Garibaldi Express: Hair and Fur Plugin [Commercial]

Comments

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Its obviously a problem locally, since no one has chimed in with "yeah, I had that happen too..." sort of thing. Maybe it just needs a good shutdown and cold restart, I don't know.

Yes, It sounds like an isolated problem but that doesn't mean it's not important. You can email me directly if you wish contact(at)garibaldiexpress.com .
    I think most of the possible things have been mentioned here already but the following may be helpful:
    * Make sure you run the installer as a Administrator (although the installer should request this automatically), this is needed as mentioned previously 'Garibaldi Express' is installed in the DAZ Studio program directory (which as default is in your systems 'Program Files' directory).
    * The installer doesn't try to do anything clever, it checks the Windows Registry for where DAZ Studio recorded it was installed. If you've moved where you have installed DAZ Studio manually, then set that directory during the installer wizard.
    * Manually verify that the DAZ Studio directory specified during the installer wizard is correct, if not adjust.
    * If your still having problems I would suggest creating a dummy Directory containing a 'plugins' and 'shaders' directory then install to that directory, then copy the 'garibaldiPlugin.dll' and 'garibaldiShader.sdl' to your DAZ Studio installation manually.
    edited December 1969

I hope to apply map, for interpolation setting too

What I would suggest to paint a new control map around the style curve roots you want to force the hair strands to follow. Then set that option in the 'Texture' setting in the 'Extrude Settings' to that map. Then set the 'Base' and 'Tip' options to 1.0, leave the Bias setting at the default 0.5.
    This will turn any interpolation between style curves off in the specified area and the just extrude the hair strands to follow the style curves directions.
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

So, here's the thing. Recently, I've been talking about density and control maps as though they were seperate things. They're not. A grey scale map is just that and can be used wherever grey scale maps can be used. I simply use density and control as a way of describing HOW they are used.

2 posts back, I was talking about how only one density map is used per node. This is true as far as it goes - only the map currently used in the distribution pane will be used for the hair output. But here's the trick. You can create multiple maps for different parts of the hair and use them as a kind of named selection group.

As an example, you can paint the hair density map to cover the whole hair region for your style. Then paint additional maps for side, back, top, etc. In the distribution pane, select top. Only hair for the area you painted as top will show. Go to style and change the length, comb it into shape, etc. Now go back to distribution and select the map for the whole head. In the style pane you will now see the whole head of hair - but the top section will already be styled!

You can use these maps as a kind of combination density/selection group to help get your hair styled. Just remember to have the whole head selection active when you exit to DS to see the whole masterpiece. The same cautions apply to this method as they do to selection groups. This is just another way to work.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much,, Kerya,, gone and futurebiscuit,,
    OK I gradually understand how it works,, need to try and understand
    how it works,,, one by one ^^;

All your advices tips are so useful,,
    I sometimes felt frastrate because,, the hair can not be perfect same as what I suppose,,
    and as same as the hair curve what I styled,

but other guys do well ^^; and there seems many way to adjust them.

I concentrate on "hair" ..after get this plug in,,@@;

As sonn as I start DS, open Garibaldi Edit,, then face to this tool,,,these days,,,
    I may forget how to use other many tools of DS ^^;)

this tool is so interesting,, there are many option,, which I have not tried yet,,
    and there are many possibility which can improve more and more ^^

then,, hope staticdrifter remove prolbem and will enjoy this hair tool,,
    (not so easy as I supposed,, but more interesting I have thought before,,,)

edited December 1969

I hope to apply map, for interpolation setting too

What I would suggest to paint a new control map around the style curve roots you want to force the hair strands to follow. Then set that option in the 'Texture' setting in the 'Extrude Settings' to that map. Then set the 'Base' and 'Tip' options to 1.0, leave the Bias setting at the default 0.5.
    This will turn any interpolation between style curves off in the specified area and the just extrude the hair strands to follow the style curves directions.

Hmmmm. You think I would have explored this option by now. I'm so conservative. :lol:

• staticstatic Posts: 325
    edited December 1969

Gone said:
    OK, I should point out that DS does NOT have to be installed in Program Files. It will end up there by default if you don't change the install path. Personally, I never install anything to those folders.

