Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I wish the Forum search facility had an advanced option. I have a question about INJ's that I'm sure has been asked and answered before but I can't discover a grammar for more precise searches. When I enter multiple search terms they all seemed to be "OR"d together, and I just want to read forum posts that contain all of certain key words. Searching a single forum, or even a single thread would also be nice. For instance, I don't know how to check (without reading 64 pages in this Forum) whether others have asked for advanced search capabilities, they are under development, or they already exist.

You can use google (or any other search engine) to do your search, and add "+site:daz3d.com/forums" (without quotes) to the end of your search. This will search within the daz forum posts, and use google's (or other search engine's) more sophisticated search engines.

I even created a script that automates this for you, and changes the default forum search to use google search. Just  type whatever you are searching for like usual, and you'll be taken to the google results. See link in my signature, and it's the "change forum search to google" script.

• Ati said:
    I even created a script that automates this for you, and changes the default forum search to use google search. Just  type whatever you are searching for like usual, and you'll be taken to the google results. See link in my signature, and it's the "change forum search to google" script.

Your scripts are amazing!! Thank you so much for making them available.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

The forums are not uploading images. It says uploading forever and nothing is happening. The file is under the limits and only 600 px. Not large at all. Been this way for three hours.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Sure it's not the usual random glitch requiring a couple or three re-uploads? It worked OK for me just a couple of hours ago.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I found the problem, I put a "&" in the file name. It won't load. FYI, neither will a hyphen. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    Novica said:

I found the problem, I put a "&" in the file name. It won't load. FYI, neither will a hyphen. 

Depends on the type of hyphen, there are several and they have different character codes. The one on my keyboard on the same key as the underscore works fine here in the forum, have used it many times. Technically I believe it's the "hyphen-minus".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyphen-minus

Novica said:

That's odd, I use hyphens in filenames all the time, and never had an upload fail because of that.

Other symbol characters are a different matter. Windows allows almost any symbol in a filename, so do MacOS and Linux, but they aren't all the same "almost any". For maximum compatibility, I keep to the old standard of using only alphanumerics, "_" and "-".

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Novica said:

That's odd, I use hyphens in filenames all the time, and never had an upload fail because of that.

Other symbol characters are a different matter. Windows allows almost any symbol in a filename, so do MacOS and Linux, but they aren't all the same "almost any". For maximum compatibility, I keep to the old standard of using only alphanumerics, "_" and "-".

It might not be OS-specific.  It might be an HTML thing, or even something specific to this forum software.

Dana

DanaTA said:
    It might not be OS-specific.  It might be an HTML thing, or even something specific to this forum software.

I can easily believe that last one — this forum software does things in ways I've never seen before anywhere else on the internet, in all my years of being active on all sorts of forums.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

I'm not certain whether this may have been asked and answered earlier somewhere amongst the 65 pages of this thread, but does anyone know what the limit, if any, is on the number of image attachments that can be included with a single post?

• SixDs said:

I'm not certain whether this may have been asked and answered earlier somewhere amongst the 65 pages of this thread, but does anyone know what the limit, if any, is on the number of image attachments that can be included with a single post?

I think I remember it was mentioned way back when image attachment was finally fixed (it wasn't working right to begin with) — there isn't a limit on the number of attachments, there's a limit on the total file size of all the attachments. Can't remember the actual number, though.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited February 2017

Thanks, Kitty. I guess there's only one way to find out for certain. laugh

Actually, if I run into a ceiling, I'll pop back here and share what I've found.

Update: Well, I haven't found a limit (yet). I am up to eight attachments on a single post and the forum software accepted them without a hiccup. Mind you, each one is not terribly large - about 450 to 600 Kb. The images are all similar in format, being a roughly portrait aspect ratio, so eight was a kind of magic number as they lined up neatly along the bottom of the post. I may try a second row later and see how that works.

For those that might be wondering, I am attempting to limit the length of the thread (the other one) by doing this. 

Post edited by SixDs on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

@SixDs

If you want to experiment, over at the Art Studio section of the forums, I started a thread just for images...

It was created so people could attach their images to their posts in that thread, and then in a different post (the one that matters), insert the link with your text, getting around the thumbnail at the bottom issue... 

It's great for when one is showing a process or explaining steps... Text, picture... Text, picture... Etc...

Or just plain easy linking your images so you don't have just the thumbnails...

Its here:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/59113/an-ot-thread-for-images/p1

I think there is at least one post with 36 or 37 image thumbnails attached to it... Mine usually don't go more than six...

• think you can embed as many offsite ones as you like though

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited March 2017

I would like to make a request for an animation forum, or a thread for animation that is sticked in the commons or the art forum.

I have recieved quite a few message and emails over the last year asking me if daz had a animation forum or where they can go to learn animation from other daz users.  so it is my belief  that a animation forum or stickied thread would be surely used by many users wanting to learn animation or a place to share idea's and work flows and how too's. without having to search through a endless sea of threads in the art forum thats does not have anything to do with Daz studio animation. we use to have an dedicated animation forum that I never understood why was removed when daz changed to a new forum format..  So can we please bring it back?

I have put in a support ticket for a animation forum or thread a few times with no reply and recently I have asked a couple of moderators  to have a sticked animation thread or a forum just for daz animation.  can someone at Daz explain why this would be a problem to create?   I ask you all please if anyone else would be interested in animation forum,  please send your request to daz support for it. the more  voices that request this the better chance we will get a animation forum.  I just don't understand whywe can't have an animation forum like we use too.

