[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I like the possibilities that this product implies, but I have several questions.  I need these questions answered before I decide whether to take the bite or not.

When you say that it only works on your presets, does that mean that any of your animals where I've changed the materials to my own texture maps on the base figure can't be used or does that part not enter into the conversion process?  I have several of your animals with custom texture maps, but I haven't changed the LAMH preset.  It would be disappointing if those can't be used.

Can we still groom the fiber mesh of your animals in LAMH and have it useable in the Catalyzer?  

What is the saving protocol like with the Catalyzer?  Do we still have to save the fiber mesh group outside of the LAMH group to get it to stick or is the saving process different with the Catalyzer?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    barbult said:

Does this only work with the AM animals sold in the Daz store, or will it work with LAMH hair that users have created themselves?

In this initial release it works with my models only.

Hi Alex.  Bought to support your efforts but I really hope in time these tools can be used more universally like for making beards and hair for characters and other animals you didn't make.  Please don't make this a closed sort of plugin.  Many folks are still upset enough about the dynamics situation that DAZ offers us with no options to create, just buy and render... no fun that way for allot of us.  Thanks!

• just did a quickie of wolf 2 fur looks great 

wolf 307am100817 iray.png
    690 x 636 - 205K

I just purchased it, but can not activate it because there is no serial number supplied. I also can't find the updates for the old LAMH animals.  Any tips?

Your serial number is under your Account> Serial Numbers.... scroll to the very bottom of the page

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I am excited to have this although I won't have time to play with it until at least tomorrow.  I honestly don't care if it doesn't work with anything else right now.  Trying to use LAMH with Iray crashes both of the machines I use. I have enough of his animals that its well worth grabbing this.  I'm excited that I will be able to use my animals in Iray renders now without hours of frustration.  Of course, if there is a way at some point to make it work with anything created in LAMH I will be thrilled as well, but this certainly makes me happy.  And the price was more than reasonable.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

this is finished being taken care of for those who already purchased LAMH2Iray Catalyzer and things will now be normal for new purchasers

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128
    edited August 2017

I found my Serial right away but I'm not getting offered updates for my Wolf2 or the Real Fur for Big Cats or the Arctic Fox in DIM....

ETA: also, loading in the Catalyzer Squirrel and then trying to load in the Catalyzer Racoon *so they can do a black market deal) causes Daz to instant crash to desktop. 3x in a row. I can load them in the reverse order without a crash though.

ETA ETA: Got my first scene set up, and went to go hit Render (in the Catalyzer pane) and it crashed Daz. Now when I go to open that saved file, it crashes Daz. ouch.

ETAx3 Tried a render with nothing but the raccoon. It started fine but I canceled it so I could zoom in and frame the racoon better. Started that render. Crash.  Is it something with the racoon in specific? I'm feeling a little too frustrated and disheartened right now to check myself, and I only have that and the squirrel in Catalyzer format anyhow.

Post edited by dreamfarmer on
  • Awesome work again, Alessandro! Just picked up the Catalyzer and it functions spectacularly. Incredibly fast and easy to use. DAZ updated all my LAMH critters, and I plan to pick up several others now that Catalyzer for Iray is here. Makes using them so much simpler. Thanks for all your diligent assistance, and enjoy your travels!

• Oh, now i have the number , and all is fine, thank you :-)

marie

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited August 2017

I've tried to load the European Red Squirrel into several existing scenes, both small and large. It loads fine but as soon as I try to move it DS crashes without any crash report. If I save the scene right after having loaded the squirrel, and then reopen it, DS also crashes during loading of the scene, it does however generate a crash report here.

Anyone else seeing this? DS 4.9.4.117 / 64

EDIT: it seems to work OK if I just load the squirrel into an empty scene.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Trying the Wolf2... holy poot. Looks AMAZING. And far faster than anything else I've done trying to do LAMH in Iray

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@IceDragonArt, @dreamfarmer, and @Taoz, I was having problems with DS crashing when trying to use the Squirrel and the Hivewire3D House Cat, both with LAMH presets. Win10 was also throwing "Out of Memory" errors at me left and right. I highly recommend you check your page files, see if they need to be increased. Here's the how over in The Commons. That might not be the issue, but then again, it might. And if it is an issue, using Catalyzer might continue to crash DS.

I am excited to have this although I won't have time to play with it until at least tomorrow.  I honestly don't care if it doesn't work with anything else right now.  Trying to use LAMH with Iray crashes both of the machines I use. I have enough of his animals that its well worth grabbing this.  I'm excited that I will be able to use my animals in Iray renders now without hours of frustration.  Of course, if there is a way at some point to make it work with anything created in LAMH I will be thrilled as well, but this certainly makes me happy.  And the price was more than reasonable.

