Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Nope. The update still has not shown in Updates in Smart content - i've been checking daily. And I don't have a "projection morphs" folder either in data etc. 

What I might do is uninstall it, manually remove the  data\cloud\1_23720 folder and then reinstall it and see if that works. Cos Stupid Content does that sometimes - you have to manually remove all instances of it and then reinstall for new files to show up. I've had that happen before. 

barbult said:
    jakiblue said:

Hmmm my Growing Up G3F isn't showing an update in "Updates" in Smart content. I'll give it another couple of days as I've found that updates in Smart content seem to not show for a bit.  

Zev0 said:

Sorry for late reply. Yes G3F and M versions were updated with the clothing helper.

@jakiblue, Did you ever get a Smart Content update for the Genesis 3 Growing Up products to get the clothing helper update? I never did. I have been in a back and forth discussion with CS for days about this. It just isn't working. (The update appeared in DIM, though, so I know Zev0 submitted it.)

CS keeps saying I might already have the files.

I keep saying:

I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23983\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Male(s).
    I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23720\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Female(s).

Do you have these files installed?

hmmm what is the name of the "clothing helper" to help with the third breast in shirts for the G8 version? I swear I actually saw it in the parameters morphs the other day when I was playing, but I can't recall it and now I can't seem to find anything under Actor -> Real World -> Growing Up. 

@Barbult, ok I uninstalled GU for G3F, manually deleted the data -> 1_23720 folder, shut down DS, and then opened it and reinstalled GU for G3 via Smart Content. I can now see the "GU Clothing Support" slider in the parameter tabs under Growing Up. 

so despite the fact it never showed in Updates at all, the new install (after removing all instances of it manually) does contain the update for the clothing helper. 

I'm not seeing it in the G8F version however, however now I think of it, I'm not sure the update was actually issued for the G8 version yet? 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2017

The g8f version should have it as that went out before the g3f update.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    jakiblue said:

Nope. The update still has not shown in Updates in Smart content - i've been checking daily. And I don't have a "projection morphs" folder either in data etc. 

What I might do is uninstall it, manually remove the  data\cloud\1_23720 folder and then reinstall it and see if that works. Cos Stupid Content does that sometimes - you have to manually remove all instances of it and then reinstall for new files to show up. I've had that happen before. 

barbult said:
    jakiblue said:

Hmmm my Growing Up G3F isn't showing an update in "Updates" in Smart content. I'll give it another couple of days as I've found that updates in Smart content seem to not show for a bit.  

Zev0 said:

Sorry for late reply. Yes G3F and M versions were updated with the clothing helper.

@jakiblue, Did you ever get a Smart Content update for the Genesis 3 Growing Up products to get the clothing helper update? I never did. I have been in a back and forth discussion with CS for days about this. It just isn't working. (The update appeared in DIM, though, so I know Zev0 submitted it.)

CS keeps saying I might already have the files.

I keep saying:

I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23983\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Male(s).
    I do not have a "data\cloud\1_23720\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Projection Morphs" folder (Growing Up for Genesis 3 Female(s).

Do you have these files installed?

Yes, I think that is probably the way to go. I have had that happen before, too. Daz Connect has lots of problems and it seems that they are not gettng fixed.sad The same issues happen over and over, like files not getting deleted when Jen screws up the pathing and changes it later. I end up with duplicate files on the two paths.

I did have an update for the G8 version in Updates a while back which I applied, but I'm not seeing "GU Clothing Support" in the Growing Up in parameters. I'll do the same thing - uninstall, manually delete data folder and see if it turns up. Be right back. laugh 

Zev0 said:

The g8f update went out before the g3f update.

Right, strike my incompetent babbling about G8Female version. I can see the "(2)GU Clothing Support". I must have had my eyes closed half an hour ago. :sigh: But yeah Barbult, do the complete uninstall and manually delete and reinstall for the G3, it should show then. (Don't get me started on the problems with Stupid Content or we'll be here all day)

Thanks, @jakiblue, uninstalling and reinstalling the G3M and G3F products fixed the problem. Daz Connect updates are just unreliable. I wonder what else I didn't get and don't know about. The GU Clothing Support morph gets dialed in automatically for me when the Youth Morph is dialed. It is one of the ERC Sub-Components of Youth Morph.

That last sentence went right over my head and out into the ether. LOL. You should post that beautiful pic you just did using GrowingUp - she was simply stunning.  

barbult said:

Thanks, @jakiblue, uninstalling and reinstalling the G3M and G3F products fixed the problem. Daz Connect updates are just unreliable. I wonder what else I didn't get and don't know about. The GU Clothing Support morph gets dialed in automatically for me when the Youth Morph is dialed. It is one of the ERC Sub-Components of Youth Morph.

edited September 2017
    jakiblue said:

That last sentence went right over my head and out into the ether. LOL. You should post that beautiful pic you just did using GrowingUp - she was simply stunning.  

barbult said:

Ignore that last sentence laugh. Just know that it happens automagically.

Do you mean the image I just posted in Novica's thread? I'll post both the young teen and the older teen here, too. Thanks for the kind words.

