Golden Rules of Composition V1.5 UPDATE Now LIVE.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Geminii23 the Uninstall part was JUST for the Golden Rules item not for DS and your other content.

Update for ALL users. New Updated Material Files of the DS4.5 version will be Released this week. I'm hoping that the new Mat Files and Texture files used in this Update will solve all issues.

This Updated version will also have Metadata and work in the Smart Content tab thanks to SikSavant.

Once I hear from Geminii23 and my other Mac testers when the Update is released I will Finish the DS4.0 and DS3 versions as well. I am in the early testing stage of the Multi Overlay version of the Golden Rules at this time.

Sorry for the Delay folks but I have had power issues due to the the weather for the last week. It seems like every time the wind blows hard now I lose my power or my net service if I do not lose both.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Thank you again so much for all the hard work! Please PM me as soon as the new update is ready. I seem to not be getting notified from all the reply's lately to the threads I have been active in.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited March 2013

JGRS in use for a material/light test of Wonder Woman and Fairchild.

Thanks to Roguepilot for the awesome textures :cheese:

Still not satisfied with the way the costumes are rendering and will get advice on that :-S

Will also get input from the comic rendering thread on the ladies :-P

Can never thank you enough for this, Jad. You rawk :-)

EDIT: Ack! JGRS pic is after the test render :red:

Diana_and_Caitlin.png
    1515 x 1515 - 1004K
    Diana_and_Caitlin_for_posting.png
    1515 x 1515 - 5M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Please Read POST 1 for information on the NEW Version 1.5 of this item. The Update is live and ready for Downloading.

You can just INSTALL over the old version and all files will be replaced with the updated version. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I did making it. I'm going to ask any DS users on these forums to Update and test this version. The error in the old version SHOULD now be fixed.

If I do not get any Error reports by users in the next 7 (seven) day's I will proceed with the release of the DS4.0 and DS3 versions of the Golden Rules.

Thank you all for the Support.

edited December 1969

Can't seem to extract the download. Have tried to download it three times now. Stumped.

edited March 2013

Geminii23 said:
    Can't seem to extract the download. Have tried to download it three times now. Stumped.
    I will try a NEW zip as soon as possible.

All others let me know please.

New Zip up now.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Thank you! Thank you! So far so good in MAC OS. I will test as much as possible this week on my new render and keep you posted! Great work Jade! You have done something pretty remarkable for everyone here!

edited December 1969

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a bit yet.

TIP about the Smart content. The Golden Rule must be selected in the Scene Tab before the package opens in Smart Content.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much, Jad :cheese: It works perfectly :)

edited December 1969

A WIP update to my Against the Giant render :-P

Changed the background, Mage's spell, Ranger's attire and position (slightly) %-P

First impressions: deal with poke throughs, skin of the giant might be stretched (lines across thighs :-S) , add more Normal maps (man that was a pita but so worth it :P ), may need to make skins a bit glossier. Would be very grateful and appreciative for any comments and suggestions.

What I'm happy with: composition, thanks to JGRS :cheese: and lighting, which are 3 point lights (2 for the spell, 1 for the sword) and an sIBL.

Thank you so much for the JGRS, Jad; you rulz ;-)

Against_the_Giant_WIP_Forums.png
    2000 x 1600 - 4M
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

WOW, this is awesome. Thanks so much!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    WOW, this is awesome. Thanks so much!
    More than Welcome Wolf. Keep watching, the Double overlay version is in the works. And Other projects are in the pipeline as well.
    edited December 1969

A WIP update to my Against the Giant render :-P

Changed the background, Mage's spell, Ranger's attire and position (slightly) %-P

First impressions: deal with poke throughs, skin of the giant might be stretched (lines across thighs :-S) , add more Normal maps (man that was a pita but so worth it :P ), may need to make skins a bit glossier. Would be very grateful and appreciative for any comments and suggestions.

What I'm happy with: composition, thanks to JGRS :cheese: and lighting, which are 3 point lights (2 for the spell, 1 for the sword) and an sIBL.

Thank you so much for the JGRS, Jad; you rulz ;-)

You really don't have that much Poke Through, I would try a Push modifier first. Then only mess with Collision if I had too. The Giant texture thing is ODD, most of the time you can see all seams when this happens instead of just one set of seams. If your Shading Rate is Below .5 already I'm not sure it can be rendered out. I get this with all Elite skin textures and .5 or lower normally fixes it right up for me. Normal maps help loads but are PITA as you know. With this lighting I would keep the glossy down but some would help.

And your so welcome Bandit. Version 2.0 is a WIP so watch the thread. Prob two to three weeks out, but I'm testing at this time.
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, i'll be updating to the latest version tomorrow.
    This is such a usefull tool ! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Thanks Jaderail, i'll be updating to the latest version tomorrow.
    This is such a usefull tool ! :coolsmile:
    For most users the Updated Mat's should help. They are much better than the first set.
    edited December 1969

So far so good! I was also able to apply multiple mats to one camera so I could use Rule of Thirds and a Golden Spiral at the same time with different colors! Yah! Thank you! Thank you!

I used your plugin for assisting with my composition on my latest piece but it is another Zombie inspired piece so most likely not appropriate for the DAZ forums.

Anyone interested can check it out here:

http://geminii23.deviantart.com/art/Predator-vs-The-Zombie-Apocalypse-362271019

Thanks Jade! Awesome work!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    You really don't have that much Poke Through, I would try a Push modifier first. Then only mess with Collision if I had too. The Giant texture thing is ODD, most of the time you can see all seams when this happens instead of just one set of seams. If your Shading Rate is Below .5 already I'm not sure it can be rendered out. I get this with all Elite skin textures and .5 or lower normally fixes it right up for me. Normal maps help loads but are PITA as you know. With this lighting I would keep the glossy down but some would help.

