RRRR Aprils Fools Contest - with prizes *closed*

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
edited April 2013 in The Commons

Ha, I got you!

I know you have been dreaming about this, and now it is a reality, here and now, in this very forum, the Random Runtime Roulette Render Aprils Fools Contest. As your might understand by the name, this incarnation of the RRRR contest is themed, and the theme is as you probably also have guessed, Aprils Fool.

Who can play?

Anyone can play!

How do you prepare yourself for play?

The rules are very simple, but first you need to have all your items in some kind of order in a text file, dumped from the itemized history into a text file or a spread sheet. Remove things like software, gift certs, and special plugins from the list.
Then you use a randomizer to randomly pick 4 items from your list (your Runtime). You can use items from any store.

Special Aprils Fools rule: If you were among the lucky bastards that won a prize in the last RRRR, you're so fortunate that you need to pull a fifth item, yes that's right, a fifth item. If you did win two prizes last RRRR, you have to pick six items this round. II bet you'll laugh when I make my six item pull, but beware;-)

Randomizer that works well: Random Org

There are some situations where you allowed to redraw, these are:

- You picked something that doesn’t work, broken thing, only works in a version / software not used etc etc.

- You picked a software or add-on to a software or anything you should have filtered out from the list.

- You picked only huge environment props and will not be able to render a scene without crashing.

- You picked an item you already have been using in two RRRR renders in this content and that was picked randomly. Three is a curse - rule!

Bundles

If you pull a bundle, use two three complete items from it, or more if you like, but you do not need to use all, but only picking a hairpin from V4 Complete Bundle is “too little”. Clarification: A bundle still counts as only one pulled item.

The rules of madness!
Now you have successfully picked four items (or five or six items if you were a lucky bastard last contest), make a scene, you can add other items as well but the one you picked should be prominent or cleverly used. Render it, post it and make us all laugh! Remember though that the renders must follow the TOS of the forum.

As the theme is Aprils Fool, the scene should at least touch the subject.

There are two categories, Funniest and Best, you get it.
A fun render might maybe not be a super great render but will cause the viewer to fall of the chair laughing.

Contest duration!

It stats now, and will go on until Sunday April 21 23:59:59 DAZ local time. That's a month of foolish madness, enjoy it while it lasts.

Yes, we have prizes, thanks to our sponsors!

This months sponsors so far:

Jaderail (Now officially known as RRRR core sponsor) is sponsoring with a $20 DAZ GC (as usual).
Luci45 is sponsoring with a $20 DAZ GC.
Kaputcha is sponsoring with a $10 DAZ GC.
Jack Tomalin is sponsoring with an item from his catalogue.
ART Collaborations is sponsoring with a $10 DAZ GC to each winner.
I myself will add an item of choice from my store for the winner in each category (which I cannot say where it is to avoid making this a commercial thread), but winners will be noticed by PMs when the time comes.

If you want to sponsor this RRRR, send me a PM or post in the thread!

More to know?

I will might edit this when new info on sponsors arrive.

Maximum number of entries?

Yes, this time we limit the number of entries per person to seven, seven the number should be.

Are you ready to render in 3….2….1…..go!

Entries!

Post your entries here together with your pull and your comments, and feel free to comment on other peoples work as well.
We post images in the Entries only thread with tag and name.

Bohemian3 has a special $10 GC prize for the best newcomer (someone with "few" forum posts and recently joined.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Guess when my wife's birthday is...

...yep.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

You can enter your birthday render then ;-)
    Need to add all my madness stuff to my RRRR spreadsheet so I can pull...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I know I keep saying I will try to get one done and I do try but too be totally honest I can never think of any cool or funny to do. Now if I could render my face then you could all have a laugh...I do.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

OK, my first pull, with five items!
    Parkside High Poses
    Gargoyle Hound Poses
    Jungle Hideaway
    Sushi Time One
    Veranda House (Poserdirect)

:-) :lol: :cheese: %-P :roll:

edited December 1969

After entering everything new into the system, I make a pull mostly containing only with old, very old and ancient stuff ;-)

Shin Tokai (The New City)
    Ravenna
    Salsa Hair
    DMs Circle
    Real Woman 001
    Sepulture

Thats two V3 characters, a M3/M4 male hair, Three prop/environment sets (one with V4/Genesis poses), but I think I can handle it.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

This sounds like a fun one! I'm glad you mentioned this in the JAS thread because this was already on page 2 by the time I logged on.

