(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Nysalor said:
    Help! I can't find the Transfer Utility. can anyone assist please?

What style and layout are you using? In some it is in the building/scripting tab.

• nysalor_7ad75f2450nysalor_7ad75f2450 Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I found it thanks. :)

Scene tab/Assets/Transfer Utility.

I appreciate the quick response! I'm having lots of fun with the Rigging system, and venturing in to Studio concepts I haven't explored before.

John

edited December 1969

Nysalor said:
    I found it thanks. :)

Scene tab/Assets/Transfer Utility.

I appreciate the quick response! I'm having lots of fun with the Rigging system, and venturing in to Studio concepts I haven't explored before.

John

No problem, and I'm glad. :-) DAZ Studio 4.5 is an incredibly powerful tool and it has a lot to offer if you dig in and look it over.

• westcpwwestcpw Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

This really does look great.... (just weighing up over this or the business suit at the moment)

edited December 1969

westcp said:
    This really does look great.... (just weighing up over this or the business suit at the moment)

You're a winner either way, and both will be in my store for a long time. It just depends on what your more immediate render plans are.

• KarthKarth Posts: 709
    edited December 1969

Hi

i only want to say that your projection templates are just fine
    and im so happy that i bought it :-)

If DAZ would have a Product Review System i would give you 100 starts*g*

edited December 1969

Karth said:
    Hi

i only want to say that your projection templates are just fine
    and im so happy that i bought it :-)

If DAZ would have a Product Review System i would give you 100 starts*g*

Thank you!! I'm glad you're happy with it.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,487
    edited March 2013

I'm just getting around to use this, and want to know...those who converted A3 clothes, how did you do it???

Also I just converted a large large skirted floor length ball gown, and the bottom edges of the skirt stick out, like it didn't convert with the rest of the dress. Smoothing doesn't fix it :(

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • ArkathanArkathan Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

While not a dress, I converted this A3 outfit using the A3 shape and the bodysuit option. The forearms and thigh pieces are from a V4 set.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2414354&user_id=331887&np;&np;

• katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I'm just getting around to use this, and want to know...those who converted A3 clothes, how did you do it???

Also I just converted a large large skirted floor length ball gown, and the bottom edges of the skirt stick out, like it didn't convert with the rest of the dress. Smoothing doesn't fix it :(

You'll need to own the A3 and H3 Shapes for Genesis (if you've converted clothes from A3 using Autofit, then you've got it.)

For a long dress, load a blank Genesis and go to the "Actor->Female->Stylized" tab. Dial A3 to 100%. Load the dress (don't let it conform to Genesis) and convert it to weightmapping, then go into Transfer Utility and select "Genesis" and "Current" for the "From" side and your dress on the "To" side, then continue as described in the manual.

With non-floor length dresses, you should be fine not applying any morphs and just selecting the "Clone->A3" option in the "From" part. But, again, you'll need to own the shape, or there won't be any Clone option for A3.

Hope that helped!

edited December 1969

Thanks, i was not having any success... I totaaaaaaaaaaally did it th hard way... I reshaped the outfit to fit Genesis, and then rigged it ... oi >_<;;;</p>

But I'm trying to convert the Batlab outfit MIko A3/V3....

There is a sad lack of Miko clothing for Genesis or V4!!!
    While it converts fairly well, the sleeves had the issue that the lower, inside sleeve drape is part of the torso instead of the sleeve when I convert it, so when I pose Genesis, the sleeve mesh distorts badly. I don't know how to fix this, and I don't know a work around.

Anyone either know of a great Miko outfit for Genesis, or have a better idea how to convert/fix the sleeves on this outfit?
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/miko-v3-a3/27205/

Btw using SY setup, the skirt and legs and socks and sandals all transferred BEAUTIFULLY. The sleeves by nature are problematic. :(

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I don't have that clothing - but maybe Richard Haseltines tutorial on Adjusting auto-morphs for additional bones could help:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17277/

edited December 1969

I'm a little confused with something...

Is there a way to rig an item to fit something other than genesis default shape? I have an object clothing that fits genesis child. I want to rig it, but even if i select current genesis shape, the rig scales the new clothing WAY down, it won't fit genesis. It's smaller than genesis child.

edited December 1969

Btw, I'm seriously LOVING how easy it is to rig. Somethings are hard to convert, like from ooooold clothes....

