Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.4.122! (UPDATED)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    SpyroRue said:
    SpyroRue said:

Just a few things wanted to put out there for the devs... I was wondering if there'd be any chance of getting a zoom function for the render window? See what happens is I am typically rendering things twice if not three times the resolution of my screen, and especially when its going to be running for many hours or overnight etc. would be great to be able to zoom out while its in progress to see the overall image so far.

The other thing is, would there be any chance of a setting/option added to the render settings for iray to specify the number of iterations specifically? so that it will render to that point as opposed to time/convergence/samples/quality. Sometimes I render something simple, and have to extreme all those settings yet it wont clear all the speckle and noise in the mere ~260 iterations it insists to cut out on. Things may be easier if we had the option to just say "Render this scene to 4000 Iterations and stop" - If that is something achievable on daz's end laugh

Cheers

Just following up on this earlier post I made, and having seen others struggling with it automatically ending the render far too early. I have found the answer to rendering exactly the number of iterations you need. In render settings set the following:

Max Samples: to the number of iterations you want (I go 15000, cancel when i feel it is ready, I assume can go higher by clicking the gearbox and turning off or extending maximum limit)
    Max Time: 0 (This will deactivate the timer)
    Rendering Quality Enable: OFF (this puts an end to that annoying convergence, and DS will no longer assume the render is complete and stop, it now ignores Render Quality and Render Converged Ratio)

The catch is you must set this before you start the render, you cant do this with an ongoing render which has timed out in an effort to continue rendering. It doesnt seem to take. So set it up beforehand, (You can afterall cancel it when ever you want to anyway). I have heard of this from time to time, but it didnt work for me cos I was trying to continue a render, and other times it was incorrect info. I have used these progressive settings on a number of projects since and have hit the target Samples/Iterations every time.

Hope this helps somone in a similar situation

I'm glad you found your answer. I don't come into this forum very often, or I would have given you the information you dug up in the forums or figured out on your own. To take it all a bit further, you might want to do what I ended up doing. I set up my favorite Render Settings, the same as you state above, and saved a "default" scene. Then I went into Preferences and set DS to load my default scene when it opens, and whenever I start a New scene.

Looks like 15000 in Max Samples may cause us some grief when using Iray preview, though:

AndyS said:

Are you talking about the "iRay" camera?
    I never see the number or count of frames (do you mean iterations?)

This doesn't matter, cause you ever can change something in the scene or switch back to the "Texture" view.

Yes, iterations. It keeps going until it reaches the max iterations setting. But it completely ignores the convergence setting. The official release now does this too. You can check the number of iterations in the log file. Anyone else getting this?

I generally keep my Max Samples at 15000, and I find Iray preview to be a pain at times. I'm going to change my Max Samples to something small and test it, see if the preview stops rendering sooner. If that's the case, it will be time to ask Daz for another feature: a separate Max Samples for the Iray preview! lol

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited July 2017

Iray viewport preview will render until reach one of the conditions currently set in Progressive Rendering of Render Settings pane. Using Window>Workspace>Customize… I put in the Render Menu 2 previously saved Render-Setting Preset. One named Preview which have setting the Max Sample to 5000 and Max Time to 0 (zero) and the second one named Production with the Max Sample set to 12000 and Max time set to 0 (zero). The Preview Render-Settings Preset is also loaded with my default empty scene which I have set to load when DS starts or at new scene creation.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • go awaygo away Posts: 15

I'm running the Daz Studio Pro Beta v4.9.4.122.  I have an existing scene that contains objects that came from an attached Poser runtime.  When I open the scene I get a dialog labeled "Missing Files" and it contains a list of files of the form "data/auto_adapted/wallb2_511/geometry_4966c704_1d87_4762_49ee_9f7176c75c90/wallb2.dsf" (as an example).  When the scene is displayed the Poser object is missing and replaced by what appears to be a bounding box.  All of the Daz content items appear normally.

