Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Working on a character with skin that is mix of Monique 7 mats, Victoria 7 mats, and the base G3F mats. 

I think the shader might need some tweaking though. Any suggestions on decent Iray skin shaders for darker skin characters? 

Nice characters Diva. I use this http://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-3.  But sometimes I just use a particular skin then tweek the base color and the translucency color/weight.  Look at the settings for a character you like and try and use those as a guide.  I often turn white/tan skin into black skin by fooling with those same settings.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

some beautiful black men,

Oh, I remember the picture you probably based that scene off of, Wodaabe men. Looks like the DAZ characters of the G2M 6 actually weren't daring enough in portraying some African religious and cultural practices of the past and preset.

male african tribal makeup google image search (which shows quite a few women too)

You win the price nonesuch00. Though its not just one picture I used as reference. These are Wodaabe men at the gerewol festival. And they try to show the white of teeth and eyes to impress the ladies. If you look for Wodaabe on the net you find a lot of pictures and info.

It's very good scene you made. Very pretty and true to the pictures I saw of them. It must of been in NatGeo, I've been reading that since I was a elementary school child. I didn't know you could get G3 models to do such a face.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited December 2016

Working on a character with skin that is mix of Monique 7 mats, Victoria 7 mats, and the base G3F mats. 

I think the shader might need some tweaking though. Any suggestions on decent Iray skin shaders for darker skin characters? 

Nice characters Diva. I use this http://www.daz3d.com/iray-smart-converter-and-advanced-skin-managers-for-genesis-3.  But sometimes I just use a particular skin then tweek the base color and the translucency color/weight.  Look at the settings for a character you like and try and use those as a guide.  I often turn white/tan skin into black skin by fooling with those same settings.

Thank you! :) That's on my wish list and hopefully it will go on sale soon. 

I've only been doing 3D art for about 8 or 9 months and still haven't gotten a handle on Iray settings for darker skin characters - the shaders I've often used on other characters just make the darker skin characters look waxy or something. I'm going to do some studying and see if I can figure out some better settings. Thanks for the advice. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    Linwelly said:
    Linwelly said:

some beautiful black men,

Oh, I remember the picture you probably based that scene off of, Wodaabe men. Looks like the DAZ characters of the G2M 6 actually weren't daring enough in portraying some African religious and cultural practices of the past and preset.

male african tribal makeup google image search (which shows quite a few women too)

You win the price nonesuch00. Though its not just one picture I used as reference. These are Wodaabe men at the gerewol festival. And they try to show the white of teeth and eyes to impress the ladies. If you look for Wodaabe on the net you find a lot of pictures and info.

It's very good scene you made. Very pretty and true to the pictures I saw of them. It must of been in NatGeo, I've been reading that since I was a elementary school child. I didn't know you could get G3 models to do such a face.

Thanks a lot nonesuch00, I've been reading the german version of those mags ( well its not exactly the same but similar in style, called GEO) when I was young, so lots of interesting stuff about people all around the world.

The expression is dialed in all with the head pose controls that come with the g3 male.

• Fauvist said:

I was the one who started the first original BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL  thread a couple of years ago.  I'm really pleased that it's still going (in this second incarnation) and that there are here 858 comments and almost 79,000 views!  When I posted the first message it was because I was frustrated with the lack of African-American, or otherwise Black, characters and traditional hair.  Now the Black charactrers are some of the most beautiful characters on the market, with gorgeous skin, facial features, and hair styles.

I think a lot of it simply goes to people contributing to the thread and showing that there's been a need for it. Sometimes the list itself has been hard to keep up with since there's been times I've been away but I've tried. The thing I'm least looking forward to is that with RDNA's closing I'm going to need to filter through the whole list and purge things. It's been a while coming since a few characters from Rendo and a few individual sites have likely disappeared over the past couple years.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited January 2017

New characters at Rendo:

- TDT Ottavia for Monique 7 (Deva3D)

- TDT Abeni for Monique 7 (Deva3D)

- Twyla G3F (Reciecup -- I'm really glad she's putting out characters again.)

And new here: http://www.daz3d.com/derek-for-darius-7

And just for the heck of it: Mace G3M by Gypsyangel. He comes with Iray Uber (left) and Anagenessis (right) shaders.

Mace

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Here's Danica for G3F by Mousso

Danica2.jpg
    709 x 882 - 331K
    Danica1.jpg
    709 x 882 - 259K
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

Sasha Black Toon

Here's Danica for G3F by Mousso

Wow! She's beautiful! Those eyebrows are on fleek! 

• Excellent work on so many different projects in this thread. Always lurking, never commenting, but figures you all needed to know how awesome this thread is progressing. Lovely skins and nice lighting tips. Keep it going everyone!!

Alliekatblue: Those look like real photographs to anyone who isn't familiar with CG! Excellent work!

