[Released] LAMH2Iray Catalyzer: 1.8 update available [Commercial]

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited August 2017

Is this one of the plug ins that are better to install manually or via DIM and not Connect/Smart content? Just want to check before I grab it. 

I am a little disappointed that it won't work on the free presets from furrythings, particularly the mill cat and dog. Or say the fur bits on the gorgeous Snow Angel for G3. But it sounds like, from what AM is saying, that LAMH fur presets need to be converted before working in this, and obviously we can't expect Alessandro to run around and convert every bit of LAMH preset there is out there. 

On the other hand, it will work with Alessandro's future animals going forth, so I still wait excitedly for his rat (particularly if he does add ons for fantasy type presets a la Noggin's zebra rat which I can finally retire) and the domestic cat and dog that have been rumoured to be coming. 

I am thrilled it will work with his Wolf (what's a warrior barbarian without her wolf??) and of course, the Big Cats presets he did (what's a barbarian warrior without her tiger??). 

I'm curious to see whether people who have experienced either crashes or long long render times previously with lamh fur in DS are finding this fixes all that!

edit: i haven't seen any updates coming through for the wolf or squirrel or big cats as yet - but then connect/smart content generally lags behind when it comes to updates :sigh:

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,818

It doesn't say on the product page, so it feels better to ask before gfoing through with deciding wether to use the last few money I have or not. Do I Have to have the full LAMH to be able to use this Catalyser or is it possible to use it with the free LAMH player, or perhaps even without that?

• PlantPlant Posts: 103

Can they co exist LAMH & Catalyzer,not to be used together but for choice

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Purchased but I can't activate it because there is no serial number showing in my account. Hopefully a temporary glitch.

It only works on AM's animals which are being updated with the iray presets, and as I have used his animals with only the free LAMH player, I'm taking a good guess that you'll only need the free player.  

Carola O said:

It doesn't say on the product page, so it feels better to ask before gfoing through with deciding wether to use the last few money I have or not. Do I Have to have the full LAMH to be able to use this Catalyser or is it possible to use it with the free LAMH player, or perhaps even without that?

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited August 2017

How can we make our own presets compatible to Catalyzer and Iray? And will you update the presets on your homepage for Catalyzer too?

Edit: Have read your comments above and seen, that it is not possible yet, to convert one owns presets to the Catalyzer. Catalyzer is currently just a product that featured some of your own products. Nothing more. Right?

Don't know, if it was worth to buy under this aspect.Until there is a better solution, I will do my Iray Renders with LAMH the old way from your tutorial

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • Good Morning :-)

I´m really, really happy to see this plug in, and i love all your works AM... but now, i install it, with DIM and there is no pane, install it without DIM, and there is no pane?

Anyone here with an idea?

Thank you very much

marie

• serapine68serapine68 Posts: 15
    edited August 2017

Me too no Serial Number. I have purchased but can not activate it. Where can i find it?

And where the Updates for my purchased Animals. They will not show in the DIM.

Serapine

Post edited by serapine68 on
  • I just purchased it, but can not activate it because there is no serial number supplied. I also can't find the updates for the old LAMH animals.  Any tips?

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited August 2017
    barbult said:

Does this only work with the AM animals sold in the Daz store, or will it work with LAMH hair that users have created themselves?

In this initial release it works with my models only.

In which case I would suggest that "you" (or whomever) change the text from product details from this:

"The Catalyzer is an innovative plugin that finally allows you to render LAMH compliant models effortlessly with the Nvidia Iray engine.
    Simply load and pose the models and click the Render button available in thCatalyzer pane: the procedure will automatically prepare Iray compliant, optimized spline hairs and produce the render!"

into at least something like this:

"The Catalyzer is an innovative plugin that finally allows you to render LAMH Catalyzer compliant models effortlessly with the Nvidia Iray engine.
    Simply load and pose the models and click the Render button available in the Catalyzer pane: the procedure will automatically prepare Iray compliant, Catalyzer compliant and optimized spline hairs and produce the render!"

