taste that is. But great composition.
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Hey Totte - I love this render. Beautiful job. I recognize the bridge and walkway, of course, but what build did you use in the background? Is that one of Faveral's?

~Bluebird

Thank you!
    Nope, they are cornucopia Paris set (for Vue). That's one thing we lack for DS/Poser, a great collection if old style european buildings, we have some, but there are a lot for Vue. (As Cornu sells some of their stuff for Poser/DAZ, two new came today, maybe we can hope)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:
    That really is a great image Totte, yes you produce some great images but every now and then one pops for me. My only gripe is to crop the image from the bottom up making it more widescreen.Then it would be perfect. :) for my taste that is. But great composition.

Thanks, I hade it widescreen first, but that required so much extra items to fill the background that Vue died on me, but I now what I did wrong (I set displacement in the closest walkways (then duplicated them without turning dispacement off, kind of ate 8GB RAM everytime a new object was dropped while it calculated dispacement to the drop would not end up too low or too high (that is my fav feature in Vue GUI, drop something to collide with what is beneth.
    But now I will rerender it tonight (Vue Is busy with my intrpretation of Koyote Kids chateux image, filling it with some Jack items...

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

GIS IS ON SALE!!!!! Been Lusting after it forever!!!!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited April 2013

wancow said:
    That looks like Darbyshire might have looked... beautiful.

...It's eccentric architecture is pretty much the model for the Grande Estate in my story

The fictional version has numerous "secret passages" within the walls (the elder Grande, like his descendent Lord Reginald, was a lover of puzzles and games), The manor has been expanded and renovated over time to include a large ballroom with balcony, a music room with a collection of historic instruments (including the Broadwood piano Frederic Chopin performed on during his London concerts, and a Father Willis Parlour Organ), and a natatorium with a large swimming pool (in her younger years Lady Meg was a renowned swimmer, having won several Olympic medals). Underneath is a huge wine cellar with vintages of wines, fine ports, and Scot's whiskeys dating back more than a century, part of which is only accessible to Lady Grande. Modern additions include a state of the art communications suite and security suite, (both with equipment carefully hidden in chambers behind moving walls).

The estate grounds boasts one of the finest hedge mazes in the land (tended by the druid in residence so that turn you took the last time may not be there the next), several small lakes and ponds (one with a small summer cottage), beautifully wooded groves and glades (again tended by the resident druid), and a stable, paddock, and running field. Modern amenities include fairly expansive garage that houses the estate vehicles as well as a modest collection of fine antique automobiles and a helipad with a BaE Nighthawk (civilian version).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...still looking for something like this lovely little place (pretty much the way I imagine the manor on the Grande estate would look).

I have plans for something like that.. but in all honesty its a huge project. So the planning takes a lot time.. I'm hoping I can start on something in the next few months (got something equally as grandiose coming down the pipeline currently) ;)
    ...maybe as a "Dream Manor" project?

edited April 2013

Kerya said:
    "little place" ... LOL

...well, Lady Meg finds it nice and cozy. ;-)

She prefers it over the London Townhouse in the estates district (and feels Leela is better off here).

Currently, For the summer cottage I use the Barton Cottage. Both the library and music room use Jack's Library, The recital room is The Ballroom Lady Meg's study is The Study, Baroque Grandeur serves for both the main dining hall and the larger part of the main ballroom.

A number of the Howie Farkes sets will be used for areas on the grounds. Still need to get Stefan's Enchanted forest for the Druid's grove.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

...OK something on a little less of a "Grande" scale.

Curious Bus with the There and About texture makes for a nice 60s hippie bus.

let_the_sun_shine_2.jpg
    884 x 884 - 641K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well done! The background skyscraper gave me stonemason wibes (urban 2). :)

edited December 1969

My version of the Chateaux Kyoto Kid posted

chateux.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 243K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited December 1969

I love that building! What is it - bought or self-made?

edited December 1969

MelanieL said:

One of many buildings I've got for Vue (dirt cheap through their CClub (much like DAZ PC), like 99c or so. I also bought a three building set.

You can see a lot of those [url=http://www.cornucopia3d.com/store.php?first=36&sel_type=Objects&sel_dir=Objects/Architecture/Mansions

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Heh — or maybe a credible alternate Mystery Machine...? ;-)
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

I wish we could bring .vob models into Studio. There are some gorgeous ones out there.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I agree. Those mansions in the Vue store are lovely.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That's cool, love the texture :)

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Totte said:

You mean like this ?

chirobidge-3_3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 400K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    MelanieL said:

One of many buildings I've got for Vue (dirt cheap through their CClub (much like DAZ PC), like 99c or so. I also bought a three building set.

You can see a lot of those [url=http://www.cornucopia3d.com/store.php?first=36&sel_type=Objects&sel_dir=Objects/Architecture/Mansions
    ...nice, but don't have Vue.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

That's cool, love the texture :)
    ...thank you.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Szark said:
    Totte said:

You mean like this ?LOL I was thinking like this but yeah that works nicely Totte. I do love that bridge

chirobidge-raw1.jpg
    1500 x 887 - 754K
    edited December 1969

We can all chime in like Oddball "It's a beautiful bridge"!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJNpxvdqd_o

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,133
    edited April 2013

Totte said:
    MelanieL said:

Thanks for the info, disappointing thought it is (can't afford Vue as I've spent too much at DAZ3D!) Actually I have a free version (off a magazine cover CD), but I haven't done much with that as there's no export and limited import.
    By the way, I love your bridge pic too!

Post edited by MelanieL on
This discussion has been closed.