So, first, which version of DS do you have installed. It doesn't matter where you put it but it does matter if it is 64 bit or 32 bit. You need to verify which one you have and make sure you get the matching version of the plugin.

If all else fails, you can install to a temp directory and just move the files to the correct location. Be aware that this means you will not have a proper uninstaller. Not counting the uninstaller, there are only 2 files you need to deal with:
    garibaldiPlugin.dll needs to be placed in the "plugins" subfolder of DS and garibaldiShader.sdl needs to be in the "shaders" subfolder.

As long as these 2 files are in the correct subfolders and are the correct version (64 or 32 bit) for the version of DS you have installed then it will work properly.

Its obviously a problem locally, since no one has chimed in with "yeah, I had that happen too..." sort of thing. Maybe it just needs a good shutdown and cold restart, I don't know.

Yes, It sounds like an isolated problem but that doesn't mean it's not important. You can email me directly if you wish contact(at)garibaldiexpress.com .
    I think most of the possible things have been mentioned here already but the following may be helpful:
    * Make sure you run the installer as a Administrator (although the installer should request this automatically), this is needed as mentioned previously 'Garibaldi Express' is installed in the DAZ Studio program directory (which as default is in your systems 'Program Files' directory).
    * The installer doesn't try to do anything clever, it checks the Windows Registry for where DAZ Studio recorded it was installed. If you've moved where you have installed DAZ Studio manually, then set that directory during the installer wizard.
    * Manually verify that the DAZ Studio directory specified during the installer wizard is correct, if not adjust.
    * If your still having problems I would suggest creating a dummy Directory containing a 'plugins' and 'shaders' directory then install to that directory, then copy the 'garibaldiPlugin.dll' and 'garibaldiShader.sdl' to your DAZ Studio installation manually.

Thanks to you both!

Gone, you are a genious! and futurebiscuit, great tip at the last bullet. Thank you both, so much!
    I have Garibaldi installed now, and the Create menu, and the Edit menu, have the Garibaldi links. Wow! That simple.
    I shall now spend about an hour jumping for joy, followed by another hour of kicking my pants for not seeing that myself.
    Ok, cool, now I shall attempt to learn how to become a Hair Creator!
    Once again, Thanks to you both, as well as to twalling, who helped me out in another thread (he had the "that happened to me..." thing going on).

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

No I user salting and peppering on the course , also different setup for the Rendering % I think it was 3%
    then in the soft I removed the salt and pepper set the rendering to 100% edited the wide of the Specular, no frizz at all but clumping to the fullest .. also the roots angle , it was about 56 millions of vertices for the full figure , a lot , but rendered fast
    it was even more soft when the camera focal was lower .. almost plushy effect from distance
    just testing stuff out, still have to test the angle maps today to see how it will works with the hair patterns since I want to try a good body hair so I need the pattern for the roots so it don;t looks like a cactus but nice and flat to the body , I guess the same go for hairline for more realistic look as I used in the curly hair .. I will try to have just 1 node for the both effect and use all the control maps
    yesterday I got also the wet clumpy effect it was really interesting and also clumped spikes like twisted .. my last step is to make the curls bigger , I tried as you saw but it was more Spanish wave than nice styled big curls but I believe it will be possible just need spend more time on testing out the patterns and stuff , I still have all weekend free from work so a lot of furry fun for me hehe

Gone said:
    Mec4D said:
    I see you are on your way, very well done hehe

myself.. I played with dog fur .. course and soft

Gone said:
    Well, I guess this is starting to look more curly. :lol:

You're using frizz for the softness, right? Or are you using some other trick I don't know about? :red:

