Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• Great renders here, everyone-it's really nice to see such a collection of skin tones.

One I'm working on:  She's still WIP, but I really wanted a nice, deep and rich skin tone for her.

• xyer0 said:

I love kitbashing skins and morphs. Here is one of the Top model morphs with Nevaeh by TwiztedMetal @ Rendo.  

And here is FWSA Saffron with Monique

Excellent renders all, ALLIEKATBLUE. Is FWSA Saffron this dark, or did you achieve it through lighting? I know that sometimes vendors de-pigment their characters in the promos. BTW, no one has mentioned Samanyo by Javier Michael. He is a type that has not been represented in Dazland (unless you count Sean for David 5 and Dean for David 5, but they were both lighter).

No Saffron is not that dark at all.  I fooled around with the base color and translucency values

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685
    xyer0 said:
    No Saffron is not that dark at all.  I fooled around with the base color and translucency values

Thanks for letting me know. She looks nice.

• This was an accident, not trying to make a black character. The character is P3D Tatiana from Rendo, GenX converted, but when I applied the N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution shader, she was a lot darker. So I dialed in a little Monique 7 and there you go, TatianaMoni.

TatianaMoni.png
    808 x 881 - 634K
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

New cute little character from Thorne, Mika 7 with the character FWSA Sparkle and a little bit of Monique 7 dialed in.  Tweaked the skin for a darker look.

MikaMoni.png
    738 x 881 - 602K

Here is the same character using Nevaeh skin texture.

MikaMoni2.png
    738 x 881 - 482K

Here is 3DA Maryse for Mika 7. Really cute

Maryse.png
    738 x 881 - 464K
    edited March 2017

Great renders here, everyone-it's really nice to see such a collection of skin tones.

One I'm working on:  She's still WIP, but I really wanted a nice, deep and rich skin tone for her.

Wow, she is beautiful. nice detail on the skin

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

Honor Student (DeShawn, Redz Real Curly Hair, H&C Business Suit B and Painter's Lights plus one of the HDR environment images that comes with Poser)

This looks like an actual photo

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

This is my first image contribution to the thread. I call her Honey, Honey! The face and the attitude remind me of a young Vivica Fox. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Woman 1.jpg
    885 x 950 - 660K
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited March 2017

I don't often post renders (usually not good enough) but these were quick and easy from the standard Iray dome light. I post more to show the versatility of dials and morphs. We have a need for older characters which I fill using those morphs and dials. Here's one of the results.

Black Olive 2.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Black Olive Swimwear.png
    1200 x 1200 - 812K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited March 2017

This is my first image contribution to the thread. I call her Honey, Honey! The face and the attitude remind me of a young Vivica Fox. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Her lacrimals aren't visible or pink enough, I'm not sure which, and her eyes don't look watery enough. Her lips are too smooth looking. She has absolutely no expression.

Other than that she looks photographic for the most part to my inexpert eye.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Greybro- Yeah, I saw the Deshawn render some time ago and was extremely impressed just as you are. Virtual World never disappoints.

Darwin- She looks incredible. Her dark rich skin tone is fantastic. The skin has a nice softness to it. I look forward to seeing the final result if this is not already it.

Allikatblue- I love the feminine atttitudes of the ladies, and the way you always manage to create characters that connect with the camera. In the other thread we were discussing the clinial details of beauty in human beings and how we represent that in our texture files. The examples I'm uploading today are to demonstrate that I think there is a bit of a science to the whole human beauty thing and when we are sensitive to it we can actually see it's magic at play. If I've done my job correctly you should get a bit of a headache over the close-up of Honey's boyfriend. We'll call him Espresso. I do have a great interest in knowing your opinion.

Marble- Wow! Amazing looking woman. The age details are excellent. Yes, we do need more representations of maturity and vitality and health at the same time.

Nonesuch00- Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I'm going to investigate those things. These are Octane renders, I have yet to make any feasible headway with Iray and skin, but ideally I should be able to accomplish the same look in Iray. But best to get it right in Octane first. For the lacrimals I feel you are most certainly correct, they are a bit small and they are a bit too dark. I'll see what I can do about the wetness of the eyes. This is Genesis 1 so there's no eye surface mesh. For the lip I may have to enable displacement, an approach I was hoping to avoid but I can see that it might be unavoidable.

This entire series of images is a sort of proof of concept for a skin product I'd love to release someday. Though both the male and the female look veru different, they are actually wearing variations of the same Michael 5 texture series. Basically there are two main textures, and each is represented in 17 different skin tones ranging from very pale to very dark. The textures themselves have been carefully constructed to only contain the information needed to be believebale as skin, but not to be so detailed that they grab the viewer's attention away from the morphing.

Woman 2.jpg
    1156 x 950 - 957K
    Woman 3.jpg
    728 x 852 - 538K
    Man 1.jpg
    1016 x 950 - 590K
    Man and Woman.jpg
    1600 x 950 - 1M
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,685
    marble said:

I don't often post renders (usually not good enough) but these were quick and easy from the standard Iray dome light. I post more to show the versatility of dials and morphs. We have a need for older characters which I fill using those morphs and dials. Here's one of the results.

