Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited September 2017

LOL I can get a bit obsessive at times I think. I just spend the whole evening on making this bass from this product https://www.daz3d.com/bass into a usable iray fish.

Its not perfect but it turned out much better and all that becaus I want to put it into  a fischtanke in my story wher nobody will ever look at the details.

bass.png
    800 x 640 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

That's one glittery fish :D Perhaps not ideal for close ups (although.. who cares if it's not an existing species?), but should work fine as a detail in the background. 

• so muh prettier then the original, and even if the details won't stand out in a whole scene a poorly shaded one would stand out - and not in a good way, so time well spent. 

edited September 2017

Here come the fish in action, as mentioned they will play a minor role but they make eloquent conversation...

Fishtank concept for my story, the lady is one of the law enforvers in this setting. All these systems are supposed to be connected: Algae-farm Krill-tanks and Fish-tanks. This was pieced together from a lot of different sets and items, the tank is an oversized drinking glass for example.

rendered in Iray, not for very long as its only concept art again

Taiduo_Fishtank.png
    1500 x 811 - 3M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Love your fishtank! Nicely done.

• Very cool and lovely thinking out of the box!  DeathbyCanon is right, if they were done badly it would stand out.  They look great in the tank.

edited September 2017

Thank you both a lot! I have been doing some thinking outside the box lately to get the parts for my story together, I hope I still have the drive when i get to render the actual story bits.

Here is somethign that surprised me yesterday when i downloaded the classic side part hair and put it on Clarke she turned to an all business lady there, I had to go some further with that so this render happened.

Clarke_all_Business.png
    1000 x 707 - 922K
  • Very cool fish tank.  Your fish looks much better in the water at a distance.  Nice.  :)

• Love that the tank is an oversized drinking glass! Your "mash ups" blow my mind! 

And Clarke is adorable in that short hair

• Linwelly said:
    This was pieced together from a lot of different sets and items, the tank is an oversized drinking glass for example.

rendered in Iray, not for very long as its only concept art again

yes

// the forum needs more smileys... unless there's a way to use custom ones like @ dA?? //

And I was going to suggest giving the fish some motion blur... and then I saw it says Iray. There's no support for motion blur in DS there yet, or is there?

edited September 2017

yes

// the forum needs more smileys... unless there's a way to use custom ones like @ dA?? //

And I was going to suggest giving the fish some motion blur... and then I saw it says Iray. There's no support for motion blur in DS there yet, or is there?

You can copy pase pretty much everythinf into this forum but its not supporting the general code, so image

Motion blurr would be something I really wish I could have for Iray but no not yet. It would be perfect for the fishies, so porbabyl something for postwok in future parts

I'm glad the mix of bits and pieces worked out so far :D

edited September 2017

I#ve been experimenting with something I consider using as part of ma Intro Page for the story. Its still rough around the edges with the squares from different layers visible and for the complete thing I want to populat the place more but I was wondering how others perceive this thing

intropage.png
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
  • Its a striking image, and I like the gradient look on the cut outs as well.  Are you keeping them like this or doing something else to them?  I really kind of like them like this...

edited September 2017

Thank you so much Sonja, here is the next step I'm making with this, still need to get rid of the layers edges, added some more people and a very light green tint to the greyscale. Then I made the foremost a bit more recognizable. My idea is to add some intro text on the left side and make a transition to a face closeup on my main char ( that will hide part of the legs from the front people, probably using bokeh for the transition) kind of elongating the panel. Over on Webtoons they have that long format where you can scroll down to read like a chapter and I like that concept very much. It gives more options on transitions and connections than the page bound format.

The thing with Webcomics is that you need to catch the interest with the first page so I really want that to be something people get hooked on and want to see where it goes

intropagea.png
    2052 x 3196 - 6M
    edited October 2017

I made my first animated gif.. Me is very proud :D

I just need to find a way to put it here... I wonder how that works

edited October 2017

While I still figure that one out here is the render for the other version

Taiduo_intro2.png
    2000 x 1414 - 5M
  • AloreeaAloreea Posts: 285
    edited October 2017
    Linwelly said:

While I still figure that one out here is the render for the other version

I'm really really love this! The lighting is so nice, and I'm really loving the background!

Post edited by Aloreea on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Linwelly said:

Thank you so much Sonja, here is the next step I'm making with this, still need to get rid of the layers edges, added some more people and a very light green tint to the greyscale. Then I made the foremost a bit more recognizable. My idea is to add some intro text on the left side and make a transition to a face closeup on my main char ( that will hide part of the legs from the front people, probably using bokeh for the transition) kind of elongating the panel. Over on Webtoons they have that long format where you can scroll down to read like a chapter and I like that concept very much. It gives more options on transitions and connections than the page bound format.

The thing with Webcomics is that you need to catch the interest with the first page so I really want that to be something people get hooked on and want to see where it goes

Oh I really like where you are going with this!  very cool!

And the portrait is stunning!

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

That portrait is beautiful! The eyes are amazing. Super cool cutouts too, neat concept. 

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    Linwelly said:

Thank you so much Sonja, here is the next step I'm making with this, still need to get rid of the layers edges, added some more people and a very light green tint to the greyscale. ...

This is an awesome design idea. It looks very modern =) Should work to grab the audience.

Thanks a lot everyody! I'm kind of excited about all this and wish I had everythign in place to go for publishing, but alas still lots of preparations...

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Looking forward to seeing more!

Looking forward to seeing more!

busy writing script... its tedious though... all these scenes to make a sense and put them into the right order and plugging plotholes.. but not to know if anybody will even like it.... wuhaaaa.. runs off panicking

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

No panicking!  One step at a time and it will all come together!

• Brave soul!  I'm impressed you are trying it out.  :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Your crowd render is unique and awesome :)  Good luck with the script writing, may the words and ideas flow!

Thanks everybody for the encouragement. I will carry on and yes on step after another sounds like a perfect good plan at that...

The words and ideas are there, in abundance, to put them down is one thing and to sort them into a meaningful plot another, and at long last will be the fun part of putting them into renders.

I'm glad you like my crowd, I was rather surprised it actually turned out the way I wanted it to look :D

Linwelly said:

busy writing script... its tedious though... all these scenes to make a sense and put them into the right order and plugging plotholes.. but not to know if anybody will even like it.... wuhaaaa.. runs off panicking

Somebody will ;D

Would checking out some resources on narrative help ease your panic? =)

Somebody will ;D

Would checking out some resources on narrative help ease your panic? =)

I've read up quite a lot about it, so in therory I'm prepared. I am writing a lot, its just kind of more work intensive than I expected surprise

But I have an outline for the story and the detailed outline for chapter 1 is put together, I have to go over that again probably several times.  I started into the detailed outline for the other chapters, though I want to see if chapter 1 hits off, It could be concluded with the end of chapter one, I don't want to invest too much time before I get some feedback

and I started on the transcript for chapter one. Whenever I scene is hitting my brain, so I can put it out and sort later.

And in the meantime I'm collecting and create stuff to be used in DS as from what I can do in DS I sometimes have to rearrange a scene to make it work. If I cant pull a view the way I planned and I get to know the characters better and can determine better how they will act

( got a lot for side characters in the sale today, that was great!)

So you're going to be publishing it WIP-style, not when it's all finished?