The Return of the Son of the Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

my Brenden is after a pancake, cutest begging face even Vooldermort couldn't ignore. but buttermilk prolly isn't good for doggy digestion. he's like a statue, drool seepage, - i bake him up a lil meatloaf.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

FYI, Poser users, there's a package for sale at the moment at DAZ that makes it slightly less painful to swap Genesis stuff from DS to Poser.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I tried taking a nap, but couldn't sit still for long for various reasons. Thus I was up all night.
    Having my second cup of herbal tea. Well actually it would be my third if you count the first one I had: Blueberry Pomegranate Green Tea.
    Misty is Poser 9 the one with the big lug of a wyvern in it? I want to know before I shell out $200 of my Vue and C4D funds for it later this month.
    draggy.jpg
    800 x 800 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Miki3 is on sale at cp http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=13111

baking meatloaf. i always buy the meat labeled hormone free, cuz it sounds like a good thing. but i have no idea what's the issue with eating cow hormones, for me or doggy.

edited December 1969

Growth hormones in USA are used to boost dairy cows' milk production. This is not always beneficial for milk quality or animal health. While the current scientific research says that there's no harm to humans if they consume meat or milk from such cow, the fact that it increases their chances to injuries is good enough reason for me to say "yeah, I'd rather eat organic or no meat or milk at all than hormone-boosted".

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It arrived! My Poser Pro 2010 is hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :coolsmile:

I might go ahead and install it on this laptop since I'm 3 weeks away from building Scylla. That'd give me a chance to go through the tutorials etc. and get comfy with it. Next month I'll upgrade to Pro 2012, just to catch up.

Cheese and pretzels for breakfast because I'm too lazy to go out right now. I'll have a late lunch of CHICKEN WINGS and BEER! :coolsmile:

Everyone have a great weekend! :-)

edited December 1969

I just tried to buy something and my order is stuck in an endless loop after I paid, keeps taking me back to pay again, and again, and again...don't know how to troubleshoot that :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    FYI, Poser users, there's a package for sale at the moment at DAZ that makes it slightly less painful to swap Genesis stuff from DS to Poser.

*sigh* Did my best to buy that :coolhmm:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Growth hormones in USA are used to boost dairy cows' milk production. This is not always beneficial for milk quality or animal health. While the current scientific research says that there's no harm to humans if they consume meat or milk from such cow, the fact that it increases their chances to injuries is good enough reason for me to say "yeah, I'd rather eat organic or no meat or milk at all than hormone-boosted".

my ice cream isn't labeled hormone free :-/

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    I just tried to buy something and my order is stuck in an endless loop after I paid, keeps taking me back to pay again, and again, and again...don't know how to troubleshoot that :(

wuh oahs - is that healthy for your cc

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I had that happen with the FREE DS4.5 RC2 - never said it was paid. I sent in a trouble ticket and after a couple of days of dead silence, I simply re-ordered it and THEN it showed up. The next day I got a nice "Your problem was resolved" bot email from Daz.

Daz the company is now at the very top of my s**t-list. Once PP2010 is installed, DS4.1 comes off my machine and I never trouble myself with Daz again. :coolgrin: Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me. But heck, I'm supporting Renderosity and RuntimeDNA now! :coolsmile:

I think in your case it's going to take human intervention, and from what I've seen the store has issues enough that it could be a bit before they get back to you. :ohh: I hope you get it resolved soonest!

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Log off and then log in again. Clear cache.

edited June 2012

Ok, PPro 2010 installed and now I'm downloading the SR pack. It's pretty cool, TONS of stuff in there and a pile of plugins for when I get Something Better(tm). Runs pretty well on this laptop, it ought to SCREAM on the quad-core! :snake:

No real complaints! I'm not DAZ software-freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :)

Post edited by Woolyloach on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

Log off and then log in again. Clear cache.

