Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 9

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Novica said:

I have a question- how do you delete morphs you make when doing D-formers? They're under Pose Control in the Parameter tabs, but darned if I can find it in the studio files to delete them. I'm making a flabby arm morph for you folks (sharing the screenshots) but I'm still fine-tuning it. So help! Right clicking doesn't give the option to delete them.  Edit- I remember now- as long as you don't save as a Support Asset and you exit the studio, they won't save.

You can use Edit Mode in the parameters. Right-Click on the morph you want to remove, select Edit-Mode, right-click on the morph again, select Delete Selected Property. (You can turn on Edit-Mode by right-clicking on any parameter in the Parameters tab. It's just handy to use the morph you are going to remove.)

To remove more than one morph, select any morph you want to remove after entering Edit-Mode, and then right-click and select Delete Selected Property.

(Exiting will remove morphs that aren't saved as assets, unless you've saved the scene after creating your custom morphs. Then they stay with the scene.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited August 2017

Thanks. But I have a different problem now. (Don't know WHY I started this.)  I saved as a Support Asset>Morph Asset. But after exiting the studio, where do those now show up? I opened back up and there's no Morphs in Parameters. Is that an Uh-Oh?

Post edited by Novica on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130

Thank you, barbult - the trouble with this thread is that it's hard on the wishlist/wallet!

Novica said:

Thanks. But I have a different problem now. (Don't know WHY I started this.)  I saved as a Support Asset>Morph Asset. But after exiting the studio, where do those now show up? I opened back up and there's no Morphs in Parameters. Is that an Uh-Oh?

Select your object/figure in the Scene tab. Open the Parameters tab. Select your object/figure in the Parameters tab. Type the name of the morph into the search field, (or some part of the name.) In the left column, there should be an area that is "highlighted" while the rest is grayed out. Click on the highlighted text and drill down until you find the morph.

Let me know if that doesn't work.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118

When you save the morph be careful to NOT save it in Daz Connect data. Select a different library.

L'Adair said:

Select your object/figure in the Scene tab. Open the Parameters tab. Select your object/figure in the Parameters tab.....

Nope. Oh well, forget it for now. It's been a day of frustration trying to do technical stuff in the studio, so I went out and rode Stetson and have a heck-with-it-for-now attitude. I'm not going to redo them. Appreciate very much the assistance though!

Novica said:
    L'Adair said:

Select your object/figure in the Scene tab. Open the Parameters tab. Select your object/figure in the Parameters tab.....

Nope. Oh well, forget it for now. It's been a day of frustration trying to do technical stuff in the studio, so I went out and rode Stetson and have a heck-with-it-for-now attitude. I'm not going to redo them. Appreciate very much the assistance though!

I don't ride horses... but I did just watch Collateral Beauty on HBO. Sad yet uplifting movie, and Will Smith is great. As Always.

Now I feel up to tackling a certain squirrel who's managed to crash DS time and again. I think I've got the little bugger figured out, and don't expect any more crashes. (I'll do a tell all in the Kitchen, when I'm done... lol)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

I did a brief review of Fire Truck and Firefighter Uniform for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s) on my big city thread. You can see it here.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    RGcincy said:

I did a brief review of Fire Truck and Firefighter Uniform for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Genesis 2 Male(s) on my big city thread. You can see it here.

Does the firetruck have a functioning firehose?

RGcincy said:

Does the firetruck have a functioning firehose?

Unfotunately no.  

Dang, I have been looking for a firehose for the firefighters. I have a garden hose, and rendo has a pinup girl with a really old fashioned looking fire hose... But no realistic ones yet.

edited August 2017

Turbo Squid for $34. (But sure looks real!)  But not sure how "functioning" it is .Edit- nope. Just another curled firehose. Your firetruck looks awesome Rich. I did point out it was on sale a couple weeks ago, it was either 60 or 70% off, as was the truck required to use it..

