RRRR Aprils Fools Contest - with prizes *closed*

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

yeah some will actually email us and attach a quick render for assessment.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

We've had this before, where we put the image on DeviantArt for example, but the rule of thumb is "avoid crossing the TOS", if you are unsure, put it somewhere and ask Chokole for example if this would be accepted, or use some creative postwork with blur or smoke effects .

Thanks for the input. And you, too, Chohole; excellent suggestion! (Well, from my point-of-view, anyway; I'm not so sure how the forum administrators might feel about it! Is there a particular email address for this kind of thing? I'd hate to drop an unwantd, and potentially questionable, render on some poor unsuspecting admin!)

Actually, given the context of the scene I'm working on, smoke effects might be exactly the way to go....

(And I just know I have everybody's curiousity at a boiling point right now, don't I? "What is that nut-ball cooking up this time!?")
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sent you a PM with an email addy.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Sent you a PM with an email addy.

Okay, I sent it to the forum moderator(s).

Lord, I hope they let me post this, because I am actually quite proud of it. But if they don't, then it's going on my Facebook page. (Oh, hell, it's going there in any event!)
    edited December 1969

In anticipation that my last render will get a 'green-light' from the mods (and I really, really hope it does, because I really, really want you guys to see it; I am seriously pleased with the way it turned out - especially the transparency maps and re-texturing I had to do!), here's my pull for Round 4:

1484 - Hardcore M4
    486 - Diamond Hair
    1194 - MS Lycan
    1258 - Parkside Point and Interior Poses

Hmm, M4, V4, Genesis, and... whatever. If the Gods of Random are going to jump out from behind the sofa and yell 'April Fool!', um, now would be the time....

No?

Well, okay then; I guess I'll just have to run with it. Although how I'm going to spin this into a practical joke is something of a mystery at the moment....

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,513
    edited December 1969

Luci45: Best Sushi Ever: Love his smile and the gargoyles that looks very much alive!
    barbult: Hair Foolery : Thats a great prank!
    Ken OBanion: Knowing That Your Boss is Slightly Dyslexic - And Counting on Him to Mis-Read the Invitation: Priceless : You know how to prank people, great idea!
    polka dot: "And here is another pic with Easy Environments… " : I love the pose on the man, got flashbacks from Obelix & Asterix in Egypt!
    Kaputcha : The Wolf Who Cried “Boy” : Love the idea and great postwork too!
    barbult : Welcome Reverend Art Zone : Really great one!
    gopherus : Blind Date : Oh, the "do I look fat question, a killer"
    MelanieL : Teen Pranks : Yes, a true prank here, I can see the poor janitors reaction..
    Luci45 : Coast Guard Seranade : Thats zoo Luci, so great. You really outdone yourself here!
    Zawarkal : April Fool’s Day a.k.a. Revenge of the Nerd’s Day : lol - love it, like a clip from a toon.
    Storypilot : Fool Girl…That Wasn’t The Salt Shaker : I've looked at this several times, I just love it, so surreal and evil.
    Ken OBanion : That Sucker Better Be Real,Jackass! : Priceless idea!
    Zawarkal : The Great Gallery Hoax : Cool with a recreation of an actual hoax / prank, great initiative!
    gopherus : My But What Big Teeth You Have! : Hahaha, she really looks awesome ;-)
    Zawarkal: Folly on the Slopes : Hahaha, love that prank, something I would have done if I had a chance, I promise. (We only stuck all loose utilities like pointer, rulers, books, blackboard wipers with dual side tape to the blackboard, or set the bell that rings for class 15 minutes late)

edited December 1969

Tag:Totte#4

Totte said:

#2755 Skies of Economy
    #1132 Colors for Meg Hair
    #2851 Steam Truck Red Bizon Expansion
    #53 Beowulf M4
    #3349 Zombie Snow Plow
    #943 Blades of Legends (Rendo)