Growing Up beats Josie 8 by a mile for the creation of teens, in my opinion. There is no Josie 8 in these images. I didn't purchase her.

Post edited by barbult on

Those are the ones! Yep that last pic, of her smiling into the camera - that's what I think Josie should have been. That pic alone would have made me buy Growing Up if I didn't already have it. :)

jakiblue said:

Those are the ones! Yep that last pic, of her smiling into the camera - that's what I think Josie should have been. That pic alone would have made me buy Growing Up if I didn't already have it. :)

I think she is the best GU girl I've made. I really like it, too. The lighting from the HDRIHaven.com HDRI file really adds realism. It looks photographic to me.

me too. Makes me wish i had that hdr LOL. Your girl is one of the best images I've seen in a long time.  

barbult said:
    jakiblue said:

I think she is the best GU girl I've made. I really like it, too. The lighting from the HDRIHaven.com HDRI file really adds realism. It looks photographic to me.

• Very nice barbult. I bought Josie for the textures and clothing. Skipped Olympia. May only buy some older textures now. My computer is six years old. It will give out sometime. Not sure about replacing it. I have enough to occupy my time. 

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    Zev0 said:

No baking. You use it like Daz head and body morphs, where it is required in conjunction with your morph. The term merchant resource will be removed because it confuses some people. Instead I will just have rules of how product can be used on description, if people wish to sell characters using it.

That explains it. I was starting to get a bit upset when I noticed that the name had changed and there is no reference to Merchant Resource. It's not like I am likely to release anything that requires it but it seemed like dirty pool, and kind of surprising,  to change the terms of the product after I bought it. I'm glad it wasn't what I thought! I can understand changing the name as Merchant Resource is really not the greatest description of the license.

On a different note: Have you considered making it a more traditional MR? Seems like there aren't a lot of products released that require the Growing Up morphs so it might actually make you a few more sales to vendors. I guess you have your reasons but I'm curious :)

Regards

edited October 2017

"Seems like there aren't a lot of products released that require the Growing Up morphs"

There are plenty over at rendo (cannot provide links). Also, the product must be a requirement or the entire jcm and rigging system breaks. The Growing Up system ensures that all characters based on it will be rigged properly and have jcm bend support, and can maintain age versatility. If offered as a traditional MR, all that goes out the window if vendors just export a child or teen shape, and you end up with duplicated teen and child characters that lose compatibility with a lot of things, including Growing Up. Lastly, having it as a requirement on 3rd party characters based on it ensures sales continue, so I am not worried about that aspect.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Any chance of releasing the character you use in the growing up male products like you did with the female character :)

edited October 2017

In terms of releaseing additional characters, all depends on how much time I have. Right now I have Vascularity HD, Aging Morphs and Fit Control as well as G8 Skin Builder to finish before I consider anything else.frown

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

In terms of releaseing additional characters, all depends on how much time I have. Right now I have Vascularity HD, Aging Morphs and Fit Control as well as G8 Skin Builder to finish before I consider anything else.frown

HEY!!!! WHO LET YOU OUT OF YOUR CELL? Get back in there and keep working, you've got too much to do without relaxing in the forums!!!!! And BTW, rattle the chains of xenic101, we need those Musculatiry morphs too angryangryangryangry​, lol. 

edited October 2017

Lol I am in my cell. I mainly read forums while pc is rendering promos:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Can't wait.

• erostewerostew Posts: 214
    edited October 2017
    Zev0 said:

"Seems like there aren't a lot of products released that require the Growing Up morphs"

There are plenty over at rendo (cannot provide links). Also, the product must be a requirement or the entire jcm and rigging system breaks. The Growing Up system ensures that all characters based on it will be rigged properly and have jcm bend support, and can maintain age versatility. If offered as a traditional MR, all that goes out the window if vendors just export a child or teen shape, and you end up with duplicated teen and child characters that lose compatibility with a lot of things, including Growing Up. Lastly, having it as a requirement on 3rd party characters based on it ensures sales continue, so I am not worried about that aspect.

Makes sense to me. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I don't spend a lot of time at Rendo so I'm not real familiar with products there. I don't really buy child/teen characters because that just isn't my thing. That's why I like Growing Up actually: On the rare occasions that I need/want a young person in a render I can just make one from what I already have :)

Huh. Just realised that I own Teen Josie 6,7 & 8 and I don't think I have ever rendered a single image with them. Funny how a person cqan throw money away sometimes.

Post edited by erostew on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,699

I am guessing Growing up will not make a good baby?

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,252

Growing Up seems to have a downward limit of reaching about age 5.

Oskarsson and Adam Thwaites each did baby morphs for Genesis 1, but nothing since then. Or for ages roughly 2-5.

Hivewire has Baby Luna, who has roughly G2 -compatible rigging, but doesn't share skins or morphs with Genesis without a lot of hoop-jumping.

• Any news for the male version for g8?

It is done, and is awaiting a release date.

• Zev0 said:

It is done, and is awaiting a release date.

Great, I am waiting!

Male version and Bundle is now Live. Thanks for the support.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

I grabbed the bundle. A great product... smiley

• Zev0 said:

Male version and Bundle is now Live. Thanks for the support.

Is there any extra discount for owning the G8F version?