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    No I user salting and peppering on the course , also different setup for the Rendering % I think it was 3%
    then in the soft I removed the salt and pepper set the rendering to 100% edited the wide of the Specular, no frizz at all but clumping to the fullest .. also the roots angle , it was about 56 millions of vertices for the full figure , a lot , but rendered fast
    it was even more soft when the camera focal was lower .. almost plushy effect from distance
    just testing stuff out, still have to test the angle maps today to see how it will works with the hair patterns since I want to try a good body hair so I need the pattern for the roots so it don;t looks like a cactus but nice and flat to the body , I guess the same go for hairline for more realistic look as I used in the curly hair .. I will try to have just 1 node for the both effect and use all the control maps
    yesterday I got also the wet clumpy effect it was really interesting and also clumped spikes like twisted .. my last step is to make the curls bigger , I tried as you saw but it was more Spanish wave than nice styled big curls but I believe it will be possible just need spend more time on testing out the patterns and stuff , I still have all weekend free from work so a lot of furry fun for me hehe

Gone said:
    Mec4D said:

Gone said:

You're using frizz for the softness, right? Or are you using some other trick I don't know about? :red:

So, you're saying that the specular width in the DS Surfaces pane is what is giving the soft effect? If that's true, then I clearly was misunderstanding this property.

The rendering percent is the one set in the hair node in DS, correct? When I reduce that, all I end up with is extra fat hair strands. Just how much hair are you generating anyway that you can reduce it that much?

I would love to see how you built these control maps because you are obviously getting results that have eluded me.

I've been waiting through most of the beta cycle for you to become active because I knew you would start producing some fantastic stuff right out of the starting gate. :lol:

edited December 1969

I was not so much into creating in the testing time as the time was short but now I just try out what I know and see if this work since all hair curves works the same just different names with different sliders and workflow .

The Afro hair golden-black was just 15 K of hair strand but 22 millions vesicles .. it was the full head , the same value was used for the curly hair , sometimes it is good to slide up the rendering % on the garibaldi node in place of creating double hair , the pixel sample in DS rendering setting also change the look of the geometry , how higher the pixel sample ( Not the filter sample ) how finer the geometry but longer rendering time .
    Some scenes shots from far need lower % of the rendering node for the correct effect as not all pixels will be cached by the renderer
    so here is not a setup for everything in any situation since different focal point need different tweaking of the rendering and % in most cases to reduce the rendering time and visual aspect of the hair .

With the pixels sample in DS render setting it is like with the digital camera , how higher the pixels how finer the object details and hair sharp result .. for textures details DS use the filter sample , what in the case of hair will not change much but important of the skin and clothing .
    Some fold complain about pixelated effect of the hair, but that is because they render with pixel sample 2 or 4
    now if you take the last curly hair and set the rendering node of the hair to 150% or 200% in the general tab , it will create double hair effect and softer , it will altering the Specular effect also , that why reducing the wide of the Specular can create the dry and fluffy to wet or polished hair surface even if the hair have not the same length .
    Garibaldi shader is very complex and almost all effects of hair surface can be created using just the same scene and light without going into the plugin for changes .
    You can even see how your exported OBJ would looks like in rendering before you export it thanks to the node settings in the scene

and coming back to your question , in the plugin editor I generated around 300 k hair strands , but what was rendered from that was only 15 K in the curly tight and the golden afro . This way I can control the look and the hair in the scene depends of the closer or far focal of the camera without going into the plugin editor in and out as it slow down the work and can crash faster .
    Yesterday I tried to crash my DS and max I got was around 60 millions vertices and over 6 millions hair for the fur and it rendered the soft in 15 sec and the course in 8 min since the rendering settings was altered .

You know me I am visual rather than ""mathematical" so for me the seeing is learning
    The control maps are really great , amazing to use for the partings and the hair line to control the roots for the desired roots angle and directions other way all we will get is the :: cactus effect :: not matter how curly the tips become you still will have the roots like in Zbrush what was a pain to edit and make them flatter .. it is more simple as you think , since you will want to edit the visible hair line and not everything , painting them in Photoshop is the best solution .

The best way to start with is resize a good texture map of the face that have a hair line painted in like for example couple of my textures where you have the actual hair build in the textures , this is great for the reference
    rescale the face maps to 1024x1024 then create layer on 50% transparency and paint dots in gray scale around the hair line or parting , it will allow you to control the angles only of the frontal hair and left the rest of the hair in original stand and directions , I said paint dots since you don;t want to paint straight lines , the dots control map for the roots angles will blend better with the rest of the unit , you can still use extra node for that to avoid control maps but at the end you will ends tweaking more to match them so I prefer 1 node .

