The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

a new Spiderman is coming out soon.

...saw an extended promo at the Sci Fi convention I attended a couple months ago.

...also saw one for some film about Nazis on the moon.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...saw an extended promo at the Sci Fi convention I attended a couple months ago.

Iron Sky http://www.ironsky.net/

edited December 1969

It arrived! My Poser Pro 2010 is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :coolsmile:

I might go ahead and install it on this laptop since I'm 3 weeks away from building Scylla. That'd give me a chance to go through the tutorials etc. and get comfy with it. Next month I'll upgrade to Pro 2012, just to catch up.

Cheese and pretzels for breakfast because I'm too lazy to go out right now. I'll have a late lunch of CHICKEN WINGS and BEER! :coolsmile:

Everyone have a great weekend! :-)

...I think you will like it (and this is from someone who has been a Daz user ever since I began in this over four years ago).

Running it on my old notebook and it works fine and actually is less crash prone than S3A. A nice feature for those of us still working under severe memory limits is that you can render in background mode or send a render process to the Queue Manager. I'm even able to use lighting effects like AO without it grinding things to a halt..

The Materials room is IMO better than the Surfaces tab/shader mixer in Studio as for one it is more straightforward to use two I notice that with a some content it seems I have better control over selecting individual material zones.

As it is a fairly powerful application, it does take a little more to master (especially the lighting system as I still find Daz Studio's to be so much more intuitive). However in just a few sessions I was able to accomplish from scratch what took me months to perfect.

As I still am waiting for the .zip installers I haven't been able to work with Studio4Pro to compare.

No intention of starting an app war here, just observations I made.

edited December 1969

...mmmm shave ice. Very popular in Hawai'i.

It originated in Japan (called kakigōri) during the Heian period (794 - 1185 AD) and was brought to the islands by sugar plantation workers who moved there in the last century.

In Japan ice would be brought down from the mountains outside Kyoto (the Imperial capital) in winter and kept in caves the name of which translates to "Ice Room". As ice was fairly rare at the time, kakigōri was an extravagant summer treat enjoyed only by the imperial court.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...yep, that's the one.

...lends a whole new twist to "I'll see you an the dark side of the moon".

(profuse apologies to Roger Waters)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I actually do that a lot, even have used poses for Sadie and Girl3 on occasion.

...MilCat poses on the other hand tend to generate some "interesting" results.

AHAHAHAHA! I know what EXACTLY you mean with MilCat poses and Victoria. :)

edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...yep, that's the one.

...lends a whole new twist to "I'll see you an the dark side of the moon".

(profuse apologies to Roger Waters)

Shine on crazy diamonds :coolsmile:

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Kyoto: I'm loving PPro so far, it renders fast and the content manager is easier for me to use, what with my bazillion runtimes. Still no complaints here!

It's morning and it's going to hit the mid-90s again today, argh! I bought a straw hat to keep the sun off my head and out of my eyes, that should help. I'll probably stay indoors most of the day and try to avoid the heat, though I might hit the honky-tonk for some music and beer if I feel kile getting off the computer (lol)!

Have a good day, everyone! :coolsmile:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Giraffe cutes!

complaint: i burned my lip on lasagna. needs a cold beer bottle to take the ouch away.

eggzept i put on fresh pot of coffee, but now i don't want coffee. oww

Beer is a wonderful painkiller isn't it

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

somehow my mouse settings got changed and i do not know how to change them back.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

somehow my mouse settings got changed and i do not know how to change them back.

Probably one of your roommates was chasing it.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Probably one of your roommates was chasing it.

it is a wacom tablet and I am using the mouse that came with it. Instead of acting like a regular mouse, it uses the place the mouse is on the tablet to determine where the pointer is on the screen.

edited December 1969

I thought I lost a gray kitten. Melody was resting in the living room so I went into the closet to count the kittens. I saw three of them. Melody came in to make sure the kittens were okay. She decided since she was there it must be time to feed the kittens. While I watch her nursing the kittens, I saw the fourth one come from hiding to get some milk. So all four kittens are doing well though they have not opened their eyes.

When do kittens open their eyes?

edited December 1969

Complaint: it's already in the upper 80s and it's not even noon! :gulp: It's going to be a scorcher today!

Non-complaints: breakfast was really good today, chicken fried chicken breast (think a chicken fried steak, only chicken), eggs, home fries and coffee! The diner wasn't too crowded for once, which was nice.

I'm taking a break from making traditional music and am experimenting with taking field recordings and turning them into soundscapes. It's actually real fun, I have a 5-1/2 minute recording of my 6:30AM walk to the bus to go to work, with wind, birds, and my footsteps - crunched that with a pile of sound manglers and came up with something that has a beat rto it! Once it's more baked (lol) I'll post a link.