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I wanted to show a little trick that I've been doing FOREVER here - it's successful sometimes, sometimes not. LOL. But it worked here and I was really happy with it. In this image, G3 is wearing the Gynoid Phase 6 outfit by EdArt3D from 'the other store'. I wanted a texture for it that reflected the crazy colours on OOT's Waterfall Tails Stylized Hair Now, I suck big time at texturing and I didn't want to spend hours trying to create a texture for the outfit. So I cheated. I selected the suit in the surfaces tab, then just put the base colour map from the hair into the base colour for the suit. And with fiddling a bit with the tiling (horizontal and vertical) I had the happy accident of the stripes on the pants matching up. laugh So her outfit matched her hair. It's not always successful, but with certain texture jpg's, it'll work. Particularly if the pose only shows off part of the outfit. I've got quite a lot of patterns that I often "retexture" an outfit simply by browsing to them and putting them in the base colour of the outfit - tiling really helps also. It's an easy and no-hair-tearing way of 'retexturing' an outfit. 

Click for larger image. 

FabiZenMoodsLights_jakiblue_elite.png
    1400 x 1800 - 2M
    edited August 2017

Here's SV7 Celine (Renderosity) another V4 who is GenX2d onto Genesis 3.

She's wearing Nydo Hair for Genesis 3

This is with a greatly modified bump, the glossy color changed to a dull yellow just to test it, (I would go back to a bit more white but wanted to show you), and sheen added.

Celine has intense bump on the end of her nose, you may like it or not.  I did dramatic lights to show a bump nose vs toned down option, and note even the "lotsa bump" on the nose isn't the default, THAT IS TONED DOWN SIGNIFICANTLY.  In the first image (all of them) I did increase glossiness and reflectivity, her skin was drier. Again, I changed the glossy colors from white to a lighter shade of the skin tone. (This is again with the yellow but I went with a bit more white in it.)

Below, nose bump, but greatly reduced. DO click and enlarge, then click on the nose again. You'll see what I mean. The bump looks stretched/ perhaps too large? What do you think?

Edit- also notice the teeny tiny curved slivers (like a moon eclipse) at the bottom of both pupils. Something isn't lining up right. Those are there regardless of the lighting. Go back up and look at the first one.

Bump reduced. You can't see it, but the bump on her neck at default and even reduced, is a LOT. I tweaked for a bit, this one could use some bump put back in. Just be aware that this gal will definitely need some personalization to get her however you want.

CeleneSV7 RENDO Nydo Hair.png
    743 x 1044 - 1M
    CeleneSV7 RENDO Nydo Hair2.png
    800 x 1100 - 1M
    CeleneSV7 RENDO Nydo Hair3.png
    800 x 1100 - 978K
    Post edited by Novica on

Dang, I have been looking for a firehose for the firefighters. I have a garden hose, and rendo has a pinup girl with a really old fashioned looking fire hose... But no realistic ones yet.

Defintiely a need for a rigged one that has the right nozzles and textures. Hint, hint PA's!

Novica said:

Turbo Squid for $34. (But sure looks real!)  But not sure how "functioning" it is .Edit- nope. Just another curled firehose. Your firetruck looks awesome Rich. I did point out it was on sale a couple weeks ago, it was either 60 or 70% off, as was the truck required to use it.

That's when I got it. Tips are helpful!

jakiblue said:

I wanted to show a little trick that I've been doing FOREVER here - it's successful sometimes, sometimes not. LOL. But it worked here and I was really happy with it. ... So I cheated. I selected the suit in the surfaces tab, then just put the base colour map from the hair into the base colour for the suit. And with fiddling a bit with the tiling (horizontal and vertical) I had the happy accident of the stripes on the pants matching up. laugh

Very clever! The clothes look really good with those colors.