Also used:
    Genesis + Meg Hair + Mimi + Chelsea Boots + Queen of Drama
    Office + Corridors
    Red Bizon + expansions
    Genesis + GA-Mark + Tre + Joey Duckey
    YTJustin + RA Jeans + RA TShirt + 50 male Socks + PHSpace + Shimuzxu Sword Pose
    LS Snowman + LS RestStop + Opus Magnum (book)
    Urban City Sprawl 32
    Real Metals
    Genesis + GA-Marissa + Mall Girl + Aldora hair + TRex + Rawnart fantasy poses

Office Kindergarten
    When the Marketing manager came back to her office after a meeting, things was not as they used to be...

office_kindergarten.jpg
    1002 x 909 - 181K
    edited December 1969

In anticipation that my last render will get a 'green-light' from the mods (and I really, really hope it does, because I really, really want you guys to see it; I am seriously pleased with the way it turned out - especially the transparency maps and re-texturing I had to do!), here's my pull for Round 4:

1484 - Hardcore M4
    486 - Diamond Hair
    1194 - MS Lycan
    1258 - Parkside Point and Interior Poses

Hmm, M4, V4, Genesis, and... whatever. If the Gods of Random are going to jump out from behind the sofa and yell 'April Fool!', um, now would be the time....

No?

Well, okay then; I guess I'll just have to run with it. Although how I'm going to spin this into a practical joke is something of a mystery at the moment....

This one came together a lot quicker than I expected! (I guess once you've found just the right degree of cynicism, things just kind of coalesce!) Anyway....

Also Used:
    Parkside Point (Duh!)
    Parkside Point Interior (Double-Duh!)
    Sheer Terror
    DMR Alahna (Head Morphs and Texture on V4)
    Crazy Nights for V4 w/ Starry Night texture
    Men of the Night - Stephan
    Nico for the Freak 4 and Michael 4 (Yes, I used both! *)
    Mark Hair (M4)
    Free Money by Jim Farris (a ShareCG Freebie)

Drawing a pose package is a real pain in the never-mind-precisely-where, because you apply a pose, then to make the scene work, you have to modify that pose almost beyond recognition! (I ended up using two poses from the package - a 'Go-To' pose, then a 'Pose' pose, and ended up altering both to the point that I might as well not have used any!)

* I learned that injecting the Nico head morphs, and dialing in about 50% of the Stephan morph, gives me a character that bears just the tiddliest resemblance to Brendan Fraser. Just in case you wanted to know!

TAG: obanion#04 (Entry number 3 is still awaiting a judgment)

Title: One Way to Win With the Ladies
    Step 1: Take her someplace really creepy. Step 2: Hire an out-of-work actor with a really good costume. Step 3: PROFIT!

RRRR_AprilFool_04.png
    1200 x 900 - 1M
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

The Giant's Latest Trick
    Tag: Luci45#3
    It is almost dusk on April 1st. Randzil feels very lucky that the Giant Halward has not tricked him this year. He gets a bad feeling when he sees huge flailing legs and Halward's robot servant desparately trying to dig the giant out of the ground. Is he really in trouble? Maybe I should stop to help...

Used:
    Workbot
    Charger Horse
    Creature Maps for V4
    Double-crested Cormorant
    Hampton Hair

Also used:
    Tree from Raven's Rest
    Rolling Plains retextured
    Rocky Flats retextured
    Point of Inpact
    Shovel from Tool Shed
    Barbarian Boots
    Barbarian Warlord Outfit
    Freak 5 and Minataur morphs
    Wagner Ponytail
    Skys of Economy Dome

giant_and_robot.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 403K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments Totte. Yeah my son tells me how he used to put those restaurant ketchup packs under the edge of a toilet seat at school so that when the unsuspecting would sit down they would get ketchup all over whatever happened to be available at that moment. I have to wonder just what all he got into, lol. I would never have even thought to do these kinds of things. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

This is draw #3:
    #812 Old West Mercantile Interior
    #198 Starship Stingray
    #1147 Dream Home Kitchen Appliances
    #603 Sky Princess MFD
    #523 Potting Shed and Tools

I drew this three days ago and still don't know what to do with it. But I'm thinking...

edited December 1969

My that is a tough one. Maybe you could make the old west mercantile store some kind of store that sells items gathered from time/space travel and then put the april fools twist on it. You know, kind of think Cowboys and Aliens, the movie.

edited April 2013

Thank you, Totte, for the kind words. (I'm still assembling my own compilation of comments and observations - the good news is that there have been no 'visceral reactions' in this incarnation of the RRRR!)

