The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

Comments

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    DollyGirl said:

It is most fitting that I come after mmalbert cause she and I are working on the Art Doll thing. Here is the first rendition of my version of an art doll. It is a weight mapped Victoria 2 with converted iray textures on her. The following list are the currently available freebies. Sure wish Runtimedna was back up and that Traveler would reoffer all of the neat clothing sets he made for Vicky.

Environment: Background Cloudy Skies Backgrounds-01-Part 6 Of 8 by pixlgirl.
    Environment: Birds Flock 3D Model by Forester.
    Environment: Plant Vase flowers N050317 by Andreo.
    Girl: Character: Texture Natty-V2 Clone by Casette.
    Girl: Clothing: Gee String Zip_String for DAZs Victoria 1 by Xorron Andreas Dirks Goblin Desgin.
    Girl: Clothing: Neck Chain Tassel for curtains N050112 by Valery Korneev.
    Girl: Clothing: Neck Ruff V4 Renaissance Neck Ruffs-- UPDATED!! by Rosemaryr.
    Girl: Clothing: Shoes Fetish Pumps V4 by Reiko-Kano.
    Girl: Clothing: socks BAT KneeSocks by BatLab.
    Girl: Hair Updo Hair SR1 by Kozaburo. Removed the bun. Changed the texture to white.
    Girl: Hair: Bows Pillows 3D Collection by 3DBar.
    Girl: Poses Hand Pose Vol. 1 for Victoria by HarpoonVolt.
    Shader: Clothing Pd-Daz Studio Soft Leather Shaders by Parrotdolphin.
    Shader: Skirt: Hair bows Iray Nobiax Shaders by kaz42.

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever

Wow, that is really really cool!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    mmalbert said:

I haven't had as much time to do any rendering lately, but I did play around a little with A3/Kioki this weekend while experimenting with some diesel punk inspirations. I forgot to subd the hair, but these are just fancy test renders anyway. (I've also been trying to kitbash some G3F and G2M stuff, with mixed results.)

DollyGirl said:

It is most fitting that I come after mmalbert cause she and I are working on the Art Doll thing. Here is the first rendition of my version of an art doll. It is a weight mapped Victoria 2 with converted iray textures on her. The following list are the currently available freebies. Sure wish Runtimedna was back up and that Traveler would reoffer all of the neat clothing sets he made for Vicky.

Beautiful renders, folks.

Somehow most dolls creep me out, though, unless they're my real-world ones =)

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 2023

Thank you 23Cascade. So I have another one in this series. I did not plan to do more then one image but that crazy light fixture just made me do it.

This is also the weight mapped Victoria 2, with a different texture. Also I used EvilInnocense's Xdresser to convert the Chibibel Goth Loli outfit to Victoria 2. Because I have not worked on the weight maps for V2 when I fit the dress to her there was an issue with the skirt of the dress. I used Sickleyield's wonderful tutorial on how to use Blender to make a correction morph (Link listed below). I did not create the morph but her instructions on what key strokes are needed to move the mesh around were invaluable. I would highly recommend her video. I did use Mec4D's Vol 1 and 2 shaders on this one as well. Below is is the list of currently available freebies that are used in the render. I did do some post work on this one. I applied a Gausian blur layer as an overlay filter to intensify the coloring. Hope you enjoy!

Environment: Background 1822 Castle on the River scene from Ackermann's Repository by EKDuncan.
    Environment: Birds Flock 3D Model by Forester. Need PoseRay to convert to obj file. Mec4d shader Anotized surface
    Environment: Plant Vase flowers N050317 by Andreo.Girl: Clothing: Hood Luster by Michal Seredynski.
    Girl: Dress, shoes, gloves 2012 Goth Loli by yagami.
    Girl: Hair Updo Hair SR1 by Kozaburo. Removed the bun. Changed the texture to white.
    Girl: Hair: Bows Pillows 3D Collection by 3DBar.
    Girl: Hair:Decoration Hanger by Bing.
    Girl: Jewelry Heart of Ocean by Pretty3d.
    Girl: Pose Female Figure Pose Pack #1 by Poser Nightmare.
    Girl: Textures Serenity and Death by FrogLace Studios. Non-Commerical

Tutorial Creating Clothing Morphs With Blender and Daz Studio by SickleYiedl.

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever 2

Post edited by DollyGirl on

This is something of a WIP - V2, the character is the RDNA freebie Ella. Made bumpmaps and roughness maps, edited out that burnt-in highlight on the iris, but looks like her palms will also need some colour to them. What does everyone think?