I going to make something complex today and see how it will works out , I mean complete unit the way it should be in my vision , it is a challenge but if this work out ( and should ) that will be great starting point for all my hair as well , the hair line is never the same by anybody and should matching the face form as well but this challenge will be a great lesson and practice and I am going to share it if this works the way I planned so you can study it if you like .

Gone said:
    Mec4D said:

Gone said:
    Mec4D said:

Gone said:

So, you're saying that the specular width in the DS Surfaces pane is what is giving the soft effect? If that's true, then I clearly was misunderstanding this property.

The rendering percent is the one set in the hair node in DS, correct? When I reduce that, all I end up with is extra fat hair strands. Just how much hair are you generating anyway that you can reduce it that much?

I would love to see how you built these control maps because you are obviously getting results that have eluded me.

I've been waiting through most of the beta cycle for you to become active because I knew you would start producing some fantastic stuff right out of the starting gate. :lol:

edited December 1969

Some of this stuff I know about, some I'm going to have to look at more closely.

The pixel samples is an old issue that keeps coming up in lots of threads. I set mine to 16 a long time ago. It seems to provide a decent balance of speed and quality - at least for me. :-)

I was looking at the render bump the other day and came to the same conclusion about doubling up. It's the reduction that seems to be the problem. You keep saying that you are rendering at 3% and yet you still have fine hair. Mine turns into great anime style hair. Unless you're talking about a different render setting than the one I'm talking about.

You have 20 million verts on 15K of hair!! You must have the seglength turned way down to get that or else we are talking about different things. I reduce the seglength for eyebrows - and occassionally hair - but, for the most part, I tend to leave it at default.

I use the root angle controls quite often - love them - but I've never used a seperate control map for them. Using dots in the control map is an interesting idea. Going to have to give it a try.

BlueGunner.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 633K
    edited December 1969

No 300 K of hair and since the hair was very long and curly it have a lot of vertices , reducing segmented is good for some type of hair or fur or grass especially when exporting to object .

and mostly I was talking about the Rendering value of the node as the rendering setting mostly I have as you mentioned .
    If you using control maps and stuff you need some extra hair strands . When I create object for export as OBJ it is total different story and I look at the hair in different way and keep attention to each strand , but when using curves you are unbraid and have total freedom , since the hair strand you choice to use in the editor don't have to be exactly the number you render later .
    It is hard for me to explain as I rater show off what I mean by .. you know my talk already so let's do some work for the show

edited December 1969

Here my stuff for tonight DS and UberE

Huntman-garibaldi-bw.jpg
    806 x 934 - 129K
    Huntman-garibaldi-color.jpg
    806 x 934 - 184K
    edited December 1969

Am I wrong in thinking that the beard and eyebrows are also Garibaldi hair? The hair looks great and you've really got that hairline nailed!

This is the kind of amazing hair I've been waiting to see!!!

edited December 1969

Thanks Gone , the hair are all over the eyebrows and beard also , I used painted distribution map based on the actual color texture so the hair picking the color from the ( floor ) perfect match

Gone said:
    Am I wrong in thinking that the beard and eyebrows are also Garibaldi hair? The hair looks great and you've really got that hairline nailed!

This is the kind of amazing hair I've been waiting to see!!!

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited December 1969

Documentation with full details on the use of maps and explanation of importing and exporting? I need to use the texture itself as the base color of the fur on an animal for a project? I don't see a decent explanation of the process in the available documentation anywhere and I don't have time to read through what is now almost 100 pages between the two threads.

With all due respect, this is the third plug-in / utility I've purchase in the last year without full documentation before release, each from a different source and it's getting old. This is like selling someone a car and telling them I'll get around to putting tires on in a month or two.

I can tell I'll like this already, so I'm not angry. Please don't misunderstand, but this is getting to be comonplace and it is just wrong on so many levels. Overall I figured the whole thing out in a few minutes except of course, something very important to the project I'm working on now, so ignore my rant but please a simple step by step to do what I need? The interface is excellent and the tools easy to use, so kudos for that.

1024?????? Is that permanent? Do I have to resize texture maps to use them for the base hair color, or am I misunderstanding and I have to create a whole new map and can't use the existing texture map?

Thanks for any help. I just started making the switch from Poser and I'm still strugling to learn it all quickly. I've decided already I like Studio better. I don't render in Studio or Poser however, but in this case I'll use Vue Infinite. I exported a test hair obj export and a realistic shader was actually quite easy to do. Now if I can get it out with a map? Is that possible to accomplish or should I buy the other product for that? I don't mind buying both (sorry may be wrong thread to ask that in) :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

One of the things that seems to have happened, is that GE was actually in the store a little quicker than expected...FutureBiscuit was getting most of the last round of bugs ironed out and starting to nail down the documentation when, BAM it was on sale...so the past couple of weeks seem to have been spent 'firefighting' instead of finishing up the documentation...although there have been several updates on the site.

Yes, the 1024 size is a 'hard' size and yes, you need to resize them...

If you want a 'uniform' hair/fur color, yeah, you can do it with a shader alone. But if want, a calico cat...no, you'll need a map for the color variations (well I guess you could use several nodes...one for each color, but that gets tedious trying to get them to blend without seams...).

edited March 2013

Thanks, that helps some. Coming out sooner than anticipated is an excellent reason, so understood. Rushing it for March Madness I suppose. Me, I'm insane all year round :)

Played some more and I love this interface and the tools. Very cool and easy!!!

I ended up buying both, so there goes my weekend of R&R. I love new toys. Waiting for my wife to notice the charges though :(

I've still not got the name thing figured out though. I'm a simple guy who just needs simple step by step. Click A then click B then do this ........

Post edited by Blaine91555 on
    edited December 1969

you can find the documentation regarding to Import Export here
    http://www.garibaldiexpress.com/wiki/index.php?title=Paint_Workspace

The documentation is about the functions and tools you are going to use it is not done as the product was early on sale as it should be
    the plugin have a lot of function and there would be a long time to cover everything you can do with and beyond that , as it is not just click and magic plugin but tool for creative people .

For the best way to make your work smooth with the color textures is export first the Density Hair maps after you finished painting them, then reopen it in Photoshop and overlap with the resealed to 1024x1024 color textures and save , then load them back as COLOUR by clicking the Import button in the Paint Tab and then plug then to the root and tip in the Distribution Tab and done

Documentation with full details on the use of maps and explanation of importing and exporting? I need to use the texture itself as the base color of the fur on an animal for a project? I don't see a decent explanation of the process in the available documentation anywhere and I don't have time to read through what is now almost 100 pages between the two threads.

With all due respect, this is the third plug-in / utility I've purchase in the last year without full documentation before release, each from a different source and it's getting old. This is like selling someone a car and telling them I'll get around to putting tires on in a month or two.

I can tell I'll like this already, so I'm not angry. Please don't misunderstand, but this is getting to be comonplace and it is just wrong on so many levels. Overall I figured the whole thing out in a few minutes except of course, something very important to the project I'm working on now, so ignore my rant but please a simple step by step to do what I need? The interface is excellent and the tools easy to use, so kudos for that.

1024?????? Is that permanent? Do I have to resize texture maps to use them for the base hair color, or am I misunderstanding and I have to create a whole new map and can't use the existing texture map?

Thanks for any help. I just started making the switch from Poser and I'm still strugling to learn it all quickly. I've decided already I like Studio better. I don't render in Studio or Poser however, but in this case I'll use Vue Infinite. I exported a test hair obj export and a realistic shader was actually quite easy to do. Now if I can get it out with a map? Is that possible to accomplish or should I buy the other product for that? I don't mind buying both (sorry may be wrong thread to ask that in) :)

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    it is not just click and magic plugin but tool for creative people .

:) Full Scholarship in 1972 and a lifetime in traditional artist mediums qualify me on creativity I think. I've reached advanced levels in other software like Lightwave, ZBrush, Infinite and Photoshop so this is easy enough. To be honest though, I still prefer Oils or pencils. Although I'm having great fun with CG.

The prior poster explained what happened and that is understandable. Thinking documentation should be complete before the end of Beta is not unreasonable.