I'm still waiting for word on the acceptability of my #3 submission (and just in case, I've uploaded it to my deviantART gallery - yeah, I actually have a deviantART gallery; apparently, they'll let anybody sign up!), but in the mean-time, I ain't gonna let that stop me! So here's my next draw, which is number 5:

214 - Grimstone Construction Kit Expansion
    1389 - Stephanie 5 Pro Bundle
    1509 - PC10 Extravaganza 2
    602 - Plebeian for Aiko 3 and Stephanie 3

Oh, good gravy Marie, two bundles! What have I gotten myself into this time!?

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Thanks for the comments Totte. Yeah my son tells me how he used to put those restaurant ketchup packs under the edge of a toilet seat at school so that when the unsuspecting would sit down they would get ketchup all over whatever happened to be available at that moment. I have to wonder just what all he got into, lol. I would never have even thought to do these kinds of things. :)

Haha, reminds me of when got hold of a block of dry ice and put it into the girls toilet outside the lunch area in high school, and when someone when in there, we heard a yell and white smoke came out under the door ;-)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I've been gone for a few months, but I'm back!! I just updated the RRRR spreadsheet and I'm ready to go.

So, first pull! *rolls up sleeves*

3071 - Veronese for Verona Hair
    2290 - Romantic Summer Dream
    1221 - Grime-Inizer for Poser
    1422 - Jungle Head

Wow. Well, okay! :D
    Off to render!!

edited December 1969

Nice to see you back Kari!

OK, my diapason (hey, I even needed to jump some pages to remember that word) is now at 3382.
    Who will dare to pull me six items (the normal four plus my two penalty ones for being a lucky bastard last time)

/ Totte

edited April 2013

Totte said:

OK, my diapason (hey, I even needed to jump some pages to remember that word) is now at 3382.
    Who will dare to pull me six items (the normal four plus my two penalty ones for being a lucky bastard last time)

/ Totte

Here ya go, Totte! Courtesy of psychicscience.org. (Although that sounds like a bit of a non sequitur, if you ask me. But, since nobody asked me..., well, never mind.)

2998 1346 1215 1942 2468 1868

Or, you could go with these, from random.org; they're even more random!

2617 2923 48 1338 1010 819

It's always good to have choices!

Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited April 2013

Totte said:

/ Totte

Here ya go, Totte! Courtesy of psychicscience.org. (Although that sounds like a bit of a non sequitur, if you ask me. But, since nobody asked me..., well, never mind.)

2998 1346 1215 1942 2468 1868

Thanks, now let's see what the psychopath scientists gave me:

#2998 The Control Room
    #1346 Dream Home Entrance Lanai and Mud Room
    #1215 Damon
    #1942 Log Cabin Construction Set - MegaPack (Runtime DNA)
    #2468 RDL7 H.H.I. Hi Res Texture Set 2
    #1868 Just Real: for Mario Hair (Rendo)

Three environments (which of one indoor and two outdoors), a genesis characters, a hair texture and a texture for a scifi machine, this was weird. I hereby rename you Ken OBanned (from pulling number for me) ;-)

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Three environments (which of one indoor and two outdoors), a genesis characters, a hair texture and a texture for a scifi machine, this was weird. I hereby rename you Ken OBanned (from pulling number for me) ;-)

Sorry about that, Totte; I swear it was not intentional! (Usually I only end up screwing myself with my pulls - witness my latest! :ohh: )

I edited my post to offer an alternative, but I guess I was a bit slow.
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Sorry about that, Totte; I swear it was not intentional! (Usually I only end up screwing myself with my pulls - witness my latest! :ohh: )

I edited my post to offer an alternative, but I guess I was a bit slow.

