Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    AllenArt said:

Custom dialed Mike 8, Kimo 7 skin, darkened slightly.

Laurie

What a great job on him Laurie, he almost looks like the fresh prince of bellaire!!!!

• AloreeaAloreea Posts: 285

AllenArt said:

Custom dialed Mike 8, Kimo 7 skin, darkened slightly.

Laurie

Wow, that looks amazing!

• AloreeaAloreea Posts: 285
    edited August 2017

This is a character morph that I made a little while back, a few days ago I decided to change her face a little.

I forgot whether she uses a little of Gia 7 or Victoria 7.

WEC.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 551K
    Post edited by Aloreea on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Last character study for awhile. Gonna take a break ;)

Michael 8 plus base morphs. Finally baked out Darius 7's maps to the base Genesis 3 Male uvs ;).

Laurie

Jerome-M8-Custom-Character-D7Skin.jpg
    1600 x 2200 - 629K
  • mmkdazmmkdaz Posts: 335
    edited September 2017

Hello friends! It is always a pleasure to come to this thread and see what new, creative renders everyone posted! I love it!

Here is another V3 to G2F conversion, where I'm trying to get a nice looking skin setting without a top coat. Thanks again!

V3G2FStanding9-3-2017.jpg
    1500 x 914 - 73K
    Post edited by mmkdaz on

Sorry. I uploaded twice, and I don't know how to delete a photo.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    magnumdaz said:

Sorry. I uploaded twice, and I don't know how to delete a photo.

If you hover your mouse curser over the image attachment thumbnail you will see the "delete" command.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited September 2017

Featuring characters with textures that I've updated using a (quite frustrating but more or less effective) product available elsewhere. In which Zena has something to say to her baby (twin) brother Zere, while Byson and Cayman look on, bemused.

Click here for larger, and for more information about the production.

Byson, Zere, Zena, Cayman

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • This is probably the best I've done with dark skin to date.  It was a frustrating render, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.  This uses Makemba for Centaur 7.  Clicking on image should go to gallery.

Saw this video in a friend's Twitter feed, and thought it might be useful here. (Among other things, it let me know that I was thinking of specularity in a slightly different way than the camera was necessarily seeing it.) (Also, Twitter is the easiest place to see the video, as the MIC site makes it difficult to pop it out to see in isolation from all the other stuff on the page.)

HBO's Insecure has mastered the cinematographic art of properly lighting black faces.

@Knittingmommy, that's a really nice image. I am curious about what's happening about halfway down the centaur body, though; the stripes completely fade out and you've got a hard geometric circle that's partially visible. Is that the texture, or is something else happening?

• vwrangler said:

Saw this video in a friend's Twitter feed, and thought it might be useful here. (Among other things, it let me know that I was thinking of specularity in a slightly different way than the camera was necessarily seeing it.) (Also, Twitter is the easiest place to see the video, as the MIC site makes it difficult to pop it out to see in isolation from all the other stuff on the page.)

HBO's Insecure has mastered the cinematographic art of properly lighting black faces.

@Knittingmommy, that's a really nice image. I am curious about what's happening about halfway down the centaur body, though; the stripes completely fade out and you've got a hard geometric circle that's partially visible. Is that the texture, or is something else happening?

I always find it very strange when people struggle with dark skin. I really, really love dark skin and I think so many people are afraid to have it look... well dark. Black is skin is like a diamond, light it right and it will dazzle, sparkle and reflect beautifully. You have to embrace it.

• vwrangler said:

Thank, @Vwrangler.  I'm pretty sure that's a result of the gobo lighting I used.  It had green circles of light everywhere which gave a nice effect for the image.  Most of them had a nice blend into the figure and the background, but it hit at just the right angle on that centaur coat to get an edge of sharpness in that one spot.  I think because there was more surface area, perhaps?  

That was an interesting video.  I had already started figuring some of that out with my own experiments.  It's nice to know I'm heading the right direction.

Karuki said:
    vwrangler said:

I always find it very strange when people struggle with dark skin. I really, really love dark skin and I think so many people are afraid to have it look... well dark. Black is skin is like a diamond, light it right and it will dazzle, sparkle and reflect beautifully. You have to embrace it.

@Karuki  I love the look of black skin.  I do think it's beautful when done right.  Unfortunately, I don't always manage to light it well.  When I first started out, I just tried lighting dark skin with the exact same lights as all other skin which didn't exactly look good.  I'm getting better at it, though.  I think what she said in the video was interesting because I'm just now learning that about darker skin and actually playing up on that in my renders.  I never realized that until recently.  I'm learning how to reflect the light more on my darker characters.  I wish I had seen that video or someone had told me that earlier.  It would have saved a lot of terrible renders.

• Yesterday I made a facegen morph of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson. I threw it on Genesis 3 added some lights and a beach scene. What do you think? What do you think besides the skin should I tweak to get it closer to his features?

•  Think I've done something wrong

• Here it is finally not sure how to make it smaller

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

... The Rock is not black. He's Samoan.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    edited September 2017

He's also black (from his father).

That said, the skin texture is definitely not his. (but Grafx said that, so)

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited September 2017

It is all about the lighting.  I just buy light sets to make it easier for me.  This was done with iRadiance - Light Probe HDR Lighting for Iray - Expansion 1 and Scintillant Portrait Lights for Iray

Sarai.png
    989 x 882 - 845K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
    edited September 2017

Here is another rendering I did today. I captured another facegen of the Rock so I could use the texture. Hope you like it!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • dewy010dewy010 Posts: 7
    edited September 2017

Double Trouble with Darius 6 HD

Nice posts everyone. Great job with facegen @Grafx Studio wow! I need to look in to that.

I too, like to use hdri for my renders. Modifying the intensity allows you to control the exposure. And you can add spot lights if you need them.

Here is Wamuiru texture for V3 modified for G2F.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this thread. Thank you again.

RENDER 99-21-2017.jpg
    1500 x 967 - 120K
  • magnumdaz said:

Nice posts everyone. Great job with facegen @Grafx Studio wow! I need to look in to that.

I too, like to use hdri for my renders. Modifying the intensity allows you to control the exposure. And you can add spot lights if you need them.

Here is Wamuiru texture for V3 modified for G2F.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this thread. Thank you again.

Ooh, nice render

The forums have gotten busy again! Haven't been this busy in...maybe 7 or 8 years it seems! This post was on page 5 already. Bump!

CANVAS 9-25-17.jpg
    1500 x 911 - 196K
    edited October 2017

Mostly just a test render of some things. 

(Slightly) more information and a larger image at this link.

i think i'm underdressed

edited October 2017

Custom dialed G8M characters for all of them. The two on the left use Kimo and Darius textures; the one on the bottom right side of the net uses Samsil's B-Jay G2M texture; the one on the top right uses Jinn V4 Male.

Very slightly more information here.

spike!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Unofficial promo of my shaders (dress is Merimay with one of the extended transparencies + red satin preset)

• edited October 2017

my own freebies on rendo

Anaya face shot.png
    300 x 350 - 187K
    GABRIELLA.jpg
    460 x 309 - 83K
    Carique1.jpg
    400 x 478 - 138K
    Post edited by brazilcoco_eeb9b90ce6 on
  • another image of one  of my characters 

anaya pond.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
    edited November 2017

Look who wanted to dress up like a Roman Gladiator. So I thought it would be fitting to shoot it in woods. Hope you like?

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,921

New simple Smacky pic, color correction in Photoshop. I don't worry too much about how dark skin looks straight out of Studio when I'm going to use Curves and NIK Tools on it anyway.  :)

She should be the default Victoria 9 character...I effin' love smacky!