I did not have time to read through all those pages but wanted to use this since it's so simple to use. I am new to Studio and I can knock out the renders in Infinite really fast where the rest of the scene resides, so I wanted to export the hair as an obj using the same texture map as the character as the base color. That seems like a desirable feature to me.

How to do that was not apparent. I could have been more diplomatic in how I asked and that's my bad. I get that way when I've had little sleep and am facing a deadline. I have to have a 50 page publication emailed by tomorrow and I wan't to use a Daz animal in an illustration. I should have just used it without hair, but I'm stubborn. :)

All in all I'd recommend this to anyone. Took me all of five minutes to figure it all out other than that one thing.

For the best way to make your work smooth with the color textures is export first the Density Hair maps after you finished painting them, then reopen it in Photoshop and overlap with the resealed to 1024x1024 color textures and save , then load them back as COLOUR by clicking the Import button in the Paint Tab and then plug then to the root and tip in the Distribution Tab and done

That's what I needed. Thank you, I really appreciate that. I got it to work just now using that method.

• Melissa ConwayMelissa Conway Posts: 590
    edited December 1969

I've been working on a 'real' ponytail and after a LOT of tweaking, was able to get the hair to behave the way I wanted it to:

ScottHarding.png
    1080 x 1620 - 2M
  • KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Well I picked this up earlier this week and I must say I'm not disappointed. The instructional video was great and after watching through fully once and a couple of quick recaps of a few sections I was able to produce a usable (though not very good – due to my skills not the plug-in) hair. A bit more playing in my limited time between work & the family and I got what I was looking for so here is my first half decent hair style, not overly imaginative but it was what I wanted & something I simply can't find in the market place.

For custom characters like this this plug-in is just what I needed, so thanks :)

Demon_Mowhawk-90.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 217K
    edited December 1969

Nice work guys ..

the pony tail is not easy , I left it for the end ( I know the idea about the prop as I tried it myself before ) but want to get it all at once .
    Also tried to get all the face hair eyebrows and scalp hair at once in the bellow 15 sec render test .. just testing stuff out with the control maps , all density maps was created in photoshop at once with custom color maps also for all the hair without additional nodes, I did not did the back of the head as I focused on the front for now to see how it works .. still work in progress with the wild set.. lol

test-1-hairline-close.jpg
    722 x 742 - 161K
    test-1-hairline.jpg
    659 x 846 - 134K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Cath: those are WONDERFUL!

I didn't get to play much, as I tried to get my second entry for the Stonemason contest in time. Not that I have a real chance, but I am crossing my fingers for the random selects ...

edited December 1969

Yeah, ponytails are such fun - in a masochistic sort of way. :cheese:

I did this one a while back with 3 nodes. One for the main hair, one for the tail and one for the hair knot. The tail uses a paint region that covers about 2/3 of the back of the head. I decided to do it this way to make it easier to comb the tail for different poses without disturbing the main hair.

Cath: beautiful work as always.

TiedPonytail.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 338K
    edited December 1969

when I need strict clear line which part area, and want to keep different length,
    making some nodes for each parts seems most suitable and reliable way.:roll:

there seems another way to controll interporation about some part by your advices
    without second or thrid hair node,, (futurebiscuit taught me too )

but it is actually difficult for me to adjust both of llength and keep partition line at same time.

when want to divide back and forwad with clear line and hope to keep different length ,
    the boder of two part cause me trouble to adjust.

On my pic,, I hope to change length of red part by green selected hair curve.
    but when I change the length of green hair curve,, it affect the hairs of red area.
    (which I want to keep the length)

then ,,, how apply controll map for Extrude Setting, or Auto parting Setting?
    I try to make and apply some controll maps ,and tweak parameter , one by one,
    but I could not controll what I hope.( length and keep the hair angle on the border area)

when I hope to divide two area , and hope to decide the length and angle by hair curve
    on the area,, (not change the other part hair length,,) what is best way?
    most good example product hair seems,,
    pure hair timeless

this beautivul pony tail have two clear part, front and buck,
    there are clear difference of length about two part , and keep clear strict line.
    and the side part around ear has another length group,, :roll:

Of course I know,, it is true artistic product,, so it is difficult,
    and I can never make perfect good shape hair,, even though I can understand
    controll map,, but I hope to understand how each controll maps can work better,,

Auto Parting settings, and Interporation setting , more,,,
    (I read again documents ^^; but I can not clear image,, how it works,,
    can I keep at sametime,, parting and length about different area ? )

so hope someone try to make the style,, like long/pure-hair-timeless,,,
    and show the way ^^; by one hair node group,,

hairinterporation.JPG
    1032 x 689 - 154K
    edited December 1969

Not a hair style by any means, but here's one way you might be able to accomplish what you want to do.

