Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.4.122! (UPDATED)

1234568»

Comments

• I'd have to disagree that DAZ Studio 4.9.4.117 was generally unstable, though it is true that the previous version (4.9.4.115 I think) did need a quick update to that version.

MacOS users couldn't use PowerPose unless they downloaded and installed the beta version seems to be the basis of the complaint about it taking so long to be released.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited August 2017

Is there a change log for .122? I'm not seeing it.

Nevermind, seems to be one in the first post. Was looking for it in the official documentation. Only one thing changed?

Post edited by Llynara on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

I am not mac user, then need not complain about mac . because I do not know how many mac user complain about it. 

my complain is only my view. but I clear see, daz just push 117 as public bulid untilll they actually improve power pose things. it is actually wip tool.

the improtant things is daz have never up-dated long time.   even though there are request to up-date more flexible.

but suddenly push it.   I did not know ,why daz suddenly up-date beta frequently, then push power pose. but after all, daz need to up-date something

for genesis 8 sales.   

I do not believe, it is planed for genesis8 only.  If daz release power pose template for genesis3 and genesis8, I may not disapoint much. 

even though they are still wip, and to be frankly said,  genesis3 power pose template needed to be offered at least one years before.

I simply feel, daz just need to add something new  for sales , then suddenly remember, they can tweak old power pose tools. as if it is something new.

they add face bones for genesis3, then if daz offer it for genesis3, it is real enhancement for all user. but just plan to use it to make strong point for genesis8.

why we need to see, difference genesis3 and genesis8, , about such simple pose widiget?    I have waited if daz soon offer template, after release genesis8,

but I think, daz may need not offer it. or plan to sell it by vendor.  those daz thinking simply disapointed me, then I do not believe daz can keep improvement.

everytime daz count how sales work. then will stop improvement, if it not good for daz sales. 

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

And I really feel what daz tester test. because just use some tool, with some plug in, I can easy find problems.  recently I do not touch daz stuido many times.

but today I needed to some animation, then use products with current daz studio. 

I could easy find, daz shape preset bug , and key mate bug,   but I do not hope to add new bug reports, so frequently.

So I have heared again and again, please report it as support ticket, , but untill user report it, why daz employed tester do test more carefully?

they test about animtion things? or they just test render again and again, without mix use preest, or use daz recommend plug ins?

then daz just up-date beta or product build without care much, compatiblity ? 

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2017
    L'Adair said:
    SpyroRue said:
    SpyroRue said:

Just a few things wanted to put out there for the devs... I was wondering if there'd be any chance of getting a zoom function for the render window? See what happens is I am typically rendering things twice if not three times the resolution of my screen, and especially when its going to be running for many hours or overnight etc. would be great to be able to zoom out while its in progress to see the overall image so far.

The other thing is, would there be any chance of a setting/option added to the render settings for iray to specify the number of iterations specifically? so that it will render to that point as opposed to time/convergence/samples/quality. Sometimes I render something simple, and have to extreme all those settings yet it wont clear all the speckle and noise in the mere ~260 iterations it insists to cut out on. Things may be easier if we had the option to just say "Render this scene to 4000 Iterations and stop" - If that is something achievable on daz's end laugh

Cheers

Just following up on this earlier post I made, and having seen others struggling with it automatically ending the render far too early. I have found the answer to rendering exactly the number of iterations you need. In render settings set the following:

Max Samples: to the number of iterations you want (I go 15000, cancel when i feel it is ready, I assume can go higher by clicking the gearbox and turning off or extending maximum limit)
    Max Time: 0 (This will deactivate the timer)
    Rendering Quality Enable: OFF (this puts an end to that annoying convergence, and DS will no longer assume the render is complete and stop, it now ignores Render Quality and Render Converged Ratio)

The catch is you must set this before you start the render, you cant do this with an ongoing render which has timed out in an effort to continue rendering. It doesnt seem to take. So set it up beforehand, (You can afterall cancel it when ever you want to anyway). I have heard of this from time to time, but it didnt work for me cos I was trying to continue a render, and other times it was incorrect info. I have used these progressive settings on a number of projects since and have hit the target Samples/Iterations every time.

Hope this helps somone in a similar situation

I'm glad you found your answer. I don't come into this forum very often, or I would have given you the information you dug up in the forums or figured out on your own. To take it all a bit further, you might want to do what I ended up doing. I set up my favorite Render Settings, the same as you state above, and saved a "default" scene. Then I went into Preferences and set DS to load my default scene when it opens, and whenever I start a New scene.

Looks like 15000 in Max Samples may cause us some grief when using Iray preview, though:

AndyS said:

Are you talking about the "iRay" camera?
    I never see the number or count of frames (do you mean iterations?)

This doesn't matter, cause you ever can change something in the scene or switch back to the "Texture" view.

Yes, iterations. It keeps going until it reaches the max iterations setting. But it completely ignores the convergence setting. The official release now does this too. You can check the number of iterations in the log file. Anyone else getting this?

I generally keep my Max Samples at 15000, and I find Iray preview to be a pain at times. I'm going to change my Max Samples to something small and test it, see if the preview stops rendering sooner. If that's the case, it will be time to ask Daz for another feature: a separate Max Samples for the Iray preview! lol

@ L'Adair I have played with over time yup, seen various people since iray launched post hints it could be done without timer, but what they suggested with settings (if they did at all) was incorrect/or as discovered deactivating timer/and quality didnt affect a ongoing render that had already hit its initial settings limits and wont help to resume it. I think was one of your posts that actually made it click for me. Maybe was you? At the time I wrote this I had no idea where that post was or who to search to quote lol (I also rarely come to Daz Studio Discussion forum unless something wrong or new changelog lol)

The iray settings for render wont affect the viewport AFAIK. I set for 15000 cos I am happy for it to continue to 15000 Iterations while I sleep for final renders, Id rather it render nonstop all night to clear any noise, than to stop at 5000 iterations after a few hours and be useless when I wake up.  laugh Plus cancel when ever I deem it finished for anything, computers are dumb no matter how much money we put in haha

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434

Oh pardon,

what is DAZ 4.10?
    Latest version on this site I see is DAZ 4.9.4.122 General Release.