I know it's a bit late cos that great G3Male sale is over, but I wanted to show Smay's Tactical Pants for G3Males on the females. This is Olympia 7 wearing them. To bring up the cuffs above her sneakers, I used the "universal boot" morph for them a bit. It raised them and narrowed them just a fraction. I think the only other thing I did was "widen waist" a bit as she is standing hipshot and there was some pokethru on the left hip due to that. But these are great pants for the girls - occasionally, the crotch can look too low but it usually works well. A good pair of pants (can have them with and without those pockets) to keep in mind next time Smay goes on sale. :D 

click for larger image. 

smaypantstestfemale.png
    600 x 1200 - 634K

jakiblue said:

That looks adorable!  Great tip. And beautifully rendered!

jakiblue said:

I know it's a bit late cos that great G3Male sale is over, but I wanted to show Smay's Tactical Pants for G3Males on the females.

Those look good! I've long felt the tactical pants were a stealth female pair of pants. I like them, but lowrise pants on men in a combat situation with stuff on your belt is a bad idea. When I put them on the men I usually have to make the hips much smaller for some reason.

Novica said:

This is with a greatly modified bump, the glossy color changed to a dull yellow just to test it, (I would go back to a bit more white but wanted to show you), and sheen added.

She looks far better with the greatly reduced Bump. I'm not sure why, but the full bump doesn't look like skin, but sand paper! Great job.

edited August 2017

@jakiblue  Not late at all. I very rarely have time to render the products when they're on sale, and with Ati's app, anytime those go on sale or people just want to know about them, there will be a link to your forum post on the product page under Forums. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

Hmmm, more orange banners than usual. I have the other Exoline product so getting a discount on Exoline Undergarments, and I really love the material zones. While normally I don't go for the spandex type or ultra tight pants, with shaders and scaling (and maybe some deformers) it can be tweaked. It's a good basic outfit for Genesis 8 Female. And how about that new sci-fi outfit? Use a bodysuit under itand it's totally family friendly.  And think- metallic shaders, scale shaders, and wow. A lot of work on that one.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

Fast Grab changed again (since yesterday.) Scapes Supreme looks like fun. Cloud brushes (8) for $2.09  and also backgrounds.  Also Illuminate Supreme, same price. Worth playing around with for those prices. Anyone have them? I'd love to say I'd test them for you, but not getting sidetracked for such inexpensive items. (I'm cutting trees and hauling limbs to the truck, just came in for a break. Doing it between showers, while it's so cool. (LOL, I just looked, heat index is 101. That's cool for Florida at noon.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

July 2017  Top 3 - 5  Picks  (Summary Post)

I will add a link to your current month post here, so all the posts are in one place and easy to surf. Then in the third post of the thread, I'll be linking the summary post. The list of all the picks since January is in the second post of the thread, as are the guidelines. (check what you've already chosen- it really comes in handy since we've done this since January)

(I mentioned we needed to do this a few days ago then we all got sidetracked.) So feel free to do your top picks, until August 15th. If you haven't done this before, go to the third post of this thread. If you're trying to remember what you rendered in July, that starts on page 16 of this thread if this is where you're posting. Wow, we've been busy.

Novica
    L'Adair
    Sueya
    Jakiblue
    IceDragonArt
    Xmasrose
    Isidorn
    Dreamfarmer
    RGcincy
    Luci45

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2017

Novica's Top 5 for July

Iray Converter for Genesis   I used it on Morgan and it was fun seeing Genesis with Iray.   Render 1   and on Dawn  Render 2

Iray Converter for Generation 4  Well, with this month being the beginning of doing all my Rendo characters, I have a lot of V4's.
    Render 1      Render 2     Render 3    Render 4

P3D Duffy HD for Victoria 8   Of course, I love the eyebrows!   Render 1

Galene Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)    Always been a favorite of mine and used a lot, I really like the loose style.  Render 1

Rialto Glasswork Shaders and Props for Iray       Render 1

And special mention-  Cailin Hair   It's just a straight hairstyle, but to me it's pretty realistic.     Render 1  

Post edited by Novica on

L'Adair's Top 4 Picks for July 2017

Esha's Modern Chinese Bedroom  Comes with recessed lighting in the ceiling and around the "headboard". Except for the chair, everything in the room is from the set, though rearranged.     Render