Excellent work on so many different projects in this thread. Always lurking, never commenting, but figures you all needed to know how awesome this thread is progressing. Lovely skins and nice lighting tips. Keep it going everyone!!

Alliekatblue: Those look like real photographs to anyone who isn't familiar with CG! Excellent work!

Thanks Rashad

edited January 2017

Hey all. Could you guys take a minute to give me some feedback? I'm trying to figure out which texture I want to use for one of my new characters. I think some feedback would help me decide. Which texture do you guys prefer? 

(You can click to enlarge.)

Any feedback you care to give would be much appreciated! :)  Or if you would just let me know which you think looks better (the texture on the left or on the right), I'd appreciate it. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Uuuuh. Wow.

That's a hard one... I really like both.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

I like both too, though lean a bit towards the left

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
    edited January 2017

I also like them both- but the tip of the nose on the right is a different color than the rest of her face- so I'll go with the left. But I...  think the left has a more subtle coloring that will take lighting beautifully....

Post edited by Summerhorse on

I like the left, richer color

edited January 2017

I love kitbashing skins and morphs. Here is one of the Top model morphs with Nevaeh by TwiztedMetal @ Rendo.  

And here is FWSA Saffron with Monique

Nila 1.png
    735 x 882 - 588K
    Kianna 1.png
    735 x 882 - 840K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753

Hey all. Could you guys take a minute to give me some feedback? I'm trying to figure out which texture I want to use for one of my new characters. I think some feedback would help me decide. Which texture do you guys prefer? 

Any feedback you care to give would be much appreciated! :)  Or if you would just let me know which you think looks better (the texture on the left or on the right), I'd appreciate it. :)

Definitely the one on the left.  The one on the right isn't a bad skin but doesn't work with the makeup choice.

edited January 2017

Thank you for the feedback on the skin, everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Virtual_WorldVirtual_World Posts: 1,078
    edited January 2017

Honor Student (DeShawn, Redz Real Curly Hair, H&C Business Suit B and Painter's Lights plus one of the HDR environment images that comes with Poser)

Studentweb.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 710K
    Post edited by Virtual_World on
  • Honor Student (DeShawn, Redz Real Curly Hair, H&C Business Suit B and Painter's Lights plus one of the HDR environment images that comes with Poser)

Great image!  :)

edited January 2017

Just picked up Hellboy's new hair and I love it.  Made a little character for it from a little Kalea and a little Monique a little Teen Josie and FWSA Ramona from Rendo skin is Senna by Silver The hair color is from the expansion pack.  

Erica .png
    711 x 882 - 760K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited February 2017

Pamela! My newest hackjob.Pamela!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • abe01abe01 Posts: 29

My newest creations with Zbrush. Could anybody take a minute to give me just some feedback?

newAfroHead.png
    800 x 800 - 951K
    newAfroHead2.png
    800 x 800 - 889K
    newAfroHead3.png
    800 x 800 - 904K
    b4_beach.png
    800 x 800 - 556K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited February 2017
    abe01 said:

My newest creations with Zbrush. Could anybody take a minute to give me just some feedback?

Sorry, hadn't seen these before. What sort of feedback are you looking for?

My initial impressions are that newAfroHead2, newAfroHead3, and b4_beach are the most realistic, if that's what you're after. The first one, I'm not quite sure about. She feels a bit exaggerated, although I can't quite tell you why. (Although ... hmm. Are heads 1-3 all the same morph? If so, maybe she looks more exaggerated purely because she's looking straight at the camera, and the others arent.) Hope this is useful.

And, just for the heck of it: featuring Darius 7, Monique 7 and (very technically) P3D Kensey as the little one, "Up all night: the morning after" (link to larger version in Daz Gallery)

Up all night the morning after

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

Definitely left.

-MJ

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679

Pamela! My newest hackjob.Pamela!

Awesome!

-MJ

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    abe01 said:

First 3... she looks a tiny bit exagerated, but then I've seen people with exagerated features so it's not totally out there.  The expression in the straight on view doesn't look very good with her lip shape though.  Fourth one looks very realistic..  not beautiful, not ugly, a girl next door kinda face.

• Hey all. Could you guys take a minute to give me some feedback? I'm trying to figure out which texture I want to use for one of my new characters. I think some feedback would help me decide. Which texture do you guys prefer? 

I like the one on the right. The one on the left looks a bit reddish.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

I love kitbashing skins and morphs. Here is one of the Top model morphs with Nevaeh by TwiztedMetal @ Rendo.  

And here is FWSA Saffron with Monique

Excellent renders all, ALLIEKATBLUE. Is FWSA Saffron this dark, or did you achieve it through lighting? I know that sometimes vendors de-pigment their characters in the promos. BTW, no one has mentioned Samanyo by Javier Michael. He is a type that has not been represented in Dazland (unless you count Sean for David 5 and Dean for David 5, but they were both lighter).