Growing Up for Genesis 8 (Commercial)

Comments

• MariaTortilliaMariaTortillia Posts: 47
    edited August 2017

Any idea pn release date yet Zevo? thanks for your great producs BTW ,

I have been trying to use the Gen3 growing up morphs transferred to gen8 but they dont transfer very well. issues around the arms and shoulders.

Post edited by MariaTortillia on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

No actual date, all I know is it will be released next month.

• morkmork Posts: 278
    Zev0 said:

No actual date, all I know is it will be released next month.

Noooo. Don't say such mean things!!1 ;-)
    My wallet salutes you, though.

• I wish I could pre-order.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

I wish I could pre-order.

Lol, found the PCMR...I mentioned that very thing in one of his other threads! wink

• mrinal said:

Sometimes I need those unique figure shape that comes in adult characters to give a distinct shape to the teens especially while depicting mother-daughter family portraits. Otherwise, every teenager would have the default genesis shape with another skin.

What about adult characters who already come with smaller/almost flat breast shapes? Dialing in youth morphs on them causes their breast to shrink inwards into the body which is totally not acceptable. It would have been better if the youth morphs ignored the breast shapes of such characters or applied the effect at a much lower strength. But the existing "Youth Morph" dial seem to apply the same breast corrections irrespective of the existing breast size which causes the issue.

Since the youth morphs are not part of the official set of FBMs I cannot expect the vendors to provide support for it, I also understand your limitation that you cannot take into account all the possible character shapes released by various vendors. That is the reason I requested you to consider the option of leaving the breast region as one of the options which would make our life easier while dealing with smaller/flat chested adult female characters.

Again, I am not challenging the accuracy of the base mesh structure that you use, but only the fact that youth morphs assumes the breast shape of the existing character to be of default shape while applying corrections.

P.S. I have no issues if you name that morph dial "Shrunken Adult Syndrome" so long as I have one less breast modifier to worry about.

Hi

I have previously had success with first adding the Growing up morph to a figure, and if the chest looks weird with either shrunken breasts or too large breasts for the age I'm trying to depict, I do the following:

I go to the Shaping tab, select [Full Body], locate the character I have based the figure on, and slide it all the way down to 0% (this should not affect the face morph, but I agree that this will give you the base body shape, which I then modify later). Then, still in the [Full body] branch, I scroll down to the "Androgynous" parameter and slide it up until I get a chest shape close to what I'm after. Then it's basically just to build your character using the Chest, Hips and Legs morphs until satisfied. There are probably other ways, but doing it like this, I can get almost any shape of the body depending on the age I'm aiming at.

• nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    mrinal said:

Sometimes I need those unique figure shape that comes in adult characters to give a distinct shape to the teens especially while depicting mother-daughter family portraits. Otherwise, every teenager would have the default genesis shape with another skin.

What about adult characters who already come with smaller/almost flat breast shapes? Dialing in youth morphs on them causes their breast to shrink inwards into the body which is totally not acceptable. It would have been better if the youth morphs ignored the breast shapes of such characters or applied the effect at a much lower strength. But the existing "Youth Morph" dial seem to apply the same breast corrections irrespective of the existing breast size which causes the issue.

Since the youth morphs are not part of the official set of FBMs I cannot expect the vendors to provide support for it, I also understand your limitation that you cannot take into account all the possible character shapes released by various vendors. That is the reason I requested you to consider the option of leaving the breast region as one of the options which would make our life easier while dealing with smaller/flat chested adult female characters.

Again, I am not challenging the accuracy of the base mesh structure that you use, but only the fact that youth morphs assumes the breast shape of the existing character to be of default shape while applying corrections.

P.S. I have no issues if you name that morph dial "Shrunken Adult Syndrome" so long as I have one less breast modifier to worry about.

Hi

I have previously had success with first adding the Growing up morph to a figure, and if the chest looks weird with either shrunken breasts or too large breasts for the age I'm trying to depict, I do the following:

I go to the Shaping tab, select [Full Body], locate the character I have based the figure on, and slide it all the way down to 0% (this should not affect the face morph, but I agree that this will give you the base body shape, which I then modify later). Then, still in the [Full body] branch, I scroll down to the "Androgynous" parameter and slide it up until I get a chest shape close to what I'm after. Then it's basically just to build your character using the Chest, Hips and Legs morphs until satisfied. There are probably other ways, but doing it like this, I can get almost any shape of the body depending on the age I'm aiming at.