I will post my pulls in the near future (almost used the "s" word) but things are a little crazy here with RL stuff right now. I just wanted to post and bump this back to the first page for now. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Oh, you bet I'm in!

First pull:

450 - Nature for Enchanted Wings
    816 - Swimming Pool
    314 - Dream Home: Foyer and Living Room Furniture - London
    460 - Daiquiri Dress for V4

Um, does the fact that this pull is pretty much an April Fool's joke all by itself count?

Okay, I can do this....

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Can somebody toss some dice for me, please? :)
    Diapason up to 4248

edited March 2013

Kattey said:
    Diapason up to 4248

I found this one for you, and used it

3980 4110 1284 1351

Random numbers generated Mar 22 2013 at 19:46:5 by www.psychicscience.org
    Free educational resources for parapsychology, psychical research & mind magic.

That's good idea, I ask for a toss for my next round myself!

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Kattey said:
    Diapason up to 4248

3980 4110 1284 1351

Thanks, Totte!
    The results:
    The DragonBraid for Victoria 4
    Wolf Leathers
    Headphones
    HouseMouse

edited December 1969

Totte, what is your diapason?

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Totte, what is your diapason?

I think it has something to do with inflation but it's constantly changing (specially this month) so I post it when it's time for a pull, last was 3311, but now it is 3316...... and counting (just like that female voice in the Villains nest at the end of a James Bond movie)...
    But I think I've done pretty well as I bought my first item, Sultana, in April 26, 2010, but started "for real" in September 2010.
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited March 2013

90- Bulldozer
    739-Shelter (redraw, the previous number in this slot got me a tutorial)
    755-So Real Niamh (hair texture)
    949-WWII Jeep Plus (addon for WWII Jeep)

So Jeep and Niamh Hair are implicit in what I've drawn. Getting some interesting ideas.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited December 1969

Ok, here are four numbers from the same generator :)
    741 2736 2530 2887

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Kattey said:
    Diapason up to 4248

3980 4110 1284 1351

Cool! Always good to have a second source!

Excel (2007 and later) also has a passably-decent Random() function, so if you keep your runtime list in an Excel spreadsheet, that's another alternative. (Unfortunately, I use a version prior to that - and see no compelling need to upgrade just to help pay Ballmer's electric bill - so I'm kinda SOL in that respect!)

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 461
    edited December 1969

This one should be very interesting! Put me in for another $10 gift certificate as well, Totte. I'll work on a pull when I have my list updated... :P

edited December 1969

Totte#1

Totte said:

Shin Tokai (The New City)
    Ravenna
    Salsa Hair
    DMs Circle
    Real Woman 001
    Sepulture

Other items used
    V3 + full morphs + Bombshell V3 + V3 Outlander
    V3 + full morphs + V3 Wild and Messy + jartnia
    Genesis + Horatio Morph + Zombi + Dental Plan + Shenadoah_officer
    Genesis + James M5 + M5 Elite hair + Police Officer + Agony poses

Campus zombie apocalypse Aprils Fool prank

They lured campus guard Jackson out to the old college cemetery to play a prank, it went a little too well. They never had to show a hall pass ever again.

R9-AF-01-Final.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 351K
    edited December 1969

Who will pull for me?
    Diapason up to 3116

Remember, six items (for being a lucky bastard twice last time).

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

OK, here goes my first pull of the month...

1011 = Parkside High Lobby
    808 = Modern Lawnmower
    445 = Maces and Cudgels
    708 = Dream Home Garage

Mmm - a bit heavy on the buildings and hardware, but plenty of scope for extras.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited December 1969

PS: Nice prank, Totte - you've got us off to a good start. :)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Who will pull for me?
    Diapason up to 3116

Oh, I did one pull in this post but I'll add two more

So number are 741 2736 2530 2887 and 1414 1771 :)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I want to play! But, I don't understand how to make my list. Is there a program that will compile the list for me, or do I have to do it manually? Also, should I take out figures such as Michael 5, Aiko 4, etc? Do I include morph packages, texture sets, props, etc? I don't know what to include. I understand taking out plugins, software, etc, but don't get the rest of the rules.