I did some looking around and it appears anytime an object from a Poser runtime is inserted in a scene, Studio creates a data file as indicated above using the object name (e.g., "wallb2" in the above example) and appends additional information, such as what appears to be a GUID, in order to make a unique name. For some reason it appears the 122 beta is looking for the wrong file name.  The v4.9.4.117 release doesn't have this problem -- it opens the scene just fine.

As an experiment I used the 122 beta to create a new scene that contains the same Poser object and it appeared correctly.  However, if I saved the scene and tried to reopen it in the 122 beta I got the same issue -- a "Missing Files" dialog with a list of files, and the scene had the Poser object replaced with a bounding box.  But, if I opened the scene in the 177 general release, the Poser object appeared exactly as it should, with no errors.

A couple other things I noticed about the 122 release: I couldn't save a scene that only contained Poser objects, nor could I save a scene that contained both Studio and Poser objects if a Poser object was selected in the list of parts in the "Scene" pane.  Though the scene would be saved if a Studio object was selected.  In both cases I didn't get an error, Studio acted like it was saving, there just was no file written out.

Anyone have any suggestions? It looks like the 122 beta has something broken with regard to Poser objects. 

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    go away said:
    Anyone have any suggestions? It looks like the 122 beta has something broken with regard to Poser objects.

If the scene has only one or a few Poser-format objects, have you tried saving* them individually as Figure or Prop Assets? This converts the object from Poser-format into proper DAZ|Studio-format data files, bypassing any possible glitch with the /data/auto_adapted/ folder. (Don't try this if your scene has lotsandlotsandlots of Poser objects, you'll be stuck converting until the next D|S release comes out...)

If that doesn't work either, there's probably a more serious issue with the beta.

* Do this with a copy of your scene file, just in case Something Weird™ happens.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited July 2017

I think daz change how auto-adapted (converted) file saved. though I do not remember which version change, but  if I use auto-fit, or use poser type files,

then save it as scene,  now ds  save converted data, in the scene.duf (maybe it happen about subset.duf too) (maybe no more use auto-adapted folda for the purpose, I think)

actually it cause my saved scene size so huge, untill I convert them (if it was figure type cr2 props) , and  save them as new assets (figure or prop) dsf in data.

And I think, it seems cause problem when you save  those files which imported by daz connect. 

====================================================

sorry, now I test again with cr2 type scene props and check saved scene.duf.

I miss understand. because  cr2 ,pp2,  still use auto adapted folda to load geometry with current ds beta.  only auto-fit items discribe all geometry data in duf. 

but when I compare file size, about sceneA,  non convnerted rig prop(cr2)  save as sceneA.duf

and sceneB converted as daz weight map, then save as figure first, and save as sceneB.duf.

scene1 is 146kb as zip, (1599kb),    scene2 is 22kb as zip( 272kb) . it means if not convert and save as dsf, scene sze are almost 6 times size.

Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • Imported content is now stored in the scene file - the AutoAdapted/AutoConverted assets system could have problems with conflicting versions, embedding in the file avoids those. Obviously for things you use often it makes sense to turn them into assets so you need only one set of data.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,442

so the suggested workflow is, for example

- load g3f
    - load g2f outfit
    - fit g2f outfit to g3f
    - save fitted g2f outfit as new asset for later use with g3f

is it right ?

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I posted this in another thread, but it appears to be stone dead, so I'm trying again here.

In Materials, the new Dual Lobe Specular Weight channel is always highlighted in yellow. If I go into Parameter settings for that channel, I see the Color B option (which is yellow), and I can change this, but only for each individual material.

I have  all my channels set to gray in Menu> Window> Style> Customise Style, but the Color B option isn't in that dialog. Does anyone know why? Or is this a bug I should report? (Yes, I've run the Update and Merge Menus script).

I also tried adding a section to my UserStyle.dsa, but it doesn't work.