Lol - I will come up with something I promise ;-)

edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    My that is a tough one. Maybe you could make the old west mercantile store some kind of store that sells items gathered from time/space travel and then put the april fools twist on it. You know, kind of think Cowboys and Aliens, the movie.

I never saw Cowboys vs. Aliens, but I guess I am going along that route anyway. Yes, I will have some time travel elements in my picture. Good suggestion. I will post it soon. (My apologies for using the S word.)
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

My latest pull:

Dream Home - Eclectic Dressing Rooms Decor
    Coffee Shop (I hate this piece of s!@#, was going to remove it from my runtime but forget, so I'll use it once more)
    Grossbeak
    M3 Creatures Combo
    Palenque Ruins

Three environments, a bird and M3 stuff! This should be real fun! ;-P

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    This is draw #3:
    #812 Old West Mercantile Interior
    #198 Starship Stingray
    #1147 Dream Home Kitchen Appliances
    #603 Sky Princess MFD
    #523 Potting Shed and Tools

Also Used:
    M4
    Genesis with Addison and Nigel skins
    Cowboy for M4 and Hiro
    Jade Hair
    Supersuit
    Worldbase XT
    Old West Mercantile (exterior to go house the required interior)
    Morphing Python and Cold Blooded for rattlesnake
    Town and Country Boots on Genesis woman
    Jai hair on M4 cowboy
    Various shaders on cowboy outfit parts
    Hay stack and bales from The Barn
    LB Zinnias

TAG: barbult#3
    Title: Time Traveling Pranksters

Screaming Woman: Get away from those! We don't know what they are or where they came from. They could be dangerous!!!
    Snickering Time Travelers: Time travel is hilarious when we get to drop off artifacts for the ancients to discover!

RRRR_Stingray_Appliances_Sky_Princess_Shed_Merc_Int.jpg
    1676 x 1453 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I'm so glad you were able to use the idea. You didn't miss much not seeing Cowboys and Aliens... was more just an image reference anyways.
    Nice job, too.

edited April 2013

Sheesh, you guys are insane with the creativity. I forgot how much fun this was!!

TAG: karibousboutique#1

I've been gone for a few months, but I'm back!! I just updated the RRRR spreadsheet and I'm ready to go.

So, first pull! *rolls up sleeves*

3071 - Veronese for Verona Hair
    2290 - Romantic Summer Dream
    1221 - Grime-Inizer for Poser
    1422 - Jungle Head

Wow. Well, okay! :D
    Off to render!!

Title: Worst. Date. Ever.
    This is the last time she let her friends talk her into an April Fool's blind date. Internet dating... It's a jungle out there!

Also used: VH Joyce (Godin), Sheer Terror (blondie9999), Troll (DAZ 3D), Terradome (Colm)

WorstDateEver1.jpg
    2000 x 1668 - 409K
    Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

I came late to the party, but I had to add a few random comments. (random! Hee-hee!)

barbult said:
    TAG: barbult#1
    Title: Hair Foolery
    Woman in chair: ACK! You said you knew how to cut hair!
    Mechanic off screen: April Fools! Look around, Missy. This ain't no hair salon.
    This is more terrifying than funny. I've had haircuts like that... *runs screaming!!*

Totte said:

Totte#2
    These are not the droids, eeh, Brians, you are looking for.
    During the shooting of Life of Brian II - the lead actor decided to play a prank on the director.
    I actually LOLed at this. Brilliant!

gopherus said:

Tag: Gopherus #01
    Title: Blind Date
    You tricked your blind date into furnishing the limo and the snacks. And YOU forgot the corsage. Now think very carefully before you answer: Does that dress make her look fat?

