DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available

14567810»

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

DS itself is fine as I have Windows 8 Pro 64bit. Reality is something I'll get round to when 3 is released, supposedly in March.

CHEERS!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I guess your thread as died LOL

edited December 1969

Not really, it isn't just for Poser renders you know. Any platform is welcome.

CHEERS!

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Do you have the right version of Reality compatible with 4.5 ? Build: 2.50.1.107 I use 4.5 beta (which I think is now slower to save & load again) & Reality. I am still on win 7 but purchased the win 8 upgrade from M$ for $15.00 I just want to make sure all is compatible before upgrading.

It doesn't matter what Reality I have. My issue is that DAZ Studio will no longer install on my computer!! Which means I cannot use ANYTHING! >.>

DAZ uninstalled, but crashed during it. Now the uninstaller and installer won't stop crashing. Can't exactly use Reality if I can't even get DAZ 4.5.6.1 installed, can I? Which IS the right one for Reality 2.

I'm sorry I do not mean to seem snippy but Reality is not the issue. It is, however, the reason I uninstalled my previous 4.5 version.

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Worse comes to worse I guess system restore or re format

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Do you have the right version of Reality compatible with 4.5 ? Build: 2.50.1.107 I use 4.5 beta (which I think is now slower to save & load again) & Reality. I am still on win 7 but purchased the win 8 upgrade from M$ for $15.00 I just want to make sure all is compatible before upgrading.

It doesn't matter what Reality I have. My issue is that DAZ Studio will no longer install on my computer!! Which means I cannot use ANYTHING! >.>

DAZ uninstalled, but crashed during it. Now the uninstaller and installer won't stop crashing. Can't exactly use Reality if I can't even get DAZ 4.5.6.1 installed, can I? Which IS the right one for Reality 2.

I'm sorry I do not mean to seem snippy but Reality is not the issue. It is, however, the reason I uninstalled my previous 4.5 version.

What, exactly, is the installer doing? Any error messages?

edited December 1969

Could downloading and running a fresh installer help?

Or, is it the CMS that is causing problems? If it is, it's been said that you sometimes have to run its own uninstaller. That said, I didn't have any problems with my install/uninstall so can only go by what others have experienced.

CHEERS!

• SoulTroubadourSoulTroubadour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just tried to install daz 4.5.1.6- What the hell just happened here?

The uninstaller started running for the previous version and it crashed. Try to run the daz 4.5.1.6 installer again and it says it detects files from a previous install. It tries to uninstall the old version and throws an error saying it cant find the uninstall files and crashes. Now my old install of daz 4.5 is a buggy semi uninstalled skeleton program and I cant even uninstall it. This is a nightmare. Tried system restore.Whatever damage this did to the files is still there

Is there any way to fix this other than completely deleting everything daz from my computer and re installing 400+ installer files?
    Please somebody tell me what to do here .

edited December 1969

Did you try uninstalling the previous version manually? That might help.

Have you got a registry cleaner?

If you haven't I can recommend Ccleaner. If you have one, run it and see what entries come up. If any do then let it delete them. Once you have, try again, sometimes not everything does get removed when you uninstall a program.

CHEERS!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Excuse me - any reason to install 4.5.1.6 and not the newest 4.5.1.56?
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14562/

Anyway: there is help for uninstalling problems here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/14562/P195/#229897

edited December 1969

I would, it's a stable release and the change log on the first page should tell you what it has fixed.

I haven't had any problems with it at all.

CHEERS!

• SoulTroubadourSoulTroubadour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That fixed it- thank you. Also I typed the wrong thing.

edited December 1969

Ah good,

A lot of people seem to come unstuck with the CMS, when the installer asks if I want to do anything with it I always say no and the installation goes smoothly.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...interesting, was working in 1.6 yesterday and went to use the transfer tool to fix a couple fitting issues. Set the parameters as I usually would, clicked on "Accept" and *crash*. Reopened the the app, loaded my saved character, opened the Transfer tool again set the parameters and once again, *crash*.

Never had this happen before.

Not sure why it started.

edited December 1969

Have you tried it with another character? Perhaps they caused the issue.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited February 2013

...yes and the same thing occurs.

Odd because a few weeks ago I had no issues using it with the Young Teens5 and I didn't upgrade to the latest release of 4.5.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

In that case I don't know then,

The only issue I've had in the entire time I've had DS is one duplicate ID.

CHEERS!

• mauro.villa1974mauro.villa1974 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I know that this will sound stupid, and it probably is, but I'm stuck in the installation and I just can't seem to find a solution.

I used to have Studio 2.x installed on my PC, but it got uninstalled in a clean-up activity and I never re-installed since I would not be able to use it for time constraints.

A couple of days ago I perused the site and I was happy to see the project was still on and it was now 4.5.x.
    I created a new account, followed the Download link from the Studio Daz 4.5 page and 'purchased'. Then I got
    the email with a link to the DAZ Installer.

I Installed the installer, put in the same account I used for 'purchasing' and I downloaded all the files that appeared available: those were Genesis Starter Essentials and Gen Starter Essentials PoserCF. There is no DAZ Studio software and no .exe file was created anywhere on my PC.

I thought I had downloaded the wrong software, so I did the whole thing again but I've gotten the same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the actual Software still free as it was? If so, why is it not included in the package?
    Or is it? I could not find any .exe other than the DAZ Install Manager exe file. I'm pretty sure I followed the correct link since in the DAZ Studio 4.5 page now it says 'purchased'.

Can anybody help? Thanks a lot in advance.

Mauro

PS I'm using a Windows XP platform, so that may be aproblem, but Windows XP is indicated in the supported OS list.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,843
    edited December 1969

If you mean you downloaded and installed the DAZ Install Manager, that handles Poser and DAZ Studio content only - applications such as DS, plugins and shaders, and content for other applications still need to be downloaded from the Available downloads page of your account.

• mauro.villa1974mauro.villa1974 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot. I was not even aware that there was a separate download procedure for the exe.
    I'm not sure it was clearly spelled out in the Daz Download Manager, or maybe I just missed it.

Thank you very much again!

Mauro

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I have been trying to report a bug over at Mantis but unfortunately it is not recognising that Categories and OS are selected because I keep getting a red asterisk next to those selections when I attempt to submit the report. I'm hoping that someone from DAZ3d will see this. Quoted directly from Mantis where I was trying to submit this...

I've noticed when reorganising content from within DS that if you get more than approx 25 rows of icons in a category that not all of the icons show. I discovered this when I noticed that the blue marking for new content was not disappearing despite the fact that no icons with blue were showing in that category. This is really annoying as I reorganise most of my content from within DS. To see the other icons and reorganise requires me to duplicate the category and then remove references to get to new icons. If you look at the picture attached you will see I have scrolled to the bottom. It only shows to 07. It hasn't even reached the alphabet. Yes, I know I have a lot of hair items.
    Part of this could be resolved simply by improving the way the files are set up for materials. Please fix...
    problem_with_icons_not_showing.jpg
    1221 x 1074 - 886K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you use the arrow next to the page number icon just above the first icon you can get the next page.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

If you use the arrow next to the page number icon just above the first icon you can get the next page.

Thanks Mike...I never realised that was there. It has been driving me crazy...