Heh yeah except Safari crashed, I'm using google DNS, which strips redirects out of URL's so I don't know whether it is me or them, uncertainty is a killer and I swore off TD work this year LOL, I'll have another look at my orders page tomorrow or so. I was curious to see whether there is a workaround for the moving joint centre issue - importing genesis into poser is one thing, getting it to drag around conformers on an animation timeline seems a big - intractable? - problem

edited December 1969

In that case? Redirect-stripping could be the culprit.

edited December 1969

Ok, PPro 2010 installed and now I'm downloading the SR pack. It's pretty cool, TONS of stuff in there and a pile of plugins for when I get Something Better(tm). Runs pretty well on this laptop, it ought to SCREAM on the quad-core! :snake:

There is a python script in the Scripts Menu > Utilities folder called collectSceneInventory, which will generate a per-scene report on the integrity of the path names of the figure or prop files loaded into a scene, or collect all the assets into one folder as well :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

There is a python script in the Scripts Menu > Utilities folder called collectSceneInventory, which will generate a per-scene report on the integrity of the path names of the figure or prop files loaded into a scene, or collect all the assets into one folder as well :)

Wow, that's cool! I've been reading the Quickstart guide and the PDF manual, it's nice to have REAL documentation (lol)! I haven't done a test render yet, that's for later.

Almost lunch time! What to bite, what to bite? :snake:

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    In that case? Redirect-stripping could be the culprit.
    Too manny redirects in an endless loop should have thrown some error reporting. I'll take a look at some logfiles when I get an energetic moment, all my stuff seems to be working right now, don't want to mess with it :)
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,951
    edited December 1969

I did not know where the kittens were, but I did find them after looking. They were in my closet. Melody cannot make up her mind where she wants her kittens.

edited December 1969

I did not know where the kittens were, but I did find them after looking. They were in my closet. Melody cannot make up her mind where she wants her kittens.

She's feeling insecure about their safety. If you have a single room where you can put in the box, plus your kittehs, with food, water and litter box, it would make the task of locating kittens (and their poop) easier.

edited June 2012

:P Heh sounds wonderfully furry at your house :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Finally caught up on installing my RDNA and Renderosity content (not all my Daz content, though - just base figures, morphs, and hair).

With the new Poser content, I have almost 40GB of 3D content! And about 6GB of 2D content! Yikes!! :gulp:

That'll keep me going for ages, now! I'm stopping at Gen4 figures since I'm just doing illustrations/Web comics and nothing fancier.

Meh, I should shower before I go out for lunch! Then I'm going straight for WINGSSSSSSSSSSSS! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Something else cute

giraffe1_01_002SML.jpg
    800 x 800 - 150K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,825
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Torndados don't happen where you live? Might want to reconsider that statement. Tornadoes are unlikely would be more accurate.

When I was a kid we had a tornado - a small one, hardly news worthy, but a tornado - run through my neighborhood in Santa Rosa. The area I lived in hadn't seen a tornado in what, a century or three - perhaps longer. There was even a tornado in Yellowstone at one point.

Tornadoes can happen pretty much anywhere and anytime if conditions are met. How often they happen, on the other hand, varies.

...we've had tornadoes out here in the Pacific Norhtwet. mostly in the semi rural environs east of of the city. A few years ago there was a fairly strong twister that mowed though Downtown Salt Lake City. This is a rare occurrence particularly in this region since mountainous terrain tends to have a disruptive effect on winds and air currents.
    edited June 2012

Giraffe cutes!

complaint: i burned my lip on lasagna. needs a cold beer bottle to take the ouch away.

eggzept i put on fresh pot of coffee, but now i don't want coffee. oww

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Giraffe cutes!

complaint: i burned my lip on lasagna. needs a cold beer bottle to take the ouch away.

I have no beer bottles.

edited December 1969

Giraffe cutes!

I have no beer bottles.

did you go to the movies ?

edited December 1969

Giraffe cutes!

I have no beer bottles.

did you go to the movies ?

No I decided to order pizza instead. Got the pizza and it is hot.
    I tried looking up the times at Fandango for the movies but the matinee tickets of the movies i want were sold out.

edited December 1969

I am so hot. I hope the air conditioner will cool down the apartment soon.

edited December 1969

I am so hot. I hope the air conditioner will cool down the apartment soon.

I think there's an angry storm rising. I can feel zaps around my temples, which suggests that something electric and pressure-related is going on. But the air is much cooler now.

This discussion has been closed.