RRRR Aprils Fools Contest - with prizes *closed*

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Luci45 said:
    Some great renders here already!

Welcome, newcomers!!!

Can somebody pull my next items? My runtime is at 1546. (I forget that fancy word that Totte used. ;-P )

It was not I who used it, it was Kattey, I just picked it up ;-) diapason is rthe word
    You got 5 items I think?

Your lucky numbers are: 187 1529 250 600 326

Thanks, Totte. "That went well."

Here is my next pull:
    Workbot
    Charger Horse
    Creature Maps for V4
    Double-crested Cormorant
    Hampton Hair

Hmmm, at least I have a choice of environments.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    polka dot said:

But what's this tag? Do I need to add something else? And where?

Just add "TAG:Polkadot#1" in the top of your post in the entries thread, so it's easy to identify when we're voting,
    and then #2 etc for the forthcoming entries....

Btw, great entry, a little "Ken OBanion" over it, which is a good thing btw ;-)

Hmm, Totte, I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened!
    Oh! Is my picture that bad? Btw.: I like your party!

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Zawarkal said:
    IDEAS! yes I'm thinking that too!
    I've never been into practical jokes so the April Fool's theme is a tough one for me.

LOL- I was the clown in the class so for me this is as natural as riding a bike or walking (but you who know me have that figured out already)

My oldest son was his class clown too. I had to ask him for help with my first idea. :red:

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510
    edited December 1969

polka dot said:
    Totte said:
    polka dot said:

But what's this tag? Do I need to add something else? And where?

Just add "TAG:Polkadot#1" in the top of your post in the entries thread, so it's easy to identify when we're voting,
    and then #2 etc for the forthcoming entries....

Btw, great entry, a little "Ken OBanion" over it, which is a good thing btw ;-)

Hmm, Totte, I don't know whether to be flattered or frightened!
    Oh! Is my picture that bad? Btw.: I like your party!

No, I think Ken just feels threatened that someone else comes close to his wackyness ;-)

edited December 1969

I need to add more items to my pull list as my total daz content just is not large enough to give me a good random mix. In my first draft I searched on known purchase sites, but this pull also included some free items found on those sites. Is it okay if I leave some of the free items in my random list? Or, do all pulled items have to be purchased or prize/gift items received?

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    I need to add more items to my pull list as my total daz content just is not large enough to give me a good random mix. In my first draft I searched on known purchase sites, but this pull also included some free items found on those sites. Is it okay if I leave some of the free items in my random list? Or, do all pulled items have to be purchased or prize/gift items received?

It's ok to pull free items (most of us have a bag full of DAZ weekly freebees and I've got both xmas freebees and some other freebees in my list, they never ever show up in a pull (except scissors lift (DAZ Weekly freebee) which is up again and again).

edited December 1969

okay then here is my pull #02

327 sixus1's dragonz wings of the wyrm
    421 raven Mohawk hair rdna free item
    456 spooky tree rdna free item
    501 xurge's v4 elven armor barbarian legends

now to come up with an idea

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

i've been wanting to enter one of these for a while now, it seems like everybody has a lot of fun, and even though i've made some pulls before, intending to enter, I've never ended up finishing the pictures with the items I drew, so i've never entered.

but now i have one just about done, tweaking in postwork now and will definitely finish, so here's what my random items were:

606- Parkside Station
    435- Magic Containers
    324- Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis
    236- Order Up

will put it up in a little bit :)

edited December 1969

...so here's what my random items were:

606- Parkside Station
    435- Magic Containers
    324- Pure Hair: Crazy for Genesis
    236- Order Up

Ok here it is.
    Fool Girl...That Wasn't The Salt Shaker

As her shift winds down at the old boardwalk fry stand, Kelsie hunts around for something to season her midnight snack. On the peculiar little shelf under the counter, beside the backup supply of mustard and dusty bottles that might contain coffee creamer or parmesan cheese, there are other weird knickknacks—a vial of beach sand, a cheap cut-glass crystal, some kind of ceramic leaf pod, and a horn with a little brass plaque claiming it once belonged to a... minotaur?