That is my request. Really is there any reason to why this can not be done?

Thank you for reading my comment

Ivy

Post edited by Ivy on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

I guess the new forums aren't new anymore, that and I found this thread floating away and no longer a sticky... So I guess we no longer post our questions here?

Alas, you were a good sticky thread, but I suppose you did you job and all sticky things must come to an end...

Good bye my sticky friend.

• tapestryentertapestryenter Posts: 1
    edited March 2017

Hi everyone. I'm new to Daz and love it. I'm making a Sci-Fi film and am in need of Alien monsters which I have already purchased from Daz. I really suck at animating them to do battle with my Real life, Green screened Actors with space guns. I plan to super impose the Aliens and Actors onto a composited background. Is there anyone who can help? (Picture of dead Alien attached)

Allen Dead d2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 432K
    Post edited by tapestryenter on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

A request.  PLEASE add in a slide view for multiple images loaded into one post.  In the Commercial thread esp for published artists that have allot of promo and renders to share for upcoming products.  Click, dismiss, click, dismiss for more than 3 or 4 images much less 10 gets to be annoying as all heck. 

Thanks!

RAMWolff said:

A request.  PLEASE add in a slide view for multiple images loaded into one post.

A good point — it's straightforward enough to edit a post to include an inline larger copy of one image, but doing it for a large number of pics can get tedious.

• Qestion? Of late I have been having problems posing Adessa hair the icone to poe it are there. I have been going back and froth with trch support but have been beating my head agaist the wall.  I also purchased

Easy Shape Master - Age Control and Body Tuning for Genesis 8 Female download download & install 46139 $16.95
    Easy Flex - Muscularity Morphs for Genesis 8 Female and Merchant Rensource

Neither of thses products work either. I have given up on DAZ as tech support is an extremely low priority for them I have canceld my club memebership and intend to get all my new stuff from other web sites, but I would like what i paid for to work. At this point I am on the verger of uninstalling everything and starting over.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2017

Hi HadCancer what problems are you having with the Adessa hair??Do you mean Odessa hair?

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Don't work how?  I have Easy Flex and it installed with DIM and does work.

Edit:  This is the about the third time I have had a post that seemed to post when I hit the button only to find the next day that it didn't.  Anyone else having this problem?

• carrie58 said:

Hi HadCancer what problems are you having with the Adessa hair??Do you mean Odessa hair?

Yes I mkeant Odessas hair. I see icons to change hair on both sides in tree and smart index but click on then and nothing happens, same for the other 2 products I just recently bought. All my old stuff still works. I have tried deleting and reinstalling and both through DIM and through direct connect and no joy. Got message from tech support to stop doing that. Thech support says it works for them. It looks like I need to reinstal DAZ Studio as I suspect it got corrupted some how.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    HadCancer said:
    carrie58 said:

Yes I mkeant Odessas hair. I see icons to change hair on both sides in tree and smart index but click on then and nothing happens, same for the other 2 products I just recently bought. All my old stuff still works. I have tried deleting and reinstalling and both through DIM and through direct connect and no joy. Got message from tech support to stop doing that. Thech support says it works for them. It looks like I need to reinstal DAZ Studio as I suspect it got corrupted some how.

That answer is one of the reasons why a lot of people hate tech support..."It works for me!"    angry 

Dana

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    HadCancer said:
    carrie58 said:

Okay first thing what version of DAZ Studio are you using and then are you sure that you have the hair selected in the scene tab before you click on the poses? I frequently end up cussing cause something isn't doing what it should only to double check and find I was on something else in the scene .........

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited August 2017

Help, I've got a problem with the Forums suddenly (today). I used to be able to type in straight text and it would be automatically formatted into paragraphs, etc. I also used to be able to add images, set text styles and so on - no I just have this unformatted text box to type in and no way to mark text as links, add images, ...! I'm attaching a screenshot to show my problem.

ETA: I just discovered that I can still get the "proper" format entry box in Chrome browser. Trouble is I prefer to use Internet Explorer for most of my browsing. Has something changed recently (i.e. today) to stop it working in IE9? I'm using Chrome to add this, so I can expand that image which I couldn't before...

Capture.JPG
    1115 x 351 - 50K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Very nice ....dropping an hello by really enjoying doing this in my spare time

Something just happened.  I was signed out, big surprise, and then I hit the sign in link at the bottom of the forum page I was on and I was signed in from there without leaving the page.  Was this just a once in a life time time saver or did these guys figure out a faster way to log folks back in? 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited September 2017
    RAMWolff said:

Something just happened.  I was signed out, big surprise, and then I hit the sign in link at the bottom of the forum page I was on and I was signed in from there without leaving the page.  Was this just a once in a life time time saver or did these guys figure out a faster way to log folks back in? 

I always get automatically logged in to the forum without doing anything (just see a short note "logging you in" and that's it). Maybe because I always log in to the store before going to the forum. And I never get logged out, at least not without getting logged in automatically again. Maybe because I'm always logged in to the store with at least one store page open, when visiting the forums. Using IE11, and Roboform to log in, btw.

Post edited by Taoz on

I do often hit the store in the AM to check up on new lights and what not but even if I'm logged in there I can go to the forum and a good many times I'm logged out as the page is loading.  So this little link at the bottom of the page this AM is usually just a link to my log on page, which is just more clicks.  This AM it logged me in from that link without having to go to the logon page and then back to the forum page....