Very convincing. A closeup would be appreciated.

Greybro- Yeah, I saw the Deshawn render some time ago and was extremely impressed just as you are. Virtual World never disappoints.

Darwin- She looks incredible. Her dark rich skin tone is fantastic. The skin has a nice softness to it. I look forward to seeing the final result if this is not already it.

Allikatblue- I love the feminine atttitudes of the ladies, and the way you always manage to create characters that connect with the camera. In the other thread we were discussing the clinial details of beauty in human beings and how we represent that in our texture files. The examples I'm uploading today are to demonstrate that I think there is a bit of a science to the whole human beauty thing and when we are sensitive to it we can actually see it's magic at play. If I've done my job correctly you should get a bit of a headache over the close-up of Honey's boyfriend. We'll call him Espresso. I do have a great interest in knowing your opinion.

Marble- Wow! Amazing looking woman. The age details are excellent. Yes, we do need more representations of maturity and vitality and health at the same time.

Nonesuch00- Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I'm going to investigate those things. These are Octane renders, I have yet to make any feasible headway with Iray and skin, but ideally I should be able to accomplish the same look in Iray. But best to get it right in Octane first. For the lacrimals I feel you are most certainly correct, they are a bit small and they are a bit too dark. I'll see what I can do about the wetness of the eyes. This is Genesis 1 so there's no eye surface mesh. For the lip I may have to enable displacement, an approach I was hoping to avoid but I can see that it might be unavoidable.

This entire series of images is a sort of proof of concept for a skin product I'd love to release someday. Though both the male and the female look veru different, they are actually wearing variations of the same Michael 5 texture series. Basically there are two main textures, and each is represented in 17 different skin tones ranging from very pale to very dark. The textures themselves have been carefully constructed to only contain the information needed to be believebale as skin, but not to be so detailed that they grab the viewer's attention away from the morphing.

Well the skin loooks very good if a bit perfect, perfect is what customers needs that want to customize your product for uniqueness...which I hope will be easy too. 

The fellow's eyelashes and the sclera on both - I know they ain't ain't your test's focus but the sclera are too white and the fellow's eyelashes are not evenly distributed along the edge of his eyelids. Yes, I do know males and females with eyelashes that thick and even longer so it's not that.

The skin, well it's hot and it's sunny so the sheen is expected but I am used to seeing pictures where that sheen is blurred and so while not a technical problem on your part I am not used to seeing images with that level of focus. 

edited March 2017
    xyer0 said:
    marble said:

This is using Painters Lights ...

BO_Portrait.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on
    marble said:
    xyer0 said:
    marble said:

Very good. The crow's feet are the best I've seen on a DAZ character.

edited March 2017
    marble said:
    xyer0 said:
    marble said:

Very good. The crow's feet are the best I've seen on a DAZ character.

Thank you. And thanks to Zev0. :)

Post edited by marble on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Was very happy to see how well Rasta hair would fit on a G2F.

Monique Meditating.png
    1350 x 1080 - 2M
  • Been trying out a few pieces I've designed in Marvelous designer... I get so much noise in this set uo tho... no idea why?

JazHeadwrap7res.jpg
    1572 x 2000 - 3M
  • FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

Been trying out a few pieces I've designed in Marvelous designer... I get so much noise in this set uo tho... no idea why?

That's absolutely lovely!  Big white/light expanses always take the longest to clear up it seams, also dim lighting doesn't help and you have both.  Just let it run overnight and it should clear up.  =)

• Fisty said:

Been trying out a few pieces I've designed in Marvelous designer... I get so much noise in this set uo tho... no idea why?

That's absolutely lovely!  Big white/light expanses always take the longest to clear up it seams, also dim lighting doesn't help and you have both.  Just let it run overnight and it should clear up.  =)

Thank you! I think it's because it's all a midtone, they seem to get the noisiest? And I'm sure I don't really know if all materials and settings are optimised haha 

I also did this (attached) which I've been lucky enough to have reposted on instgram countless times!

Daz has been good to me so far!! 

JazGoldCloseupres2.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 3M

ooo.. you should put that in the gallery here!

• Fisty said:

ooo.. you should put that in the gallery here!

How do I do that? Sorry I'm totally new!! 

I don't honestly know.  LOL

• Fisty said:

I don't honestly know.  LOL

I think I figuired it out! ha! 

• This is my first image contribution to the thread. I call her Honey, Honey! The face and the attitude remind me of a young Vivica Fox. Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I'm totally seeing the Vivica in this. She's pretty, what hair did you use?

• Was very happy to see how well Rasta hair would fit on a G2F.

Love how the shaders make the braids look.

• Anacinabe And The Reptillian

used 

Love Is Pinup - 9.29am200117

used 

Nyarai On The Menu

used 

I'm totally seeing the Vivica in this. She's pretty, what hair did you use?

Thanks much! The hair is Carrara Dynamic hair, fully native to Carrara, which is excellent. No one ever badmouth's Carrara's hair particles.