She's wearing an Optitex dynamic outfit (Lily from the Lily and Lottie set). I'm wondering how time-consuming it's going to be to try and add deformers to help with the bending issues around the outer elbow. And that shoulder, does it look okay or does it need fixing too?

v2_ella_lily_closeup.png
    464 x 600 - 383K
    v2_ella_lily.png
    556 x 900 - 615K

I like the muscle edges on her arms. Mustakettu85 and I agree that she needs a bit more color and variability to her hands. Not bad for being the old lady in the barn.

Thanks DollyGirl! Variability in the sense of some veins too, right?

Yes that would be a very cool addition.

For my sister I call it

Becky's Angel

Freebies:
    Angel: Character V2 Character Morphs by Kimber.
    Angel: Clothing Free Sample SheetZ For Victoria 4 by jepegraphics.
    Angel: Clothing Infinite Dimension Outfit by rross128.
    Angel: Pose Female Figure Pose Pack #1 by Poser Nightmare.
    Environment: Background Cloudy Skies Backgrounds-01-Part 6 Of 8 by pixlgirl.
    Environment: Birds Flock 3D Model by Forester. Need PoseRay to convert to obj file. Mec4d shader Anotized surface
    Environment: Plant Vase flowers N050317 by Andreo.
    Freebies Nolonger Available
    DAZ:
    Angel: Base Victoria 2.0 by DAZ 3D.
    Environment: Lighting FWSA Soft Light Probes by Forbidden Whispers.
    RuntimeDNA Freebies:
    Angel: Wings Techno Seriph Wings by Eric VanDycke Traveler.
    Clothing: Chains RDNA Industrial Age Chain 1 by Traveler.
    Clothing: Star and weight Luna and Star Cage by Traveler.
    Environment: Cross Gothic Cross by Traveler.
    Paid Fors:
    Angel: Hair Vayne Braid by AprilYSH.
    Shader: Cross Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.2 for Iray by Mec4d.
    Shader: Flock and Pedestal Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray by Mec4d.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649

DollyGirl, those are some gorgeous renders! I especially love On A Clear Day You Can See Forever 2. It's great to see someone using old stuff with Iray so brilliantly. I am in awe over your clothes manipulations also. Maybe some day I will try to learn some of that - Sickleyield's tutorial's are always good.

• Since this is a post for older figures, I thought this thread on the release date of older figures would be of interest to those who follow this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2734311#Comment_2734311

We are updating it to include the release dates of all major Daz Figures.

edited August 2017

Luci45, thank you. I must admit that I cheat and use such tools as XDresser for the older figures. My modeling skills are pretty rudimental but I keep working on them and one day I will be a lot better then I am now.

One of my contributions to the freebie world is to create images for Poser and DAZ Studio Free Resources Wiki The wiki has pages that function as an archive of multiple sources of products for various figures. In this case there is a page for Faces and Morphs for Victoria 1-2 This is the image I created for the page. Render is iRay. Don't know what my favorite Victoria is. I love the sexiness of Druuna but the texture on the Old Woman is really interesting and lovely. All those freckles and her breasts. Oh my.

The products I used in making the image. All are or were free:

01:Vorg:Textures Vorg for Victoria 2 by MrSparky.
    02: Dragonessa: Hair and 05: Viky Old Woman: Hair Updo Hair SR1 by Kozaburo.
    02: Dragonessa: Moprh and Textures * DNA The Dragonessa for Victoria 2 by Syyd.
    03: Ladyelf: Base Roxanne for V2 by Capsces. direct link
    03: Ladyelf: Hair Rei Hair by Kozaburo.
    03: Ladyelf: Hair: Texture * JL Koz Rei Hair - 60 fresh colors by jorgeluso.
    03: Ladyelf: Moprh and Textures V2 Ladyelf Set Featuring Grinchette by Syyd. [No longer available]
    04: Karin V: Hair Kyoko Hair MK3 by kozaburo.
    04: Karin V: Morph and Textures Karin V by PoserGirls Ken1.
    05: Viky Old Woman2: Moprh and Textures * Viky Old Woman2 by arduino.
    06: Oola: Morph and Textures * Oola by PhilC.
    07: Drunna: Hair Short Hair Evolution by Kozaburo.
    07: Drunna: Textures Odyssey Rebirth by SnowSultan. [No longer available]
    07: Druuna: Morph * Gandolf50's Version of Drunna by Gandolf50.

* means free registration is required to access the freebie.

TheFacesofVictoria2a.png
    800 x 251 - 444K
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Some wonderful and inspiring images here!