It's only a very minor irritant, but my eye keeps being drawn to this one highlighted channel.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 789

MBusch said:

Iray viewport preview will render until reach one of the conditions currently set in Progressive Rendering of Render Settings pane. Using Window>Workspace>Customize… I put in the Render Menu 2 previously saved Render-Setting Preset. One named Preview which have setting the Max Sample to 5000 and Max Time to 0 (zero) and the second one named Production with the Max Sample set to 12000 and Max time set to 0 (zero). The Preview Render-Settings Preset is also loaded with my default empty scene which I have set to load when DS starts or at new scene creation.

Unfortunately, iRay viewport preview will ignore convergence settings. So you can't leave DAZ Studio running. The amount of heat generated by my video cards is quite extreme. I do have good cooling, but I don't want to leave them running at full capacity for really long extended periods of time eating up extra power and generating excess heat for no reason. I find using the other two settings to be really annoying. Every scene and camera angle will require a different amount of iterations and time. So the fact that the developers decided to turn off the only settings that can give some kind of consistency in the preview seems rather odd to me.

That's not my experience. You CAN leave DAZ studio running. I frequently leave my scenes rendering in Iray viewport preview and they stop when the Max Sample is reach.

@AlienRenders

I am using 4.9.4.117 so I don't know if it works in the beta. But I can confirm that with viewport rendering the GPU stops as soon as the "max samples" are reached. I can also verify it with GPU-Z. That's both with interactive and photoreal modes. You have to turn off "rendering quality enable" and set the "max samples" to your desired value. Hope this helps.

iray-viewport.jpg
    565 x 368 - 60K

Mine stops even with "Rendering Quality Enable" turned on, in both versions.

edited August 2017

DAZ  please correct "LPE input filed ", in rendersetting>canvas, though I read many books from right to left order, for my language habit,

but not hope to input codes in pc, I hope to input, left to right.  though I can still change position of insert, but after I input letter, everytime cursol return start point.

I need to keep open text editor, then modify in editor,  copy and paste everytime just change one word, or add handle then test render,   it is really annoying now. (I am windows user, then I do not know if it is localize problem of keybord, but I have never seen aprication, which force me, to insert letter like that.   I have seen it is not imrpoved at all, after daz offer iray canvas.. if there is no daz programmer who actually input something in this field? 

• DAZ  please correct "LPE input filed ", in rendersetting>canvas, though I read many books from right to left order, for my language habit,

but not hope to input codes in pc, I hope to input, left to right.  though I can still change position of insert, but after I input letter, everytime cursol return start point.

I need to keep open text editor, then modify in editor,  copy and paste everytime just change one word, or add handle then test render,   it is really annoying now. (I am windows user, then I do not know if it is localize problem of keybord, but I have never seen aprication, which force me, to insert letter like that.   I have seen it is not imrpoved at all, after daz offer iray canvas.. if there is no daz programmer who actually input something in this field? 

Please submit in the bug tracker as it's the only way for devs to see.

edited August 2017

OK it iseems same for you,  I send bug report  as bug to techinical support.

And I still hope to see  bug tracker which can clear see from all user (at least about bug which is conrimerd from tech support,

for user who send ticket and make account) the merit is not only for user, but support too. If I am support, I do not see same bug report

and reply each.  daz do not have human power for many things, I hered so, then bug tracker can reduce support team wrok .

><;  does some other user can  input LPE correctly, (not turn cursol to start point with each input letter) ?  because ,support hope me to send video , and said can not re-produce it.

I do not like to install new video decorder or scrren cast movie tool, and not hope , I need to make scrreen cast movie. (check tool usage, and set up etc,,)

I feel, if it is  some localize problem for my key-bord, if it is only happen for me. but I said, every apricaiton which I have (editor, or scripter, or 3d apricaiton)

input filed do not work such way.  and most of filed in ds I can input words letter, correclty, just this LPE field not work.  someone please report, if you have same problem.