But I took this older outfit for LAURA, called Oriental Fantasy http://www.daz3d.com/oriental-fantasy

It was one of the first things I ever bought from Daz ^^ my first ever render was with that outfit. :)

So, it was with GREAT EXCITEMENT that it easily converted to Genesis!
    Laura doesn't have a bust, so it was an easy thing to do. Anyone interested, this is how!
    load each item from Laura. Load genesis. convert each clothing item to triax weight mapping.
    Scale each item and position a little bit if necessary, to fit default genesis. When it's pretty close, turn on smoothing and collision to collide with genesis. start with the base dress. Turn the collision settings so that if you turn genesis invisible, the collision is still holding!!! that's important. Turn everything but the dress invisible, and export the dress as an object.
    Now import the object dress, and run the transfer utility and use the rigging from Sickle Yield's templates. Save as described. :)
    repeat for other dress items, but have them collide with the dress, or the tunic as you go up in layers.

it worked awesomely!!! I've even converted a COOKIE CLOTHING outfit!!!! OMG.

It's not limitless because I haven't figured out how to fit something that won't match the default genesis shape T_T So whatever I'm "converting" has to be somewhat similar to genesis base shape.

If anyone has tips on how to convert something to a NON DEFAULT genesis shape...

I could n't get A3 stuff to convert :'(

But at least this laura outfit works :) I only managed to convert one A3 outfit by flattening the bust and making it fit genesis default, and rigging it.

I never do things the easy way??? LOL.

OrientalFantasyConversion.jpg
    648 x 873 - 561K
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

Is there a way to rig an item to fit something other than genesis default shape? I have an object clothing that fits genesis child. I want to rig it, but even if i select current genesis shape, the rig scales the new clothing WAY down, it won't fit genesis. It's smaller than genesis child.

I'm not a content creator but my understanding is that even if you're creating an object for the Child morph, it should be scaled to fit full-sized Genesis. Then when you apply the child morph DAZ will helpfully scale it to the child for you.

I am seriously impressed with your method of converting non-supported figure clothing! I'll have to try that! I have some old Apollo Max stuff here, not to mention all these clothes for Luke, Laura, and the Preschoolers.... thanks for posting such detailed instructions!

As for the A3 thing, well, the easy way is probably to buy the A3 Shape and do it through Transfer Utility. :) I've attached a conversion I did of the free Aiko Eve Dress. This was not without issues: initially the dress loaded with much of the chest and neck missing, which I was able to fix by dialing Collisions up to 10, setting the Smoothing type to Generic, and dialing Smoothing up to 4. Still requires occasional tweaking for pokethrough on the legs and as you can see I have a bit of work to do on the neckline. But I chose this dress specifically because it was going to be tricky... floor-length with a train plus nearly skintight... so overall I am happy with how few adjustments it's taking. :)

EVEConversion.png
    763 x 1100 - 537K
    edited December 1969

Katfeete is right, you do have to convert at 100% scale regardless of morph. Rigging for just one Genesis morph is a topic for other forum threads (if you search you should be able to find it).

edited December 1969

Katfeete is right, you do have to convert at 100% scale regardless of morph. Rigging for just one Genesis morph is a topic for other forum threads (if you search you should be able to find it).

Okay... well its doable for non Gen4 figures with work. :)

Still its mightily cool!! And I'm trying to do a lot of cool stuff with your new tools and SY you outdid yourself... everything converts SOOOOOOO much better, autofit is usable now!!! It was a mess before. This is fantastic. :D Only had that one ball gown skirt not convert properly- the rest was excellent so far :D SQUEEEEEEEEE

edited December 1969

Okay... well its doable for non Gen4 figures with work. :)

Still its mightily cool!! And I'm trying to do a lot of cool stuff with your new tools and SY you outdid yourself... everything converts SOOOOOOO much better, autofit is usable now!!! It was a mess before. This is fantastic. :D Only had that one ball gown skirt not convert properly- the rest was excellent so far :D SQUEEEEEEEEE

I'm glad you're happy with it. :-)

Use Morph, not Clone? Usually when someone can't get a long skirt to look right it's because they used Clone.

edited December 1969

ooooooooooh okay, I'll try that now!!

Thanks :) Seriously, between LAMH and THIS, i am in heaven. Oh right and luxus. World complete. YUP.... haha. ^^
    woooo :D

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited March 2013

Finally played around with this, and after a few initial failures (I was overthinking the process of how to save the altered items) I've gotten the hang of Chapter 1 (Rigging) and Chapter 6 (adding morphs). Here's one of Valandar's Renegade Shirts*, with added FBMs for V5, V5 Supermodel, S5, S5 Model, and S5 Curvy. The character has each of these dialed to 50% (the edge is a little jagged--because of the polygon mesh I guess--but I wouldn't be likely to use this on such a busty character anyway). I found the instructions very easy to follow (except for how to save...but that may have been my own fault).