I found my Serial right away but I'm not getting offered updates for my Wolf2 or the Real Fur for Big Cats or the Arctic Fox in DIM....

ETA: also, loading in the Catalyzer Squirrel and then trying to load in the Catalyzer Racoon *so they can do a black market deal) causes Daz to instant crash to desktop. 3x in a row. I can load them in the reverse order without a crash though.

ETA ETA: Got my first scene set up, and went to go hit Render (in the Catalyzer pane) and it crashed Daz. Now when I go to open that saved file, it crashes Daz. ouch.

ETAx3 Tried a render with nothing but the raccoon. It started fine but I canceled it so I could zoom in and frame the racoon better. Started that render. Crash.  Is it something with the racoon in specific? I'm feeling a little too frustrated and disheartened right now to check myself, and I only have that and the squirrel in Catalyzer format anyhow.

Taoz said:

I've tried to load the European Red Squirrel into several existing scenes, both small and large. It loads fine but as soon as I try to move it DS crashes without any crash report. If I save the scene right after having loaded the squirrel, and then reopen it, DS also crashes during loading of the scene, it does however generate a crash report here.

Well I gave in... I finally bought the Bear Cubs bundle.  They are just TOO CUTE.  I also got the Dynamic Rainforest and the second Rainforest foliage set to complete that set up.  Funny thing is when I put all of it in the cart I thought it was going to be well over $100.00 but Alex must be having a sale or something, I paid less than $55.00 for all of that.  I'm happy about those savings, yes I am! 

• ACueACue Posts: 114
    L'Adair said:

@IceDragonArt, @dreamfarmer, and @Taoz, I was having problems with DS crashing when trying to use the Squirrel and the Hivewire3D House Cat, both with LAMH presets. Win10 was also throwing "Out of Memory" errors at me left and right. I highly recommend you check your page files, see if they need to be increased. Here's the how over in The Commons. That might not be the issue, but then again, it might. And if it is an issue, using Catalyzer might continue to crash DS.

Taoz said:

Same here with the squirrel. This new plugin is seriously taxing my resources, whereas just using LAMH player and doing it manually is much less of a drain.  So far, a lot of crashng going on, and I don't have a bad system.  I will try and play around with it some more but so far I have found it frustrating. I also prefer the "look" of the real fur with the standard process.  Way too early to judge, but that's my initial reaction.  I will keep monitoring this forum for more feedback and perhaps some tips. But for now, I really can't use the plugin wihtin any medium or significant scene. I mau have to upgrade amy whole rig after all. LoL!

• ACueACue Posts: 114
    ACue said:
    L'Adair said:

Taoz said:

Same here with the squirrel. This new plugin is seriously taxing my resources, whereas just using LAMH player and doing it manually is much less of a drain.  So far, a lot of crashng going on, and I don't have a bad system.  I will try and play around with it some more but so far I have found it frustrating. I also prefer the "look" of the real fur with the standard process.  Way too early to judge, but that's my initial reaction.  I will keep monitoring this forum for more feedback and perhaps some tips. But for now, I really can't use the plugin wihtin any medium or significant scene. I mau have to upgrade amy whole rig after all. LoL!

PS: I don't want to leave the wrong impression. I just LOVE these figures and resources and I think Alessandro is my hero! I have created many astonishing piece of digital art because of these wonderful furry creatures. Looking forward to either sorting out the reseources issue, or upgrading my system to the latest specs.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

I tried hard, but unfortunately can't get this working. It crash DS all the time. I tried with old and fresh scenes. It works at some extent if I have just a catalized figure, but if I change anything in the scene after the forst render, it will crash. Very frustrating… sad

• zmortiszmortis Posts: 98
    edited August 2017

It seems to have worked fine for me in my quick test render here using AM Wolf 2.0 and Catalyzer. Looking forward to doing some more detailed use of it.

AM Wolf 2.0 w/Catalyzer

Post edited by zmortis on
  • JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited August 2017

I was able to activate it and found the updates for the old LAMH animals.  So I tried a quick test with the some wolves (No post work other than levels and text). I tried to use a few different elements that I commonly render (ie: DOF, instances, HDRI sky)

It produced amazing results.  I have never been able to use more than one LAMH animal in Iray without it crashing.  It rendered in about 5 min (super fast compared to all my other LAMH Iray experiments).  No having to convert LAMH to objects.  I am in love with this product.