There is so much fodder for ridiculousness in blind dates, lol.

Fool Girl...That Wasn't The Salt Shake

Gorgeous render -- and a great story to go with it. Bravo!!

The Giant's Latest Trick
    Tag: Luci45#3
    I never tire of seeing legs sticking out of the ground. Never. Really.

Okay, now back to business. Onto pull #2!

1378: Jada Hair
    625: Dark Embrace 3
    2953: Troll for Genesis
    907: Enchanted Wings

Hmmm.... Genesis content. I'm not brave enough to try this in Poser. Looks like a Studio Render coming up. (And what's with the troll?? It's following me!)

edited April 2013

Tag: Karibousboutique #2

Okay, now back to business. Onto pull #2!

1378: Jada Hair
    625: Dark Embrace 3
    2953: Troll for Genesis
    907: Enchanted Wings

Hmmm.... Genesis content. I'm not brave enough to try this in Poser. Looks like a Studio Render coming up. (And what's with the troll?? It's following me!)

"And what's with the troll?? It's following me!" I had to. I just had to. And I couldn't stop until the idea had come to fruition, though I must say I'm done rendering for a few days. My brain hurts. But... SO worth it.

Rendered in Daz Studio 4.5 (because how else, besides Genesis, does one fit V4 clothes and V3 hair on a troll?). I'm actually impressed with how close I got this image to it's Poser predecessor.

Other items used: Jungle Head (Ant Farm), Flink's Spring Ground (Flink), Terradome (Colm), Tenebrous Hold Textures (DAZ3D, Sarsa), Fantasia Wings (Spotted Rock). And... incidentally, when I made the transparency map for the sleeves (couldn't have them peeking around that corner!) I made a startling discovery about the shape of the texture map for a pair of stockings. A leg, split along the back seam and spread/flattened... It made me blink. And laugh.

Title: Best. Date. Ever.
    He'd thought it was an April Fool's Day prank. No gorgeous woman would willingly go on a date with a cross-dressing, winged troll... and yet, here she was. She was beautiful, loved the outdoors, and enjoyed playing hard to get. What else could a troll ask for?

BestDateEver1.jpg
    2000 x 1668 - 423K
    Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

I'm hoping the whole issue has been in my head and nowhere else, and that even that has been 'Much ado about Nothung' (if you're not a Wagner fan, then you most likely didn't get it, and if you are, you're probably still groaning!), but I've decided I'm just going to go ahead and take my chances; call this my 'visceral reaction' for this incarnation, but my gut says to enter this one, and damn the consequences!

So here it is. The original pull:
    661 - The Duelist for David
    470 - The Mage
    1259 - Interiors: The Diner
    1099 - Serenity Arches Pack

Also Used:
    Easy Environments - Greenlands (Skybox only, and turned it upside-down)
    Celestial Textures for Serenity Arches
    Fog Control Deluxe III
    Mon Chevalier Hair (M4)
    AprilYSH Jamie Hair (David)
    Michael 3
    Everyday Wear for M3
    Morning Hair (M3)
    Goth as Fashion for M3 (Boots - you can't see 'em, but they're there!)
    Stephanie 3 Petite
    Travalian for S3
    Xena SD2 Hair (S3)
    Hero FX

TAG: obanion#03

Title: At the Valhalla Off-Ramp Truck Stop Cafe
    April Fools' Day pranks are almost always a bad idea to begin with, but accepting a dare to join the Blue-Flame Brotherhood after chowing down on the chili at a West Texas truck stop belongs to a whole different dimension of stupid!

RRRR_AprilFool_03.png
    906 x 642 - 615K
    edited December 1969

You got it "certified" great! ROFL!! A killer in the funniest for sure!

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    You got it "certified" great! ROFL!! A killer in the funniest for sure!

Actually, no-one has said anything, one way or the other. But after three days, I decided to go for it. If the mods complain, well, I'll put up a link to it on dA.

But it had to be entered; it was a 'moral imperative'! :coolgrin: