[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    RGcincy said:

A question: is Husky for Wolf 2.0 going to get the Catalyzer update? I hope so.

The Husky is not an AM product, so it's not likely anytime soon. The process to convert LAMH to Catalyzer compliant isn't easy, based on what Alessandro said earlier in the thread. Even if it's never a "one button" solution, I hope he will make it available to the PAs at least, so they can convert their LAMH products to Catalyzer compliant if they wish. I suspect that may be a while, though, if it's even possible...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Okay, I've bought, downloaded, installed and put in the serial number, but I'm still sorting out the new critter versions so I haven't tried any renders yet. Does anyone see the separate LAMH installer for the skunk? it's in the "will work" list, but all the critters in my Product Library except this one have the DS installer and the separate LAMH installer. Should it be like this?

Okay, I've bought, downloaded, installed and put in the serial number, but I'm still sorting out the new critter versions so I haven't tried any renders yet. Does anyone see the separate LAMH installer for the skunk? it's in the "will work" list, but all the critters in my Product Library except this one have the DS installer and the separate LAMH installer. Should it be like this?

I do not have the skunk. In the animals I do have, I see listed one as Animal, one as Animal LAMH, and one as Animal Catalyzer. I accessed my animals in Smart Content. I click on Products, then type the animal in the filter field, i.e. skunk. Then I double click on the product to open it, and have everything right there.

If you do the above, and don't see a Skunk Catalyzer in the Figures folder, you may need to download an update. Did you just buy the skunk? If so, maybe Daz hasn't put the new file in the download area...

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805
    L'Adair said:

The Husky is not an AM product, so it's not likely anytime soon. The process to convert LAMH to Catalyzer compliant isn't easy, based on what Alessandro said earlier in the thread. Even if it's never a "one button" solution, I hope he will make it available to the PAs at least, so they can convert their LAMH products to Catalyzer compliant if they wish. I suspect that may be a while, though, if it's even possible...

Ah, didn't realize that given it's name. Too bad that the Catalyzer is so restrictive but I understand the issue. 

I tried a second test with some lions and it worked better (No post work other than levels and text),  Daz didn't crash and the file didn't get corrupted.

@joepingleton The lions turned out really nice.

Here's the Foxes. A couple of crashes but not too bad. As this was using an existing scene, definitely needed to add the animals first then merge in the rest of the scene. I also found after its first crash that if I lowered the render size, it rendered fine. After that, I could increase the render size to the  original and it too rendered fine, but htat could be sheer luck. Hope the crashing gets fixed; in the meantime, I'm enjoying the result.s I'm getting.

"New Kid in the Neighborhood"

RGcincy said:

Here's the Foxes. A couple of crashes but not too bad. As this was using an existing scene, definitely needed to add the animals first then merge in the rest of the scene. I also found after its first crash that if I lowered the render size, it rendered fine. After that, I could increase the render size to the  original and it too rendered fine, but htat could be sheer luck. Hope the crashing gets fixed; in the meantime, I'm enjoying the result.s I'm getting.

I didn't change the render size, but when I tried to rerender, DS crashed. I was using an old scene with a dog in it, merged with the wolf. (Deleted the dog.) I had hidden the ceiling to see from the top to move the wolf, then forgot to unhide the ceiling. Hit Catalyst render button and walked away. When I came back, I saw the image was way too bright. Stopped the render. Left the render window open, and hit the Catalyst render button again...

I had the same issue last night, too.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,461

I just wanted to add my praise for this product. It really simplied rendering LAMH in Iray. I just followed the instructions in the pdf and this spit right out.

Wolf

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

So many great results from everyone. They are very inspiring

I tried another quick experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I returned to the squirrels that where giving me a problems.  I wasn't able to render them both at the same time. It crashed "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" every attempt.  So I just rendered them separately and combined the renders in Photoshop.  Has anyone been able to render more than one squirrel  in a scene?

catalyzer02.jpg
    960 x 540 - 220K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    ...so this does not yet work on custom created hair for characters, correct? (Apologies, on the phone when I saw this and not about to read through 6 pages)
    kyoto kid said:
    ...so this does not yet work on custom created hair for characters, correct? (Apologies, on the phone when I saw this and not about to read through 6 pages)

Correct. For technical reasons. LAMH must be converted to Catalyzer, and the process is not automated.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    ...thanks as I use LAMH for other purposes. The fact it continues to be have good support is a major advantage.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

oh that's fantastic!!!! 