Whatever.

Kelsie plucks out two matched triangular containers, one light colored, the other dark. They are chipped and heavy. An odd pair of salt and pepper shakers, she thought as she eyed them, but what wasn't odd in this dirty old place?

When she popped the cork out of the lighter bottle, a puff of green smoke trickled out, and with it came a sound like the echo of a thousand cellos....

In addition to the random items, I used:
    Young Teens
    Olivia for V5
    Kobold
    The Medolian
    Moonshines Diner Interior (I, II, III)
    Pure Hair Fantasy
    Picnic Tables
    Carnival Midway Games
    Quickwind

I had fun making it, trying to come up with a story in my mind to connect the items. :) Hope it makes some of you smile.

FoolishGirl-ThatWasntTheSalt.jpg
    712 x 998 - 159K
    edited December 1969

TAG:Totte#3

Totte said:

#527 Scissor Lift
    #369 LoREZ Horse
    #2824 Stealth Beast for Starship Sky Hammer
    #454 Noggin's Cow
    #2698 Shilla Warrior
    #1023 Castle Ruins

Also used:
    V4 + Sosie V4 + Shilla Fashion + Gregoria Hair
    Starship Sky Hammer
    Boing 737
    Moonshine Dinner ground
    LowPoly Blocks 2,3 & 4
    Ring of light

Poor Bella, she believed the cow and the horse really should travel first class

Poor-Bella-s.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 340K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    TAG:Totte#3
    Totte said:

#527 Scissor Lift
    #369 LoREZ Horse
    #2824 Stealth Beast for Starship Sky Hammer
    #454 Noggin's Cow
    #2698 Shilla Warrior
    #1023 Castle Ruins

Also used:
    V4 + Sosie V4 + Shilla Fashion + Gregoria Hair
    Starship Sky Hammer
    Boing 737
    Moonshine Dinner ground
    LowPoly Blocks 2,3 & 4
    Ring of light

Poor Bella, she believed the cow and the horse really should travel first class

well you made that scissor lift look way too easy :) guess I'm just going to have to kick start my muse

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

And now to pull for Round 2:

1518 - Moonlit Moonshines Diner
    917 - Silverkey 3D Fawn
    9 - Safari Starter
    1672 - Sense

I actually had an idea brewing up until that last one. Well, it's only two more hours till Happy Hour; maybe a Martini (or two) will help....

Finally got this one done!

This one turned out to be a screaming terror, as well. (God, I hope this isn't going to turn into a trend!) I had to resort to that hoary old 'scene within a scene' trick, which I'm actually starting to find a bit tiresome; mainly because it just smacks of a dodge.

And speaking of the 'scene within a scene' trick...

Did you know that there is no way to place a scene in the movie screen of the Moonshine's Drive-In, that does not involve hacking the texture (which is what I ended up having to do). Man, that seriously blows!

Also Used:
    (From Safari Starter Bundle:)
    Serengeti Millennium Environment Texture
    Panther (w/ Jaguar texture)

And...
    Safari Camp
    Moonlit Moonshine's Drive-In
    Moonlit Moonshine's Diner Interior
    M3 (x 2)
    Digger James and Eagle-Eye Donovan
    M3 Scout
    Michael 5 (Philip texture)
    K-Nicky Hair for Genesis
    Town & Country for Genesis
    M5 Casual Wear
    Riley for Stephanie 5
    Dark Moods for Genesis
    Pure Hair Crazy
    Meet Me At Sundown (Ring)

TAG: obanion#02

Title: That Sucker Better Be Real,Jackass!
    Michael's reputation as a practical joker finally came back to bite him on the tookus when he chose April 1st to propose to his girlfriend.

RRRR_AprilFool02.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    edited March 2013

And my pull for Round 3:

661 - The Duelist for David
    470 - The Mage
    1259 - Interiors: The Diner
    1099 - Serenity Arches Pack

Hmm, maybe I should have asked someone to pull these numbers for me, 'cause I have absolutely no clue what I'm going to do with this mess!

