Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.10.0.123! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• Can you tell me IF there is anyway to Add "Scripts" to the Main menu bar? I look under Windows and I do not see any way to Add Scripts to Main menu bar, even with "Custom"

Thanks

DR

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2017
    Jim said:

How do we save a dForce simulation? Are they cacheable? I couldn't find any mention of this in the documentation.

Edit: I should also add that this is a very exciting update, with the obvious highlight being dForce. I just got Syflex for LightWave a little while back as I'd given up on seeing a new dynamics implementation, but this is looking top-notch so far.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here

#How do I save my work?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Can you tell me IF there is anyway to Add "Scripts" to the Main menu bar? I look under Windows and I do not see any way to Add Scripts to Main menu bar, even with "Custom"

Thanks

DR

If you right-click on an item in the content pane and select Create Custom Action it will add it to the Scripts menu, and create the menu if needed. Furher customisation is possible through Window>Workspace>Customise by dragging from the action list on the left to the desird menu (or tool bar) in the tabs on the right..

• @BeeMKay thanks for the pointers, now read through and looked at the various tuts, seeing pretty much the same as other folks (some success, some explosions).

As for 0.101 -  OSX 10.11 + 980TI;  Included demos;

falling sheet is OK.

flags crashes the GPU:

NVDA(Compute): Channel exception! Exception type = 0x1f Access Violation Error (MMU Error 2)
    Channel Info: [26, 0x2f, 0xa, 0x6ecaa5]

( works OK in CPU mode.)

the fan blocking scene crashes on both GPU and CPU with the same error 

Crashed Thread:        92  Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos.overcommit

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
    Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00000005508b5000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Hey,

I did the free purchase of the beta so I could try out the new dynamics engine, but when I try to "download and install" it, DIM says......

"The account referenced is not set up in install manager"

which is odd because i can use the DIM to install items I purchased mere minutes before hand.

Is this because of some Update blocking the DIM from installing it?

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728
    edited October 2017

@ Chohole: Nice try, but I have read this section and I didn't see anything about saving a simulation. It is about saving presets.

@ Daywalker03, yes indeed I want to save the simulation output. I don't want to save it as a preset so much, but it is very handy to have the sim data for rendering at a later date. Also essential if we're going to use third party renderfarms.

Note: I found you can use the Alembic exporter to save the simulation output. Unfortunately, that's a one-way trip.

Post edited by Jim_1831252 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The post in the Start Here thread that you were directed to describes what you can save. "A simulation" (modified vertex positions - perhaps over time, perhaps not) is "owned" by the dForce modifier; much like a "morph" (another type of modifier) describes changes to vertex positions of the mesh. The post you were directed to does in fact describe which types of assets/presets save a dForce modifier.

• Chohole, I do not see anything about saving vertex positions (which is exactly what Alembic does - so I totes know what you're talking about). As far as I can tell the dForce modifier specifically does not relate to the transformed mesh, but as to a mesh that has been flagged for dForce to use. It mentions that the simulation surface settings and the dForce modifier (basically the on switch and associated weight maps) can be saved.

There are 15 mentions of "save" in that thread, but I didn't find one that has the information I need, so I'm either missing the obvious, or it isn't in the document.

• Jim said:

Chohole, I do not see anything about saving vertex positions (which is exactly what Alembic does - so I totes know what you're talking about). As far as I can tell the dForce modifier specifically does not relate to the transformed mesh, but as to a mesh that has been flagged for dForce to use. It mentions that the simulation surface settings and the dForce modifier (basically the on switch and associated weight maps) can be saved.

There are 15 mentions of "save" in that thread, but I didn't find one that has the information I need, so I'm either missing the obvious, or it isn't in the document.

The outcome of the simulation is movement of the vertices from where they would normally be in a static object, right? That information is saved if you saved as a scene or scene subset, just like normal. At this time, it doesn't appear that you can save it separately from the scene.

• That hasn't been my experience, but now on loading the latest save it seems to be doing just that. It didn't do that the first time around (and I’m sure it didn’t do it the time after), and now I'm really confused why it didn't. Whatever the reasons, I'm happy that this information is saved ^_^

The only thing I can think of was updating to the latest version this morning, though that seems unlikely.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

What does this mean:

• Fixed an issue when applying "Stiffer" or "Silkier" that could result in an unexpected change in value of Buckling properties

Where are these settings or presets?