I also re-rigged the notoriously clingy Scoopback Minidress and the bridging is working beautifully now.

Next I'll be tackling conversion of 4th Gen items (I'm excited about this too, but unlike probably most people it isn't the main reason I bought it).

I'd like to see the S4 shape added in a future update, but that's really minor compared to how useful this already is. Thank you for an awesome product, Sickleyield! :-)

*The Renegade Shirts do contain some good female FBMs with bridging, such as V4 and Basic Female. But they predated S5 and Valandar didn't have access to V5 at the time.

scoopback-before.jpg
    463 x 600 - 79K
    scoopback-after.jpg
    463 x 600 - 78K
    renegadeshirt2-srms.jpg
    463 x 600 - 94K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thanks :) Seriously, between LAMH and THIS, i am in heaven. Oh right and luxus. World complete. YUP.... haha. ^^

I also picked up Luxus and (thanks to you) LAMH recently, and I have to agree with the general sentiment. :)
    edited December 1969

Finally played around with this, and after a few initial failures (I was overthinking the process of how to save the altered items) I've gotten the hang of Chapter 1 (Rigging) and Chapter 6 (adding morphs). Here's one of Valandar's Renegade Shirts*, with added FBMs for V5, V5 Supermodel, S5, S5 Model, and S5 Curvy. The character has each of these dialed to 50% (the edge is a little jagged--because of the polygon mesh I guess--but I wouldn't be likely to use this on such a busty character anyway). I found the instructions very easy to follow (except for how to save...but that may have been my own fault).

I also re-rigged the notoriously clingy Scoopback Minidress and the bridging is working beautifully now.

Next I'll be tackling conversion of 4th Gen items (I'm excited about this too, but unlike probably most people it isn't the main reason I bought it).

I'd like to see the S4 shape added in a future update, but that's really minor compared to how useful this already is. Thank you for an awesome product, Sickleyield! :-)

*The Renegade Shirts do contain some good female FBMs with bridging, such as V4 and Basic Female. But they predated S5 and Valandar didn't have access to V5 at the time.

Nice! I'm glad you're getting good results.

As far as I know there's no S4 Genesis (link?), or it would be included already (as S3 and S5 are). Including Gen X morphs is somewhat problematic and is unlikely to be added in an update.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

As far as I know there's no S4 Genesis (link?), or it would be included already (as S3 and S5 are). Including Gen X morphs is somewhat problematic and is unlikely to be added in an update.

Here you go. IIRC, she was released, then pulled from the store for a long while, but she came back up again at some point.
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited December 1969

Well, there is
    http://www.daz3d.com/stephanie-4-for-genesis

Though IIRC it was not always available, but was 1st released as bonus to I think the V4M4 shapes bundle....

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:

Well, there is

Though IIRC it was not always available, but was 1st released as bonus to I think the V4M4 shapes bundle....

Jeepers! I can't believe I missed her. O.O I LOVED S4 for Gen 4. It's sad that they didn't include anything remotely like her eight additional custom FBMs, but at least we get base S4. Thank you both, that's in the cart with today's MM goodies and will go in the update with another thing I can't discuss yet.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:

Well, there is

Jeepers! I can't believe I missed her. O.O I LOVED S4 for Gen 4. It's sad that they didn't include anything remotely like her eight additional custom FBMs, but at least we get base S4. Thank you both, that's in the cart with today's MM goodies and will go in the update with another thing I can't discuss yet.

Yeah but SickleYield ,with GenX you can add those custom FBM's morphs to her ..... I think anyway ,I'm still feeling my way around GenX .....

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

Visit rendo sickle's store!!! Products for fix hat breast, and clip (clothes in layers) are the stuff more useful that I bought.

edited December 1969

I still can't believe how well this works!

So glad I can use Pampoen with Genesis, now.

Pampoen_1a.jpg
    1545 x 1999 - 434K
    edited April 2013

I'm so glad it's working for you! That's a very nice bloom to the lighting, is it Luxus?

It tickles me that I'm still getting renders in this thread this long after the product is out. I appreciate each and every one.

Post edited by SickleYield on
    edited December 1969

Thanks,
    It's the lights from the Andrea for Young Teen Julie in DS.
    There's a cylinder around the hallway with shadows and visible in render off that helps make the most of the uberenvironment light. See The Sea's gallery on rendo for more info there.
    The rest is postwork. Three duplicated layers. One gaussian blurred 2 color layer overlayed, one blurred soft light layer and a screen layer for balance. The top layer is the vignette layer - draw a selection around the figure, fill outside it with black, guassian blur 50-100, turn opacity down.