I stop to send bug report any more.  it really kill my time often.  untill daz really offer bug tracker for us. 

LPE.JPG
    780 x 832 - 87K
    edited August 2017

hi Kitakoredaz, I can confirm I have the same bug here. The cursor goes back to the first character in the line whenever I press a key. So if I write "this is a bug" it displays "gub a si siht".

I am italian but I have both my windows language and region settings set to english usa, so it shouldn't be a localization problem. Also all my apps work fine with the input language.

Sometime I change the region settings and input language to japanese when I have to use some japanese software such as Miku Miku Dance, that I can't live without. But overall I keep my system english usa just for easy of use.

If you already opened a ticket you may try to ask them to play around with the region settings to see if they can reproduce the bug. Or at least give them your region settings to check for.

Though in my first ticket I didn't have a great success with the tech support. After some more input by me they replied the same that they can't reproduce the issue. That in my opinion is not possible at all because I gave them the exact procedure to follow to reproduce the bug. So I fear it may be a habit they have when they do not want and/or have no time to check.

EDIT: Windows 8.1 x64, DS 4.9.4.117

lpe.jpg
    567 x 477 - 43K
    language.jpg
    769 x 494 - 91K
    Post edited by Padone on
    edited August 2017

thanks ^^  actually I felt I needed to be more carefull when I  complain ^^;

because the supporter who now often erply my report is actually kind person.  I do not hope to blame daz support team (who reply me)

(but may blame daz as cusotmer, no hesitate!)

unfortunately her recommend tool (SC movie tool) not work for my pc, (I can not save the movie, my directory not open, only I could see those file when I activate the tool,

it was same I use downloaded version,,  then there was no way to save the movie, and I do not like tool which need to log in )  it take long time just try to make one SC movie with new tool,, about simple bug,  then I really angry,,  but after all,, I downloaded another SC tool, with google teacher,  then send her SC,, after complain^^;  now my three bug report about canvas seems confrimed, and send to dev, 

though I do not like to take many time to send report, not only for uesr,, but  for daz company, but it make me to learn new tool,, then I thanks support,,,)

then I am thinking, those report which not confrimed before,,, I re-make as SC movie, then send again,, when I have time,, 

But anyway, hey DAZ ! offer me bug tracker for your cusotmer!! cheeky   your support work hard!  why not offer bug tracker which can report by many user, to help them work? 

And,, when I can see power pose template, which nowdays daz suddenly push for genesis8 (before, I seldom see daz talk about this tool, only user offer template by them self) for genesis3 ?

I may better not expect much?    so you put it as beta version untlill sell genesis8, then I believe, if I test and report, it may offer for genesis3 too, but it just for genesis8 sale ?    if daz seriously enhance ds tool, there is no good reason you offer it for genesis8 only, then wait many genesis3 user,, long time. 

then I blame daz.

Yes I agree about Powerpose. It seems to me they published G8 content before DAZ Studio was actually ready for it. Then put together some quick fixes in the beta. But since the beta doesn't go release and they already started 9.10 in the private build, I wonder what's going on .. Meanwhile the tech support replied to me to stay with 4.9.4.117 and wait for the beta to go release, so may be there's hope.

As for the LPE bug, of course a quick workaround is to copy and paste from a text editor. This works fine for me until they fix it.

• Padone said:

Yes I agree about Powerpose. It seems to me they published G8 content before DAZ Studio was actually ready for it. Then put together some quick fixes in the beta. But since the beta doesn't go release and they already started 9.10 in the private build, I wonder what's going on .. Meanwhile the tech support replied to me to stay with 4.9.4.117 and wait for the beta to go release, so may be there's hope.

As for the LPE bug, of course a quick workaround is to copy and paste from a text editor. This works fine for me until they fix it.

A lot of the feature that are in 4.9.4 were likely done in 4.10 and backported to 4.9; this is a fairly common practice in the open source world.