• What does this mean:

• Fixed an issue when applying "Stiffer" or "Silkier" that could result in an unexpected change in value of Buckling properties

These are settings related to dForce dynamic cloth. If memory serves, these are in the main settings pane for dForce.

• What does this mean:

These are settings related to dForce dynamic cloth. If memory serves, these are in the main settings pane for dForce.

They are in the Surface Adjuster tool, a dialogue launched from several possible menus (see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest) - it lets you adjust the overall feel of the selected surfaces, rather than having to go in and make adjustments to the stretch/shear/bend settings themselves.

What does this mean:

They are in the Surface Adjuster tool, a dialogue launched from several possible menus (see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest) - it lets you adjust the overall feel of the selected surfaces, rather than having to go in and make adjustments to the stretch/shear/bend settings themselves.

I have yet to find in that documentation how this Surface Adjuster Tool is launched.  I must be missing it. The documentation is... somewhat verbose.

What does this mean:

I have yet to find in that documentation how this Surface Adjuster Tool is launched.  I must be missing it. The documentation is... somewhat verbose.

//ignore me. i found it

• Just curious...is this an invitation only beta?  I can't seem to find a download link for it in any of the usual places I would look for it.  I also never found the last update for the same reason.  I've tried the "Update" link inside the software itself, and have received the message that my program was up to date, but if I check the software itself the version number is lower than the currently offered version or update.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tony O'seland
    [email protected]

• cedarwolf said:

Just curious...is this an invitation only beta?  I can't seem to find a download link for it in any of the usual places I would look for it.  I also never found the last update for the same reason.  I've tried the "Update" link inside the software itself, and have received the message that my program was up to date, but if I check the software itself the version number is lower than the currently offered version or update.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tony O'seland
    [email protected]

Have you bought https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta ? Are the Download Filtrs in DIM (button on the Ready to Download tab) set to show Public Build software?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,358
    cedarwolf said:

Just curious...is this an invitation only beta?  I can't seem to find a download link for it in any of the usual places I would look for it.  I also never found the last update for the same reason.  I've tried the "Update" link inside the software itself, and have received the message that my program was up to date, but if I check the software itself the version number is lower than the currently offered version or update.  Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Tony O'seland
    [email protected]

If you install with DIM you would get all the updates automatically and the beta would be available

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65
    cedarwolf said:

Thanks,
    Tony O'seland
    [email protected]

Have you bought https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta ? Are the Download Filtrs in DIM (button on the Ready to Download tab) set to show Public Build software?

Found it! was way down in the "Products" list and not in the "Product Updates" list. :P

• Have you bought https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta ? Are the Download Filtrs in DIM (button on the Ready to Download tab) set to show Public Build software?

Found it! was way down in the "Products" list and not in the "Product Updates" list. :P

If you don't have a fairly current version of it already installed (it installs to a different location by default than the stable version), it won't show up as an available update.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

I just saw a dForce thread on Blender forum and watched the video. GOOD THINKING DAZ3D! 

hphoenix said:

Future builds could definitely provide for 'rigid' objects, simply by adding a new type....like a 'Add dForce Rigid'.  It actually simplifies things a LOT for the simulation, since the object only changes it's transforms, and the bounding shape doesn't change either.  It'd need a few different parameters, but from the point of view of simulation, it's actually a lot simpler.

The real problem with rigid dynamics would be adding constraints (single axis hinge, dual axis ball joint, etc.).  But even that isn't that complicated.

Oh yes please! This would distract me from my current Blender ventures... wink

• Dead_ReckoningDead_Reckoning Posts: 63
    edited October 2017

Can you tell me IF there is anyway to Add "Scripts" to the Main menu bar? I look under Windows and I do not see any way to Add Scripts to Main menu bar, even with "Custom"

Thanks

DR

OK, found out how to add the Scripts to Main Menu

Go to MyLibrary

Scroll down to scripts

Right click on a script

Create Custom Action

That's it

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Mythmaker said:

I just saw a dForce thread on Blender forum and watched the video. GOOD THINKING DAZ3D! 

hphoenix said:

Future builds could definitely provide for 'rigid' objects, simply by adding a new type....like a 'Add dForce Rigid'.  It actually simplifies things a LOT for the simulation, since the object only changes it's transforms, and the bounding shape doesn't change either.  It'd need a few different parameters, but from the point of view of simulation, it's actually a lot simpler.