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    I want to play! But, I don't understand how to make my list. Is there a program that will compile the list for me, or do I have to do it manually? Also, should I take out figures such as Michael 5, Aiko 4, etc? Do I include morph packages, texture sets, props, etc? I don't know what to include. I understand taking out plugins, software, etc, but don't get the rest of the rules.

Simples way to play is to use DIM (DAZ Install Manager), select all in your "installed tab", then rightclick and do Export as CSV, and import into your favorite spreadsheet.

Only remove things from the list that doesn't work, or things that are for a specific program, for example if you will render nd DS, exclude Poser lightsets or carrara shaders.

choose.jpg
    197 x 197 - 12K
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Totte said:
    Who will pull for me?
    Diapason up to 3116

Oh, I did one pull in this post but I'll add two more

So number are 741 2736 2530 2887 and 1414 1771 :)

Sorry, missed that post, OK, line is coming.

edited December 1969

Pull #2 (or result of Kattey's pull for me)

#741 2009 Argon Fleet 3DS (Rendo)
    #2736 Skyrider
    #2530 Roman Times
    #2887 SY Peasant Tunic G (Rendo)
    #1414 Easy Environments Eternal Sands
    #1771 Hr-073 (Rendo)

OK, Two hairs, a peasant tunic, a Scifi car, some spaceships, (12 untextured space ship models in 3DS format, a real challenge of its own ) and a large desert environment, I feel the force is strong with this one.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Totte... that will work. Now, to expand on the question, let's say I have Casual Male for M5 (which I do). Does my list just say Casual Male and I use the whole outfit, or does my list have pants, shirt, boots listed and only one of those will come up with the randomizer? Also, are shaders and items installed by manual methods included? How about items bought in another marketplace?

edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Thanks, Totte... that will work. Now, to expand on the question, let's say I have Casual Male for M5 (which I do). Does my list just say Casual Male and I use the whole outfit, or does my list have pants, shirt, boots listed and only one of those will come up with the randomizer? Also, are shaders and items installed by manual methods included? How about items bought in another marketplace?

If you pull "Casual male" which is an item, you gotta use it, maybe not every item (some have 9 items in a set), but the majority. For other market places, I spent some good time going through all the lists and copy/paste to a spread sheet. For manually installed shaders/plugins they can be ignored if you want, or added, your call, just get list, pull and render. You can make one pull now, then add your stuff from other markets and then make your second pull with more stuff (it always increases between pulls, specially during March madness or PA sales.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,648
    edited December 1969

Best Sushi Ever
    Tag: luci45#1

Natsumi's new boyfriend took her to eat "the best sushi ever" on April Fools Day. He was very amused to see her alarm when she heard growls coming from the stone Gargoyles.

Used:
    Parkside High Poses
    Gargoyle Hound Poses
    Jungle Hideaway
    Sushi Time One
    Veranda House (Poserdirect)

Also used:
    Sushi Time Two
    Oppa Oppa Asian Male Head Morphs
    Asian Female Head Morphs
    Punked for Daydream
    Maya texture for V4
    Prep Gear
    Pure Hair Charming
    Pure Hair Wild
    Curious Tea furniture
    Curious Passage ground
    LoRez Arab Males
    Skies of Tierra
    Pimp My Prop

best_sushi_ever.jpg
    1470 x 1180 - 549K
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Best Sushi Ever
    Tag: luci45#1

Natsumi's new boyfriend took her to eat "the best sushi ever" on April Fools Day. He was very amused to see her alarm when she heard growls coming from the stone Gargoyles.

Wow! Starting att full throttle I see!

edited December 1969

OK, got my list done. I'm still new to Daz, so my list only has 125 items on it.

My first draw was: 120, 34, 45, 23
    Wicker Park for Effortless Cool
    Freak 5 Action Poses
    Handy for Genesis
    Duke Hair

I personally think these are too easy to put together, as they are all male or neutral items. If it pleases the powers that be, I'd like to use my second draw, which was: 125, 17, 32, 104
    Zac Hair for Genesis
    Boots & Belt for Supersuit
    Freak 4 (can I use the Genesis morph instead of the actual Freak 4 Base figure?)
    Summer Casuals Fitted Sundress