Oh, by the way, Totte - in your 'Zombie Apocolypse' render, is that a Confederate Army uniform your zombie is wearing? (Is that what they mean when they say, "The South shall rise again!"?)

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Oh, by the way, Totte - in your 'Zombie Apocolypse' render, is that a Confederate Army uniform your zombie is wearing? (Is that what they mean when they say, "The South shall rise again!"?)

You are correct sir!
    edited December 1969

OK my "weird now forgotten word" is 3351, who will gimme some lucky numbers?

edited December 1969

I pulled for a second picture, hopefully I will be able to work on it:

194 - Iyeyasu's Tomb
    560 - Bulldozer
    548 - Creature Creator Bodies
    541 - Opus Magnum

random.org seemed to feel my luck was in the mid-500s for some reason... i guess we'll see.

Totte, I'll pull some for you, now, hopefully you'll get a nice spread :)

edited December 1969

Here you go, hope you like 'em - you still need six?

edited December 1969

Here you go, hope you like 'em - you still need six?

Thanks, yes, I was lucky bastard twice last one ;)
    Now let's see what you gave me...

#2755 Skies of Economy
    #1132 Colors for Meg Hair
    #2851 Steam Truck Red Bizon Expansion
    #53 Beowulf M4
    #3349 Zombie Snow Plow
    #1531 Finder II) - bah An old plugin I've forgotten to remove, I redraw that in random.org, got: 943
    #943 Blades of Legends (Rendo)

OK, weird mix, will take a while.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Ok here it is.
    Fool Girl...That Wasn't The Salt Shaker

As her shift winds down at the old boardwalk fry stand, Kelsie hunts around for something to season her midnight snack. On the peculiar little shelf under the counter, beside the backup supply of mustard and dusty bottles that might contain coffee creamer or parmesan cheese, there are other weird knickknacks—a vial of beach sand, a cheap cut-glass crystal, some kind of ceramic leaf pod, and a horn with a little brass plaque claiming it once belonged to a... minotaur?

Whatever.

Kelsie plucks out two matched triangular containers, one light colored, the other dark. They are chipped and heavy. An odd pair of salt and pepper shakers, she thought as she eyed them, but what wasn't odd in this dirty old place?

When she popped the cork out of the lighter bottle, a puff of green smoke trickled out, and with it came a sound like the echo of a thousand cellos....

In addition to the random items, I used:
    Young Teens
    Olivia for V5
    Kobold
    The Medolian
    Moonshines Diner Interior (I, II, III)
    Pure Hair Fantasy
    Picnic Tables
    Carnival Midway Games
    Quickwind

I had fun making it, trying to come up with a story in my mind to connect the items. :) Hope it makes some of you smile.

It made me smile! Beautiful render - i love the poses, colors, misty glow - it's just very cool. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Thank you Luci45! I appreciate it.

And good luck with that interesting mix of items, Totte....

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    okay then here is my pull #02

327 sixus1's dragonz wings of the wyrm
    421 raven Mohawk hair rdna free item
    456 spooky tree rdna free item
    501 xurge's v4 elven armor barbarian legends

now to come up with an idea

tag: Zawarkal#02
    title: |:| The Great Gallery Hoax |:|

Unbeknownst to the patrons, the Michael Whelan exhibit did not arrive in time for the Gallery's Gala Opening. So in desperation, the gallery owner substituted an unknown artists collection to pass off as Michael Whelan's art.

I saw in wikipedia where they also include hoax's along with pranks for April Fool's Day. So here is my attempt at creating a hoax. I am also including a larger version of the smaller image on the gallery wall. I think it turned out pretty and want to share it as well. The extra image is titled, |:| Lightning Flies |:|

LightningFlies.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 317K
    hoax.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 505K
    edited December 1969

here's pull #03

366 Jetboard Antigrav Board (dreamslayerartworks freebie)
    416 Pine Tree (content paradise)
    517 V4 Ski Fun Poses and Equipment (rdna)
    521 V4 Wired (rdna)

it may be a little weird, but I've actually got an idea for this one... let's see if I can make it work

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

@Lucy45 - thanks for your comments
    @Zawarkal - nice pix. i bet michael whelan wished he had done them. definitely his style.