Now for the problems.  It took me three attempts to render this because it crashed DAZ several times and I couldn't reopen the files.  I can't reopen this file, but I saved another version with just the wolves and it opens.  I tried to add a squirrel and it crashed.  Still lots of problems that I hope get fixed in later versions.  Any tips to avaoid some of these problems?

I tried a second test with some lions and it worked better (No post work other than levels and text),  Daz didn't crash and the file didn't get corrupted.

I tried a third test with squirrels and had something strange happen.  It just rendered a blank scene. Anyone else have this happen to them?  More experimentation is needed.

catalyzer01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 167K
    catalyzer03.jpg
    742 x 960 - 177K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • I bought this, but I was hoping the cat preset would work with it. Oh well, I will keep my fingers crossed and will just have to play with the Wolf2.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited August 2017
    L'Adair said:

Taoz said:

I have only 8 GB RAM in my render machine but swap file is 10 GB and I'm not getting any low memory warnings so you may be right about the swap file thing.

I saw in another thread that you have 32 (64 now?) GB RAM, sounds strange though that you would get low memory warnings even with a small swap file unless you have some huge scenes that exceed those 32/64 GB. It shouldn't start swapping unless you run out of RAM. But Windows memory management has the annoying habit of moving RAM from open programs that are idle to the swap file even if there are lots of free RAM, and maybe that's what causing the low memory warnings, and not DS, as long as DS is active.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Oh dear. Crashed first time on first render. 

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

Having crashing problems with the Red Fox - loading one into an existing scene - it loads then crashes as soon as I try to apply a pose.

Thing is, the same scene loaded previously with the non-iray LAMH fox, posed fine, exported to obj, added a Wolf2 with the same process (hair converted to obj).

It slowed my system to a crawl but it would at least render.

I deleted the old figures, saved, tried purge-memory, close and open DS - still got the same problem.

On the other hand, loading the fox and wolf into an empty scene gave no problems and renders like lightning!

I got a crash with the Wolf. Only thing in the scene, nothing else. Loaded him, posed him, moved the camera - all fine. Started render.....10 seconds later, crash.  

Having crashing problems with the Red Fox - loading one into an existing scene - it loads then crashes as soon as I try to apply a pose.

Thing is, the same scene loaded previously with the non-iray LAMH fox, posed fine, exported to obj, added a Wolf2 with the same process (hair converted to obj).

It slowed my system to a crawl but it would at least render.

I deleted the old figures, saved, tried purge-memory, close and open DS - still got the same problem.

On the other hand, loading the fox and wolf into an empty scene gave no problems and renders like lightning!

• rainbud_7f9591930drainbud_7f9591930d Posts: 22
    edited August 2017

LAMH2Iray Catalyzer is crashing my Daz3D 4.8 Pro.

I used the newest Wolf2 for LAMH2Iray Catalyzer.

The Errormessage shows an Access Violation.

Post edited by rainbud_7f9591930d on

A few of Alex's critters that were in his included list have not come down the DIM pipe line so far today with the needed updates like the Fox, Giant Anteater or Skunk!  sad

Hmmmm I had more success this time. Loaded the wolf, posed, added camera...nothing else at all in the scene. didn't do anything to render settings etc. I hit 'render' in the catalyzer pane and then sat back. Rendered fine. I didn't minimize the render window or even DS this time. Just left it there and watched. Last time, I minimized the window to do something else - I wonder if this could be it for me. I'll do more testing to find out. 

I'm throwing out a guess here as I'm not certain, but it may be possible that it needs version 4.9? 

The downloader says 4.8+ so I'm guessing it was tested in that.

jakiblue said:

I'm throwing out a guess here as I'm not certain, but it may be possible that it needs version 4.9? 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I quadrupled my pagefile size, which I'm sure will be useful in other ways, but in the case of the very reproducible (for me) 'add raccoon to squirrel scene' the insta-crash still happens. nothing in the main log.

edited August 2017

Managed to recreate my scene - rendering with the fox+wolf + Fern Lake.  Seems to be going faster (though it's a hefty scene in terms of the two animals and the lake).  I do like the look of the hair more.  I think I'll stop it before completion - the animals look fine now, but the background still has noise (only because I haven't finished the render, nothing to do with the catalyzer).

Comparison below (didn't render either to completion, but it's the foreground I'm looking at now).

First with 'convert to obj' Iray render

Second with Catalyzer - much faster and the fur looks better.

Fox+Wolf obj.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 325K
    Fox+Wolf+Lake Catalyzer.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 316K
    Post edited by Silent Winter on