And your so welcome Bandit. Version 2.0 is a WIP so watch the thread. Prob two to three weeks out, but I'm testing at this time.

Thanks for the tip, Jad; the push modifier works a treat :-) When I try it on other objects it makes them swell up like a balloon though :bug: Is there any way to tweak how much an Item gets pushed?

Will try rendering the Giant on his own to see if that seam thing replicates. I've never touched the Shading Rate but I do seem to remember that visible seams might happen in Reality occasionally so Imma check the Reality forums for a solution :)

And it seems that not all of the settings took when I transferred so Imma going over them and will add Normal Maps to the sword handle.

Totally looking forward to v. 2.0 and here's another instance of JGRS in use :cheese: It's for a superhero render where 2 heroes are forced to fight each other while the villians cheer. Waiting for the next version so I can compose the bad guys using the second overlay ;-)

Cage_Fight_1.png
    2000 x 1500 - 5M
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

This is supposed to be Golden_Rules_v1.5.zip, but even with Golden Rule selected in the Scene tab I'm not getting metadata showing in Smart Content, nor did I see DAZ Studio import the metadata on startup. I don't use the DIM, so I merged in the My Library folder from Default_My_Library.zip, and verified that the maps in C:\Users\KickAir8P\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\textures\Golden_rules are the ones modified on 3/26 & 3/27/2013. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Aside from that works fine, so: my first attempt using anything other than Rule of Thirds -- Jaderail, thanks again! Shot in DS4.5Pro, rendered in LuxRender (via Luxus), postwork in GIMP. Finished version in my deviantART gallery here.

Checking the Weather-App

screenshot.31-03-2013_16_.08_.11-g1_.jpg
    1025 x 823 - 364K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to do Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata, or else copy the .dsa file from the Support folder to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce\Metadata" before launching DS.

edited March 2013

. . . copy the .dsa file from the Support folder to "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce\Metadata" before launching DS.

That worked, thanks!
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

OPPS!! I should have mentioned the NEED to Re-Import Metadata. But Mikes way is much faster.

The Image looks VERY good and I'm happy the GR is now working properly for you.

edited March 2013

And to others I should tell you that I had a Power issue here at home last week and am just now REALLY sure I can use my PC without damaging it. I will pop in and get 100% caught up. I need to finish a render I'm cooking. I'm way behind on my renders, I hope you can forgive me for needing to de-stress with a bit of fun. %-P

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    And to others I should tell you that I had a Power issue here at home last week and am just now REALLY sure I can use my PC without damaging it. I will pop in and get 100% caught up. I need to finish a render I'm cooking. I'm way behind on my renders, I hope you can forgive me for needing to de-stress with a bit of fun. %-P

You more than deserve it, Jad :cheese:

Glad your power sitch is back and you can use the PC again :) I'd be bouncing off the walls if that happened :-P

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Thanks! Glad your 'puter problems are clearing up.

Back to Rule-of-Thirds (kinda-sorta) for this one, finished version in my deviantART gallery here.

screenshot.01-04-2013_23_.26_.45_.jpg
    661 x 824 - 240K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Back to Rule-of-Thirds (kinda-sorta) for this one, finished version in my deviantART gallery here.Breaking the rules is half the fun. Except that you are set for the Golden Sections the RoT works just as well. ;-)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

Back to Rule-of-Thirds (kinda-sorta) for this one, finished version in my deviantART gallery here.

Breaking the rules is half the fun. Except that you are set for the Golden Sections the RoT works just as well. ;-)
    Yeah, this should've been done with the Golden Sections and I tried it with that, but wasn't happy with how it came out. Popped in the Rule-of-Thirds mat, adjusted a bit, and there it was. Weird, considering the point of RoT is "don't center your subject", but there you go. Thanks!
    edited December 1969

Yeah, this should've been done with the Golden Sections and I tried it with that, but wasn't happy with how it came out. Popped in the Rule-of-Thirds mat, adjusted a bit, and there it was. Weird, considering the point of RoT is "don't center your subject", but there you go. Thanks!
    I'm working on Improving the Golden Sections in the Multi Overlay version. It stretches to much in this version for my taste. Testing some Scripts to auto scale each part to the Render size so that the proper aspect ratio is maintained.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm working on Improving the Golden Sections in the Multi Overlay version. It stretches to much in this version for my taste. Testing some Scripts to auto scale each part to the Render size so that the proper aspect ratio is maintained.
    Whoops, wasn't trying to suggest the problem was with the tool! Just that I tried using the GSections and couldn't get a composition I was happy with. When I tried with the RoT grid the composition practically snapped into place -- it was a bit eerie. :bug:
    edited December 1969

Whoops, wasn't trying to suggest the problem was with the tool! Just that I tried using the GSections and couldn't get a composition I was happy with. When I tried with the RoT grid the composition practically snapped into place -- it was a bit eerie. :bug:
    You didn't point out anything, I noticed it very early in my Testing of Version one. And as was just pointed out to me in a Skype chat I'm an A type. Little things bother me and I just have to fix them. That is one reason I fixed the Mats as much as I could for v1.5 and also why no new Animations have been posted by me in a VERY long time. :red:
    edited December 1969

I'm back at work folks, I took a week off to de-stress and relax. I should have the DS4.0 version of this finished this week.