DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 is now available

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you put it in your cart and check out?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/software/daz-studio-4/daz-studio-4-pro

• lannabullslannabulls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    sorry about my question, i'm a beginner:

my Studio version is 4.5.0.114
    i'm dloading update, i'mgoing to install update to 4.5.1.6.

The first message of this thread says:

DAZ 3D Plugins that were available for version 4.5.0.114 were updated but will NOT need to be updated (re-downloaded) since they are compatible with this new version.

If i understand well all plug ins that came with 4.5.0.114 version are compatible with 4.5.1.6 version so no need to update them.
    If i would like to update them anyway do i need to uninstall them first or i can run the installer as it works for Studio 4 main application update, the installer is going to perform uninstall by itself?
    Thanks a lot!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

If you install an updated plugin it will ask if you want to uninstall the older version, so you don't have to do so as a separate action.

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot,
    so i installed Studio 4 update 4.5.1.6, windows 7 64 bit, everything fine! Just run installer, it will uninstall previous version by itself.
    I'm going to update plugin, goz and bridge, just run installer as i did with studio 4 main installation.
    What about GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6? I suppose it works the same, just run installer, it will uninstall previuos version by itself.
    Sorry about beginner questions, it is not so easy the first time with all this files, this few suggestions, easy liket that, can help beginners as myself
    really thanks!

• sjjesso_78ca0e6d0csjjesso_78ca0e6d0c Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

I'm not sure which one I have, but can someone tell me if they've fixed the FBX import? Every time I tried it would cause the program to crash. Also, what about the dae format? have they fixed it so you can pose rigged models in a Dae Format? I know previous versions couldn't do that.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489
    edited December 1969

I'm guessing my search-fu is not up to snuff today, so I'll pester you fine folks...

Ever since I updated to the latest version (non-beta) the content database thingie has stopped working. I've tried starting it manually, but that hasn't worked. Is there something else I need to update, or is there a common fix that others have found that works?

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot,
    so i installed Studio 4 update 4.5.1.6, windows 7 64 bit, everything fine! Just run installer, it will uninstall previous version by itself.
    I'm going to update plugin, goz and bridge, just run installer as i did with studio 4 main installation.
    What about GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6? I suppose it works the same, just run installer, it will uninstall previuos version by itself.
    Sorry about beginner questions, it is not so easy the first time with all this files, this few suggestions, easy liket that, can help beginners as myself
    really thanks!

The Genesis Starter Essentials will overwrite the existing files.
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot BWSman!

• WX_IVANWX_IVAN Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I was wondering, is
    Daz ever going to get the lip sync in the Tab for this newest 4.5.1.6 version? I have Macs and cannot use Mimic because there is no Mimic Live for Macs. I am still using version 3 because there is lip sync in it.

edited December 1969

maraich said:
    I'm guessing my search-fu is not up to snuff today, so I'll pester you fine folks...

Ever since I updated to the latest version (non-beta) the content database thingie has stopped working. I've tried starting it manually, but that hasn't worked. Is there something else I need to update, or is there a common fix that others have found that works?

Try stopping the CMS, using the Start menu command if you are on Windows, then uninstall it, then reinstall DS to get the new version.

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,027
    edited December 1969

I'm really glad I found this thread. I had stopped in to do some research about upgrading to 4.5 from 4 on my 64-bit Win7 desktop, but I'm seeing a lot of nightmares about file system incompatibility, lost old work, installation issues, etc.. I am left with the impression that upgrading the desktop with all my work on it is not yet a good idea, as 4.5 seems unstable and incompatible with deprecated file types.

I have all my content on an external drive, which works very well on either the desktop (with 4) or the laptop (with 4.5). But I'm still unclear, even after reading this thread, as to whether I risk losing/corrupting old scenes by opening them in 4.5 on the lappy and then saving them, as well as to how difficult an upgrade from 4 to 4.5 on the desktop would be. So...

Am I better off just leaving 4 on the desktop, and gradually migrating everything to 4.5 on the lappy? Will 4.5 on the lappy destroy all my old scenes?

In general, I have liked 4. But this thread does not comfort one regarding 4.5. For the life of me, I cannot process the pretzel logic behind the file system change.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I am happy to have upgraded to 4.5 ...
    As far as I read those with hiccups in their old scenes just had to resave them (maybe with a 45 in the filename) and then they worked.

edited December 1969

maraich said:

Try stopping the CMS, using the Start menu command if you are on Windows, then uninstall it, then reinstall DS to get the new version.

Thanks, Richard, I will give that a go.

• Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited November 2012

I manually move everything where I want it. Uninstalling and reinstalling "The Genesis Starter Essentials " is going to cause me a slight headache, also, I think I read somewhere that Genesis was changed; somethings have been moved from the shaping tab into the paramerters tab. Is this true?

edit, sorry I should have posted this in the big thread I guess
    there are four threads about the new Daz Studio here in the Commons, easy to get lost

Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
  • nikotemnikotem Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    I've just installed the new DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 version so now I cannot started! It shows me something like this: (see attachment)
    Help anyone?

Untitled-1.jpg
    558 x 219 - 35K
    edited December 1969

It's x64 pc version, and I use windows 7

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Looks like you are missing/have a broken install of the Visual C 2010 runtime package...

Install the latest version for your operating system from MS...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

edited December 1969

Well, hairball, I had high hopes that your suggestion would work, Richard. Unfortunately, stopping and uninstalling the Content Management Service, followed by a reinstall of DS4.5 did not clear up my issue. It did reinstall the CMS when DS4.5 was installed, but it just refuses to run. I looked at my log file, and I'm not positive, but this appears to be the relevant message:

CPU Brand String: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Cache Line Size = 64
    L2 Associativity = 6
    Cache Size = 256
    Total Physical Memory: 8169 Mb (8565993472)
    Available Physical Memory: 3861 Mb (4049031168)
    Total Virtual Memory: 8388607 Mb (8796092891136)
    Available Virtual Memory: 8388412 Mb (8795887927296)
    Current Memory Usage: 52%
    Sun Nov 25 04:14:29 2012
    Locale: en_US
    No translator found.
    Reading style definition C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/resources/style/Main Street.style
    Creating managers
    Reading help index
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/DAZ Studio/DAZStudioHelp.dsx
    Reading help file C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/docs/inlinehelp.dsx
    Scanning import folders
    Scanning content folders
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Update To Current Schema error: "UNKNOWN" - write error.
    DB Update To Current Schema error: "UNKNOWN" - write error.
    WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(36): DB Register Open error: Stream read error.
    DB Register Open error: Stream read error.
    Using GLEW 1.7.0

If you have any other suggestions I'll be happy to try them, otherwise I can open a bug report and hope that it can be cleared up that way.

edited December 1969

Stop the CMS, go to the folder for your database and delete the ContentDB.ind file, then restart the CMS and DS - if that doesn't work, you can try deleting everything from that folder but that will kill your customisations and also exhausts my list of suggestions :(.

edited December 1969

Did they do something in this build to break instancing? I bought Send in the Clones DS4 Pro because it utilizes that feature. However; the times I've used it; it never worked. All it did was create copies of the prop.

• crafty66067crafty66067 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I am having a problem with this new one, it has been working fine for about a month now when I go to open it it will not open I get the error message attached below. I tried to install it again and got another error message below. I downloaded it again and tried to install it and got the same error message. Should I just uninstall the whole thing from my computer and try again? I have no clue what these error messages are saying is wrong. What is a dzmsconnector.dll? and where do I get it?

Image2.jpg
    624 x 346 - 39K
    Image1.jpg
    802 x 336 - 48K
    edited December 1969

You might want to try to install it outside the c:\Program Files folder.

I don't seem to have that dll file.

edited December 1969

thank you I will try that!

edited December 1969

One thing to check is that your firewall isn't blocking DS from talking to the content management service - that's the cms in the file name.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:
    You might want to try to install it outside the c:\Program Files folder.

I don't seem to have that dll file.

It's in the main DS program folder - in my case that's C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcmsconnector.dll - not in any of the sub-directories like bin or plugins

edited December 1969

It is working now, I uninstalled and then it let me reinstall the program again , now everything seems to be working fine. I've got my fingers crossed, thanks for all the helpful information!

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Looks like you are missing/have a broken install of the Visual C 2010 runtime package...

Install the latest version for your operating system from MS...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Thanks! Now it works.

• thomllamathomllama Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

anyone having issues with downloading and installing the Genesis Starter? started from the e-mial, tried from the direct link in my acct... no matter what it comes up wit ha broken installer, highly doubt it's my end as everything else (and other stuff also from here and other sites) all seem fine. Only issue is that one item for the installer wont unzip (mac)

any ideas?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you remember to clear your browser cache between download attempts. If you have an incomplete or corrupted download in your cache all subsequent attempts will fail at the same point.

• thomllamathomllama Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Did you remember to clear your browser cache between download attempts. If you have an incomplete or corrupted download in your cache all subsequent attempts will fail at the same point.

the others all finished, just couldn't unzip...
    but that's odd.. never had that issue before,.. but I did reset everything and cleared all downloads.. and it came down fine.. thanks :)