Other than that, just trying to stay cool :coolsmile: and reading the PPro manual. Wheeeeeeee!

edited December 1969

IIRC kittens open eyes when they are about 14 days old or thereabouts. But, they have excellent sense of hearing, and cats use not only whiskers, but hair in their ears and eyebrows to feel their way around.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    IIRC kittens open eyes when they are about 14 days old or thereabouts. But, they have excellent sense of hearing, and cats use not only whiskers, but hair in their ears and eyebrows to feel their way around.

So that is how little gray knew that mum was near by and tried to find her so he can get milk. (actually I do not know what their genders are at this time. I assume that little tortoise shell is a girl but that is all i guess. I hear little mewing.

I see Micah on my purple chair. I do not see Melody. Guess she is with the kittens.

edited December 1969

complaint: can't sleep

OldWarehouse2_03_v004_002.jpg
    800 x 335 - 26K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    complaint: can't sleep

I want to take a nap. I am so tired. It is 12:30pm right now. I have to be at work at 6.

edited December 1969

Also, protip: take pictures of the kittens every day. This will help to determine if something goes awry with them -- did they seem peaky two days ago or three or did someone have crust in their eyes or what? So the vet can do the vet stuff easier. Not to mention that kitten pics are cuuuuuute. :lol:

edited December 1969

Non-complaints: breakfast was really good today, chicken fried chicken breast (think a chicken fried steak, only chicken), eggs, home fries and coffee! The diner wasn't too crowded for once, which was nice.

I love chicken fried chicken, but I must say I have never had it for breakfast.

edited December 1969

I found an office suite for my kindle. It asked me if I wanted to download some fonts then took me to a page that tried to sell them to me for 4.99 and I refused to buy it.

edited December 1969

Did you know young kittens do not have teeth but they have claws?

edited December 1969

Yup. I knew that.

teeth.jpg
    400 x 300 - 19K
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Here in Austin, the local places serve all kinds of stuff as breakfast specials. One of my faves is chicken fried steak, eggs, and hash browns! Yummy! Very filling, though.

Thankfully the diner is a 3/4 mile walk, so I get to burn some of the meal off coming home!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yup. I knew that.

That Kitten is a bit older than mine (I can tell because my kittens have not opened their eyes yet and that kitten has her eyes open or is it his eyes)

edited December 1969

My complaint is how you have to pick through fast food french fries nowadays to find edible ones. There are so many anymore that have rotten parts on them and taste like crap (I just had McDonald's).

I know, before I hear the "I'm sorry", I actually like Mickey Dee's occasionally and I especially like that I don't have to cook nor wait for someone else to do so, although I know the wait and smelling cooked food is very enjoyable most times.

I think I am a fast food junkie, I just can't help it.

edited December 1969

Complaint: hot outside. It's only 1/2 a block to the honky-tonk, but it's going to be an unhappy trip. I won't care coming home as I'll be full of bbq and beer! :vampire:

I'm taking my field recorder and I have it set up for surround recording. It should be interesting to see how it comes out, I'm going to record my walk, the BBQ place, the walk up to the honky-tonk, and some of that good ol' Texas honky-tonk ambiance! :coolcheese:

Then it's home to recover from the crowd, because it's chicken-poop bingo day and the place gets PACKED. It's tiny, anyway.. urgh.. I just can't handle packed crowds like I used to when I was in my 20s.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Here in Austin, the local places serve all kinds of stuff as breakfast specials. One of my faves is chicken fried steak, eggs, and hash browns! Yummy! Very filling, though.

Thankfully the diner is a 3/4 mile walk, so I get to burn some of the meal off coming home!

I am from the Kansas City area and Applebee's used to have what I thought to be a delicious chicken fried chicken, but then the bastards stopped selling it in this area. Luckily my sister lives in Tulsa and the Applebee's there still serves it, so every time I visit her I also visit Applebee's. In general though I do not like Applebee's.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    My complaint is how you have to pick through fast food french fries nowadays to find edible ones. There are so many anymore that have rotten parts on them and taste like crap (I just had McDonald's).

I know, before I hear the "I'm sorry", I actually like Mickey Dee's occasionally and I especially like that I don't have to cook nor wait for someone else to do so, although I know the wait and smelling cooked food is very enjoyable most times.

I do not go to McDonald's, I think Wendy's has better french fries.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:

Well... I posted a recipe for McDee french fries, so give those a go! :) (It is, um, somewhere on this forum. Search for McDonald's and it should come up.)

This discussion has been closed.