In the screen caps, you can see that I have loaded 3 maps. One for the whole head, one for the front, and one for the back.

In the distribution panel, select the front map. In the style pane, comb it, shorten it, do what you need to get the front shaped as you like. Now, go back to the disrtribution pane and select the map for the back. Again, in the style panel, comb, etc to get what you need.

Finally, go back to the distribution panel and select the hair map. In the style pane, make sure autopart is set between 90 - 100 (or whatever it takes to get the part to your desire). The hair will already be shaped the way you like so it's just a matter of finishing up with the tweak and clump panes. Remember to have the full hair map selected in the distribution panel when you go back to DS so you will have the full hair.

When you make the front and back maps, make sure that they do not share any polygons or you will find that guide hairs along the edge will be getting combed forward when you select the front map and then combed backwards when you select the back map.

GHKStraightPart.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 275K
    GHKBack.jpg
    938 x 968 - 256K
    GHKFront.jpg
    940 x 968 - 253K
    GHKHair.jpg
    942 x 970 - 252K
    edited December 1969

when I need strict clear line which part area, and want to keep different length,

So here are some screenshots to better explain using the extrude settings I mentioned previous. Similar effect to the auto parting but using a painted control map to manually direct where the parting happens.

(Images are just a very quick example)....

ScreenHairExtrude01.png
    893 x 655 - 597K
    ScreenHairExtrude02.png
    883 x 688 - 466K
    edited March 2013

Ah,,thanks ,much ,Gedd and furturebiscuit,,
    I can understand waht you told me,,
    so that I can part group of curve direction clear,,,

But,,, the way applied map on extrude setting, can work about how part area by direction.
    but even though I did so, it can not part two group by hair curves
    which decide length of hair.

that means,, on border of two area, both of hairs length on each area are affected by other hair curve length.
    I want to restrict it..

I hope,,, group A hair length not be affected by "hair curves" on group B,,

most simple case,, make plate, and make two group. right and left
    then I hope right area hair length keep 10cm,, left area hair length 100cm.

on border,, "hair length" must be interporated , (affected by both hair curves on both group)
    even though I apply map on extrude about border area. is not it?

I know on tweak section,, if I apply map on border,, it can reduce the interpolation effect,,
    but it seems difficult to adjust perfect.. (need interporation color map,,)

if I can part gorups with "hair and hair curves" , it seems easy to restrict lenght too.:roll:

I hope "group A hair length" can be decided by "group A hair curves" . not affected by group B hair cruves.
    (it seems ,,request for future version ?)

=======================
    anyway, ,thank you ,,I can recommend this hair tool truely.
    because I have not knowledge about hair making,, and basic,,
    but almost 10 days,, I can make base shape,, and it is not so difficult adjust detail
    (of course it depend on the user skill,, so it is good as my skill for base shape :))

and once make base shape (eg side part, or short cool cut ) and save the density map etc,
    whenever I want , load these maps and apply the hair, and reedit each hair curve again ^^.

shortm.JPG
    895 x 604 - 101K
    border3.JPG
    978 x 631 - 87K
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to say thanks to Mec4D. I really do enjoy Garibaldi Express.

I apologize for doing another Mohawk... but that is what the image called for. Its a Morphing Genesis hair piece. I can see that I'd need more colors (separate versions of the hair) for more interesting renders.

U-Mad?
    http://fluffybush.deviantart.com/art/U-Mad-358800050

UMADB2_-_SmallB.jpg
    1844 x 1037 - 467K
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

When are we getting Garibaldi Scrunchies and other hair bibs and bobs? Its an open market right now.