And preferably include a list of compliant models (or LAMH furs) Catalyzer will work with.

Because, considering what Catalyzer does now, that text in the product page Details is, imo, if not outright lie, than at least its misleading. 

Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • same with me no serial number maybe they've run out of numbers again happened before with another plugin I bought they ran out of serial numbers so more had to be created

• same with me no serial number maybe they've run out of numbers again happened before with another plugin I bought they ran out of serial numbers so more had to be created

I hope this is the reason, but i have no pane tab for writing the serial number in. Pane and Number are missing.

(sorry, my english is bad)

• I have send at ticket to DAZ.

Serapine

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2017
    Because, considering what Catalyzer does now, that text in the product page Details is, imo, if not outright lie, than at least its misleading. 

I do admit, when I first saw the banner add and read the description, I got the same impression that the Catalyzer works with ALL LAMH (equating "LAMH models" to "any model with LAMH attached"). I agree the description should be clearer, and a list of compatible figures would be helpful in making that clarification. This is something that needs to be in big bold red lettering for people.

Regardless, it looks like a great step in the right direction. And I too am hoping for a future update that will work with all user-created LAMH; it would open up a whole new world of possibilities for creating real hair in Iray (rather than relying on bulky OBJ meshes created by Zbrush's Fibermesh or some other modeler).  yes

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • wrote to Alessandro_AM about the serial numbers here's a copy of his reply - 

"Serial Numbers haven't been put in any account (from what I hear), nor the updates to my entire library have been made available either. I suppose they had some issues of some kind."

So it is on the Daz end the problem glitch is which has happened before on other plug ins hopefully they'll get it sorted soon

• wrote to Alessandro_AM about the serial numbers here's a copy of his reply - 

"Serial Numbers haven't been put in any account (from what I hear), nor the updates to my entire library have been made available either. I suppose they had some issues of some kind."

So it is on the Daz end the problem glitch is which has happened before on other plug ins hopefully they'll get it sorted soon

Thanks for sharing this

I've just had a number up updates appear in my DIM for AM animals, so hopefully it's all in hand now. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Oh, is that all it is? Ok, grab.

I would take part in more of the sale but some money I was supposed to get a few weeks is STILL NOT HERE.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Really hoping that the RawArt and JoeQuick characters with LAMH presets can be made compatible with this, even if it's as a paid add-on.  I imagine there are enough of us out there to justify hiring an interen-type to do the gruntwork of making the conversions. 

edited August 2017

Yep, updates in my DIM. Wasn't seeing them in Smart Content updates tho - until I realized I hadn't actually reinstalled the wolf or cat furs. :headdesk: 

Installed them but I'm not seeing a "iray figures" section or even iray fur for the wolf as yet. 

edit: closed DS, reopened and yep they are there. laugh

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • Yes, now i have the presets too. Fine :-) But i have no catalyzer pane. Aaaargh

Is it install via DIM or manual install? Don't want to stuff up the install. 

jakiblue said:

The PDF says to use either DIM or manual. So I assume just not Connect. 

• jakiblue said:

AM's info page on installing it http://www.alessandromastronardi.com/blog/lamh2iray-catalyzer/

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610
    edited August 2017

Ooh good - I was just thinking "If it's $10 or less I'll get it right away" - downloading updated animals now :)

Edit: Boo - no serial number - guess I'll see if it's there in the morning.

Picked up the panthers addon for BC2 as well - noticed on the product page it says:

Notes

• To use the LAMH Presets you will need one of the following Plug-Ins for DAZ Studio:
    • To use LAMH Iray Presets requires:
      •  

but then doesn't link to the catalyst page - might need checking.

Post edited by Silent Winter on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

I have nearly all of AM's wonderful animals and just a whole bunch of updates for them. I also own Giant Anteater but I got it as a freebie giveawy in DS Creative; so, I guess I'll now have a good reason to buy it as well.

• Got it.  Just waiting on my serial number as well.

• Got it too. Now i´am waiting of the Serial Number.

• Same here

• thebertthebert Posts: 22

Its there NOW