• AndyS said:

That is the latest version.

• AndyS said:

The change log, however, does mention 4.10.x.x versions - presumably internal/private builds which haven't yet reached public status.

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

I don't know how to dl this.  I don't ever use the DIM, so don't know how to look for the newest public build release.  I have DS4.9.3.166 Pro 64 bit Windows.  In the DIM, I checked the boxes for DS4.5+, Software, and Public Build and Show Hidden. When I hit refresh, it keeps loading an old one that says 'uninstall' with the install date of 6/15/2017.  So where is the new one?

I'm probably the only one who only uses the DIM once a year to get new DS updates, sorry.....

• You can download it from the Product Library in your account on the DAZ store page. Enter 4.9 in the Filter box and hit Filter. DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro should appear, click it. Scroll down until you see the version you want, and click the corresponding Download button in the Manual column. The version you want is 4.9.4.122

• Currently the beta is the same as the newly updated release build

You can download it from the Product Library in your account on the DAZ store page. Enter 4.9 in the Filter box and hit Filter. DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro should appear, click it. Scroll down until you see the version you want, and click the corresponding Download button in the Manual column. The version you want is 4.9.4.122

Ok, I did that, and am confused because when I filter, all I get is one entry, and on the other side it just shows the available downloads, not the version.

product library filter 4.9 downloads.jpg
    1013 x 490 - 76K
    sapat said:

You can download it from the Product Library in your account on the DAZ store page. Enter 4.9 in the Filter box and hit Filter. DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro should appear, click it. Scroll down until you see the version you want, and click the corresponding Download button in the Manual column. The version you want is 4.9.4.122

Ok, I did that, and am confused because when I filter, all I get is one entry, and on the other side it just shows the available downloads, not the version.

Ok, sorry, I just took a chance and hit the dl button for the win64bit version and it's dl the 4.9.4.122 zip now.  So sorry for being such a duh.  I thought these were only available through the DIM and not through our accounts.  Thx for your help.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    sapat said:

Hover your mouse over the Download button, and the status line at the bottom of your browser window will show the full URL path and filename, which does include the full version number.

(Possibly browser-dependent; it's at the bottom in Firefox, and I think it's at the bottom in Internet Exploder, it's been a few years since I last used it.)

Note that one version is all you ever get; as soon as a beta goes to full release, it replaces the previous full release.

• AndyS said:

The change log, however, does mention 4.10.x.x versions - presumably internal/private builds which haven't yet reached public status.

I know we have discussed this before but would 4.10 be considered a major release and have some kind of Major features, Cause Daz Steve said big things were coming later this year

• AndyS said:

I know we have discussed this before but would 4.10 be considered a major release and have some kind of Major features, Cause Daz Steve said big things were coming later this year

4.x is certainly classed as a major release, though I think at least one increment was a series of perhaps lesser updates rather than a single big thing like Iray. It may be a major change in an internal respect, for example, so I would be wary of reading too much into the numbers.

• MBusch said:

Mine stops even with "Rendering Quality Enable" turned on, in both versions.

In the viewport?

• Padone said:

@AlienRenders

I am using 4.9.4.117 so I don't know if it works in the beta. But I can confirm that with viewport rendering the GPU stops as soon as the "max samples" are reached. I can also verify it with GPU-Z. That's both with interactive and photoreal modes. You have to turn off "rendering quality enable" and set the "max samples" to your desired value. Hope this helps.

Not interestend in max samples. I want it stop when convergence reaches a certain limit.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    MBusch said:

Mine stops even with "Rendering Quality Enable" turned on, in both versions.

In the viewport?

Yep! Always stop in the viewport. I am very sure about this.

• Luv LeeLuv Lee Posts: 229

The auto fit doesn't seem to be working for the Genesis 8 stuff -- when I try to use genesis Male 8 clothing there doesn't  appear to be a Geneis 8 option in thethe autofit pull down menu. II amde sure I installed all the Genesi 8 starter essentials and I have tried to auto fit Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3--none of them work.

• I saw an updated Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in DIM earlier today.

• AndySAndyS Posts: 1,434
    edited August 2017

Downloaded mine ca. 14 hours ago. Perhaps it was the already corrected version. Didn't see any update jet.
    Autofit worked fine. Even for G2 hair and cloth.

Only again the skin setting is against all suggestions in the corresponding threads here in the forum.

Post edited by AndyS on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I saw an updated Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in DIM earlier today.

Something that might be causing confusion; "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" is a bundle wrapper that contains the G8F and G8M installers. The update was probably flagged when the G8M files were added. I'm sure it used to be done the other way when G3 came out, with separate products for F and M.

• It has been quite a while since the last public beta.

I know there is private beta testing ongoing, but is there any ETA on the next public build beta?

:/

• It has been quite a while since the last public beta.

I know there is private beta testing ongoing, but is there any ETA on the next public build beta?

:/

Nothing has been said, and for the most part we haven't seen prior notice - one day a new beta pops up in DIM or is announced in the forum.

• Righto..

Thanks for the response, Richard.

:)