Draw#2
    740 - R75 Motorcycle
    307 - Fantasy Camp II
    368 - Gothic Housemaid
    1136 - Wolf

Also used Casga Outfit, Boudoir Whispers for V4, Millennium Teeth

Gopherus #2
    My But What Big Teeth You Have!

Wolf thought it would be a howl stealing Granny's false teeth and parading around the woods on april fools day
    pretending to be Granny. Granny was not pleased. Now it s Red Riding Hood to the rescue.
    Bet she wishes she had taken the time to put on her leathers before starting the chase.

redRider.jpg
    864 x 864 - 503K
    edited December 1969

gopherus said:
    @Zawarkal - nice pix. i bet michael whelan wished he had done them. definitely his style.

Draw#2
    740 - R75 Motorcycle
    307 - Fantasy Camp II
    368 - Gothic Housemaid
    1136 - Wolf

Gopherus #2

Wolf thought it would be a howl stealing Granny's false teeth and parading around the woods on april fools day
    pretending to be Granny. Granny was not pleased. Now it s Red Riding Hood to the rescue.
    Bet she wishes she had taken the time to put on her leathers before starting the chase.

Very funny! Love the idea.
    thank you for your comment, though I think you've got it backwards... Michael has it on me anyday... but I'm hoping for one day :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited March 2013

gopherus said:

Draw#2
    740 - R75 Motorcycle
    307 - Fantasy Camp II
    368 - Gothic Housemaid
    1136 - Wolf

Gopherus #2

...funeeeee. Looks like "Lil' Red " has everything in hand...er...handlebars.

Actually met Mr Whelan years ago at a Westercon. Love his work. He is the artist who basically "made" Piper's Fuzzies a Sci-Fi icon.

(BTW what ever happened to the Fuzzy thread?)

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

@Zawarkal and Kyoto Kid Thanks for your comments.
    You were in the right place at the right time to encounter Whelan.
    I don t know about a Fuzzy thread
    perhaps if it survived Pernese dragonfire it might just be underground to rise again.

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    here's pull #03

366 Jetboard Antigrav Board (dreamslayerartworks freebie)
    416 Pine Tree (content paradise)
    517 V4 Ski Fun Poses and Equipment (rdna)
    521 V4 Wired (rdna)

it may be a little weird, but I've actually got an idea for this one... let's see if I can make it work

tag: Zawarkal#03
    |:| Folly on the Slopes |:|

Best not to make the alien skiers mad or they may decide to switch your skis for an antigrav board.

comicPageTUsm.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 472K
    edited December 1969

A question for the judges:

If an entry somehow runs afoul of the TOS (which has happened in the past), what is the preferred protocol?

Does the contestant try again with the same random items, pull a new batch, or must he/she simply forfeit that round?

The reason I ask is because my current effort might be skirting uncomfortably close to a judgement call by the forum admins (as in, would it be a question of context with respect to, say, partially-exposed butt-cheeks, or would that be an absolute, in-all-cases no-no?)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

First pull:

27. Anime Star Fighter
    336. Summer Character and Hair
    377. Ultralight
    137. Folding Screens

Hmm. I have a partial idea (fortuitously enough, I was already planning an Anime Star Fighter + Folding Screens render, but it'll take a little work to incorporate the other elements, plus an appropriate dollop of humor).

edited December 1969

A question for the judges:

If an entry somehow runs afoul of the TOS (which has happened in the past), what is the preferred protocol?

Does the contestant try again with the same random items, pull a new batch, or must he/she simply forfeit that round?

The reason I ask is because my current effort might be skirting uncomfortably close to a judgement call by the forum admins (as in, would it be a question of context with respect to, say, partially-exposed butt-cheeks, or would that be an absolute, in-all-cases no-no?)

We've had this before, where we put the image on DeviantArt for example, but the rule of thumb is "avoid crossing the TOS", if you are unsure, put it somewhere and ask Chokole for example if this would be accepted, or use some creative postwork with blur or smoke effects .