The real problem with rigid dynamics would be adding constraints (single axis hinge, dual axis ball joint, etc.).  But even that isn't that complicated.

Oh yes please! This would distract me from my current Blender ventures... wink

Do bear in mind that this was a speculative post, not a statement of fact based on information about the code.

• SissyBSissyB Posts: 23

hello

Each time i try to do a simulation (i starting by the one explained in the DS tutorial with sphere and plane) i receive this error message....

"could not find a valid OpenCL device"

does anyone could help me to solve it? i really don't know what to do...

I use DS on my laptop, it runs under windows and i've got a Nvidia Gforce 610M, 1GB

thank you in advance

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017
    SissyB said:

hello

Each time i try to do a simulation (i starting by the one explained in the DS tutorial with sphere and plane) i receive this error message....

I use DS on my laptop, it runs under windows and i've got a Nvidia Gforce 610M, 1GB

thank you in advance

Have you installed the OpenCL drivers for Open CL 1.2?

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • SissyB said:

hello

thank you in advance

According to https://www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-610m/specifications the GeForce 610M offrs only OpenCL 1.1, dForce needs 1.2. You could get the intel OpenCL driver for your CPU and use that - it's linked from the first post of the Start Here thread.

• FBX export from DS (to Iclone for example) seems to be OK now, thankfully.

Ive been exporting to Iclone, via 3dxchange, and can animate G3F there, when the animation is exported (via 3dxchange again) I get the dreaded hip "jiggles" when imported back into DS, the leg part anims seem ok, but the arms are wrong, especially when oversholder height for some reason.

Frustrating because I really want to animate my figures and render in Iray.

Any comments if I am missing something here?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2017

@DAZ-Software: You might want to add a note for AMD CPU OpenCL Updates to the opening page, as they have their own drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/OpenCL2-Driver.aspx

EDIT: Note: this driver doesn't work for CPU and Multi-GPUs.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • GoomerGoomer Posts: 9

I can not start Daz studio 10, every time I try it gives me this message:

Nombre del evento de problema: APPCRASH

Nombre de la aplicación: DAZStudio.exe

Versión de la aplicación: 4.10.0.101

Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 59df110e

Nombre del módulo con errores: StackHash_f89c

Versión del módulo con errores: 6.1.7601.23915

Marca de tiempo del módulo con errores: 59b94ee4

Código de excepción: c0000374

Desplazamiento de excepción: 00000000000bf3e2

Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Id. de configuración regional: 3082

Información adicional 1: f89c

Información adicional 2: f89cd0c9a5866c810c9bb31bfe56f13a

Información adicional 3: dd3a

Información adicional 4: dd3a759b1bfc6a9d6f58f5b09d000453

Lea nuestra declaración de privacidad en línea:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0c0a

Si la declaración de privacidad en línea no está disponible, lea la declaración de privacidad sin conexión:

C:\Windows\system32\es-ES\erofflps.txt

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,979
    edited October 2017

This is what I am getting from my log in regards to dForce.. 

2017-10-21 17:29:20.206 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(414): Using device: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    2017-10-21 17:29:20.607 Found 1 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Dress". Removing unused vert(s) from sim.
    2017-10-21 17:29:24.305 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 650 Ti (Device 0).

2017-10-21 17:29:24.305 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2165): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)
    2017-10-21 17:29:24.402 Total Simulation Time: 4.19 seconds
    2017-10-21 17:29:58.935 Found 1 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Dress". Removing unused vert(s) from sim.
    2017-10-21 17:29:59.511 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(1797): ERROR: clCreateCommandQueue (-5)
    2017-10-21 17:29:59.528 Total Simulation Time: 0.70 seconds

Just tried again with a simpler item then my system froze up and my display driver just crashed, while it was trying to simulate a simple item.. Interesting thing is that it is fine with just one object this being a shirt as soon as you add in a figure with hair and pose the figure, then try to simulate it will throw a tantrum and crash..

With a simpler dress on Genesis 2 I get..

2017-10-21 17:42:37.326 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(414): Using device: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
    2017-10-21 17:43:01.305 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on GeForce GTX 650 Ti (Device 0).

2017-10-21 17:43:01.305 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2165): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)
    2017-10-21 17:43:01.397 Total Simulation Time: 24.7 seconds

So looks like a long way to go on dynamics if a simple dress on a posed G2F keeps crashing Studio..  Or I am doing something wrong which is more than likely but no idea what it is.. Also interested whether there will be object collision as well..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on