• Padone said:

A lot of the feature that are in 4.9.4 were likely done in 4.10 and backported to 4.9; this is a fairly common practice in the open source world.

If you look in the change log you will see entries "Merged Changes to trunk" with a 4.9.4.x version number

So they're working in 4.10 and merging back in 4.9. Thank you this explains something. I guess this also means there will be a new fixed 4.9 release before 4.10.

edited August 2017

So there is 2 version, one is current product  build 4.9.4.117,  and another is beta 4.9.4.122

then if user hope to get stable one, most of company or aprication vendor say,  use product  build.

but about daz stuido, I can not think so. becaues daz often offer new product bulid, when they offer new figure. without check carefully.

actually, we can see this beta remove many problem of product bulid. . but daz do not offer it as  product bulid still.

many uesr may not plan to install beta.  then I think after all daz just offer product build with genesis 8 at same time only for CM. 

I said, daz may better check more, untill offer 4.9.4.117 as product build. then after all, daz needed  to up-date many things,  but as beta version.

4.9.4.121 (June 23, 2017)

PowerPose
    Fixed a crash on OS X when clicking a node point that controls a property with a range of zero; e.g., Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 twist bones, where the min and max of cetain transform properties are both set to 0
    Fixed an issue where the right-click drag vertical control label for a node point could incorrectly display the label for the left-click drag vertical control
    Fixed an issue where a change in the size/scale of a given node point's effect was not being signaled (and therefore not being applied)
    Fixed an issue where deselecting a property point did not cause all of the potential properties to be deselected; this could result in properties that should not be affected by a given property point being affected
    Fixed an issue where mapping of property points did not correctly initialize; this could result in unintended results when manipulating property ponts

why daz could proud and CM , genesis8 and power pose as genesis8 improvement, without fix for product build daz studio?

those things clear show, power pose is still wip tool. it can not be offered as product build. but daz push it for genesis8 sales. 

if DAZ try something new, , may better make it more stable about product build, untill mix  with beta test version.    it actually often confuse user. 

to get some important up-date, we need to use beta , not product build which include bug. but if there is problem, we often hear, 

because it is beta. but actually product version have improtant bug too.  I do not think current product build can be call as stable version.

it is not stable than current beta. 

• The beta gives people a chance to test the new work and to report issues, so that - we may hope - the next release avoids the issues that were found in the previous production build when it was made geenrally available.

• And it seems to have passed the testing, as it's now the official release version.

Yes, that's why I was a little pedantic on this that usually I'm not. While I understand that they need beta testers for G8 and Powerpose so G8 must be out, it is also true that the release version was broken WHILE G8 and Powerpose content is SOLD in the store. And for a customer that may make it broken content legitimated for a refund.

So I'm glad that 122 is release now.

The beta need to be test ,and the purpose is try new things. it is usuall process.  but to name  it as product, there should be more test daz need.

about 4.9.4.117  not tested well, too quick to offer as product. it is only because DAZ CM things with new generation figure.

then finally daz offer 4.9.4.122 (current beta) offer as new product build.  (I expect it, then ask here, so daz man check this topic, it is clear for me,

I see many things, when I complain here, daz suddenly change discribe, or daz suddenly merge vergion) 

It simply show, DAZ studio 4.9.4.117 is not stable at all, and daz should not offer it as public build. 

we needed to use non-sutable version, as public build.  after daz release genesis8 . and we can not retun old stable version, without ask daz. 

If daz offer old version, as downloadable, it may not cause many problem, but DAZ offer only one version as product build. then it should be needed more test.

if daz keep current release way, (only offer 1 product bulid, with beta build),   release product  and beta need more careful process.

Then not offer next version as public beta,  so most of user can not test new beta. we have already used current beta, as product.

It is DAZ , do not show clear meaning about beta and product build, but release them without careull planning.

• I'd have to disagree that DAZ Studio 4.9.4.117 was generally unstable, though it is true that the previous version (4.9.4.115 I think) did need a quick update to that version.