Kids Play Area Texture Add On It's highly unusual for me to use a texture "out-of-the-box," but this one is so well done, I didn't feel the need to use any shaders.     Render

IDG Portrait Studio A really nice industrial-type set with a big sliding door. The walls, floor and ceiling are all separate, making them easy to hide, or apply shaders to.     Render

DG Toon Style Hair Shaders Because sometimes you don't want the hair to look realistic!     Render 1     Render 2

• sueyasueya Posts: 826
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by sueya on

Jakiblue's Top Picks for July 2017

Razor ONE Hair for G3F  - I LOVE LOVE this hair! Great trans options for the scalp and I like to turn off limits for the top hair and make it swing down even further.  Render 01

Eva 7 - I've really grown to love Eva 7. My obsession with Olympia 7 means I haven't used her much but every time I do, I surprise myself with how awesome she is. Render 01

Bridget Hair - I'm a sucker for hair and AprilYSH never disappoints. The long braids on this are awesome and move really easily, plus she's included a shaping morph that has the braids rolled up around the ears. Versatility! Render 01

Bad Girl Textures for Super Bodysuit - wow!! these textures for the super bodysuit for G3F are AWESOME! Render 01

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

IceDragonArt's Top Picks For July

1. PA_Philosopher's Epic Skydome Mystical Island Cave - Gorgeous skydome and lighting.     Render

2. Raw Arts Raptor Dragon - I love this dragon, the wings are amazing and the feathers are beautiful.  Render

3. Wild Dreads for V4 - I can't remember if I can pick something from a different shop to showcase so I decided to err on the side of caution lol.  I do love this hair, its a lot more versatile than one might think and worked perfectly for this render.

4. SY's Rigged Waterfalls - I used this for the water coming out of the downspout.  These are super versatile and don't have to be used just for waterfalls.  I think the water coming out of the spout really made the falling rain in the scene more believable.  Render.

5. DM's Fantasy Bath - All of his props are amazing and come with so many extras.  All the little prop details and poses are usually included. And even though many of them are older, they translate very well to Iray.  Render

. Wild Dreads for V4 - I can't remember if I can pick something from a different shop to showcase

If you mean another store, no. All picks are from Daz. You can post a link to other store galleries, such as the Rendo gallery, DA, etc. 

I'll get caught up and list these this evening, I'm sorting through books to give to an Art Teacher at a local school, (what I used to draw from, long before the internet got going with Google searches to show you any kind of animal or scene you want.)  And I'm sorting out the Scholastic paperbacks (mint condition) for that Operations Director for the emergency organization that I buy clothes and toys for at Christmas. She'll put them in the warehouse and give them at that time.

It's a "feel good" day as I am taking things out of the storage unit and getting that done, and getting it to folks who can really appreciate it. The emergency folks help the poor, but also are helping all the ones who have house fires, and hit with the EF3 tornado two years ago, etc.  So....when was the last time you did some "spring cleaning?" Inquiring minds want to know if you keep more than you should, because of your artistic nature.

Second question- what kind of artistic things do you have? Mine are animal / reptile / bird books, (lots of bird books- I had amazons, macaws, cockatoos, and have lineolated parakeets at the moment), barn books, lighthouse books, wild west books, etc. And tons of wax watercolors, inks, acrylics, watercolor pencils, cold and hot pressed watercolor pads of all brands, bristol pads, sketch pads, scratchart paper (huge sheets, custom),  gouache, oils. I did manage to give away all the wood burning stuff. Big whoop. One type of thing. I'm also guilty of buying frames when they're on sale, thinking I'll watercolor or mixed media something to put in those. Yeah, right.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow, I am far behind on this thread, dealing with family and summer stuff. I was shocked to see the Big Cat is now longer here. Strangely, the first post that came up about it was from this thread. So back through all the missed posts I go. You all have been busy! 

This discussion has been closed.