Greybro said:

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Lovely!!! I have the squirrel but havne't yet tried him.  

So many great results from everyone. They are very inspiring

I tried another quick experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I returned to the squirrels that where giving me a problems.  I wasn't able to render them both at the same time. It crashed "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" every attempt.  So I just rendered them separately and combined the renders in Photoshop.  Has anyone been able to render more than one squirrel  in a scene?

• ACueACue Posts: 114

Here is the fantastic, new and improved moose (Alces Alces) rendered with the new Catalyzer plug-in. I think we need  better texture for the antlers, but it's a fine model. PS I tried to render this scene with the red squirrel on it's head. You guessed it. Crash! 

alces_alces_web.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 586K
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

Another quick experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I tried to see what it's limits are with beavers.  At seven beavers it crashed every time I rendered. I was able to get six beavers by setting the hair density to 4 and turning on safe mode. No post work.

BeaverParty01.jpg
    1175 x 500 - 284K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    L'Adair said:
    I do not have the skunk. In the animals I do have, I see listed one as Animal, one as Animal LAMH, and one as Animal Catalyzer.

I haven't installed any of them yet, I'm talking about the downloads in the Product Library store page. I bought the skunk some time ago, I think when it first came out. There does seem to have been a glitch with the updates not all appearing at the same time as the Catalyser going live in the store, maybe this is another one. Or maybe someone at DAZ just needs to give the store database yet another good hard kick...

• JStryderJStryder Posts: 168

Anybody else notice the weirdness inside the Beaver's mouth? Not sure if this is an issue with the model or with Catalyzer. Or maybe Beavers' mouths are actually hairy. I couldn't say; never been close friends with a Beav.

Beaver Iray closeup.png
    675 x 675 - 585K
  • PlantPlant Posts: 103

Are your animals that were sold at Hivewire being updated to the catalyzer

L'Adair said:
    I do not have the skunk. In the animals I do have, I see listed one as Animal, one as Animal LAMH, and one as Animal Catalyzer.

I haven't installed any of them yet, I'm talking about the downloads in the Product Library store page. I bought the skunk some time ago, I think when it first came out. There does seem to have been a glitch with the updates not all appearing at the same time as the Catalyser going live in the store, maybe this is another one. Or maybe someone at DAZ just needs to give the store database yet another good hard kick...

Okay. I checked my product library and downloaded the DS file. The Catalyzer compliant figures are in that file. I would assume the same for your skunk.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

What a great product. Grabbed it today. Nice job. so easy to use. Have not used my kangaroo and koalas for some time now, due to work and iRay not allowing me the time to do so. Again, this is the perfect purchase atm. Makes me wanna put hair all over stuff again just cos I can :) 

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

Just a note that I'm studying this erratic behavior that, on some systems, may cause a crash if the Catalyzer models are loaded after an initial scene .duf. I think I have found the culprit of the issue and should have a 1.1 beta test version soon. I just want to thank all the users for their patience and for providing precious feedback and log files that really helped me in this process.

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
    edited August 2017

Just a note that I'm studying this erratic behavior that, on some systems, may cause a crash if the Catalyzer models are loaded after an initial scene .duf. I think I have found the culprit of the issue and should have a 1.1 beta test version soon. I just want to thank all the users for their patience and for providing precious feedback and log files that really helped me in this process.

If I load the Catalyzer American Bison and apply any pose preset it, it does crash Daz Studio. If however, I pose him manually, it doesn't not crash and renders as expected.

Post edited by Greybro on

Another quick experiment with "LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer" with DAZ Studio and Iray. This time I tried to see what it's limits are with beavers.  At seven beavers it crashed every time I rendered. I was able to get six beavers by setting the hair density to 4 and turning on safe mode. No post work.

That looks pretty impressive to me.

• I really want a cat with long fur - willing to wait and test until that happens. 

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited August 2017

AM we need more animals like: cats and european wild goats, boars and deers. PLEASE :0)

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited August 2017

Don't you worry folks, can't say much now but a constant flurry of furry (and not) animal deliveries is coming...

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Yea, went through my AM collection and I'm missing the following updates: Beaver, Cervidae, Fox, Giant Anteater, Skunk

Alex sent me a suggestion via Fb and told me to submit a ticket so I did that.  Hopefully it will be resolved SOON!

• Don't you worry folks, can't say much now but a constant flurry of furry (and not) animal deliveries is coming...

*Pauses*

*Imagines cuddly wolf cubs*

*Takes a deep breath*

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee--!