Thanks to Knittingmommy for pointing out this thread (after I started a separate, similar thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2902311#Comment_2902311 )

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited October 2017

Just realized I've been forgetting to post here.  Here are a few with V3:

de la glace.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    reefkeeper.jpg
    1434 x 1005 - 1M
    mirrors.jpg
    1590 x 1061 - 995K
    puppet.png
    1920 x 1200 - 3M
    Post edited by sriesch on
  • WOWZA. In the hands of a skilled artist such as yourself, it's obvious to see that there's still some life left in the old girl!

Seriously, though, I'm very impressed. Particularly the first and last pieces really showcase that Vicky 3 was popular because she's a very versatile figure.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited October 2017

@sriesch  Those are all great but I really love that last image.  That just shows that in Vicky 3 is still very much a usable character in 3D art.

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

I can see that I'll have to post my image here too...

Like I said elsewhere this is a Poser (PP2014) render of Victoria 2 with Snarleygribbley's EZSkin2. She's using one of Sydd's Dragonessa face morphs (and hat), Ella (I think?) skin texture, V2 swashbuckler gear, and a some cyberpunk spikey stuff. All old freebies from the sadly-missed RDNA.

Beautifully imaginative renders, sriesch and 3dcheapskate!

edited October 2017

Mother and daughter at Grand Central Station: V3 Teresa (character and hair) from Daz store, V3 Bernadette from Rendo (I think?), wearing Periwinkle Blue and Riki Blue textures, respectively (by Thorne). In background: Hiro 3, showing his approval, Rikishi is leaving, and M3 is checking his watch.

GrandCentral-1.png
    741 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Lovely renders everyone! You show the oldies are goodies! I really like On A Clear Day. Stunning.

• Mother and daughter at Grand Central Station: V3 Teresa (character and hair) from Daz store, V3 Bernadette from Rendo (I think?), wearing Periwinkle Blue and Riki Blue textures, respectively (by Thorne). In background: Hiro 3, showing his approval, Rikishi is leaving, and M3 is checking his watch.

This is very nice. I like the variety of background characters, too.

Thanks! There was a lot of variety released in that era.

The only real problem of Gen3 are their ultra-rounded shoulders. Elleque has a free character that comes with a deformer fix... it's for M3 but with tweaks, useful for other Gen3 figures, too:

https://elleque.net/?p=3291

The dFormers could be handy. Thanks for the tip, Mustakettu.

• The only real problem of Gen3 are their ultra-rounded shoulders. Elleque has a free character that comes with a deformer fix... it's for M3 but with tweaks, useful for other Gen3 figures, too:

https://elleque.net/?p=3291

Very useful for Michael 3. Of course, that little detail of Michael 3 is one of the reasons I mix him in with newer figures. Some guys do have slightly slumped shoulders, and in a crowd, that little detail helps prevent all the guys looking exactly the same. NEVERTHELESS, This is a good thing to have for those times when M3 needs a little shoulder work. Thanks for the link.

You're welcome, dragonfly_2004 & mmitchell_houston =)

• Michael 3, starring in an illustration for a Western Miniatures Game. Poser 11 render with clean-up in Photoshop and using the India Ink plug-in. face needs work, though.

• Kerya, thank you for starting this thread, and thanks to all who have contributed..  Very worthwhile read.

In Carrara, I prefer to use the older characters.  They are actually less resource-intensive, with a richness in features that is underestimated (IMO).

Here is V3 with no postwork:

I did this image to round up votes for the current Carrara Challenge.  V3 behaved very nicely through the whole process. :)

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Kerya, thank you for starting this thread, and thanks to all who have contributed..  Very worthwhile read.

In Carrara, I prefer to use the older characters.  They are actually less resource-intensive, with a richness in features that is underestimated (IMO).

Here is V3 with no postwork:

I did this image to round up votes for the current Carrara Challenge.  V3 behaved very nicely through the whole process. :)

Nice.  Out of curiosity, do you remember which V3 character this was?

• Thanks.  There was no character.  I just used the stock V3 (listed as Victoria 3 SAE) with a few common head and body morph dial tweaks.

But it didn't really change the look that much.  That's basically what the base model looks like.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited November 2017

Great vote poster, UnifiedBrain.  You must have adjusted the skin shaders in some way, whether it was a character skin map or a procedural mixer.  The base V3 maps don't have those gorgeous freckles.  For example, here is a comparison of the base V3 map to the V3-SP3 Intl Beauties skin map.  I didn't fix any of the other shader channels (bump, shininess, subsurface scattering, etc), so these are not optimized for Carrara.  Just the texture map change.

UB V3 Mats.jpg
    800 x 600 - 42K
    Post edited by Diomede on