Thank you. This is a big help.

edited August 2017

HA! Finally Solved the central bulge in tops when fitted to Growing Up. Took me long enough lol....I am in the process of making a Projection morph so tops fit flush and properly on flat chested figures. Update might not be ready for release but I'll try. If not it will be released soon after. I will also try and Update the Genesis 3 Female version of Growing Up as well. Might add this to Fit Control too if I can get it across.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Zev0 said:

HA! Finally Solved the central bulge in tops when fitted to Growing Up. Took me long enough lol....I am in the process of making a Projection morph so tops fit flush and properly on flat chested figures. Update might not be ready for release but I'll try. If not it will be released soon after. I will also try and Update the Genesis 3 Female version of Growing Up as well. Might add this to Fit Control too if I can get it across.

Wonderful! Thank you.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Well...I think I'll do what I did for the last version and wait for the bundle.  Growing Up is most definitely one of my favorite sets...

edited August 2017

Added a promo:)

Popup_12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 791K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

What hair is that!!!  Would look good on Molly

edited August 2017

Sorrow Hair for g3f with my own custom all behind shoulder morph.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • FobokFobok Posts: 96

I've been hoping for this product since I first saw Genesis 8 arrive. :-) Will there be a young texture set released later to go along with it like with Genesis 3? Though, I imagine there is a way to make those Genesis 3 skins work anyway, if I understand the compatibility features correctly. (I haven't had much of a chance to really try out Genesis 8 yet.)

edited August 2017

The Growing Up skins for G3 will work on G8. You cannot sell them though for G8. But for personal use you will be fine. Skin BUilder 3's skins are also good for Kids. I removed a lot of blemishes on that set as well. The promos you see in the thead are using Skin Builder 3 skins:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

That looks awesome (he says while slowing sharpening the edge of his credit card and whistling Wagner's 'die Walküre'.)

• And sold!  Thank you.

It is now live:) Enjoy.

• Here's a quick render of a five year old.

Five yr. old. G8.jpg
    1306 x 618 - 140K
  •  thanks Zev0 , another great product 

• Instant purchase. Now that I have this product, I can finally stop ignoring Genesis 8.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Purchased! Already creating.

• I hate being broke.  I have all these awesome Zev0 products just sitting in my wishlist, waiting for that magical day when I have the money to purchase them...

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

If I buy this now, will we get a discount when the G8M version arrives?, or would it be better to wait for the bundle (if one)

edited September 2017

Well, tehcnically, you would get a discount on the male version if you bought the G3M version. I will see what is a more viable option. But regardless, there will be a discount in place. I just need to decide what product it links to. There will be a bundle as well but if you bought the female version you are overpaying for it again with the male version, So I would just buy the male version. How the discount applies is still under review. I will have a meeting with marketing regarding it when the time comes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294
    Zev0 said:

Well, tehcnically, you would get a discount on the male version if you bought the G3M version. I will see what is a more viable option. But regardless, there will be a discount in place. I just need to decide what product it links to. There will be a bundle as well but if you bought the female version you are overpaying for it again with the male version, So I would just buy the male version. How the discount applies is still under review. I will have a meeting with marketing regarding it when the time comes.

Thanks, I have the G3M version (and all other versions for that matter), this, along with Shape Shift, Aging, and Fit Control are amoungst your "must have" products :-)

edited September 2017

Thanks for the support:) Ye I need to get cracking on Aging Morphs.......

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • silence3Dsilence3D Posts: 4
    edited September 2017

great work as always zev0, any idea if we get a g8m/g8f bundle? or are you selling them both loose first?

if you will have them loose on the store first ill just get g8f now ^ 

Post edited by silence3D on
  • Logged on, went to the shopping page, and promptly bought this before I even finished my first morning yawn! Thanks Zev0 for the added clothing morphs!

silence3D said:

great work as always zev0, any idea if we get a g8m/g8f bundle? or are you selling them both loose first?

if you will have them loose on the store first ill just get g8f now ^ 

Male version isn't finished yet. So might be a month or so. Only then will a bundle be offered.